Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 08:31:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227830 Posts in 43250 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  steven adler arrested for possession of narcotics
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: steven adler arrested for possession of narcotics  (Read 42689 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2008, 06:00:14 AM »

I dont give a shit how fucked up adler is now.

Thats where u go wrong Jim Bob

U try to justify all your old GNR hate by saying "what have they done lately?"

Who gives a shit. their legacy will forever be cemented regardless if they ever play again

Question

Has Brain ever come up with a more famous drum beat than the beat in Paradice City or You Could be mine? I THINK NOT!

Jim Bob, u are someone who could really use a GNR lesson. U need to go back and listen to the Cd's and pay attention to everything goin on that isnt Axl.  Leave your biased hater shit at the door and u might just learn something about how important and how great these guys contributions are.

Rocket Queen drumming, Brownstone, That breakdown in WTTJ.  Superb amazing drumming.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2008, 06:27:22 AM »

i don't need a GnR lesson, i know the history.

the world does not end at GnR.   Check out Praxis, Primus, some of the other stuff Brain has done.  IMO its far superior to anything Adler ever did.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2008, 07:16:44 AM »

Jim Bob

seriously, you lost all credibility u will ever have on this forum when u called Slash "overrated" and just a run of the mill guitar player.

I feel my stress level rise everytime i read what u write, so its like I dont even want to argue cause all i end up is getting pissed off over some dude I dont even know spewing a bunch of horse shit.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2008, 09:09:58 AM »

Adler is still my favorite GNR drummer of all time.

well you clearly haven't seen the fuckin band live then.     smoking
go see Brain play drums and try telling me all that again with a straight face.
i don't need a GnR lesson, i know the history.

the world does not end at GnR.   Check out Praxis, Primus, some of the other stuff Brain has done.  IMO its far superior to anything Adler ever did.

First, just want to say that I'm sorry to hear about Adler's arrest  - very sad situation, indeed.   He's, obviously, a very troubled man.   

Now - on to other things -

Rim Job,  I've noticed that every time someone says that they think Slash is the greatest or Adler was and could have been, you seem to get all offended, and start pointing out how much better Brain, Buckethead, Finck, etc is.  I just want to say that it's ok if people like drummers or guitarists who aren't part of the current/more recent GnR line up.   Really.  It is.

Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2008, 09:25:09 AM »

How did this thread even deteriorate this way?

As in who is a more talented drummer?

But this is what I was saying on the previous pages, Steven COULD have had it all and instead he chose to throw it all away.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2008, 09:31:19 AM »

Adler is still my favorite GNR drummer of all time. I think he was once a bad ass drummer and could have been one of the greats

this is a lesson to all young people that drugs get u nowhere.

I think the Celebrity Rehab show will do him some good. Hell it couldnt hurt.

He already did the Celebrity rehab show. Obviously it didnt work for him....
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2008, 10:39:06 AM »

Which is why he has his *second* rehab show lined up already.   I doubt he's doing it for the exposure (sarcasm).
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2008, 11:19:29 AM »

Jim Bob

seriously, you lost all credibility u will ever have on this forum when u called Slash "overrated" and just a run of the mill guitar player.

I feel my stress level rise everytime i read what u write, so its like I dont even want to argue cause all i end up is getting pissed off over some dude I dont even know spewing a bunch of horse shit.

get used to the fact that not everyone will share your opinions.   you take it too fucking seriously if you are getting mad  rofl
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #48 on: July 19, 2008, 11:24:40 AM »

I think the Celebrity Rehab show will do him some good. Hell it couldnt hurt.

it will gave him more money, everytime he gets money he seems to blows it on drugs.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »

Adler is still my favorite GNR drummer of all time.

well you clearly haven't seen the fuckin band live then.     smoking

That makes no sense, GNR is not fuckin Dream Theater.Since when was GNR all about technical wizardry? No GNR drummer has the feel that Adler does.

Get better Steve! You have tons of fans and friends who wish the best for you.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2008, 12:02:53 PM »

I really don't think we have to insult past members to have a love for the current band, ahem, jimbob?

Steven is a mess and maybe I am a cynic when I say he will probably never clean up but that doesn't mean I don't wish it to be so.

I have seen this band live at least once in virtually every incarnation they have had except for the Tracii Gunns era.  Everyone has a right to an opinion but I think some on this board tend to get their opinions confused with facts.

This isn't Dream Theater or Rush, this is GNR and they play Rock N Roll and they play it well, always have, always will.

peace
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2008, 12:12:08 PM »

I'm not an expert on addiction, but when you say you're sober and stopped using drugs, is it a good idea to still be smoking pot?

From interviews with Steven it seems like he's often saying he's not using drugs yet he's happy to talk about smoking pot.

I remember one where he was talking about going to Amsterdam to take part in the Cannabis Cup or something.

Obviously the rehab visits haven't worked.  Sad

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Bandita
Legend

unbanned

« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2008, 12:14:13 PM »

Some people don't consider pot a "real" drug I guess since in some places it is used for medical reasons.

To me it's sort of like saying you quit drinking Vodka but you still drink beer. 

Doesn't make much sense really.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2008, 12:17:31 PM »

18-Jul-08

Eddie Trunk on Steven Adler's Drug Arrest

Sad the hear the news that Steven Adler has once again had a run in with the law and illegal substances. I've had Steve on the radio show in the past and interviewed him each of the last two years at Rocklahoma. Seems like every time I speak to him he's coming out of yet another rehab stint, which obviously means what he's doing is not working. That was kind of the theme of this interview I just did with him at Rocklahoma which is about a week old! I truly hope this guy once and for all gets the help he needs. Not sure how long he can possibly continue without it and on this path. Get well soon Steven, for good, we are all rooting for you!

ET

Watch the EXCLUSIVE Video of Eddie and Steven Adler from last week's Rocklahoma Event

http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/view/cd/NAA/cdid/402695/pid/401816

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2008, 12:24:48 PM »

Some people don't consider pot a "real" drug I guess since in some places it is used for medical reasons.

I think if he's had a stroke or two it helps to ease muscle spasms BUT  there are other and more healthy means of pain relief. Massage, hot baths....get those natural endorphins happening!  ok

« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:31:06 PM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2008, 12:40:42 PM »

To me it's sort of like saying you quit drinking Vodka but you still drink beer. 

Doesn't make much sense really.

Heroin is used for medical reasons. It's not about that.

Pot doesn't kill. It doesn't make you fly off the bat. All it really does is make you lazy, and that's not really a problem for a guy living on royalties.

People don't get clean, they just rid one or two of the worst addictions. You'll still be eating burgers, smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee if you get 'clean'. It's just stuff to keep you sane when you most of all want to go back to the smack. Replacements.

If you got a problem with alcohol you quit consuming it. Beer is still alcohol. Pot is not heroin.

In his case I wouldn't recommend it of course. The psychological connotations are too big. But substituting a hard drug for something more mellow is not necessarily a bad thing. Worked for me.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »

Heroin is used for medical reasons. It's not about that.

In his case I wouldn't recommend it of course. The psychological connotations are too big. But substituting a hard drug for something more mellow is not necessarily a bad thing. Worked for me.

Are you talking about when heroine is administered in a hospital for pain (or cancer) and motor vehicle injuries? Isn't it called morphine then?

Also, why are heroin addicts given morphine? Is that because it's a more controlled substance. By that I mean purer than say being forced to roam the streets looking for a hit?

Is that the reason why?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 02:56:23 AM by Rapunzel » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #57 on: July 19, 2008, 03:08:27 PM »

I really don't think we have to insult past members to have a love for the current band, ahem, jimbob?

really I just lke upsetting D Smiley   I dont really care about most of the past members one way or the other.   

and that works both ways.    people like D insult GnR members to show his love for former members.    i actually hope Steven gets better.

I'm not an expert on addiction, but when you say you're sober and stopped using drugs, is it a good idea to still be smoking pot?

From interviews with Steven it seems like he's often saying he's not using drugs yet he's happy to talk about smoking pot.

I remember one where he was talking about going to Amsterdam to take part in the Cannabis Cup or something.

Obviously the rehab visits haven't worked.  Sad

/jarmo

if pot is all he was doing, there wouldn't be much to worry about other than some laziness and munchies.   i'll smoke it but would never touch harder drugs.
Rapunzel
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #58 on: July 19, 2008, 03:37:19 PM »

really I just lke upsetting D Smiley   I dont really care about most of the past members one way or the other.   

confused

Ahem, Jim Bob you do know that this is a Guns N' Farkn' Roses Board, don't you?!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 03:45:20 PM by Rapunzel » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #59 on: July 19, 2008, 04:02:11 PM »

confused

Ahem, Jim Bob you do know that this is a Guns N' Farkn' Roses Board, don't you?!!

yup, and Guns N' Roses = Axl, Dizzy, Robin, Richard, Ron, Tommy, Brain/Frank, and Chris  Smiley     the band i'm interested in and care about.   I also like to follow what Izzy and Buckethead are doing, hence my reason for being in the ex-members section.   and i do wish steven well.

spare me the rant you are about to go on about the past
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 04:09:21 PM by Rim Job » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: