Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:57:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227805 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Order Bumblefoot's new Album and fan pack SIGNED NOW!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Order Bumblefoot's new Album and fan pack SIGNED NOW!!!  (Read 9794 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2008, 10:54:16 PM »

When would the pre-ordered CDs be mailed out? July 1st or later?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 12:28:10 AM »

Bumblefoot Week: Day 2 "Glad To Be Here"

07/01/2008
(antiMusic) With a sound described as "The Sex Pistols meets Queen, with innovative guitar and a Zappa-esque twist" how could your interest not be sparked? We are talking about Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal who was thrust into the international spotlight a couple years ago when he joined Guns N' Roses and quickly won the fans over on their world tour. But that new gig hasn't changed Bubblefoot's DIY ethic as he continues to be a champion of the underground with his new self-released CD "Abnormal". That effort from the critically acclaimed rocker is available this week and we asked Bumblefoot to pick his favorite tracks from the album and tell us a bit about each one. He more than delivered! Here is Bumblefoot with today's song:

After getting off a tour, the transition back to civilian life ain't easy - life feels *wrong*, like it isn't yours and ya don't belong there. Within 12 hours, I'm going crazy, have even less tolerance for the little things that piss me off, need to drive faster than a shitty old Hyundai was meant to, and am at a loss on how to budget my time, re-learning what a day is and what it's suddenly supposed to consist of. "Glad To Be Here" came out of one of those moments where you're in the last place you'd want to be.

Like in the 80's at the DMV, when the lines went out the door, ya get to the window and the lady says there's another form to fill out, and you have to wait on line again for another 3 hours. Or traffic court, waitin' to see the judge. I think I've seen half the ones in NJ, one in Westchester, got out of having to sit in one in Virginia. But yeah, if you're ever in that spot, in that kinda traffic, in that kinda trouble, or with those kinds of people, think of the verses to this song, it'll say it all for ya.

Glad To Be Here

I'm so glad to be here I could slit my fucking wrist
This chaos is just what I need to keep me nice and pissed
My chest fills up with acid till the veins pop in my head
I wake up every morning wishing God would strike me dead
But...

When the whole world looks at me they see some other guy
Doesn't matter what I say, they all made up their minds
I didn't like it then, and I still don't like it now
But I find the strength to smile somehow
And say...

I'm so glad to be here I could jump off every bridge
But everybody's got a rope around one of my limbs
Tryin' to get their piece they keep on tearing me apart
They wanna get inside me so they can kick around my heart
'Coz...

And say...

I'm so glad to be here
I'm really glad to be here
I'm so glad to be here

I'm so glad I could just hang myself from the highest tree
I'm longing for the crush of rushing trains over me
I haven't had a good night sleep since 1995
I'm too tired to ask why I keep myself alive
But...

And say...

I'm so glad to be here
I'm so glad to be here

http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/july/01Bumblefoot_Week-_Day_2_Glad_To_Be_Here.shtml

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 02:06:22 AM »

I asked Bumble on his board and here is his reply:

All pre-sale orders should be heading out July 1st, or at least that week.

DCReed
Headliner

lorem ipsum

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 06:45:13 AM »

So today is the day!! We shipped our first batch of album pre-orders & fan packs earlier today. If you placed your order on or before 6/19/08, your order is already in the mail. Orders received 6/20-21 should ship before the end of the week.

All orders placed after 6/21/08 will be shipped starting next Monday (we promise).

Because of the nature of the new fan pack we're offering, BBF has to dedicate a massive amount of time to personally autograph CDs & photos for every customer, and we're also dealing with some delays from outside manufacturers due to the heavy demand for the fan pack.

The pre-order response has been overwhelming for our humble little label, so on behalf of Bald Freak and Bumblefoot - we THANK YOU for all your support! Cool

As always, we will send you a Shipping Confirmation e-mail once your order has been processed & dropped in the mail.

Domestic shipipng typically takes 3-5 business days, international shipping takes 4-7 business days. Please also keep in mind that we're dealing with a holiday weekend here in the US on Friday (no mail).

Thanks for your patience Very Happy
http://www.bumblefoot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3723

Rapidshare SUCKS!!!!
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 10:32:01 AM »

Bumblefoot's "Abnormal" pre sale volume exceeds expectations

2008-07-01 08:41:50 - "Abnormal" CD and Downloads now available

Abnormal, the long-awaited 16 track follow-up to Bumblefoot's 2005 Normal CD, is now available for sale at Amazon and Bald Freak Music. Fans can also download individual tracks or the entire album at iTunes and other digital stores. In addition, fans will be able to download instrumental and "radio-friendly" versions of the songs. At this time, these versions are available by download only.

New merchandise items are available for this release at the Bumblefoot store, including a limited-edition fan pack, as well as an autographed CD with a portion of proceeds being donated to MS research.

"Initial response to the Abnormal presale has been a bit overwhelming, definitely more than expected," says Ron Scalzo, Bumblefoot's distro partner at Bald Freak. "We've increased staff and we're doing our best to keep manufacturing and shipping on schedule, and without delay."

http://www.pr-inside.com/bumblefoot-s-abnormal-pre-sale-volume-r676681.htm

Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 03:01:46 PM »

Quote from: Bumblefoot
Seems iTunes didn't get the memo, haha.

It's being resolved, and all versions of Abnormal will be available by Thursday, so I've been told.

Meanwhile, the album should be available in all versions at Napster, Rhapsody, Audio Lunchbox, eMusic, MediaNet, Liquid, Digirama, Ruckus, InProdicon, Starbucks, Nokia, Puretracks, Touchtunes, Beats Digital, BeetLabs, Groove mobile, Wasabeat, Amazon, Amie Street, Spiral Frog, LaLa, Slacker, We7, and Masterbeat.

If the digi-download stores don't get it right, I'll personally make the album available for download myself.

Thanks,

Ron
« Last Edit: July 01, 2008, 03:20:58 PM by Dark Angel » Logged

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2008, 09:57:40 AM »

Bumblefoot Week: Day 3 "Redeye"

Redeye: So we're in this club in Tokyo, the band, crew, my wife, friends, having a great time. Only dim red lights in the club. This beautiful Japanese girl is all over us, couldn't understand a damn thing she was saying but spoke for hours. So there's me, my wife, this girl, we're just being silly, whatever, friends are laughing and taking pictures... get back to the hotel the next morning, go to bed, soon after I'm hearing this "voom voom voom" noise a half-second apart, I'm moving back and forth with it, thinking to myself "wow, the water's choppy." Then I realize I'm in a hotel, not on a boat. F**king earthquake. We get out of bed, the first thing I do is throw on a pair of pants - I WILL not die with my dick out, f**k that. We stand in the doorway of the bathroom, I hold my wife and tell her "this is gonna be a very long 30 seconds, just hang tight..." and we wait. The building didn't crumble, we went back to bed.

The next time I saw my friends, the photos they took came up - they said "what was up with that girl?" Did you see the pictures? They showed me the pictures, and the white light of the camera flash revealed that our exquisite lady friend from the night before had some kind of super outbreak of conjunctiva goin' on, I mean one of her eyes was so red it looked like a crime scene photo. The lights in the club were red, so it canceled out the redness of her eye, no one could tell...! And if we died in the earthquake, we never would have known. It makes ya wonder - when people die, what little bit of discovery do they miss out on, what would they have learned if they lived one more day? So deep... For me, it was that the little Japanese girl had a red eye. Great.

Red Eye

Well it started with a sound I never heard before
Then the pushin' and the pullin' me across the floor
I said the last thing we did the night before we die
Was a little drunk girl with a big red eye

It was another late night in Tokyo
In another dark club after another show
If the morning light could have got inside
We would have seen the girl had a big red eye

So we crashed out a little bit before the quake
Then I held you tight while the hotel shaked
If the walls came down we would have surely died
Never knowin' the girl had a big red eye

But we lived to see ourselves another day
And we laughed out loud with a foot in the grave
Ya see, the camera had a flash and the pictures don't lie
That little drunk girl had a big red eye

And the toxic waste spilled into the sea
And the air stuck like flypaper to me
It's all one big roller-coaster ride
And last night she got on with a big red eye

The greatest lessons we could learn in life
Are always served the day after we die
All I would have missed as I hit the sky
Was that the little drunk girl had a big red eye

http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/july/02Bumblefoot_Week-_Day_3_Redeye.shtml

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2008, 04:26:03 PM »

GOT MY FAN PACK TODAY!!!  TOTALLY FUCKIN' AWESOME!!!  headbanger

Bumblefoot really put A LOT of extra effort into personalizing the pic and cd!!!

The pic has your name and an exclamation (mine says "YEAH" and my friend's says "Thanks for All" and they're signed Ron Thal with a hand drawing of a guitar and BFOOT.  The cd has your name and ENJOY!!! and again is signed the same as the pic (with his name and the drawing and the BFOOT).

THANKS RON (and the other Ron, too)!!!   beer

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2008, 01:44:27 PM »

Bumblefoot Week: Day 4 "The Day After" and "Dash"

07/03/2008

Three cheers for DIY! Now here is Bumblefoot with today's songs:

"The Day After" This is an instrumental song that comes after Redeye. A song that feels like the day after, the earthquake day. The clock doesn't seem to measure time the way you're feeling it. For the song, I recorded the drums at a faster running speed so that when the song is played back at the correct speed, they'd sound slowed down, to enhance the feeling like everything is happening in slow motion. A "Strawberry Fields" kinda thing, or the very end of the first KISS album, the "Black Diamond" fade-out. That shit scared me as a kid. Laid all the guitar solos in one pass, no second takes, just let it sing from within. Thought about those that didn't survive, those that need to re-build, not knowing to what extent it would be or for how many. Hopefully those periods in life where you're tallying the dead are few and far between.

"Dash" I missed a close family member's funeral while on tour. Not the first time. I was told of the meaningful words that were said. One thing that struck me was how the headstone will have the date of birth, and the date of death... but it's the little 'dash' in-between the two dates that really matters. That dash represents everything that happens in-between those two dates, a person's entire life. In the end, everything we are, everything we care about, is just a 'dash'. We should respect that little line between the numbers, and make it a good one. Like Lennon said about life happening while we're off making plans, I think life is what passes by pointlessly when we concern ourselves with the wrong things. The little battles we wage against each other, those are the markers that life passes by in-between. I don't want to die and have that dash consist of wasted moments, bad choices and regrets. I'm making the effort to keep the poison out. This is the only chance.

Dash

And everything will come to pass.
And it all happened in the dash
I saw the numbers on each side
But all that mattered was the line

When you left so many came
To see the stone they had engraved
It all happened way too fast
It all happened in the dash

And everything will come and go
And we will never really know
Just how much falls in-between
Or we'd say everything will be.

But we can't sum up every page
With just one cover and one name
And all we had becomes a dash

And if I had one more chance for us to start things over
Ya know I wouldn't change a thing
And if I had one more chance for us to be together
If I could do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing

And everything will come to be
Another distant memory
Something alone to make you laugh
One for your own epitaph

And in the end what will they say
About your spirit and your name
And all we are becomes a dash

And if I had one more chance for us to start things over
Ya know I wouldn't change a thing
And if I had one more chance for us to be together
If I could do it all again, I wouldn't change a thing

Life is what happens in-between the dreams you're trying to remember
Life is what happens in-between going for your longest breath underwater
Life is what happens in-between the red lights and stop signs
Life is what happens in-between losing your patience on the express line

Life is what happens in-between letting the phone ring and staring at the number
Life is what happens in-between finding out what no one wants to tell ya.
Life is what happens in-between staying for the end of your favorite song
Life is what happens in-between wanting to say it, but waiting too long

Life is what happens in-between each fight on the message board
Life is what happens in-between each time I leave for another tour
Life is what happens in-between the holding out for a better spot
Life is what happens when you take a chance and lose what ya got

Life is what happens in-between the traffic stopped to look at the crash
Life is what happens in-between forgetting to hit save and starting from scratch
Life is what happens between agreeing that the year went by so fast
Life is what happens and all we have becomes a dash

Hearing is believing, so go here and grab a free MP3, learn more about Bumblefoot and the new album and buy 'Abnormal.' It's worth the price of admission!

http://www.antimusic.com/news/08/july/03Bumblefoot_Week-_Day_4_The_Day_After_and_Dash.shtml

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2008, 07:08:35 PM »

I just listened to the album ... very pleasantly surprised ? actually, more like SHOCKED how good it is.

The music part is AWESOME.  Every note on every song is clean, clear, crisp ... not one ?screech? on the entire cd.  The music part is so amazingly good that it would make an excellent instrumental cd on its own.

Ron?s singing is extraordinarily good ? nothing like I expected after hearing him on interviews.  IMO (and this is in no way a put-down, only an observation) his speaking voice is much ?darker? than his singing voice.  He matched his singing ?tone? perfectly to the ?sound? of each individual song.

His lyrics for the most part are ? ummmm ? well, he?s really good at rhyming.
Let me put it this way:  we all have our issues and we all deal with those issues in our own way.  Whatever works for each person is their own ?right? way.  It?s all good.  Some of us seek professional counseling.  Ron seems to have chosen songwriting as at least one way to deal with some of the issues.  (But maybe I?m just injecting my own issues into Ron?s lyrics in which case would make Ron the greatest lyricist of all time).

Personal Favorite Track:  Dash
IMO perfect in every way.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2008, 09:04:03 PM »

Got my package too! Sweet! Cd and Pic autographed. Thanks Ron! Can't wait to slip it in the cd player!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2008, 10:53:24 PM »

I ordered BBF's new cd today. Can't wait to give it a listen.   Smiley
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2008, 05:13:25 AM »

Ok, I got the fanpack today, I live in Greece... I placed the order on June 19th.

Damn it man... this album is TOO fuckin good. Just like Bumble said "the upside-down mirror image to "Normal"".

And I loved Normal so I love this album as well...

Time will tell if I'll listen to it more times than Normal, which if I hadn't transferred to my iPod would have melted from all the times I've listened to it...

Thanks for another GREAT album Mr. Thal.

And the fanpack ROCKS!!!

BUY IT NOW PEOPLE!!!

I'm happy he's in GN'R!!!

Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2008, 03:37:31 PM »

Update on the fan pack shipping:
Quote from: Bald Freak Music
Hey everyone.... the response to our little fan pack offer has been unbelievable, and it turns out that some of our manufacturer friends weren't exactly prepared for the overwhelming response.  A bunch have already gone out and Bumblefoot is busy signing all your CDs & photos, but some of the fan pack items are now on back order.

So....if you ordered a fan pack after JUNE 21, your order will likely be delayed an additional 1-2 weeks.  We apologize for the delay and on behalf of Bumblefoot, we thank you for your patience and hope you find the music & the product worth the wait!

Cheers,
Ron

I bet its worth waiting for.

The album is awesome. Absolutely amazing!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 04:21:51 PM by Dark Angel » Logged

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2008, 05:31:13 PM »

I ordered the album off his site the other day.  its supposed to be autographed and 5 dollars goes to MS charity, I think thats cool.

I didn't order the fan pack, but I'm starting to wish I had.
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2008, 04:14:06 AM »

Got my cd today, yeah it's cool he wrote some nice words rather than just sign it.

I never ordered the fanpack, as I already have most of that stuff.

The album sounds like Normal has snapped and lost the f'n plot. I love it! Grin

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2008, 08:26:06 AM »

Yep! now I am going to have to get the T shirt too! So sar I love the cd. Listened to most of it last night.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2008, 03:31:42 PM »

Same here, I might buy the fan pack now just to get the dvd, and show Ron more support love

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: