Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:42:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Your tax dollars at work....
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Your tax dollars at work....  (Read 9721 times)
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2008, 01:38:09 PM »

Terrorists who want to bring down this country and kill americans are not the people who's rights the founding fathers were concerned about. Why should terrorists have the same rights as an American Citizen?

Some of these detainees are more than likely not terrorists, yet they were still locked up and tortured under the mere assumption that they were terrorists.

That doesn't sound rather sick and twisted to you?

How would you feel if you or your loved ones were held without evidence, and tortured?

How would you feel if you or your loved ones was on one of the flights that crashed into the twin towers?

Again, THESE ARE NOT US CITIZENS. How many suits will we have in the courts concerning terrorists every wish? They have killed or tried to kill americans. Giving them the rights of the americans they have hurt or killed is asenine.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 01:42:12 PM by Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky » Logged

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2008, 02:14:38 PM »

So how do you know who's a terrorist? Without, you know, evidence and a trial?

If you already know somebody is guilty, why have a trial at all? If you trust these guys so much, why not let them be the judge in all criminal cases? Sure would save a lot of money.

Did McVeigh deserve a trial?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2008, 02:41:11 PM »

If you already know somebody is guilty, why have a trial at all? If you trust these guys so much, why not let them be the judge in all criminal cases? Sure would save a lot of money.

Guantanamo prisoners are/were getting  military tribunals.

McVeigh was an American citizen, therefore he had a right to the US Court system.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2008, 03:27:05 PM »

Guantanamo prisoners are/were getting  military tribunals.

McVeigh was an American citizen, therefore he had a right to the US Court system.

"Bluto," I got this from Foxnews, because I figured you wouldn't trust it from anything "less."  hihi
Evidence Ignored, German Man Detained  http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Dec05/0,4670,GuantanamoGermanDetainee,00.html

but I guess that's all cool though...how much is 4 years of your life worth?  More than this guy's?  Add to that the torture he endured at the hands of our military. Wha? Huh? Wha?  Yeah, torturing innocents.  Don't you get it yet?  confused

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2008, 06:35:16 PM »

Are you more concerned for your enemy's rights rather than your own?

An enemy that if you were in his custody would kill you, without any concern for being humane? Maybe cut your head off and film it for propaganda purposes?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 06:38:38 PM by Senator John "Bluto" Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2008, 06:46:03 PM »

How can anyone bash anyone on this issue.  There are obviously two very credible schools of thought on this issue.  The country is divided on it and more importantly the Supreme Court is divided down the middle on it.  There is no need to bash people with the opposite view.  Especially on this issue where it has two legitimate points of view.

What will all those crying for these guys say when one si released and comits an act of terrorism?  I trust those holding these guys to make the determination that they are dangerous more than anyone on this board and even more than the supreme court.  There is no substitute for hands on experience.

That being said, all they won was a right to ask if their incarceration was legal.  If it is deemed illegal (and its on a case by case basis), they will stand trial and most will lose.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2008, 07:10:47 PM »

Are you more concerned for your enemy's rights rather than your own?

An enemy that if you were in his custody would kill you, without any concern for being humane? Maybe cut your head off and film it for propaganda purposes?

1st, what part of, "there are innocent people being held against their will and tortured," don't you understand?

2nd, why do you feel it necessary to lower yourself to the level of these terrorist thugs?  You live in the civilized world.
Nobody here is putting terrorists' rights "ahead" of our own.  Treating people like animals isn't right in any situation.  What's that old saying?  2 wrongs don't make a right...yeah, that's it.   Wink

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2008, 07:28:41 PM »

So the rights of American citizens should be extended to everyone in the world......maybe we should give them govt assistance for college as well.....free health care.....etc etc

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2008, 07:40:52 PM »

^ Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying!  Damn you're good! 

btw, Blutarsky, please answer my question.  How much is 4 years of your life worth?  Include being tortured...thanks.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2008, 07:54:19 PM »

^ Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying!  Damn you're good! 

btw, Blutarsky, please answer my question.  How much is 4 years of your life worth?  Include being tortured...thanks.

I don't answer loaded questions thank you very much. You can play gotcha with someone else.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2008, 02:32:13 PM »

Terrorists who want to bring down this country and kill americans are not the people who's rights the founding fathers were concerned about. Why should terrorists have the same rights as an American Citizen?

Some of these detainees are more than likely not terrorists, yet they were still locked up and tortured under the mere assumption that they were terrorists.

That doesn't sound rather sick and twisted to you?

How would you feel if you or your loved ones were held without evidence, and tortured?

How would you feel if you or your loved ones was on one of the flights that crashed into the twin towers?

Again, THESE ARE NOT US CITIZENS. How many suits will we have in the courts concerning terrorists every wish? They have killed or tried to kill americans. Giving them the rights of the americans they have hurt or killed is asenine.

The constitution does not just apply to US citizens, in fact it doesn't really apply to people at all - it's restrictions on what the federal government can do. I would think you'd know that as a self-proclaimed libertarian.

Edit: The 14th amendment guarantees due process to anyone on US soil, which is why they aren't being held in the US of course.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 02:43:29 PM by TAP » Logged

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2008, 02:33:50 PM »

That being said, all they won was a right to ask if their incarceration was legal.  If it is deemed illegal (and its on a case by case basis), they will stand trial and most will lose.

Exactly, yet this is being spun as they are all going to be let out tomorrow.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2008, 02:37:01 PM »

How dare those sons a bitches:

The Declaration of Independence:

don't bother aruging with them....they will hide behind the constitution, declaration of indepedence or any other ANCIENT document they can find

Wow, you really hate America. Better to be hiding behind Cheney's chickenhawk tail feathers I suppose.

to twist the meaning in order to defend terrorists....at the same time they ALL know that if the founding fathers were around today they would be making some alterations to those documents....

We certainly don't know that. The founding father weren't cowards unlike the neocons. They framed those documents in the shadow of war with the world's major military power of the time.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2008, 03:15:12 PM »

It's irrelevant anyway. The the message of the SCOTUS was clear: Bush's actions were unconstitutional, which I've been saying for years now.

The posters who call themselves "conservative" here are nothing of the sort btw. What they are advocating is not conservative, but a complete and utter disregard for our Constitution. They don't care about the right to a fair trial, they don't care about habeas corpus, they don't care if men have been held for years, tortured and finally released without being charged (and in some cases after our government  knowing they were not terrorists, being held for years.) It's all irrelevant to these guys. They want to have carte blanche to act like a group of thugs and torture freaks under the guise of "war on terror" and shit all over what makes America so great. Take your fascists ideals and go fuck yourself.

With this ruling we have hope for America again. We've still got a lot of work to do, but we're headed in the right direction.
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2008, 05:45:58 PM »

Interesting article on some of the 'terrorists' held at Gitmo

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/detainees/story/38773.html

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2008, 05:47:39 PM »

So the rights of American citizens should be extended to everyone in the world......maybe we should give them govt assistance for college as well.....free health care.....etc etc

Nice try Senator Strawman

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2008, 07:20:21 PM »

But TAP, I believe his screen name is Senator Blu...oh, wait a minute, I get it!   hihi

PS: TAP, great article posted.   beer
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 07:35:54 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2008, 09:07:18 PM »

With this ruling we have hope for America again. 

Was that lifted from an Obama speech? hihi

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2008, 10:24:41 PM »

Yes, I went outside and read my Obama sign before I posted it.

Chump.

Interesting article on some of the 'terrorists' held at Gitmo

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/detainees/story/38773.html

That's a great article, and 60 minutes did a piece about a guy from Germany, totally innocent, held for years without being charged, or allowed council all while enduring torture.

The bottom line is that these guys don't give a shit. That's why they never will comment on these cases. If they do nut up enough to be honest, they'll simply tell you they don't give shit if innocents get caught in the net. Psychopathic if you ask me.

See, this is where Senator Strawman will say "All you can do is call me names, because you don't have anything intelligent to say." Or coil up into the Randall Flagg "Victim" mode: "I just come here to read about GnR and am interested in politics, why do you feel it necessary to attack me personally?"

Conveniently forgetting that he just put up some bullshit strawman argument, or lied again.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 10:32:54 PM by SLCPUNK » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2008, 02:22:39 AM »

The founding fathers were aware that people held views such as those of Sen. Blutarsky, smoking guns, and Plitt-Mania ... they were called Tories then, and that is one of the reasons the documents, and correspondense is so clear on these matters.

This is something all Neocons should read, and learn from ... though, I have a feeling that they might think that Publius was dangerous to American freedom. hihi

And to the idiot that referenced "ANCIENT" documents, those documents are gives us our rights and laws.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: