Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:26:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Bumblefoot to Nightrain Station ( polish Gn'R forum)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bumblefoot to Nightrain Station ( polish Gn'R forum)  (Read 5262 times)
zqyx79
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: July 18, 2008, 12:55:07 AM »

Thanks so much for the questions!!   Here ya go..........    smile

1.It's been good time?

Very   smile

2. How long lasted process of its creation Had album to be Abnormal from the beginning?

It started in October, songs started rushing out of my head, half the album written in a few days.  It always happens like that, out of nowhere.  Then I went back and looked at some older song ideas I had and finished them up.  Started recording drums in November, kept writing, songs and drums were finished in December.  Then bass, rhythm guitars, vocals, solos, and everything else - cello, violin, xylophone, tuba, opera singers. Started mixing in April, mastering in May, art & manufacturing and working out promo and distro in June, released July 1st.   smile

3. Did you borrow some ideas from Chinese Democracy and Axl?

I think it had an influence in the way I wrote songs - the songs and guitar playing feel a little more classic rock-n-roll at times, and there were some moments where I said to myself "This would sound great with Axl singin' it..."

4.You recorded album in home. It's sounds incredibly. Which errors should avoid a beginner producer and author of songs?

Thank you!  Most important thing is to capture a special moment.  Don't go for "perfection", go for spirit. Go for the moment that could never happen again the same way - save those takes, the ones that show the human imperfect spontaneous real person.  Those takes are more important than recording quality.

5.When the Abnormal Tour will start, will you come to Poland smile? Where and when?

I'd love to come play in Poland, all around the country - but I should probably stick around and see where the Chi-Dem negotiations go, before making plans to do a solo tour.  Will have to do it one of these days though   smile

6. Did you think about involving some of the GN'R band members into your solo records?

Yes, I've thought about it.  Dizzy, Frank, Chris...  Axl, Tommy too...   and Rich and Robin.  smile

7. Which song of your latest solo record did you spend most time working on?

The song "Green".  It took 10 years.  Here's a quote from a recent article << "Green": I hate all my fucking songs. It's not that I hate them, it's just that either I change and don't feel the personal connection anymore, or I've gone through such shit to make the song happen, that it's like re-living that time you had to pull a rusty hook out of your foot, and couldn't. Such a song is "Green". I wrote the song 10 years ago. What I mean is I heard the music, the melodies, the arrangement, the instrumentation, and the feeling I got from the song and the message of the words that needed to be written, in my head - just needed to get it out of my head and fill in the missing pieces. Had the music ready for the "Uncool" album I was writing for, but could not get the right words. Nothing said it like it needed to be said. I had to search. I searched for 4 years, sleeping each night with a notebook behind my head, and would sometimes wake up at 4am out of a deep sleep and write down a phrase. I finally had the words, depicting what I saw inside.

It took another 4 years before I was *ready* to sing them. I wasn't ready to take on the song, after all of that, it was too big a deal. What the fuck, it's just a song, right? And I'm no Beethoven. So what the Hell's the big deal? I don't know - once in a while a song rules you like that, and you have to be ready to take the leap, it'll destroy you if you act to soon. This was one of those songs. The other was a song called "Heart Attack," written around the same time as Green. That one only took four years to find lyrics for, then record. And it took dying and seeing the white light to get that one out. >>

8. Do you work out or practice any sport?

When I was younger, some weight-lifting, boxing...   just got a new heavybag, need to start hitting it again.  I'm a UFC fan...

9.Girl from forum wanted to know, did you have some diet? She thinks you look great now.

Thanks so much  smile  Yeah, I dropped a bunch of weight, it was real simple - put a Les Paul around your neck and run across a stage for two-and-a-half hours a night, a few nights a week.  That'll do it!  haha...    When you're in the hotel room, do push-ups and sit-ups.  And get sleep whenever you can.  Two important things I learned about touring, from past experience before Guns, is to sleep any chance you get, because it might be your last chance...  and to bring plenty of socks.  You wouldn't believe what wearing wet socks for 17 hours will do to your feet.  It's scary.

10. With whom would you like to play on the stage?

Matthew Bellamy (Muse)

11. Do you know who will play with you in All-Star Band on Rock Against Diabets?

Constantine Maroulis will be on vocals - he's an incredible singer and performer, and an all-around great guy. Jeff Berlin, one of the world's greatest bassists, if not THE greatest. Guys like Geddy Lee and Jaco Pastorius have agreed. Lez Warner is a world-class drummer - he's spent time in Africa studying native rhythms, has played with the Cult, Johnny Thunders, Julian Lennon, even Spinal Tap. We have Rafael Moriera and the house band from Rockstar INXS / Supernova jammin' with us too - very versatile talented guys. Most importantly, everyone you'll see on that stage is there because their heart's in the right place, that's what matters most about these guys. Might have some other folks jamming too, we'll see how it goes. Gonna be a fun time...!

12.How did start your cooperation on this concert?

We started speaking about it in May - they asked if I would play, and I came up with the idea of a jam.  I started reaching out to people to play, and doing whatever I could to help the organization.  Spoke to companies I work with - Vigier, Gibson, DiMarzio, they were all very generous and donated guitars and pickups to auction.   The coolest thing is with the shirts....   we're selling Rock Against Diabetes shirts, and we're going to pick a random name from everyone that buys a shirt, and that person will win a Gibson Les Paul, a 3-hour guitar lesson with me at the Gibson showroom in NYC, and so much more stuff...   right now, we're including the hotel - if enough people buy shirts, we'll be able to include the flight to NYC...    info is at http://www.rockagainstdiabetes.org/bfootbfg.htm   

13. Did you play Guitar Hero III, if yes what is your best score? Do you like video games?

I try to stay away from video games because once I start playing, I won't stop.  No guitar, no exercise, no making albums...   haven't played GH3, but played GH1 or 2 over Frank's - can't remember the best score.  I suck though, need more practice at it.

14. What is your clearest and funniest memory of the tours with Guns N' Roses?

So many memories.....  there's too many, haha!  The funniest ones would be better not to tell, haha...    there was the time a guy fell through the ceiling backstage in Norway, climbing through the air ducts...   all the times when I first joined the band, I'd take cookies and cupcakes out to the people waiting in line to enter the venue, offering them "free baked goods, courtesy of Guns N' Roses..."   Nobody knew who I was, then the show would start, and they'd realize "that guy playin' just offered me cookies."  Hangin' with Baz is always a fun time...   going to a Japanese McDonald's with Bubbles at 6am...   can't think of just one thing...

15.How's going on with new management?

Azoff and Gould are the best of the best.  If anyone can get things done, they can.

16. Many  members of GN'R are concentrated  on personal projects. It means there will be nothing draft on next month with GN'R?? (we now You don't can't tell but maybe? )

Speaking for myself, any time I'm not making music, it's like being suffocated with a bag over my head.  I like to do a lot of different things - writing a song for a TV show, mastering a band's album, jamming at a club, laying a guest solo for someone's album, and talking to you guys...   smile    It isn't a bad sign...   smile

17. When you think about Poland what is first that comes to your mind?

Roses.  Roses everywhere.  It was beautiful   smile   Then, eating black bean soup with Frank at a Mexican restaurant across from the hotel.  Then, how happy my friend Metal Mike was, that he was playing in Poland - I was happy for him.

18. Did you receive more offers to cooperate from other musicians after joining GN'R?

Do you mean, have I received more invitations to work with people?  Or do you mean, are people more willing to work with me now?   Maybe a little of both.  Before Guns, I was keeping pretty busy with teaching, producing and collaborating, solo albums and tours.  Now there's less time to do everything, so I have to make harder decisions on what to put time into, and who with.  I've been wanting to do an instructional DVD for 5 or 6 years.  I think the next thing I should do, before doing any side projects, I should start working on that DVD.

19.Can you tell the title of song called song # 2,which has leaked recently ?? Many fans gonna kill for this ?(please?. ).

NNOOOO!!  Not gonna spoil the surprise about anything.  (I'm cruel...)

20. Do you like Chopin?

Yes   smile   http://www.bumblefoot.com/audio/Ron%20Thal%20-%20Ominous%20Guitarists%20-%20Chopin.mp3

21. Did Axl like Abnormal?

I didn't ask, haha...

22. When are you going to  release next solo abum?

Hopefully after Chinese Democracy...

23. Can you give us Axl phone number ? biggrin

haha...!   Thank you all for your questions!   Have a wonderful Summer - hope to see you soon!  biggrin

Ron

[mango]
Rocker

Chris Pitman = GNR

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 01:47:42 AM »

all the times when I first joined the band, I'd take cookies and cupcakes out to the people waiting in line to enter the venue, offering them "free baked goods, courtesy of Guns N' Roses..."   Nobody knew who I was, then the show would start, and they'd realize "that guy playin' just offered me cookies."

rofl Classic Ron  ok ok

rofl

Tnx for this one, zqvx79  ok

18.9.2010 @ Stadthalle, Vienna, Austria - I was almost there
24.9.2010 @ Arena, Zagreb, Croatia - I was there
17.7.2012 @ Spaladium Arena, Split, Croatia - I was there too
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 02:18:39 AM »

very awesome and funny interview!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Fortus
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 03:41:06 AM »

I didnt met Ron but he's so sweet ok
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 05:48:21 AM »

I did. He is very sweet. Very down to earth. And I love that guys voice. We were commenting on it too him when we met him.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 06:46:28 AM »

very cool and loveable guy Smiley
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 07:19:33 AM »

Wow, really! That's majorly interesting. Where was that Willow? I didn't know that he could sing too?

I did. He is very sweet. Very down to earth. And I love that guys voice. We were commenting on it too him when we met him.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 07:28:26 AM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 10:45:17 AM »

Wonder who fell down the air ducts in norway?! Ha ha, that must have been a pretty funny sight!

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 01:57:29 PM »

Good read.

haven't played GH3, but played GH1 or 2 over Frank's - can't remember the best score.  I suck though, need more practice at it.

imagine everyone in Guns N roses playing upcoming Rock band 2. Grin
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 02:23:58 PM »

Thanks, cool read!

6. Did you think about involving some of the GN'R band members into your solo records?

Yes, I've thought about it.  Dizzy, Frank, Chris...  Axl, Tommy too...   and Rich and Robin.  smile
Yay. Cheesy

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 02:43:11 PM »

all the times when I first joined the band, I'd take cookies and cupcakes out to the people waiting in line to enter the venue, offering them "free baked goods, courtesy of Guns N' Roses..."   Nobody knew who I was, then the show would start, and they'd realize "that guy playin' just offered me cookies."

rofl Classic Ron  ok ok

rofl

Tnx for this one, zqvx79  ok

when i saw them in NY for the 4 nights (onl went to two though)my friend and his mom were walking behind the Hammerstein ballroom and saw him standing by the door and just walked pass him not knowing who we was until the show started  rofl
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 08:00:07 PM »

Wow, really! That's majorly interesting. Where was that Willow? I didn't know that he could sing too?

I was actually refering to his speaking voice. but Yeah he can sing. Check out his new cd!! Not bad. I love the punk feel to the first couple of songs.  I met him in Chicago in 2006 along with Del, Dizzy, Beta, Frank, Robin, Chris, and Tommy. Everyone was very nice to us. Great time!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: