Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:45:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  steven adler arrested for possession of narcotics
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: steven adler arrested for possession of narcotics  (Read 42653 times)
guns_n_motley
« on: July 18, 2008, 09:54:12 AM »

TMZ has learned Steven Adler, former drummer for Guns N' Roses, was arrested early this morning
in Hollywood for possession of narcotics, being under the influence and an outstanding warrant.

Adler is still in police custody.

Earlier this month, the 43-year-old rocker told a radio station he was planning on being part of the
cast of "Sober Living," a spin-off of VH1's "Celebrity Rehab." The timing couldn't be better.

SOURCE:
http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/18/guns-n-roses-guitarist-welcome-to-the-pokey/

so much for Celebrity rehab
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2008, 10:00:49 AM »

Well, maybe this is the trigger that finally helps him to change things around for the better. He doesn't need to be on a show like Celebrity Rehab  Roll Eyes/Sober Living  for that.  Roll Eyes I don't see how that could help him.

Wake up call.  Wink  Smiley

(They tried to do the same thing to Bach on Supergroup and the result was hilarious! Did you see the look on Nugent's face when Bach came out with the bottle of JD and started to skull!)  hihi

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:08:15 AM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2008, 10:07:42 AM »

No wakeup call... he'll never learn it, it'll be like this until he's dead.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2008, 10:13:16 AM »

Well, maybe this is the trigger that finally helps him to change things around for the better. He doesn't need to be on a show like Celebrity Rehab  Roll Eyes/Sober Living  for that.  Roll Eyes I don't see how that could help him.

Wake up call.  Wink  Smiley

(They tried to do the same thing to Bach on Supergroup and the result was hilarious! Did you see the look on Nugent's face when Bach came out with the bottle of JD and started to skull!)  hihi

maybe, but one would think a stroke and nearly dieing would be a wakeup call as well...
Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2008, 10:24:30 AM »

He knows what I'm talking about.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2008, 11:39:09 AM »

God Bless you Adler.May you get better soon. I met Adler three years ago, nicest dude in the world, hugging people , sharing Gunners stories, signing, taking pics and playing as if he were in a stadium when there were 500 people there. Some of his old buddies, Slash, Axl, Izzy should step in and help this man.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2008, 12:30:47 PM »

he doesn't want help. shit have you seen how many people have tried to straighten him out.

he got his face on TV got a bit of money again then went off and got high, same old story.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »

God Bless you Adler.May you get better soon. I met Adler three years ago, nicest dude in the world, hugging people , sharing Gunners stories, signing, taking pics and playing as if he were in a stadium when there were 500 people there. Some of his old buddies, Slash, Axl, Izzy should step in and help this man.

They've all stepped in.. especially Izzy who Steven is closest to this days.

He even wrote a song about Steven, it's 'TJ' aka Tijuana on his solo album Miami.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 01:03:55 PM »

Shocker.  Not.

Sad though, what a waste of talent. no

I'm afraid everyone has tried to help this guy, only he can make the resolve to really do it.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2008, 01:15:49 PM »

Ex-Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler arrested on drug charges

Police are called to Canyon Drive in Hollywood on a report of a disturbance at a home. Adler was held on charges of possessing narcotics, being under the influence, and for an outstanding warrant.

By Molly Hennessy-Fiske, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
9:40 AM PDT, July 18, 2008

Former Guns N' Roses drummer Steven Adler was arrested this morning in Hollywood for alleged drug possession.

Adler, 43, was arrested about 4 a.m. by Los Angeles police called to a home in the 2200 block of Canyon Drive, where a man was reportedly refusing to leave and creating a disturbance, said Los Angeles Police Officer April Harding.

Adler was arrested on suspicion of possessing narcotics and being under the influence, and for an outstanding warrant, Harding said, although she could not say what the warrant was for.

He was jailed on $45,000 bail.

Adler, who has faced drug charges before, drew attention in 1995 when residents alerted police after spotted him suffering from what turned out to be a heroin overdose in his car while parked in a Sherman Oaks neighborhood. He was later charged in connection with the incident.

Adler performed on early Guns N' Roses albums but was fired from the band in 1989. Adler challenged the dismissal in court, where the band's manager testified that Adler's drug addiction led to his firing.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2008, 01:21:47 PM »

Well, now, that is a shame.  no

Still, this is a chance for rehabilitation. Everyone respects a reformed drug addict. Someone who has beaten the addiction. There's time.

The warrant could be for a traffic fine.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 01:33:15 PM by Rapunzel » Logged

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2008, 01:22:33 PM »

As I said before, straight out of Celebrity Rehab and on the road - he had no chance of staying sober.  The road is the very worst place for Steven.  Actually, every place is the very worst place for Steven.  He is so psychologically addicted, it doesn't matter if he physically needs it or not, his psyche demands it.    
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2008, 01:38:53 PM »

Adler was arrested on suspicion of possessing narcotics and being under the influence, and for an outstanding warrant, Harding said, although she could not say what the warrant was for.

From TMZ

UPDATE: The warrant stems from a 2005 case where Adler was charged for being under the influence of a controlled substance and driving on a suspended license. He then sealed his fate by missing a court date in April of 2006.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2008, 01:40:44 PM »

Oh, right. Yeh, as soon as you don't appear in court they tend to slap warrants on you. The law takes court appearances very seriously. You have to rock up.

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 01:45:13 PM »

Still, this is a chance for rehabilitation. Everyone respects a reformed drug addict. Someone who has beaten the addiction. There's time.

Hon - Steven is never going to get clean and the warrant was issued for not showing up in court for the drug arrest and suspended license.  He just can't stop himself from fucking up. 
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2008, 01:59:49 PM »

The guy is a joke !

Sad but true.

Thanks Giant Robot...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2008, 02:07:41 PM »

The day he gets clean physically and mentally is going to be the same day he dies. 

If he didn't learn by what he already went through, a few more court appearances are not going to make any damn difference at all.
Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2008, 02:18:50 PM »

Hon - Steven is never going to get clean and the warrant was issued for not showing up in court for the drug arrest and suspended license.  He just can't stop himself from fucking up. 

Um, yeh that's what I said. He missed the court date in 2006, technically due to this missed date the police could have issued a warrant for his arrest from this time and charged him. I take it that they didn't arrest him in 2006. So yeh, Bandita, another court appearance probably wouldn't have helped him then, he would have continued driving under the influence due to his addiction.

However, if you "fuck up" again in the same way, the law takes it more seriously. That's why he was arrested this time. I know how The System works.

(.......this is where the law can help!) Smiley

« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 03:03:25 PM by Rapunzel » Logged

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2008, 04:18:03 PM »

Good job Steven.

Sad

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 05:48:12 PM »

The day he gets clean physically and mentally is going to be the same day he dies. 

Him and 99.999% of the rest of us!!!

Glad to hear you're perfect.  Roll Eyes

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: