Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 02:32:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227803 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Will Izzy feat new GNR material?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Izzy feat new GNR material?  (Read 7411 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« on: August 05, 2008, 10:05:36 AM »

We all know he played with GNR in 2006. Do you think he may be feat. on any new GNR material in the future?
It would be cool to have a song on a future GNR album feat. Izzy. Or maybe som bonus material/live records from 2006
where Izzy stradlin played.

Izzy rocks!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2008, 10:53:09 AM »

It would be a great idea I think, but who knows

libertad
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2008, 12:21:41 PM »

That would be great yeah

Personally though I'd rather hear new material from the Izzy/Slash/Duff combo then the Axl/Izzy combo
Kodak
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »

i think if slash duff n izzy recorded together again and izzy sang it would probably be pretty sweet

but izzy and axl.. izzy'd get him playin rock instead of industrial  hihi and id shit my pants and doa  back flip

Saber idiomas es tener cultura . quel que chose que je pense todas las d?as
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:27:30 AM »

Izzy turned down the offer to join Velvet Revolver so I think he's just doing his own thing and he also didn't want to turn on his childhood friend Axl.  He had kept in touch with Axl after leaving the band.  Both supported each others role.  Izzy will appear here and there support his friends and if there is a reunion he may jump in.  Even that is questionable.  The last reason and the one he has restated again was he left the band because of alcohol abuse and in fighting.  He said he couldn't tour without drinking so he decided to leave.  Now that everyone is sober maybe things will change.  He's friends with everyone and so is Dizzy contrary to what others have said regarding Dizzy not getting respect from Slash et al.  There have been many relationships that soured, that have now been repaired.  A common thread of both new and old GnR is they all share friendships with Izzy, Dizzy, Bach and other band support players such as tuners and crew.  They also share friendships outside of music as well.  Even the old members support Axl over Scott.....

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 10:04:50 AM »

Izzy turned down the offer to join Velvet Revolver .....

Izzy didn't turn down any offer to join VR because he was never asked to join.  Scottie said it sounded too much like GNR or something.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 10:06:19 AM »

Izzy didn't turn down any offer to join VR because he was never asked to join.  Scottie said it sounded too much like GNR or something.

I think he was asked to join.. he just didn't like the idea of working with a "frontman"
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 10:16:15 AM »

I think he was asked to join.. he just didn't like the idea of working with a "frontman"
ThanksCheap Jon...Yeah he was asked.  I didn't realize that I had to embellish the reasonings for him to turn down the offer??  But again he wanted to do his own thing.  HIS OWN thing. drool

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 12:43:41 PM »

HE DID NOT TURN THEM DOWN THEM DOWN, THEY TURNED HIM DOWN. For once and all here's what happened: Izzy called Slash one day in October 2002 and the talk ended up about 'The Project'. Izzy said cool I'll come down. So he went down with his guitar and a cassette containing song ideas of around 12 songs. He then played with them for a few weeks, Dave K was already there playing guitar (without the public knowing about this at the time) but just hanging around at that time when Izzy was there. So what they did was they worked out the songs Izzy brought with him and had Izzy singing. Izzy then suggested to do some tracking at Rumbo's, the recording studio around the block from Mates, their rehearsel studio. So they recorded their songs and it was Izzy who suggested to rent a van and do a club tour, with him and Duff taking turns singing, playing some covers. But Duff, Slash and Matt refused that offer cause they wanted to find a 'real frontman'. As soon as the first vocalist to come down for his audition when Izzy was there, which was Kelly Shaefer (who was actually literally waiting at Mates after he flew in from LA when the guys were recording at Rumbo's). So as soon as Kelly was trying out Izzy bailed again as he was 'traumatized from earlier experiences'. He took with him the ideas to his own band, worked them out in April 2003 and recorded them which resulted in the Like A Dog album. Basically that album contains ideas that are the same ideas that he brought with him to The Project. That's why there are also some similarities like Do It For The Kids and Bomb, and there's a mentioning of Snafu in Slash's bio. When Scott came in the picture somewhere in the middle of 2003, Izzy was already long gone.. with LAD in the pocket. Scott then mentioned how he got some songs from Slash and co containing Izzy's ideas and he said he wasn't excited about it, too much GN'R and classic rock for him.

Just some random funny info; When Izzy first came to the Project he also brought with him a cd of The Darkness Slash said, he wondered who turned him on onto the Darkness Grin

All the stuff I mentioned above are facts and collected from sources like guitar magazines, Slash's bio, Izzy bandmembers and radio interviews (for example the part about Kelly waiting was told by a friend of him, a BBC radio DJ who was interviewing Slash in 2003).

Personally, I think it would have been awesome if Izzy joined.. awesome music compared to VR. I also think we'd 'only' get one album and a small clubtour, but I'm sure I would've prefered that compared to what VR has released.

I also think that Izzy won't ever get in a real band setting and tour again for this reason: He likes his freedom way too much, the freedom to wake up and go where ever he wants to go at whatever time and do as he pleases. Axl also said in 2006 that Izzy was the kind of guy who'd show up, you'd make an appointment to go lunch the next day only to find out he's in the Baha racing trucks.. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 12:50:28 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 02:46:44 PM »

Potato Pototo....I don't think we've communicated on the subject before but I've read the same stuff and more and yes they did talk and some things we both agree on but I read that Izzy wasn't ready to join anyones band because of the reasons I've posted and also found:
VELVET REVOLVER
Formation (2002-2003)
Velvet Revolver was formed when three former members of Guns N' Roses (Slash (guitar), Duff McKagan (bass), and Matt Sorum (drums) joined to play a benefit concert for fellow musician Randy Castillo in 2002. They subsequently decided to form a new band that would bring the spirit of rock back to the mainstream. When Izzy Stradlin declined an invitation, the band recruited guitarist Dave Kushner, who had previously played with Wasted Youth and Dave Navarro. Kushner had attended school with Slash and had worked with McKagan in Loaded, the band in which he played before joining Velvet Revolver. The quartet were referred to under the temporary name "The Project" for a short period pending the selection of a permanent title for this emerging supergroup.

So I guess it really doesn't matter now does it being he's in neither band at this time.  Again we agree no doubt on most of your post so I hope you were just putting it out there for information and not to scold on my lack of Izzy facts.  All the articles were basically the same but some were open for intepretation.  I also believe that Dave K was already there but still trying to rid addiction....so the above and others have some inconsistant findings as well.  I'm a fan of VR and GnR.  I go back to 1988 GnR so I'm weathered (old some may say) and may not have the time or want to look up the facts or fiction for argument sake.  Some do have that luxury of linking sites, articles and findings to a post.   I stand by my posts and don't look to school anyone either.  Maybe I'm wrong but people here tend to attack certain posts for no real reason and it started w/i the last 12 to 16 months.  That's why I don't post much anymore.  If you have repeated yourself to others than fine...I hope we're cool here on the subject.

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:09:46 PM »

You've gotta respect Izzy...there would be no Gn'R, as we know it, without his input...yet he walked away at the peak, with no hard feelings (assumption there, since he has worked with everyone since).  I would love to hear that he had input on Chidem.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 01:01:05 AM »

So I guess it really doesn't matter now does it being he's in neither band at this time.  Again we agree no doubt on most of your post so I hope you were just putting it out there for information and not to scold on my lack of Izzy facts. 

As a huge Izzy fan I was indeed just putting it out there (clearly for everyone  Wink ) and not scolding on your or anyone's lack of Izzy facts.. it's all good here. Just wanted to make some things clear.

The story you mentioned, that's just a vague media report. But my point of sharing the info I did was not prooving he did or didn?t decline I just wanted to let everyone know what the deal was back then.

PS. This is not my main board, that would be the Izzy board Tongue
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 08:07:48 AM »

Just busting your cubes.  I can see you were a big Izzy fan and who isn't.  If you really research Izzy you can honestly say that he did pretty well for himself as did Axl, Duff, Matt, well pretty much everyone except Slash who lived harder than the rest and wanted more cash, he probably wanted his name associated with GnR more than the cash, well I guess they would both go hand in hand.  Even Stephen did until he exhausted his cash on drugs, alcohol and mismanaged tours etc....  I'm a race fan and love the fact that Izzy loses his regular day to day pressures through racing and by writing music.  I give him more accolades for walking away to save himself from the temptation of alcohol, drugs and in a sense was able to keep his friendship with everyone in doing so.  He's his own man who wanted to be with his family and do his own stuff.  I think he would still write with his bandmates (I refuse to call him an Ex-bandmate) but touring would be minimal.  Who would blame him.  Nice post honestly and good luck.
 beer

IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 12:20:39 PM »

Might wanna look at the coolest GN'R related board around.. the Izzy Stradlin board Cool

www.beenafix.com
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2008, 01:36:03 AM »

i think if slash duff n izzy recorded together again and izzy sang it would probably be pretty sweet

but izzy and axl.. izzy'd get him playin rock instead of industrial  hihi and id shit my pants and doa  back flip

Slash said during the Pre-Revovler days when Izzy was in the band, That the music they wrote together would have been the Best GN'R Record Ever.
I would have so loved to hear it.

Izzy should be VR's next singer......a 4/5 Reunion!! That's what I'm talking About.  smoking
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 01:37:52 AM by CaughtMeInaComa » Logged
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 04:59:54 AM »

Slash said during the Pre-Revovler days when Izzy was in the band, That the music they wrote together would have been the Best GN'R Record Ever.
I would have so loved to hear it.

Well, listen to Izzy's Like A Dog album and you basically know what that SID album would sound like..  Cool

Btw, that 2002 SIDM album ain't the only one there is, there's also the November 2001 album (Slash/Izzy/Duff/Taz) that is finished but unreleased. According to Slash that one didn't sound like the next GN'R or Snakepit, it ain't in that style. He said it's got simple laidback rockers and no heavy duty arrangements and that the songs sounded like Izzy and Slash + Izzy, they had a sense of humor about them. A lot of people thought in August 2002 when it was anounced that Izzy was gonna release On Down The Road that that was this album, but that was 'just' another solo album..

2001 and 2002 was a busy time for Izzy Tongue

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

For those who are interested here a list of released and unreleased Izzy projects:

1991 Ju Ju Hounds
1998 Slash/Izzy/Duff songs* (unreleased with the exception of two songs on Beautiful Disease and Episode '99)
1998 117 degrees
1999 Ride On
2001 River
2001 All-acoustic solo album (unreleased but planned for release in the later half of the year, after River)
2001 Slash/Izzy/Duff/Taz album (finished but unreleased)
2002 Slash/Izzy/Duff/Matt album (finished? but unreleased)
2002 On Down The Road
2003 Like A Dog
2005 Miami
2007 Fire
2008 Concrete

Guest appearances with Izzy:

1993 John Cougar Mellencamp - Miss Missy (acoustic guitar and possibly backing vocals)
1998 The Outpatience - Wound Up In A Vega (rhythm guitar, co-wrote the track with West Arkeen)
2002 The Burden Brothers - Walk Away (rhythm guitar w/ Duff on bass, the EP version not the album version)
2004 Mark Lanegan - Strange Religion (backing vocals w/ Duff)
2004 kittyviolet - Up / Guys With Oakleys - (solo guitars and rhythm guitars, it's Izzy's bassist JT Longoria's project)

*The two songs are Put You Back featuring Izzy on slide on Duff's Beautiful Disease and Ridin' Home on Loaded's Episode '99 Live where Izzy wrote the track but doesn't play on it. There's a studio version of it likely cause it was written as a b-side together with Put You Back on Duff's request for Beautiful Disease.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

And these are just the material that we know / gathered from interviews, there could be more unreleased Projects we don't know off
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 05:40:04 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 10:05:25 PM »

What is SID and SIDM?

I have an article that says VR were working on a song called SNAFU with Izzy. Where does that song appear?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 10:09:08 PM »

I am calling this shit now

If Robin is gone, I look for Izzy to be the guitar player until Axl finds a suitable replacement if Izzy doesn't want to.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2008, 12:27:04 PM »

What is SID and SIDM?

I have an article that says VR were working on a song called SNAFU with Izzy. Where does that song appear?

SIDM = Slash / Izzy / Duff / Matt  Smiley

Snafu is on the album Like A Dog, it's one of the most bad-assed tracks on the album, short but powerfull. Snafu is about the drug days of GN'R probably and stands for Situation Normal, All Fucked Up. You should get the album, it's awesome Cool

SNAFU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDIHm9VQzSo

The Like A Dog album tracklist:

01 Bomb http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgMNYjQ0oOI
02 Hammerhead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_qdodKKQdQ
03 Snafu http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDIHm9VQzSo
04 Hell Song
05 Rollin On
06 Just Don't Know http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqa6uLkwfr8
07 Chop Away
08 Win U Loose
09 On The Run http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiFnHlXpfsQ
10 Like A Dog
*hidden track Mental Instruments

And here the titletrack of his latest album, might wanna check that one out aswell  Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NARo6rdGqk&feature=related

And here one of the best of Fire, the acoustic album http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHssbZMUAFc&feature=related
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 12:31:43 PM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: