Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:19:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227806 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2008 Fantasy Football
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2008 Fantasy Football  (Read 60285 times)
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #220 on: December 15, 2008, 08:22:10 PM »

Yeah V-Jax had a pretty decent day himself, but not as good as Randy.  I went again BOTH of them this week, but was able to hold off my opponent and advance to the finals (as long as there's no freak scoring changes by tomorrow).  I made a similar mistake with my defense in that same league this week.  I picked up Indy as they were playing the Lions.  I figured that was a fantastic matchup and would reap the benefits.  Well, that didn't work.  They only managed 4 points, while I had both the Jets (17 pts.) and Dallas (19 pts.) on my bench.  Sometimes playing the "matchup" doesn't work out, and it's better to just go with the better defense.  Also didn't help that Bob Sanders didn't play.  That Indy D just isn't anywhere near the same without him.

^True!  Isn't it crazy what 1 player can do?  Sanders in Indy.  Merriman in SD.  Just watch what happens to the Titans D without Haynesworth (and Vandenbosch too) the next 2 weeks. 

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #221 on: December 16, 2008, 03:06:17 AM »

I hate fantasy football . . .

I think I lost this week in pretty much every league I made the playoffs. And what's frustrating is that I did so good during the regular season, ended up as either the number one or two seed, only to frickin' lose in the semi-finals. Playing for third place just isn't the same . . .

This was by far the worst week I've had in fantasy football all season, and what a time to have it. I was hoping Westbrook could bail me out in a couple of them tonight, but all the TDs went to McNabb.

Player I hate the most right now: Matt Cassel. I got nervous since he wasn't practicing and was listed as questionable, so I benched him and his 4 TDs in favor of Eli Manning. And yet it seems like I was facing Cassel in every match-up I had this weekend.

Here Today . . .
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #222 on: December 19, 2008, 05:57:36 PM »

I'm pretty excited...a win this week would mean a trip to my league's Super Bowl.  The cool part?  The other semi-final game is being led by one Peyton Manning and Dallas Clark.  Why is that so cool?  It means that next week, I can't see Indy risking an injury by putting Peyton out there for a whole meaningless game.  The Colts will be the #5 seed win, lose or draw.  The starters may be in for a few series...then it'll look like a pre-season game...I hope.  hihi 

Now, to get to that big game, I have to win this week.  I'm sensing a barn-burner.  What do you guys think???

Rodgers           Thigpen
A. Peterson      B. Westbrook
S. Jackson        R. Grant
R. Moss            L. Fitzgerald
M. Colston        S. Smith
J. Carlson         B. Miller
S. Gostkowski  J. Feely
Bucs D              Eagles D

Hopefully the Fantasy Gods are good to me this week.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #223 on: December 19, 2008, 11:39:39 PM »

Axl4Prez, I wouldn't be too worried about the elements on Sunday for the Pats/Cardinals.  I'm not saying it won't be messy, it will be most likely, and I'll be there loving every minute of it.  But I don't think that will effect the scoring.  I still expect plenty of points to be scored.  Both teams defenses are pretty bad, so scoring shouldn't be a problem.  Moss vs. Fitzgerald could be interesting, especially if Boldin doesn't play.  HOWEVER, I'm not fully convinced Randy Moss can play in cold weather.  He had an awful game last time at home against the Steelers and it was cold and rainy in that one.  He tailed off at the end of last season when the temperatures dropped.  But again, he is Randy F'ing Moss, so I think you have to roll with him again. 

I like your teams chances at first glance.  R. Grant has a tough matchup against the Bears.  I have him in my championship game this week, not too psyched about that.  I've actually contemplated starting Sammy Morris over him.  I may give that a closer look tomorrow.  I'd stick with what you got though.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 11:41:16 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #224 on: December 20, 2008, 10:17:37 AM »

The Cards are tail-spinning into the ground right now...if they don't have Boldin I'm thinking the Pats will win big.  The Cards couldn't stop the run against the Vikings...OR the pass, and that was Tarvaris Jackson!  I guess Sammy has a td in each of the last 3 games, and is averaging 66 yards per game over that span.

What has been up with Ryan Grant, and the Packers defense this entire season?  So many folks blame Rodgers.  Don't blame Rodgers the defense has given up about 25 points per game, or that Grant was banged up earlier this season. 

One more thing...depth in fantasy football can be maddening!!!  My quarterbacks...Rodgers, Warner, and McNabb!
By the way, I did make one change in my lineup.  I'm playing Nedney over Gostkowski.  Nedney's visiting the Rams' dome.  Gostkowski might be kicking in tough weather.

Time to go check the weather forecasts.  yes

p.s. have fun at the game, I'm expecting a very solid Pats win.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #225 on: December 20, 2008, 12:36:07 PM »

You know, I think I'm making the switch from Grant to Morris.  Grant's had an inconsistent season to say the least but it's tough to sit a 1,000 yard runner.  Plus Grant IS the main back in Green Bay, while even though Morris is #1, Jordan, Faulk, and even Green-Ellis could be a factor on any given day.  BUT, Morris has run for as many yards as Grant the last 3 weeks with 2 more TD's.  And more importantly, I have Grant AND G. Jennings from the Packers playing on Monday night.  Normally I'd like the thought of having 2 guys going on MNF so you know exactly what you need to happen.  But I don't really like the Packers chances of lighting up the scoreboard @ Soldier Field.  So I'll choose the more dynamic and more consistent Packer in Greg Jennings.

So that's my line of thinking on that one.  Also, I have Kurt Warner on my team as well.  So while I'm hoping/expecting a solid Pats win as well, I'm also hoping for a 5TD performance from Warner, and a 42-35 Pats win.  How about it?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #226 on: December 20, 2008, 04:06:03 PM »

Damn, if Warner's your best bet at qb, roll with him, but Boldin's a game-time decision.  That made me hesitate...okay, that and the fact he was outplayed by both of my backup qb's Rodgers and McNabb last week.  Who's your backup qb?

I like Rodgers and Jennings even if it is in Chicago.  Green Bay will do what it can to give Rodgers a successful game.  At 5-9, it's all about saving face right now.  The Bears' 28th ranked pass defense won't hurt either.  The Bears are fairly stout against the run this season...but like you said, NE has one helluva crowded backfield.

P.S.  May I also add, JJ Arrington is a game-time decision as well.  He's a nice 3rd-down back/safety valve that AZ may miss.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:25:23 PM by Axl4Prez2004 » Logged

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #227 on: December 21, 2008, 10:19:39 PM »

Won A Championship today

league of 20 people and I took home the trophy thanks to the amazing play of Minnesota TE Schiancoe!

The guy I was against had Kurt Warner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

So i got one trophy in the case for 2008 and I advanced to the finals of my sports forums league today blowing out my competition.

the 2nd place guy got upset by a dude with a shit team, so I may be adding 2 first place trophies to my collection!

That is great cause last year I got 2nd place twice, so its about time to take home the title.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2008, 07:15:44 PM »

Thanks to my "brilliant" move of starting Nedney over Gostkowski...I'm down 11 points going into tonight's game.  I need a win to advance to our Super Bowl next week.

Who's left?  I've got Rodgers...he's got Grant.  Most projections have Rodgers at about 17...and Grant around 11 or 12.

All right Gunners, send your positive vibes my way!!!!!!!!!!!!  Go Rodgers!!!   yes

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #229 on: December 22, 2008, 07:52:16 PM »

Thanks to my "brilliant" move of starting Nedney over Gostkowski...I'm down 11 points going into tonight's game.  I need a win to advance to our Super Bowl next week.

Who's left?  I've got Rodgers...he's got Grant.  Most projections have Rodgers at about 17...and Grant around 11 or 12.

All right Gunners, send your positive vibes my way!!!!!!!!!!!!  Go Rodgers!!!   yes

3 degrees............ woo

I don't see Ryan Grant doing anything in this cold weather. making up 11 pts though will be very very tough.

U definitely made the right choice at QB though. Had u started Warner, u wouldn't even have a shot

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2008, 12:59:21 AM »

In the annual league I do with my friends, I lost in the championship game all because of DeAngelo Williams. Going into Sunday night I had a 30 point lead and I just knew I had it won, since I figured the game would be very low scoring. But no, Williams scores 4 TDs. I'd also started Kurt Warner earlier in the day, which killed me.

So no fantasy championships for me this year.

Here Today . . .
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2008, 10:49:57 AM »

Yeah Warner hurt me too this week in my championship.  Although my backup was Delhomme and he wouldn't have made up the difference.  I ended up losing by 17 points, thanks to Matt Forte's late resurgence last night.  I had actually closed the gap to 2 points at halftime with Greg Jennings until Forte exploded.  So I would've had to scour the FA market for a QB to get me 18 points, which never crossed my mind.

I swear the Cardinals were a disgrace to the NFL on Sunday.  I mean, I was at the game, and lord knows as a Patriot fan I love the fact that they killed them.  But seriously, I'm not getting TOO excited about the way they won because it seemed like the Cardinals weren't even trying.  I know the weather was bad, but Cassel had no problem throwing for 300+ yards, so that can't be an excuse.  They have just looked awful the last 2 weeks.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #232 on: December 24, 2008, 03:55:20 AM »

fuck Dangelo Williams and his four touchdowns, and fuck Forte and Olsen for getting 5 points in overtime to down my team in the championship game this year...118-114, fuck this shit!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #233 on: December 28, 2008, 06:16:24 AM »

I have my 2nd Championship game today.

I am the underdog going in expected to lose 119-115

he does however have Marshawn Lynch who may not play and he has NO backup RB. So if Lynch doesn't play I gotta great shot

My squad is:
Cassel
L.Fitzgerald
R.Williams *lets hope the Jones/TO speech means more points
Vincent Jackson
Thomas Jones
Steve Slaton
Maurice Jones Drew
Dustin Keller
Matt Bryant
Chicago

He has:
Shaun Hill
Randy Moss
Marquis Colston
Santonio Holmes
M. Lynch
M.Turner
C. Benson
Z.Miller
J. Elam
NYG

Turner is projected at over 25pts but I think Atlanta will hopefully put the game away and rest Turner 2nd half.

So far I have one first place, one fifth place, the shitty place i got in our league and I can get another first place tomorrow!

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #234 on: December 28, 2008, 12:08:57 PM »

Lynch is o u t !

Nice work D.

Jessica Alba is disappointed it couldn't repeat as HTGTH Champ, but 3rd place Regular Season and 3rd Place Playoffs aint too shabby.

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #235 on: December 28, 2008, 12:14:59 PM »

Lynch is o u t !

Nice work D.

Jessica Alba is disappointed it couldn't repeat as HTGTH Champ, but 3rd place Regular Season and 3rd Place Playoffs aint too shabby.

You were the top finisher from the HTGTH group right?  Those gnrevolution guys kicked our asses!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #236 on: December 28, 2008, 01:07:30 PM »

Yeah I apologize for my performance. Hopefully next season they will give us a rematch.

I stupidly traded away Jacobs and Lendale who both have 15 rushing TD's. that would've helped me big time cause I think I only won one game after those trades.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #237 on: December 28, 2008, 01:52:51 PM »

Lynch is o u t !

Nice work D.

You were the top finisher from the HTGTH group right?   Those gnrevolution guys kicked our asses!

Faldor, you make a great point!!!  I may not be the HTGTH League champ...but technically, I'm the #1 HTGTH Fantasy Football owner 2 years running!   Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2008, 01:38:33 PM »

My team pulled a Dallas Cowboys and forgot to show up

I got 11 pts, ELEVEN FUCKING POINTS COMBINED from Matt Cassel,Maurice Jones Drew and Thomas Jones.

Dude I played only scored 90 himself... i only could muster 71pts! hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

me vs Axl4prez fantasy

http://profiles.sports.yahoo.com/compare?myrecentleagues=199_268144&lyid1=Donnie+H&lyid2=AxlRocks&pubid1=aP2Sm7_CWTP5WtAApybX9.ppWq5mwixnh&pubid2=aoSB3WciRANGjKNtCgSsUZH2VT8hBWcDy
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 01:46:26 PM by D » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2008, 05:11:07 PM »

Ha!  D, it aint even close.  1st, I have no frigging clue beyond the htgth league what those other things were.  I'd be more than happy to post my performances in my main league in which I've been a commish for 11 years now. (we don't use yahoo as our service)  3rd, head to head D, you've come up short against Axl4Prez in the only two leagues that mattered. Wink  Good luck next season!   Grin

5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: