Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:55:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Students banned from Graduation because of the Confederate Flag  (Read 36059 times)
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #200 on: June 11, 2008, 09:51:19 PM »

... including  this one which makes you look like a trailer trash hill billy  ok

Maybe to those unfamiliar with southern culture. I don't fly the Southern Cross anymore because of it's corruption by some bigots. However, I proudly display the Stars and Bars.

I will say this just as I left my computer yesterday, not 10 minutes later, I see 3 rednecks in their 1995 Z71 towing a trailer with a dune buggy covered in mud and a dirt bike.  On the rear window, a huge Rebel Flag (Confederate).  While at a traffic lite, they littered a McDonalds bag right into the road.  Now, I live in Alabama, I am familiar with Southern Culture and "country" people.  This had neither to do either.  These where white trash redneck wannabees that needed a fucking beat down.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #201 on: June 11, 2008, 10:04:18 PM »

An acceptable manner to show the flag?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwWUOmk7wO0
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2008, 03:36:27 AM »

^That is it. The Stars and Bars was the first flag of the Confederacy. In 63, the flag was changed to a white field with the Southern Cross in the canton. The final flag was adopted in 65. It was similar the 2nd, but it had a red stripe on the edge.

The flag that most associate as the confederate flag was really the flag of the military.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #203 on: June 12, 2008, 03:53:51 PM »

Race is just too touchy of a topic. People have their assholes puckered tight when the subject arises. I dont care to talk race with anyone of any race.

I think if more could do so, everyone would understand one another better and get a long better.

Lincoln is remembered as a great man and he was a good man. I think he had some good intentions although history HAS put him on a pedestal he doesnt deserve. He is the original Kurt Cobain. He got finished with a war, freed the slaves and was assassinated so anyone who dies that way get kind of a free pass on shit they did wrong because people dont want to seem disrespectful.

I am in South carolina right now and the stars and bars are sold and are displayed everywhere.

Colonel Mosby is dead on though. history books are written by the winners so its gonna be in a more favorable light in their direction. that is just human nature.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #204 on: June 12, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »

Lincoln is remembered as a great man and he was a good man. I think he had some good intentions although history HAS put him on a pedestal he doesnt deserve. He is the original Kurt Cobain.

Great, that clears a lot up. Thanks.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
sandman
Legend

« Reply #205 on: June 12, 2008, 10:20:59 PM »

?Most Southern soldiers viewed the driving issue to be sovereignty rather than slavery,? he said. ?Love of the Union was palpably stronger in the South than in the North before the war ? just as overt patriotism is today ? but it was tempered by a strong belief that state sovereignty existed prior to the Constitution and that it had never been surrendered.?

?The venerable Robert E. Lee has taken some vicious hits, as dishonest or misinformed advocates among political interest groups and in academia attempt to twist yesterday?s America into a fantasy that might better service the political issues of today,? he wrote. ?The greatest disservice on this count has been the attempt by these revisionist politicians and academics to defame the entire Confederate Army in a move that can only be termed the Nazification of the Confederacy.?

Few Southerners were slaveholders and that the war was fought over state sovereignty, which in the eyes of many at the time included the right to secede from the national government.

?The states that had joined the Union after the Revolution considered themselves independent political entities, much like the countries of Europe do today. The 10th Amendment to the Constitution reserved to the states all rights not specially granted to the federal government, and in their view the states had thus retained their right to dissolve the federal relationship.?

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #206 on: June 12, 2008, 11:45:39 PM »

Lincoln is remembered as a great man and he was a good man.

He was a despot. Look at his actions ... imprisonment without trial or charge, jailing editors of news papers that disagreed, war of aggression, lying to accomplish his aggression,  ... ad infintum.

... and that was in the North. In the South, it was summary execution.

Hmmm ... sounds kind of familiar, BUT it was practised on the American people.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:47:51 PM by Colonel Mosby » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #207 on: June 13, 2008, 01:38:38 AM »

He was still a good man though cause regardless of his intentions, slaves were indeed freed.
I dont think black people today care how geniune Lincoln was as long as it happened.

So that gives him the "good"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #208 on: June 13, 2008, 01:48:24 AM »

D, he was a fucking racsist, as were all white men then.

He wasn't a good man, he was a fucking military despot. IMO, the fucker was more worried about his position in history(just like the current administration).

He deliberately instigate the action in Charleston. While not analogous, his actions during that same time were equivalent to the ultimatum delivered to the authorities in Afghanistan in Oct 01.

No sovereign nation could submit.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #209 on: June 13, 2008, 01:55:02 AM »

See his fallacious arguments made in the spring of 61. He was an intelligent man, and he knew exactly what he was doing. The link is above.

JWB should be remembered for the hero that he is for ridding this nation of that brutal tyrant, instead of how he is portrayed ... in the rest of the country anyway.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #210 on: June 13, 2008, 02:42:31 AM »

D, he was a fucking racsist, as were all white men then.

He wasn't a good man, he was a fucking military despot. IMO, the fucker was more worried about his position in history(just like the current administration).

He deliberately instigate the action in Charleston. While not analogous, his actions during that same time were equivalent to the ultimatum delivered to the authorities in Afghanistan in Oct 01.

No sovereign nation could submit.

That's all well and good. He did it legally though; habeus corpus is not to be suspended bar invasion or rebellion. Of course, the north pushed them into that situation, but that can hardly be attributed to Lincoln alone.

You can't look at that piece of history without looking at the banking charters and the colonial script. Those are key.

He could be a pedophile for all I care, he's not responsible for ruining anything. He was simply an instrument that stopped following orders towards the end, indicative of a man with a heart for his country.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #211 on: June 13, 2008, 02:58:20 AM »

Ooh ... my friend, I do differ. He did not do it legally, and he was the one that issued the orders(with the help of Stanton(a most despicable son of a bitch)).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 02:59:52 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #212 on: June 13, 2008, 03:04:38 AM »

Come to think of it, I think that you had one of Ed's pics in a post of yours.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #213 on: June 13, 2008, 03:20:59 AM »

Ooh ... my friend, I do differ. He did not do it legally, and he was the one that issued the orders(with the help of Stanton(a most despicable son of a bitch)).

You're right it seems. Then again, what was he supposed to do? You don't win wars by having meetings in congress. I still say he was in his right to do it. The judge and congress are the real traitors here for jeopardizing the republics response ability.

Either way it's beside my point. Lincoln was a puppet, as was Booth, and you may put them both on polarized pedestals, but that doesn't change the fact that both the north and the south were victims of far greater powers than the dubious actions of a few misled men.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #214 on: June 13, 2008, 03:24:03 AM »

\

You're right it seems. Then again, what was he supposed to do? You don't win wars by having meetings in congress. I still say he was in his right to do it. The judge and congress are the real traitors here for jeopardizing the republics response ability.

The Tyrant defied, both congress, and the court ...for what either of those two were worth.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2008, 03:25:10 AM »

... and he was a FUCKING LIAR!!!

No, I don't think so, his hand was deep in the conspiracy. In fact, I would go so far as to say that he was the puppet master.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 03:28:18 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2008, 03:47:01 AM »

Please, a puppet master does not put himself in the line of fire. Never.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2008, 03:48:37 AM »

Thus "sic semper tyrannis". If I can be repetitious.

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2008, 03:58:34 AM »

No, that would be "sic semper nervis mobile lignum". yes

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2008, 04:02:05 AM »

For give my ignorance, but my latin is limited to what I picked up in Paleontology.

to those that are immobile?

beating your head head against a wall?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 04:09:21 AM by fuckin crazy » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: