Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:50:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  WWE Game X: TNA Invasion
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WWE Game X: TNA Invasion  (Read 192654 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2008, 12:25:58 AM »

Im in favor as long as he Retains by a WIN, COUNT OUT or DQ, as long as he is the clear winner.

If he retains by loosing in a DQ, Count out, Double DQ, Double COUNT OUT, or anything of that nature then no  retain points.

Anymore thought about giving point to wrestlers for runs ins or Interview Shows? I know someone else suggested points for Interview shows like the Cabana or Highlight reel.

That was me!

I dont know now I think about it. I know I came up with the DQ thing....... but this game is so competitive and crowded..... Im not sure giving champions more advantages is smart. sometimes the only chance guys with no titles can compete is the DQ etc.

I personally think the game is perfect

I think if someone does a "Cutting Edge" Carlito's Cabana etc. that should get "Match" pts as wrestling is more than the actual wrestling. I think when they cut the 10 minute promos opening raw u should get match pts cause that serves like a match.

Run ins, backstage interviews shouldnt count, but those long promos in my opinion are worth a match.

I dont know about just anytime they cut a promo in ring otherwise Cena would be worth 20-30 weekly on raw being he always comes out and does a promo and fights later in the night. I just thought crap like the cabana and cutting reel, and santino's whatever, should be worth points as the wrestlers in them segments usually dont wrestle on the same night so you can get points off that. But if no one else wants points for this I am cool with that.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2008, 06:56:45 AM »

Alright, problem with promo points is scoring between, well it was a 5 minute one, actually no a 10 minute one, then what if someone comes out and joins in for the last minute, and heck, stick with D's idea, things are "Perfect", (Just wait 'til he loses, he'll change his mind hihi )

Few minor tweaks have been edited in to the rules on Page 1.

1. It's no longer even an issue to have 2 people from a brand on your team, if you like your team can be all one brand.

2. The #1 Contender rule has been changed, now points also go if you win a match that earns you a title shot, i.e. Michelle McCool previously didn't get points for winning a shot at the Diva's Title since she wasn't the #1 Contender.

3. The rule about now being allowed to withdraw bids which we had anyway is there in black and white.

....Oh and as Stevie Richards once said...."We're taking over!"

Satan In Vino

T

Saan In Vino

N

Saa In Vino

A

Sa In Vino

I

Sa N Vino

N

Sa Vino

V

Sa ino

A

Sino

S

ino

I

on

O

n

N
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:38:44 AM by Hammy » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2008, 08:21:09 AM »

How about this compromise

If your wrestler gives an in ring promo and DOESNT wrestle u get the 5 match pts

If he gives an in ring promo and wrestles later, u just get the wrestling pts

This way, your guy is rewarded with something for being a huge part of the show and not wrestling.

any wrestling match VOIDS the promo.

See what IM saying?

If Carlito does a cabana and doesnt wrestle he gets 5 for the cabana

if he does a Cabana and wrestles, the Cabana is voided and it goes to the match.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2008, 08:23:30 AM »

How about this compromise

If your wrestler gives an in ring promo and DOESNT wrestle u get the 5 match pts

If he gives an in ring promo and wrestles later, u just get the wrestling pts

This way, your guy is rewarded with something for being a huge part of the show and not wrestling.

any wrestling match VOIDS the promo.

See what IM saying?

If Carlito does a cabana and doesnt wrestle he gets 5 for the cabana

if he does a Cabana and wrestles, the Cabana is voided and it goes to the match.
Yeah but if your rewarding for promos, then picking guys who do promos and wrestle should get you rewarded to.

With the TNA Influx it'd be tricky anyway, I don't even watch TNA so for scoring I'd be skimming results as it is.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2008, 08:25:14 AM »

Oh yeah, I didnt even think of TNA.

I just still hate when your guy gives a 20 minute promo and gets zero for that and some jobber gets 5 for a 2 minute wrestling match

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2008, 09:29:54 AM »

Count me in!

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2008, 09:50:43 AM »

Yeah u are right Hammy *wow never thought id say that*

The game thanks to the new rules Jim,U and I put it last game with the way u pick up debuts and other wrestlers is perfect in my opinion.

Of course come see me in November when my ass is near the bottom and i may have other opinions. Grin

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2008, 03:43:57 PM »

TNA wow, I dont follow it enough to more then Samoa Joe and Angle, sounds exciting, everyone re-up so we can start drafting.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2008, 03:47:02 PM »

I wondered what this 'satan in vino' was all about.

TNA, I know nothing about the company. I don't even know who their world champion is. It could still be Ken Shamrock for all I know.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2008, 04:55:35 PM »

sounds exciting, everyone re-up so we can start drafting.
Well Malcolm I've seen about online, sweet616 hasn't been about for a bit, but slash666 you can contact him right?  Lawson & Rasputin neither have been about for over a month.  Now we can't wait around forever, drafting can often take longer than it should, so we are going to have to look at starting it in the next few days, Summerslam is only a few weeks off.

I wondered what this 'satan in vino' was all about.

TNA, I know nothing about the company. I don't even know who their world champion is. It could still be Ken Shamrock for all I know.
I realise not everyone will be happy but that's why it's been done as it has.

This is a one time only deal, and for the SINGLES game only.

As mentioned, you can only pick up one TNA star and you cannot drop them at all.

Once the game is underway TNA stars will not be available to be picked, they are only up for grabs in the initial draft.

This means, for you non-watchers (myself included), all you need to do is go to a website line onlineworldofwrestling.com and check the TNA results for the past few months, go to the official site, read up, so you have a vibe of what's happening.

This is after all the tenth game so it's only right to do somethin' special and different.

And with these rules, you don't need to be watching TNA during the game to see who's worth picking up.  I think it's a fair compromise.

Question for TNAers, Is there just one version of Xplosion?  Are the results easy to find each week, I don't think I have EVER seen it.

Also I just thought about our DQ/Retain/Win points rule, don't TNA have title changes on DQs?

*Coming Soon The History of the WWE Game I-IX*
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »

Sweet616 is in, his net is off for the time being but I will phone him when its his pick and let Hammy know who he's chosen

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2008, 05:32:56 PM »

Im sure the Xplosion results will be on their homepage.

NAH, they dont change titles on DQ's. there was a gimmick match where title would change hands on a DQ but I dont think its ever actually changed.

Sober_times
VIP

The Proud Winner of a Wooden Spoon.

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2008, 06:46:46 PM »

Fuck I don't watch TNA anymore. I guess I'll be reading up on it a little.

So what's the deal with retain points for DQ/Countout?? I still think its unfair to give full retain points for win by dq/countout. Since theres no way for a challenger to get a championship off a DQ/countout win.  smoking

CM Punk is the Best in the World!

I dig crazy chicks like AJ!

HBK is the greatest wrestler of all time!

I miss Edge!

Thats it, thats all I have to say.

P.S. Cena Sucks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2008, 06:55:07 PM »

I think we scrapped that right Hammy?

Same scoring as always?

I wouldnt mind penalizing a champ that loses the title a little more but other than that.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2008, 06:59:35 PM »

Yeah I just started watching TNA again last week, looks like their Knockouts division has taken a turn for the worst.

Yeah that proposed rule change was ditched.

Match I'm referring to is when Abyss won the belt off Sting.

Genesis 2006.

Abyss (w/James Mitchell) defeated Sting by disqualification to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship (15:30)
Sting was disqualified after clotheslining referee Rudy Charles.
Sting lost the title because of TNA's rules that a title can change hands on a disqualification
« Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 07:01:23 PM by Hammy » Logged
slash666
On The Edge Of Seventeen
Legend

The REAL Champ Is Here!

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2008, 07:05:34 PM »

^ about that, via Wiki:
The organization also employed the unconventional rule that a championship can change hands as the result of a disqualification or countout. This rule has since been slowly phased out.

The Squared Circle

Join The Revolution!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2008, 07:13:31 PM »

Im in

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2008, 09:55:08 PM »

U can do it the same way though Hammy as regular DQ's

if a TNA wrestler won a title like that, they'd get 12 and NO title win pts.

Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2008, 06:55:55 AM »

Fuck all these rule changes. Promo points? are you kidding me!

Thats the game... don't pick people who won't wrestler. What about general managers they'll be the biggest scorers. Can you imagine Edge and Vickie they would be worth like a million points each. Its too much swing towards the top 8 wrestlers in the company.

I'm not even sure that i like the withdrawal of bids rule. it just means that people will bid and bid to make someone waste their money and even worse keep bidding to strech it out.

The only thing i'd like changed is defence points.... currently you dont get defence points for DQ/Countout.... well i think you should. Maybe not as many but you should be rewarded for picking the champion whether he is a fighter or a coward.

The TNA thing is awesome and for me is enough of an X factor.

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2008, 10:51:40 AM »

The only thing i'd like changed is defence points.... currently you dont get defence points for DQ/Countout.... well i think you should. Maybe not as many but you should be rewarded for picking the champion whether he is a fighter or a coward.
Yeah but NOT being able to withdraw bids mean you should think before you bid, you can play bidding chicken over someone and it can backfire if nobody outbids you.  If you could withdraw bids then bidding could be dragged on forever, maybe you misunderstood the rule?

Maybe there could be a 5 point "Any means necessary" reward for champions who retain via DQ/Countout, I don't know, just throwing that idea out there, not keen on major changes because I think we have got to a point where things are solid, and rather than evolving rules, more a case of changing concepts.  We have TNA this time, for One Time Only, if it was/is successful then it could become an annual thing for the Late August-Dec game.

Oh and something else to throw out there (influenced by something Jim said - Yes I'll blame him 'cos I can sense the reaction to these 2 dreaded words...)

Brand Split?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: