Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:53:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  steven adler arrested for possession of narcotics
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: steven adler arrested for possession of narcotics  (Read 42421 times)
slashisvr
D.T.U.D.
VIP

A Rock N' Roll bash where everybody's smashed

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2008, 06:04:55 AM »

I remember I read somewhere that they were gonna let Matt play on the album at first and that would be it.

Anyways, Matt played on UYI and had to learn the songs but pretty much all the drum track arrangements were already there.. he just played on the album.

At the end of Slash's bio he said among the reasons he quit (which weren't musical direction btw) was also the fact that Steven and Izzy were gone and it just wasn't the same anymore. Even Matt said that the succes with VR was more fulfilling cause it was his first real band he started from the start cause in The Cult and VR he was just hired.

Quoted For Truth.

Also, the plan was to have Matt record drum parts, but to have Steven back for the UYI tour.

really? never heard this before, so if adler cleaned up his act, he would have been brought back in ?

the way they FIRED steven was really, to me, sayin he's out  Cry

Hammersmith - london 7th june G N' F' R
NEC - Birmingham 25th july G N' F' R
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2008, 06:32:56 AM »

I remember I read somewhere that they were gonna let Matt play on the album at first and that would be it.

Anyways, Matt played on UYI and had to learn the songs but pretty much all the drum track arrangements were already there.. he just played on the album.

At the end of Slash's bio he said among the reasons he quit (which weren't musical direction btw) was also the fact that Steven and Izzy were gone and it just wasn't the same anymore. Even Matt said that the succes with VR was more fulfilling cause it was his first real band he started from the start cause in The Cult and VR he was just hired.

Quoted For Truth.

Also, the plan was to have Matt record drum parts, but to have Steven back for the UYI tour.

really? never heard this before, so if adler cleaned up his act, he would have been brought back in ?

yes really, i think axl or slash said that in some interview,
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2008, 06:44:53 PM »

ajAJAJJAJAJAJAJAAJAJaJaJAJAJA yeah hired guns oooooooookkkkkkkkkkk

They weren't?

no i dont think they were...Matt recorded 3 albums with GNR...Steven did 1 and a half albums...Matt Sorum REPLACED Steven Adler on drums..he was not a hired hand brought in to fill in for a while...

Golly, I must have a bootleg copy of Live Era.  It said Steven was a member of Guns N' Roses, but Clarke and Sorum were merely "additional musicians."

Oh!  I have the same amount of writing credits as Sorum and Clarke.  What a world.

ive was listening to GNR before you were born...so I dont need the history lesson...Steven Adler was FIRED...Sorum was not a hired gun to replace Adler for the time being..Adler was OUT and Sorum was in...and its funny you mention Live Era..because Matt plays drums on just about every song on that record...Matt was also a part of the making of the yet to be released "Chinese Democracy" until he had a falling out with Axl...so it appeared as though the band was going on with him in the line-up..i didnt hear of them making any calls to the local homeless shelter to see what Steven was up to...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2008, 06:46:37 PM »

Quoted For Truth.

thats definitely false...they gave Steven a settlement of around 2 million or something to cut all ties with the GNR name and future money making opportunities....
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2008, 06:59:10 PM »

thats definitely false...they gave Steven a settlement of around 2 million or something to cut all ties with the GNR name and future money making opportunities....
Wasn't the settlement the $2 mil PLUS any future royalties due him?

Good to hear that he got right back on the wagon.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »

Quoted For Truth.

yup.. that was when he really got fired, before that they tried every possible way to get him clean and originally hired matt as a studio musician then adler just couldn't get clean so he was fired for real and then the stuff you just said happened and matt was hired as a fulltime member, wich later became "former employee" in the notes of the Live Era album
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2008, 07:43:34 PM »

Quoted For Truth.

Listen old man, maybe you need to pay more attention to what actual members/former members of Guns N' Roses say.  I know you absolutely loooooooove Matt Bore 'em, but the original plan was to have Steven back so they could all tour together. 

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2008, 11:27:50 PM »

Quoted For Truth.

Listen old man, maybe you need to pay more attention to what actual members/former members of Guns N' Roses say.  I know you absolutely loooooooove Matt Bore 'em, but the original plan was to have Steven back so they could all tour together. 

haha old man.....

no seriously  I dont love Matt Sorum...i just hate Steven Adler...I have zero respect for anyone who squanders their talent and almost derails the biggest band in the world...I dont repect junkies who cant keep their shit together and let drugs run their lives...Slash was strung out for most of GNR's run during that time...and he kept his shit together enough to be able to cut the tracks and perform the shows...Matt Sorum may have had drug problems...but he never allowed it to derail his career or performance...plus he is just a better drummer...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2008, 11:29:09 PM »

i believe those royalties were song writing and musician royalties on Appetite and Lies...which is chicken shit compared to the merchandise, touring and all future business GNR were going on to....he blew it...
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #109 on: August 04, 2008, 02:00:24 PM »

i believe those royalties were song writing and musician royalties on Appetite and Lies...which is chicken shit compared to the merchandise, touring and all future business GNR were going on to....he blew it...

He's stated a few years ago (2004, 2005?) that even the AFD royalties alone he can live off, everyone in original GN'R can today live of the royalties that AFD generated, besides all the other income from other sources. Money wise Adler's not the richest of the band ofcourse but he's not doing that bad.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2008, 02:25:11 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2008/08/20/gnr-drummer-debuts-cry-nese-democracy/

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2008, 02:44:43 PM »

Oh my god - poor Stevie is crying cuz he has to stay in rehab, like he doesn't need it.  And then blaming it on the VH1 crew for having him arrested cuz he was using in the sober living house.  As usual, blaming everyone but himself.  Such a waste.   confused
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2008, 12:21:10 PM »

Whether, or not, Adler was using in treatment center is irrelevant. If he was violating the rules, he should have been booted from the facility. When they contacted law enforcement, they probably violated his patient confidentiality.

To me, this just shows that Dr. Drew is nothing more than a media whore that puts his celebrity status above the health of his patients. I hope the licencing board of Cali. investigates this quack.

And, for the judge to give him an ultimatum of returning to the place that cares so little for a patient's well being, or go to jail, is just despicable. He should have chosen jail ... at least the care would have been better.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: August 21, 2008, 03:30:26 PM »

He wasn't using in rehab, he was using in the sober living house.  And when you enter a sober living house you have to agree not to bring drugs or alcohol into/onto the premises.  Additionally, when Adler is loaded (especially on crack or speedballs) he is incredibly abusive, agressive and violent - they did the right thing.  His doctor/patient privileges were not violated in any way shape or form - and really, even if he were in rehab if he became violent the police can be called and he could have been transferred to the medical/psych ward of the jail. 

And all the boohooing over loosing the money he got paid to do the show - who's the whore here - Adler or Dr. Drew or both? 
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2008, 08:43:52 PM »

^^Both.

To answer your hypothetical ... If anyone is in a rehab, and they become abusive, chemical restraints should be the preferred option ... not the man. They are professional, and as professionals, they have an obligation to protect all patient's confidentiality. To do otherwise, invites court action.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
jak0lantern01
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2008, 11:56:36 AM »

At least Steven still has a bit of sense of humor: I got a chuckle out of the part where Steven crosses himself when mention of Chinese Democracy comes up.    Grin
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2008, 01:30:40 AM »

Sad, sad, sad.   He is.  Sigh.

"cry-nese democracy", huh?   hihi

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:36:09 AM by lynn1961 » Logged
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #117 on: August 25, 2008, 07:06:30 PM »

^^Both.

To answer your hypothetical ... If anyone is in a rehab, and they become abusive, chemical restraints should be the preferred option ... not the man. They are professional, and as professionals, they have an obligation to protect all patient's confidentiality. To do otherwise, invites court action.

I understand your point, but, sober living is not rehab and Steven was at the sober living house, not Las Encinas, the rehab facility.  You go the sober living house to live with other sober people in an effort to stay sober.  There are house leaders, but they are not doctors/nurses and do not administer drugs.  They may give drug tests that are sent off-site for testing, but that's about it.  And according to court documents Steven brought drugs into the sober living house which is a really big no-no in the sober living community.  Additionally, when asked to leave he would not and became beligerent - in an effort to maintain some sort of sanity, they called the cops.  Don't get me wrong, I think the cops are the biggest legal gang on the planet, but Steven totally had the choice of leaving the house or facing the authorities.  Unfortunately, Steven is not the sharpest tool in the shed, he should have just left. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 07:08:29 PM by pugdog1987 » Logged
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2008, 02:25:52 AM »

... when asked to leave he would not and became beligerent

Forgive my ignorance, but do you know something that the rest of us don't?

pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2008, 07:45:12 PM »

I'm sorry, I was not trying to say you were ignorant, I had been following the story and the LAPD reported the following:

"Los Angeles police spokesman Richard French told the Associated Press that the 43-year-old Adler was arrested around 4 a.m. Friday by officers called to a home where a man reportedly was creating a disturbance and refusing to leave."

It was later reported that it was the sober living house in the Hollywood Hills, I believe on Canyon, that he was at.  At his last Court appearance Steven was ordered by the Judge to return to Las Encinas for further rehab treatment rather than returning to the sober living house. 

And I know about the sober living circumstances because a vry close family member of mine transitioned through rehab to sober living and back out into the "real" world. 

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: