Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:06:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Fantasy Football
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Fantasy Football  (Read 59903 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« on: August 16, 2008, 02:06:24 PM »

So we don't clog up the NFL thread. 

We've got 12 teams right now.  Good number.  I think we're split half and half between this board and GNRevolution. 
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 02:14:22 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 04:56:50 PM »

we will bitch smack those dudes. ok hihi hihi hihi hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 05:57:52 PM »

we will bitch smack those dudes. ok hihi hihi hihi hihi
Battle of the boards.  Represent!  I was gonna split us into 2 divisions but I'm not seeing that as an option.  I've also been getting e-mails from people that wanted to join but couldn't get it.  I changed the password, that's the reason.  It's now china.  Feel free to join.  We've got a solid # of 12 right now but I set the limit at 16 so there are 4 spots open.

League ID#: 268144
League Name: Shackler's Revenge
Password: china
Custom League URL: http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/shacklersrevenge
Draft Type: Live Draft 
Draft Time: Wed Aug 27 9:45pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ] 
Max Teams: 16
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head 
Start Scoring on: Week 1 
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports 
Max Moves: No maximum 
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum 
Max Trades: No maximum 
Trade Reject Time: 2 
Trade End Date: November 14, 2008 
Trade Review: League Votes 
Waiver Time: 2 days 
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules 
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (8 teams) 
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN 
Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point; 2 points at 300 yards; 4 points at 350 yards; 6 points at 400 yards)
Passing Touchdowns (4)
Interceptions (-1)
Rushing Yards (10 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 4 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards)
Rushing Touchdowns (6)
Reception Yards (10 yards per point; 2 points at 100 yards; 4 points at 150 yards; 6 points at 200 yards)
Reception Touchdowns (6)
Return Touchdowns (6)
2-Point Conversions (2)
Fumbles Lost (-2)
Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)
Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)
Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)
Field Goals 30-39 Yards (4)
Field Goals 40-49 Yards (5)
Field Goals 50+ Yards (6)
Field Goals Missed 0-19 Yards (-2)
Field Goals Missed 20-29 Yards (-1)
Point After Attempt Made (1)
Point After Attempt Missed (-2)
Sack (1)
Interception (2)
Fumble Recovery (2)
Touchdown (6)
Safety (2)
Block Kick (2)
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)
Points Allowed 0 points (10)
Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)
Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)
Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)
Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
Points Allowed 35+ points (-4) 
Fractional Points: Yes 
Negative Points: Yes 

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 05:59:58 PM »

Thats a really good looking scoring system also. I hate leagues that are RB dominated etc.  With this one, it seems pretty even across the board.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 10:10:32 AM »

for our league, can i start drafting live (say for the first 7 rounds) and then switch to auto-draft?

i'm hoping to be able to complete the draft, but i need to be up at 5-6am thursday morning. and with the late start time, i may have to bail depending on how fast things move along.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 11:54:44 AM »

Yeah you can draft live and once you leave the room, it will autodraft for you.  You may want to pre-rank your players so you don't end up with 3 defenses or something crazy, as once your starting positions are filled it'll draft the highest rated player no matter the position.  Sorry for the late draft time. Someone else had something going on earlier in the evening.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 12:31:01 PM »

Yeah you can draft live and once you leave the room, it will autodraft for you.  You may want to pre-rank your players so you don't end up with 3 defenses or something crazy, as once your starting positions are filled it'll draft the highest rated player no matter the position.  Sorry for the late draft time. Someone else had something going on earlier in the evening.

perfect, thanks.  ok

will do on the player rankings.

if i remember correctly, our draft last year went quite fast.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 05:36:15 PM »

Defending my title will be a joy.  Smiley
Will the draft order be randomly generated at the start of the draft?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 06:50:30 PM »

Perhaps I'm still bitter about finishing the regular season with only two losses and the number one seed, yet then losing my first game of the playoffs thanks to Tom Brady's un-Brady like performance, but I believe we have too many teams making the playoffs under our current settings. I think regular season performance should be rewarded, yet 3/4ths of the league will make the playoffs (8 of the 12 teams). That will include teams with losing records probably.

Four playoff teams would make things extremely competitive and heated, but six playoff teams would work as well. That way, half the league still gets to compete, and the top two seeds get a first round bye. What do you guys think? I know you're probably scared to lower the number, because you doubt your chances to make the playoffs when competing against such an extraordinary player as myself  (hihi), but 8 of 12 teams is just too many.

Plus how cool would it be if the six playoff teams were all HTGTH members instead of those other losers??
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 06:53:42 PM by gilee7 » Logged

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 07:07:45 PM »

8, 6, 2...doesn't matter!  Jessica Alba knows how to finish on top! 

Faldor may not have checked in yet...do we know our draft position yet?  Just curious.   Smiley

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
sandman
Legend

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 07:39:24 PM »

i'd vote for 6 with the top 2 teams getting byes.

i understand 8 cause it keeps more people interested for most of the season. and since it's a free league, that may be the most important part.

anyone have their other drafts yet? i had mine sunday. way too early, but we ran into some problems with people's schedules.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 07:46:03 PM »

I've had 2 so far

In one I have

Carson Palmer
Calvin Johnson
Chris Chambers
Chad Johnson
Adrian Peterson Minnesota version
Brandon Jacobs
Alge Crumpler
Earnest Graham
Robbie Gould
Dallas

Bench I got
Bret Favre
Ricky Williams
Ray Rice
Sidney Rice

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 11:19:40 PM »

Draft order will be randomly selected 30 or so minutes beforehand.  I hear you about the 6 teams vs. 8 teams to make the playoffs.  It's a valid point.  Originally I set the league max for teams at 16, so I wanted the 8 teams for that, but then I reduced it to 14, and then 12.  Like sandman said, the more playoff spots you have the more likely it is for teams to stay interested.  There'll no doubt be a few teams that fall by the wayside and stop managing their teams somewhere along the line, those teams most likely won't make the playoffs.  I ran into the same problem in a money league last year.  I finished second and was bounced in the first round, along with the first place finisher.  So the top 2 teams didn't even get by the first round.  But that was for money, this is just for fun.  So you're right in a sense, 6 teams would be ideal, I just think it may be more important to keep people's interest as long as possible.

However, we may have a problem.  As of right now (11:19pm) somebody dropped out of the league so we now have an odd number of teams (11).  We can't draft with an odd number, yahoo doesn't allow such nonsense.  Not sure who it is, but if I can't get them back we need one more or else we don't draft tomorrow night.

Okay, I changed it back to six.  I figure if we have people dropping out the night before the draft, that's not a good sign so we'll knock it down.  I think whoever dropped out must be from gnrevolution.  I think it was 6 and 6, and the six originals from here appear to still be there.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 11:32:02 PM by faldor » Logged

sandman
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2008, 08:31:13 AM »

in my money league, we have 10 owners, and 6 make the playoffs. last year, the 6th place team won the SB and he finished with a 6-7 record.

also, the team that was in 7th place had the MOST total points for the season.

some things about fantasy football are really frustrating. as a result, this year we added a second game each week. the top 5 teams each week get a W, and the bottom 5 get a L. we've voted on doing this every year. i'm not a fan of it, but i finally went along with it this year.

sandman
Legend

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2008, 08:40:08 AM »

I've had 2 so far

In one I have

Carson Palmer
Calvin Johnson
Chris Chambers
Chad Johnson
Adrian Peterson Minnesota version
Brandon Jacobs
Alge Crumpler
Earnest Graham
Robbie Gould
Dallas

Bench I got
Bret Favre
Ricky Williams
Ray Rice
Sidney Rice

looks good. if palmer and chad have big years, your team should be one of the elite.

i had mine on sunday. 10 team league, 9 starters - QB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K, D and 2 FLEX (RB,WR, or TE). i had the 6th pick overall. here's my roster...

QB - Roethilisberger (6); Favre (11)
RB - Gore (1); Grant (2); MJD (3); Kevin Smith (Cool; A. Green (10); Dunn (12)
WR - Hoosh (4); Roy Williams (5); Bowe (7); Roddy White (9); Curtis (16) 
TE - Scheffler (13)
K - Kaiding (14)
D - Eagles (15)

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2008, 09:24:41 AM »

Once again, we've still only got 11 teams in the league.  If we don't get/lose another we can't draft with an odd number of teams.  I've got a friend who said he would join if need be, but he's not a GNR fan per se.  We'll see if anyone signs up during the day, but if not I'll give the spot to him.  I'd rather that than not draft at all.  The countdown is on.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 05:21:56 PM »

Once again, we've still only got 11 teams in the league.  If we don't get/lose another we can't draft with an odd number of teams.  I've got a friend who said he would join if need be, but he's not a GNR fan per se.  We'll see if anyone signs up during the day, but if not I'll give the spot to him.  I'd rather that than not draft at all.  The countdown is on.

I may be able to get somebody in...

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 06:50:52 PM »

in my money league, we have 10 owners, and 6 make the playoffs. last year, the 6th place team won the SB and he finished with a 6-7 record.

also, the team that was in 7th place had the MOST total points for the season.

some things about fantasy football are really frustrating. as a result, this year we added a second game each week. the top 5 teams each week get a W, and the bottom 5 get a L. we've voted on doing this every year. i'm not a fan of it, but i finally went along with it this year.

Hey

U know what though, how many times in any sport does the team with the best record win the SB? look at NE. So really, thats the beauty with anything.

My friend plays a money league and they dont even use a playoff. They just play 17 weeks and whoever leads wins.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 06:53:00 PM »

Thats a very nice team u drafted Sandman. Maurice Jones Drew as your 3rd back! that is a steal. Kevin Smith is gonna be a dark horse also, He may be the Ryan Grant of this year's fantasy football.

In that draft I posted, I had the third pick. A guy took Stephen Jackson over Peterson.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 07:10:26 PM »

I've been looking forward to this, so I hope we definitely have the draft tonight. We only have one more week before the regular season starts anyway, so we're running out of time. I'd hate for us to have to reschedule it again.

I've participated in several drafts already this year. I'm addicted to fantasy football so I usually end up playing in about 8 different leagues, although each one is different. 10-team leagues, 12 teams, 14, 16; a couple start 2 QBs each week; one is an IDP league; one's a PPR league. I like variety.

In pretty much every draft I've been a part of so far I've been drafting near the end of the first round, which isn't so bad if there's just 10 teams, because I end up with two solid RBs like Portis and Lynch; but drafting at the end of a 14 team or 16 team league sucks balls. By that time all the first-round quality RBs are gone, and it's too early to go for Jamal Lewis or Michael Turner or any of those guys, so I'm forced to pull the trigger on one of the elite WRs, and I end up with a poor group of RBs.

There are certain players I tend to end up with in most of my leagues. I have Drew Brees on several teams, which I'm happy about. I'm usually able to get Thomas Jones in the 4th or 5th round, which I always feel good about, because I think he'll have a good year this season with defenses focusing on Favre and the passing game. For some reason I tend to end up with Roddy White and Dwayne Bowe, too. They're very talented, but I wish they had someone better to throw them the ball. TE is exceptionally deep this year, so I've been waiting on those guys until later in the draft, and still I'm able to get an Owen Daniels or a Tony Scheffler.

I'm surprised people are still taking Laurence Maroney so high. He tends to be picked near the end of the 2nd round or in the 3rd, which I don't understand. I had the guy last year, and I vowed to never pick him again. Bellichek forgets he even has a running game, and if he does decide to run it, he's just as happy giving the ball to Kevin Faulk or one of the backups as he is Maroney. Plus they picked up LaMont Jordan this year, who will probably be the goal-line back. People who draft Maroney expecting him to be an every week starter are destined for a long fantasy football season.

Here Today . . .
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: