Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 04:05:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227828 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Who the fuck is Kory Clarke?
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Who the fuck is Kory Clarke?  (Read 13925 times)
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« on: September 05, 2008, 08:31:59 AM »

This guy and his band is actually calling their new album Chinese Democracy!

Can they do that?

What happened with The Offspring when they tried something like this? I know they got a letter from GN'R's lawyers, but was that all?

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/article/?id=48953
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 08:40:24 AM by erose » Logged

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 08:35:16 AM »

Don't think they can do that, The Offspring had a similar idea i seem to remember. More trouble than it's worth for them tbh.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 08:38:35 AM »

Kory Clarke is the singer of Warrior Soul. You should do yourself a favor and check them out, they were one of the better bands to come out of the 80's. They were pretty awesome as a matter of fact.

Oh and anyone who gets bent about this needs to find their sense of humor.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 08:41:57 AM »

They used to be on Geffen back in the late eighties as well.

I see the humor, tho i don't find it very funny. Quite unoriginal as a matter of fact.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2008, 08:51:00 AM »

It's cheap publicity to be sure, but I'm waiting for the inevitable meltdowns over this from our more overzealous fanatics.
The_Wretched
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2008, 08:51:28 AM »

I think everybody should've have learned thru past experiences that you don't mess with GN'R and its legal team... you're gonna lose. Axl (or his team) hasn't stepped into a courtroom where they don't get what they want.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 09:04:42 AM »

i'm pretty sure he can name his album chinese democracy
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2008, 09:04:49 AM »

Axl (or his team) hasn't stepped into a courtroom where they don't get what they want.

Are you sure?  smoking

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2008, 09:05:25 AM »

Not the first time I've heard his name mentioned, I'm pretty sure he's performed on a GN'R tribute album.
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 09:10:26 AM »

Kitty & The Kowalskis
Chinese Democracy
? 2006 Kitty & The Kowalskis (620673276023)

not the first, and certainly not the last ( fingers crossed axl)

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 09:14:00 AM »

So an album title is not protected like a band name?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
CD
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 10:48:25 AM »

Why should you be able to copyright a album name that's just silly...and why would anyone want to??
Scree
VIP

Waiting

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 11:28:27 AM »

So an album title is not protected like a band name?

Exactly, ditto for song titles too.

Life is a strange thing. Just when you think you've learnt how to use it it's gone.
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2008, 04:54:19 PM »

i think it would depend on why they are naming it the same, if it can be proven just to destroy axl then he can sue Smiley but its not an easy thing to prove.  in the case of the offspring i can vaguely remember them saying they did it just because gnr didn't which is why they lost.

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2008, 05:04:37 PM »

Warrior Sould had some great albums in the day..Also check out Kory on DIRTY RIGS 2nd album..Not as political as WS, which is a good thing.
Back in the summer of 1993 or 1994 WS performed at a County Fair..Afterwards I was BSing w/ Kory and I asked him about GN'R/Axl. He claimed to have met Axl at a party and said he was crazy..
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2008, 10:15:37 PM »

Who ever comes out with it first should be able to call their cd Chinese Democracy.  Is GN'R going to keep holding on to this title for another 15yrs? Who cares?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 10:30:23 PM »

Is GN'R going to keep holding on to this title for another 15yrs? Who cares?

Like you don't care.

You care enough to login onto a fan site to point out that you don't care.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ben9785
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2008, 10:36:38 PM »

Kory Clarke is the singer of Warrior Soul. You should do yourself a favor and check them out, they were one of the better bands to come out of the 80's. They were pretty awesome as a matter of fact.

Oh and anyone who gets bent about this needs to find their sense of humor.

Oh wow I just realized who this guy is. This guy has replaced Eric Wagner in TROUBLE. Heh.
JDA
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2008, 10:42:40 PM »

Is GN'R going to keep holding on to this title for another 15yrs? Who cares?

Like you don't care.

You care enough to login onto a fan site to point out that you don't care.

/jarmo

You're right.  Of course I care but I don't think they can just hang on to the title for ever.  Am excited for the new single but still waiting for the big dog. Waiting and waiting and waiting ........... and waiting.
ben9785
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2008, 11:19:32 PM »

I don't think its so much that they're 'hanging onto the title' - it's pretty clear by now they have a album of material pending release which they have already given the title "Chinese Democracy". Copyrighting that particular title is a different story altogether. Even so, if people are going to go off ripping album titles blatantly for attention, then why use "Chinese Democracy"? Why not call your album "Appetite for Destruction"? What difference does it make? Either way, said artist is just looking for attention since they obviously don't think their music is good enough to sell itself.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 11:26:19 PM by ben857 » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 09:44:08 PM »

Waiting and waiting and waiting ........... and waiting.

Cry

Evidently you're used to it, so there's no real reason to whine.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 09:48:16 PM »

Waiting Waiting Waiting........ your not the only one who has had to wait for the album.  Be thankful there is one coming   ok

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 11:22:30 PM »

That is suppose to be the album cover taken from their Myspace Page

Suppose to come out this October...... rofl

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 11:57:07 PM »

just some lil fuck that fronts a no name band trying to get famous by pissing off Axl just like what the Offspring did......and they are still no name peices of shit Angry

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2008, 12:08:44 AM »

Well, I hope it makes as much impact for them as it did for Kitty and the Kowalskis.

i.e., none.

And there goes the challenger...
AxlLynch
Opening Act

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 01:00:13 AM »

I dont really care what the album is called since there is no album.  Right now Chinese Democracy is kind of a joke and when the album comes out its just a name, i care a lot more about the songs.  Id rather have an album called "SDHFOHDFODB" and have an album than have an album called "chinese democracy" and have nothing, thats just my opinion though
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 07:16:59 AM »

Youtube them, they've got some awesome tunes.

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 05:35:07 PM »

just some lil fuck that fronts a no name band trying to get famous by pissing off Axl just like what the Offspring did......and they are still no name peices of shit Angry

that is your opinion, warrior soul have made some quality albums and like gn'r continue to have a fan base accross the world. The scale may be a bit different, but they were also on geffen.
People can say what they like, but warrior soul have always been a pretty outspoken band, and never shyed from  politics etc. To be honest, if its in relation to china and a genuine political view, then i say fair play to them, on the other hand if its to have people talk about them, then its working and again fair play. Who says its pissing off axl anyway? you had a chat with him in the past few days?? If so, let me know his opinion on it all.
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 06:54:18 PM »

Who cares, really?  Several bands have done this - it's a joke, not some case of the world ganging up on Axl.  Fair play to them, they can call their album what they want.  Guns N' Roses can't have any copyright over the title of an album they've never actually released.

Welcome to the ZooFarm: www.myspace.com/dannycockrach

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 08:15:28 PM »

i'm pretty sure he can name his album chinese democracy

Enough people already have

Look at the publicity it's generated.

I'd like to announce that my next release will also be called Chinese Demoracy.

(just to be clear, that's an in-context joke.  I have no intention of releasing a CD, I'm musically inept.  And if I did I wouldn't call it Chi Dem.  Not that there's anything wrong with the name).

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 11:37:17 PM »

that is your opinion, warrior soul have made some quality albums and like gn'r continue to have a fan base accross the world. The scale may be a bit different, but they were also on geffen.
People can say what they like, but warrior soul have always been a pretty outspoken band, and never shyed from  politics etc. To be honest, if its in relation to china and a genuine political view, then i say fair play to them, on the other hand if its to have people talk about them, then its working and again fair play. Who says its pissing off axl anyway? you had a chat with him in the past few days?? If so, let me know his opinion on it all.

most likely yes it is pissing him off. I mean the last time some one tried to use CHINESE DEMOCRACY as an album title didn't they (the offspring) get sued?

and i'm sorry i didn't mean to cut down warrior soul. The last thing i want to do is up set their fan base or 13 people world wide

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2008, 08:44:23 AM »

Dude, get it right up you.  Just because a band doesn't have a huge fanbase doesn't mean they can't kick ass.  Even Guns N' Roses were a wee band once.

Please check us out and leave us some feedback.  If you live near us, it'd be great to see you at a show or something.  Rock on!
ckgent
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 09:16:07 AM »

hey gargh, warrior soul are playing glasgow if you are interested. Im gonna get my copy of the album at that show.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2008, 11:18:20 PM »

Dude, get it right up you.  Just because a band doesn't have a huge fanbase doesn't mean they can't kick ass.  Even Guns N' Roses were a wee band once.

G'n'R were a wee band once yes however they were only a Wee band for a short time these guys have been Wee for 20 years. But who knows i could be wrong, maybe their next album will break the charts Roll Eyes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pine Barrens
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2008, 06:33:40 AM »

I don't care much whether there are fifty albums called Chinese Democracy, only one of them is going to be in my CD collection. However, one thing I don't understand about these people naming their albums Chinese Democracy, is why they are so willing to be unoriginal? Whenever people think of that Warrior Soul album, it will only be in the context of them having copied the title off of a GN'R album, and when the GN'R CD comes out, Warrior Soul's album will be launched into oblivion and forgotten (granted, most WS albums are anyway)...Was that worth 15 seconds of novelty attention? If I were an album releasing artist, I wouldn't want to name my collection of songs after someone elses idea. Anything for a cheap laugh and some easy exposure, I guess.
McDuff
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2008, 04:18:25 PM »

I think it's fucking funny,it's a joke,just like that band or whatever that released an album called Use Your Illusion III a while back. hihi
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2008, 04:28:22 PM »

Whenever people think of that Warrior Soul album, it will only be in the context of them having copied the title off of a GN'R album, and when the GN'R CD comes out, Warrior Soul's album will be launched into oblivion and forgotten (granted, most WS albums are anyway)...

Maybe they'll make a couple bucks off of people accidentally buying their album instead of GNR  hihi
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2008, 05:01:01 PM »

It's just capitalizing on GnR's name to drum up publicity and it's getting the job done.  We wouldn't be talking about the new Warrior Soul album if they had named it something else.  Hell most people, myself included, had no clue who the fuck they were before this.  I don't really see it as doing any damage.  Unlike a major band like Offspring, these guys calling their album Chinese Democracy doesn't even have the potential to cause any damage
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2008, 11:11:02 PM »

Whenever people think of that Warrior Soul album, it will only be in the context of them having copied the title off of a GN'R album, and when the GN'R CD comes out, Warrior Soul's album will be launched into oblivion and forgotten (granted, most WS albums are anyway)...

Maybe they'll make a couple bucks off of people accidentally buying their album instead of GNR  hihi

those are gonna be some really pissed off people when/(if) that happens hihi

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 11:19:28 PM »

Why even give the douche publicity?

Ignore it and no one will know.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 06:48:56 AM »

Let's give that "douche" publcity because he's made some kickass records.  Good grief, people, this is a JOKE.  Not like he kidnapped and raped Tommy.

GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2008, 09:57:25 PM »

Let's give that "douche" publcity because he's made some kickass records.  Good grief, people, this is a JOKE.  Not like he kidnapped and raped Tommy.

but he did kdnap and rape Axls ideas yes

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 10:24:51 PM »

That is suppose to be the album cover taken from their Myspace Page

Suppose to come out this October...... rofl

Man...that cover must've taken a LOT of time and energy to create...I applaud Kory Clarke,

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
Gargh!
Rocker

Danny Cockroach

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2008, 06:40:45 PM »

Quote from: Gargh! on September 12, 2008, 06:48:56 AM

but he did kdnap and rape Axls ideas

No, that would be if he ripped off Axl's music.  Ain't happened, ain't gonna happen.

Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2008, 10:13:51 AM »

I wish GNR would pick a different title to tell you the truth. Chinese Democracy never sat well with me for some reason, and I've grown more tired of it over time. Not that it's really a big deal. But yeah, I think it's funny some one would try to use it. When it takes 15 years to put out an album, you have to expect people pokin some fun at it.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2008, 10:21:17 AM »

I wish GNR would pick a different title to tell you the truth. Chinese Democracy never sat well with me for some reason, and I've grown more tired of it over time. Not that it's really a big deal. But yeah, I think it's funny some one would try to use it. When it takes 15 years to put out an album, you have to expect people pokin some fun at it.

GNR will have the last laugh.  The difference (between GNR calling their album Chinese Democracy and anyone else using the name) is that GNR has an awesome title track to go along with it.  ok

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2008, 10:28:43 AM »

I don't doubt for a second that GNR will have the superior "Chinese Democracy".
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 16, 2008, 07:35:11 PM »

I agree....at least the Offspring was a successful band...and I always though that the whole "chinese democracy you snooze you loose" title was pretty funny...they are a funny band like that sometimes....this band just seems like they are trying to make a buck...
RoCoKiN
VIP

I am The Shackler in the Rye with Diamonds!!

« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2008, 02:43:30 PM »

This guy should be pummeled...how dare he!   rant

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106621

'...Oh, my distorted smile...'
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2008, 02:45:43 PM »

Someone delete this and lets stop giving publicity to dumb untalented douches. ok

Rockdawg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2008, 02:46:19 PM »

Didn't Offspring try this and GNR stopped them and made them change it years ago?

Times are hard,
Thrills are cheaper.
Your arms get shorter,
While your pockets get deeper.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2008, 02:56:04 PM »

U know what I find hilarious in all this?

These fucking stupid, shit bands are too stupid to realize that calling their album that, isn't gonna sell anymore copies and all it really does it make them FUCKING LAME!

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2008, 02:58:07 PM »

some off you really need to get the sand out of your panties.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2008, 06:24:13 PM »

some off you really need to get the sand out of your panties.

What?

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #54 on: October 12, 2008, 12:25:21 PM »

what is this?? 

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=106621

confused
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #55 on: October 12, 2008, 12:28:47 PM »

just some publicity seeking asshole

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=53069.0

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
axl32rose
Rocker

Heading to 3 GNR Shows in 2010.

« Reply #56 on: October 12, 2008, 12:30:32 PM »

Can they really do that...  like fuck man thats not right...

anyways sorry if it was already posted and for getting off topic.   Jarmo, be my guest and remove my posts regarding this if needed be.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2008, 04:20:00 PM »

U know what I find hilarious in all this?

These fucking stupid, shit bands are too stupid to realize that calling their album that, isn't gonna sell anymore copies and all it really does it make them FUCKING LAME!

I disagree, while it will not help sell millions, it will bring the discussion up that

A)  A Band is ripping off GnR how dare they

B) It will bring an 80's band selling CD's on tour trying to remake it some free spotlight.

C) I am sure that there will be some angry fans someone who buy it or steal a download copy and listen to it just to rip on how they are no GnR. I am sure no one will buy it thinking tis GnR, but I am sure it wont hurt its sales any naming it that.

I have friends in local bands that travelled by state, and I remember having a discussion with one of the guys maybe 4-5 years ago about he knew I was a big GNR fan and he said he should just name his album Chinese Democracy, I think its just a joke people say that if Axl's not using it then we can.

Personally I wouldn't do it, but I can see how bands trying to make it or remake it would use it as a joke. 

So who the fuck is Kory Clarke? I would say a musician trying to get publicity.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: