Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:07:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Superman film franchise Rebooted
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Superman film franchise Rebooted  (Read 7205 times)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2008, 07:05:41 AM »

going "darker" with superman would be RETARDED. 
Think that thru again

Here we have a series of films about psychotics trying to rule/destroy the world

This isnt some romantic comedy - by definition it should be dark and threatening - what kind of villian tries to kill people in a kid friendly way?Huh

Kids don't need sugar coated films - they can handle considerably more mature material.

The new Harry Potter films are ridiculously dark, kids loved em, parents dont seem bothered

Star Wars had guys having their limbs hacked off in pubs - are parents or kids bothered?

Make the new Superman film for adults - providing it doesnt have guys injecting heroin into their eyes its not going to be an issue for parents or children

Quick! To the bandwagon!
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 07:43:34 AM »

I thought the special effects in Superman Returns were fucking awesome.

That part where he saves the plane was some of the best use of special effects I've seen in a while, and overall I didn't think the movie was that bad. It just ended in a way that a sequel would be odd, I mean with Superman and his super kid, would they fly around as a "super duo"?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 10:16:29 AM »

going "darker" with superman would be RETARDED. 
Think that thru again

Here we have a series of films about psychotics trying to rule/destroy the world

This isnt some romantic comedy - by definition it should be dark and threatening - what kind of villian tries to kill people in a kid friendly way?Huh

Kids don't need sugar coated films - they can handle considerably more mature material.

The new Harry Potter films are ridiculously dark, kids loved em, parents dont seem bothered

Star Wars had guys having their limbs hacked off in pubs - are parents or kids bothered?

Make the new Superman film for adults - providing it doesnt have guys injecting heroin into their eyes its not going to be an issue for parents or children

not saying it can't be semi-violent or raise serious thought provocative issues, but it shouldn't be dark and dreary and depressing.  metropolis is a much different city than Gotham.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 10:53:48 AM »

That part where he saves the plane was some of the best use of special effects I've seen in a while, and overall I didn't think the movie was that bad. It just ended in a way that a sequel would be odd, I mean with Superman and his super kid, would they fly around as a "super duo"?

Yes, that scene was freaking spectacular!  Loved it. 
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 02:34:54 AM »

Yes, that scene was freaking spectacular!  Loved it. 

well he can't fly yet in smallville either, now can he?  hihi

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 03:06:13 AM »

Maybe they can introduce Super Girl with this reboot.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
GeraldFord
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 09:17:12 AM »

There?s no mention whether Superman Returns director Bryan Singer will be part of the reboot. Earlier this week, Variety?s Anne Thompson reported ?that it is a priority at the studio to find the right direction and if Bryan Singer is willing to do that, fine, but if he gets in the way, he may not stay on the project.?

No no and no.

And please dump that emo fag from the last movie and go with a good actor (and someone who's over 30).
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: