Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:44:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Is baldness on the rise in young people?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is baldness on the rise in young people?  (Read 36043 times)
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« on: August 28, 2008, 05:50:19 PM »

My dad was helping me move stuff back to the house I live in during the school year and mentioned this to me on the way back.

He said he was shocked at how many balding young people he saw on the campus. He also mentioned when he was in university it was considered extremely abnormal to see someone balding at that age.

Ive heard this same thing from a few people now and it has made me notice it too. what the hell is going on?

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »

it's a sign for chinese democracy! think about it what kind of people are bald? chinese monks!!

that or maybe stress
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2008, 07:50:58 PM »

Or steroid use

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 08:11:26 PM »

Or steroid use

you mean actually shooting them or the the steroids they put in foods nowadays?

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 08:41:41 PM »

Or from wearing hats everyday of your lives. My daughter bf just recently stopped wearing his cap, as he was noticably thinning at the young age of 19.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 08:48:36 PM »

Or steroid use

you mean actually shooting them or the the steroids they put in foods nowadays?
I wouldn't doubt if all those fine additives and preservatives play a small role in it also, and don't forget for some its also genetics. Then there is Howie Mandel who chooses to be bald due to his OCD lol, just kidding I love him.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 09:26:36 PM »

Or from wearing hats everyday of your lives. My daughter bf just recently stopped wearing his cap, as he was noticably thinning at the young age of 19.

the whole wearing hats thing is bs.

people wear hats BECAUSE they are balding, not the other way around

Mal Brossard
There should be a title here....
VIP

Iihan stuoramus alo vuoitte.

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 09:36:04 PM »

Fluorescent lights also cause baldness-- hence why we're seeing it in women more than we used to.

I wear a hat.  Fuck it, I'm showing signs of balding.  If it gets bad, I'll start shaving my head.  I already use the suede-head look now.

I’ll be the last to say "Don’t follow your heart," but there’s more to what it takes to be a man.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:09:01 PM »

Puh-leeease!  No, baldness is not a growing epidemic.

The fact is that society in general looks at hair-thinning and male-pattern baldness under a stronger microscope.  There are infomercials, commercials, etc. that push this shit all the time.  Rogaine, plugs, transplants, etc.

Baldness rates are the same...it's the number of folks who see it as a"problem" that has grown.   Wink

btw, I've got a pretty damn good quaff.  From what I understand, you guys can bank on your hair-line/thickness by your mom's father.  Women's thinning hair is genetically based as well.  Yes, there are things that can cause hair loss, but most of the time, if they aren't genetic, if you change your ways, it comes back.  If it's genetic, oh well.

Funny how baldness rates have risen as people in general have become more vain/image-conscious.   Smiley

Axl4Prez2004 says, "Hey kids out there...and adults.  Be proud of who you are.  When you learn to look beyond the exterior and focus on the things that are most important, honesty, self-respect, kindness, etc. it will open up a whole new world."   love

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 11:01:00 PM »

From what I understand, you guys can bank on your hair-line/thickness by your mom's father. 

thats also been proven bullshit

but i wouldnt be so sure that it is not on the rise. It would actually make sense. it is well documented fact that kids are hitting puberty younger and younger, which would logically lead to balding younger.

After hearing this it kinda freaked me out and I really did start to notice tons of kids my age (21) who are obviously balding.

I know its vain but I love my hair and I would be devastated if it started to fall out Cry

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 11:21:51 PM »

^
"it is well documented fact that kids are hitting puberty younger and younger, which would logically lead to balding younger."

Yes, that's true, but do you know why?  Most scientists will tell you it's because no nation has ever had children this obese.  The much higher % of adipose in our childrens' bodies is fucking up their endocrine systems, and this has been directly correlated with earlier onset of puberty.

****, hey at least you can admit your vanity.   Smiley  You've recognized the problem, get to work now!

Trust me, when I was in school almost 2 decades ago, teens were displaying early thinning/male pattern baldness.
Don't worry.  Look at your relatives.  If most are bald or thinning, you best hope you were adopted or your mom was hittin' it with a plumber with a full head of hair!  hihi

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 11:35:52 PM »

Baldness hiding Combovers are no longer in Vogue  hihi

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 01:58:26 AM »

I started going bald like when I was 14 or thereabouts. So I decided to get rid of the whole thing a few years back. I must say it's the best decision I've made. If you're going bald, a tonsured head is the only way. Some people go for toupees, hair implants and the like and not only do they cost a fortune to maintain, they don't look real.

Besides a shaved head is cool and the chicks love it. smoking

Fuck 'Em All.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 06:14:27 AM »

ive had long hair for years, and plan to keep it long for years....

i hope bauldness doesnt get to me too soon!

html sucks
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 06:42:19 AM »

stress of modern life doesn't help.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 11:03:40 AM »

^
"it is well documented fact that kids are hitting puberty younger and younger, which would logically lead to balding younger."

Yes, that's true, but do you know why?  Most scientists will tell you it's because no nation has ever had children this obese.  The much higher % of adipose in our childrens' bodies is fucking up their endocrine systems, and this has been directly correlated with earlier onset of puberty.

****, hey at least you can admit your vanity.   Smiley  You've recognized the problem, get to work now!

Trust me, when I was in school almost 2 decades ago, teens were displaying early thinning/male pattern baldness.
Don't worry.  Look at your relatives.  If most are bald or thinning, you best hope you were adopted or your mom was hittin' it with a plumber with a full head of hair!  hihi

That was funny lol.

Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »

Baldness hiding Combovers are no longer in Vogue  hihi
You mean like the Donald Trumps comb-over.

$$$$
VIP

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 03:03:53 PM »

ive had long hair for years, and plan to keep it long for years....

i hope bauldness doesnt get to me too soon!

same here man! Ive had long hair for the last decade, I cant imagine having short hair let alone no hair!

Going by my genetics I should be fairly safe but you never know (knock on wood!)

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 03:34:12 PM »

the whole wearing hats thing is bs.

people wear hats BECAUSE they are balding, not the other way around

Uh, no.

Your hair needs to be able to move freely, with a hat it can't.

Therefore it falls out.

Besides a shaved head is cool and the chicks love it. smoking

Uh, no it's not, and no they don't.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 03:36:59 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »

Puh-leeease!  No, baldness is not a growing epidemic.

The fact is that society in general looks at hair-thinning and male-pattern baldness under a stronger microscope.  There are infomercials, commercials, etc. that push this shit all the time.  Rogaine, plugs, transplants, etc.

Baldness rates are the same...it's the number of folks who see it as a"problem" that has grown.   Wink

btw, I've got a pretty damn good quaff.  From what I understand, you guys can bank on your hair-line/thickness by your mom's father.  Women's thinning hair is genetically based as well.  Yes, there are things that can cause hair loss, but most of the time, if they aren't genetic, if you change your ways, it comes back.  If it's genetic, oh well.

Funny how baldness rates have risen as people in general have become more vain/image-conscious.   Smiley

Axl4Prez2004 says, "Hey kids out there...and adults.  Be proud of who you are.  When you learn to look beyond the exterior and focus on the things that are most important, honesty, self-respect, kindness, etc. it will open up a whole new world."   love

I studied this in school last semester but I guess so far I've gotten lucky on the genetic train

My maternal Grandfather went bald when he was 20

My three brothers and I age 34-32 and me being 29 respectively stlll have thick heads of hair.

so how do u explain that one?

Did we just get lucky in the genetic lottery?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: