Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:38:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227779 Posts in 43246 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  steven adler arrested for possession of narcotics
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: steven adler arrested for possession of narcotics  (Read 42619 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2008, 06:44:59 PM »

From X17online

Former Guns N' Roses drummer (and Celebrity Rehab "star") Steven Adler and his lawyer Barry Sands were at a hearing in Los Angeles yesterday, regarding Steven's recent drug related arrest.

Prior to the hearing, Steven told X17 cameras he was nervous, but looking to move on and sober up. He added that he had relapsed after 37 days, but that he's been sober for 7 days now. Baby steps, right? After the hearing was over, the aging rocker's attorney said that the court date was moved to August 20, and his client hasn't been charged with a crime. Let's hope he stays clean!

Photos and video: http://x17online.com/celebrities/steven_adler/guns_n_rehab-07262008.php
« Last Edit: July 26, 2008, 08:31:16 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2008, 10:52:56 PM »

Adler....what a waste of fucking life..thats right keep defending him every time I rip him and i will continue to be proven right....give me Sorum,Brain or Ferrer any day of the week over this fucking clown...hell give me Josh Freese over this joke....

YEAH steve lets plan a multi-million dollar reunion tour around your dumb ass...and rely on you!!  keep fucking dreaming...we all know Matt Sorum would be the one to get that phone call if that ever happened...and hes a huge douche as well...but at least he is reliable...and wont throw it all away

Izzy would never go for a reunion without Steve.

Just saying.

Izzy still plays shows with GNR without Slash, Duff, or Steve....in any event...there is no need for a reunion because GNR have a full lineup ready to release "Chinese Democracy"...I was simply brining up this delusion Steve has about a reunion tour...
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2008, 06:03:46 AM »

Adler....what a waste of fucking life..thats right keep defending him every time I rip him and i will continue to be proven right....give me Sorum,Brain or Ferrer any day of the week over this fucking clown...hell give me Josh Freese over this joke....

YEAH steve lets plan a multi-million dollar reunion tour around your dumb ass...and rely on you!!  keep fucking dreaming...we all know Matt Sorum would be the one to get that phone call if that ever happened...and hes a huge douche as well...but at least he is reliable...and wont throw it all away

Just saying.

Izzy still plays shows with GNR without Slash, Duff, or Steve....in any event...there is no need for a reunion because GNR have a full lineup ready to release "Chinese Democracy"...I was simply brining up this delusion Steve has about a reunion tour...

I totally hear you dude.  I was fortunate enough to see Izzy 3 times with Axl.

But for a full blown reunion with the 5 guys, Izzy wouldn't do it with Matt.  One of the reasons he left in '91 was because Steven was gone.

If it's with Gilbert and Matty, people will write it off as a "cash grab."

The AFD lineup will never play together.

Ever.
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2008, 12:25:22 PM »

Just saying.

I totally hear you dude.  I was fortunate enough to see Izzy 3 times with Axl.

But for a full blown reunion with the 5 guys, Izzy wouldn't do it with Matt.  One of the reasons he left in '91 was because Steven was gone.

The AFD lineup will never play together.

Ever.
I agree with the "Ever" part for sure!! Definately not ever. Sad

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2008, 05:56:18 PM »

Quick question

did Steven write the You Could Be Mine drum riff or did Sorum?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2008, 06:23:47 PM »

Quick question

Some say Adler, but then I read an article in modern drummer where Sorum explains how he came up with the fill.  The intro is a rip off of Moby Dick.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »

Quick question

did Steven write the You Could Be Mine drum riff or did Bonham.?
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #87 on: July 29, 2008, 05:01:17 AM »

Quick question

Some say Adler, but then I read an article in modern drummer where Sorum explains how he came up with the fill.  The intro is a rip off of Moby Dick.

In the GN'R Greek docu there's Matt saying in front of the camera that Duff came up with the intro drum riff
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #88 on: July 29, 2008, 06:12:48 AM »

Just saying.

as long as its Axl, Slash, and Duff...nobody will be calling it a "cash grab."  that Illusion tour line-up with gilby and matt was sick...stadiums were full without Izzy and Steven...i will go as far as to say as long as its Axl and Slash in the band ...people will gladly call it a reunion tour...no matter who is on bass, drums or rhythm guitar
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2008, 06:17:12 AM »

Just saying.

as long as its Axl, Slash, and Duff...nobody will be calling it a "cash grab."  that Illusion tour line-up with gilby and matt was sick...stadiums were full without Izzy and Steven...i will go as far as to say as long as its Axl and Slash in the band ...people will gladly call it a reunion tour...no matter who is on bass, drums or rhythm guitar

Hired guns, that's all they were.

dr. light
Headliner

hola soy el piji

« Reply #90 on: July 30, 2008, 06:50:00 PM »

ajAJAJJAJAJAJAJAAJAJaJaJAJAJA yeah hired guns oooooooookkkkkkkkkkk

army of darknes is the best movie ever!!!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #91 on: July 31, 2008, 08:29:34 PM »

They weren't?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #92 on: August 01, 2008, 09:13:55 PM »

Some transcription of my earlier post...

STEVEN ADLER: 'I've Got SLASH, DUFF, IZZY And AXL Behind Me; I've Got Their Prayers' - July 28, 2008

Former GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler and his lawyer Barry Sands attended a court hearing in Los Angeles on Friday (July 25) regarding Steven's recent drug-related arrest. (See video from X17 below.)

Prior to the hearing, Steven told X17 cameras he was nervous, but looking to move on and sober up.

"I'm feeling much better," he said. "I made a recent mistake. I had a relapse after 37 days. I just wanna take care of this and move on. I'm back to seven days sober, so I wanna keep that going ? seven days, seven weeks, seven months, seven years. It's the first day of the rest of my life right now. I wanna keep the sobriety going and keep my health going. I'm just glad I've got my friends behind me. I've got Slash behind me, Duff, Izzy, Axl? [they're] all behind me. I've got their prayers."

After the hearing was over, the 43-year-old rocker's attorney said that the court date was moved to August 20, and his client hasn't been charged with a crime.

Steven added, "The bottom line is, I made a mistake, I relapsed. You've gotta pay for your mistakes, and I'm just paying for it. And whatever I have to do to take care of this to keep this in the past so I can move on to the future, I'll do it."

When asked what advice he had for young rockers who may be going through a similar ordeal while struggling to maintain a music career, Adler replied, "Have your loved ones videotape you using and then watch it when you're sober or not using and seeing how terrible you look and terrible you act, and I'm pretty sure that'll help you not wanna use anymore."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=101711

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #93 on: August 01, 2008, 09:21:05 PM »

No one is more obsessed with the AFD GnR than Steven Adler.
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2008, 01:29:27 PM »

No matter what, I wish him the best at maintaining his sobriety!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »

No matter what, I wish him the best at maintaining his sobriety!

I can't help but root for the underdog. 

I know I'm stupid for pulling for Steven, but I really hope he can stay off drugs.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2008, 02:55:00 AM »

They weren't?

no i dont think they were...Matt recorded 3 albums with GNR...Steven did 1 and a half albums...Matt Sorum REPLACED Steven Adler on drums..he was not a hired hand brought in to fill in for a while...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2008, 03:47:02 AM »

They weren't?

no i dont think they were...Matt recorded 3 albums with GNR...Steven did 1 and a half albums...Matt Sorum REPLACED Steven Adler on drums..he was not a hired hand brought in to fill in for a while...

Golly, I must have a bootleg copy of Live Era.  It said Steven was a member of Guns N' Roses, but Clarke and Sorum were merely "additional musicians."

Oh!  I have the same amount of writing credits as Sorum and Clarke.  What a world.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2008, 04:36:07 AM »

I remember I read somewhere that they were gonna let Matt play on the album at first and that would be it.

Anyways, Matt played on UYI and had to learn the songs but pretty much all the drum track arrangements were already there.. he just played on the album.

At the end of Slash's bio he said among the reasons he quit (which weren't musical direction btw) was also the fact that Steven and Izzy were gone and it just wasn't the same anymore. Even Matt said that the succes with VR was more fulfilling cause it was his first real band he started from the start cause in The Cult and VR he was just hired.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2008, 04:38:51 AM »

I remember I read somewhere that they were gonna let Matt play on the album at first and that would be it.

Anyways, Matt played on UYI and had to learn the songs but pretty much all the drum track arrangements were already there.. he just played on the album.

At the end of Slash's bio he said among the reasons he quit (which weren't musical direction btw) was also the fact that Steven and Izzy were gone and it just wasn't the same anymore. Even Matt said that the succes with VR was more fulfilling cause it was his first real band he started from the start cause in The Cult and VR he was just hired.

Quoted For Truth.

Also, the plan was to have Matt record drum parts, but to have Steven back for the UYI tour.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: