Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:58:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Religulous Trailer
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Religulous Trailer  (Read 39279 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #180 on: April 01, 2009, 09:34:26 AM »

all we had to do was accept in our hearts that this man was sent to die for us.

That's not troublesome for you? Tongue

My complaint was this:  I'm reading this, and feeling like I'm being attacked because of my beliefs, and that's just not okay.

Just be cold, attack on faith is not personal attacks. peace
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 09:37:41 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #181 on: April 01, 2009, 10:06:02 AM »

So, if I said that anyone that doesn't believe the way I do is an f'n dumba** and all the other things that have been said in this thread, no one would be offended?  The difference is I would never do that.  I would NEVER say such rude things to someone.  It does feel like a personal attack, even if it's not meant to be.   The main post that set me off was the one that said something to effect of:  "My opinion is all Christians are Huh  (can't remember now).  F 'em all."  Something  like that.

No.  It's really not.  Not a  bit.  If I'm seen as deluded or ignorant for that, so be it.  That's really not troublesome for me either as I know it's not true.  What troubles me is people making the assumption that all Christians are -insert adjective used throughout this thread-.  Especially when I would never make assumptions about people that aren't Christians since I don't know them all personally.

See?  I'm not gonna win no matter what I say.  This is a pointless discussion, like I said before.  We both have the rights to believe what we choose, and it won't matter what I offer up as my point of view on the whole thing.  You won't accept it.  All I ask is that you accept my right to believe it.

You don't read or write very well for a literature teacher.

Well, that's your opinion, but I have a lot of students, teachers, and even a couple of degrees that say otherwise.  My opinion is that you haven't read closely what I've been trying to say, picking out only the parts that you feel you can attack, and then trying to say that I'm off in my reply. 

I don't know what more I can do.  I'm not trying to convince anyone to "come to my side".  Like I've said over and over, I wasn't looking for an argument, simply defending myself against what I felt was a ridiculous generalization.  What do you want me to say?  I provided you with the best definition of a true Christian in my opinion.  I tried to explain where I think the problems arise.  I did my best see and understand the points of view of everyone responding to me, only to be met with more criticism.  I told you from the start it wouldn't matter what I said, and you have proven me right.  If you want to believe I'm some horrible person with no sense whatsoever, I can't do a thing about that.  I could use all the  "big words" and quote scripture, and even give you scientific fact, and you would still think what you do, so what's the point?  I'm not on a GnR message board to participate in deep, soul-searching discussions, like I said A MILLION TIMES, and I wasn't responding to this to do so, either.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:45:15 AM by kmorgan » Logged
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #182 on: April 01, 2009, 11:57:01 AM »

Man, ya'll take things so personally.

Irony alert.

Now doesn't that make you feel better?
The pigs have won tonight
Now they can all sleep soundly
And everything is all right
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #183 on: April 01, 2009, 11:57:57 AM »

So, if I said that anyone that doesn't believe the way I do is an f'n dumba** and all the other things that have been said in this thread, no one would be offended? 

I wouldn't, mainly because your argument would carry no weight.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #184 on: April 01, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »

I'm reading this, and feeling like I'm being attacked because of my beliefs, and that's just not okay.   

kmorgan
Rocker

« Reply #185 on: April 01, 2009, 01:00:25 PM »

Irony alert.

Fine, man.  I never wanted to argue.  You can feel better about yourself knowing that I want nothing more to do with this if that's what it takes.  You can blame whatever you want for my not wanting to continue with this, but the truth is it has turned out to be a completely pointless discussion, just like I knew it would if we went down this path.  If you would like to believe you have won something, feel free.  I'm so sorry that I tried to have a rational conversation defending myself and people like me.  Talk about how I only quit talking to you because I can't defend myself and whatever, but honestly, I just know how endless this is going to be.  I've said already, I don't think I should have to defend myself, so I will stop trying.  Good-bye, and God bless, and God help you if I AM right!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:02:00 PM by kmorgan » Logged
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #186 on: April 01, 2009, 01:18:33 PM »

No.  It's really not.  Not a  bit.  If I'm seen as deluded or ignorant for that, so be it.

Uh, I was meaning having another person suffer and die for your "sins", not wether it's true or not. Tongue

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #187 on: April 01, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »

Irony alert.

Fine, man.  I never wanted to argue.  You can feel better about yourself knowing that I want nothing more to do with this if that's what it takes.  You can blame whatever you want for my not wanting to continue with this, but the truth is it has turned out to be a completely pointless discussion, just like I knew it would if we went down this path.  If you would like to believe you have won something, feel free.  I'm so sorry that I tried to have a rational conversation defending myself and people like me.  Talk about how I only quit talking to you because I can't defend myself and whatever, but honestly, I just know how endless this is going to be.  I've said already, I don't think I should have to defend myself, so I will stop trying.  Good-bye, and God bless, and God help you if I AM right!

Hyper sensitive, coiled into a victim role, totally unaware of the ironic nature of your posts, and effin patronizing.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #188 on: April 01, 2009, 01:51:54 PM »

why do people always seek for god?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #189 on: April 01, 2009, 02:11:11 PM »

Check out the second chapter of Freud's Civilization and Its Discontents

One of his theories I remember off the top of my head is that people have a psychological disposition to desiring a permanent figure of parental authority who is constantly keeping their life and the decisions that naturally arise while living it in check.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #190 on: April 01, 2009, 02:21:44 PM »

sounds very reasonable.  we are lonely existence.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2009, 02:23:20 PM »

sounds very reasonable.  we are lonely existence.

That's actually another one of Freud's theories.

Life is so depressing and lonely that the existence of an entity such as God is the only thing which could concievably make us feel whole.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #192 on: April 01, 2009, 02:34:32 PM »

Gawd comes in handy when praying before an important football game, or the slaughter of hundreds of thousands in Darfur.

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
norway
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #193 on: April 01, 2009, 03:01:30 PM »

God= good and the only true gods are those in nature and man.

All living things seek to become the highest of it's potential, it's the force of life and the will of nature.

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #194 on: April 01, 2009, 03:31:33 PM »

I'm not sure if you know nature and art, norway.

From an agnostic point of view, or a part Venusians, every religion is an interpretation of the same thing ie god/goddesses/gods.

Gawd comes in handy when praying before an important football game, or the slaughter of hundreds of thousands in Darfur.

as they say Danger past, god forgotten. yes
TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2009, 07:38:47 PM »

Here's an interesting (IMO) take by one of my favourite writers. It's a little heavy going, but worth the time to read it I think:

http://pinker.wjh.harvard.edu/articles/media/2004_10_29_religion.htm

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2009, 07:39:37 PM »

Irony alert.

Hyper sensitive, coiled into a victim role, totally unaware of the ironic nature of your posts, and effin patronizing.

and entirely predictable.

TAP
Banned
Rocker

March of the Pigs

« Reply #197 on: April 01, 2009, 07:41:14 PM »

No.  It's really not.  Not a  bit.  If I'm seen as deluded or ignorant for that, so be it.

Uh, I was meaning having another person suffer and die for your "sins", not wether it's true or not. Tongue

The whole idea is whacky from start to finish if you analyze it objectively, most people don't though.

SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #198 on: April 01, 2009, 08:33:30 PM »

My dog is trained to subdue and then dry hump LDS missionaries in the face when they visit my home.

JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #199 on: April 01, 2009, 09:43:49 PM »

I'm reading this, and feeling like I'm being attacked because of my beliefs, and that's just not okay.   

Why do the agnostics get pink for a color..I don't think that's fair.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: