Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:52:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  BUMBLEFOOT Signs With DEEP/BCD Music Group
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: BUMBLEFOOT Signs With DEEP/BCD Music Group  (Read 20046 times)
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« on: September 05, 2008, 12:46:59 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Signs With DEEP/BCD MUSIC GROUP - Sep. 5, 2008

DEEP/BCD Music Group has announced the signing of GUNS N' ROSES lead guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal. His latest CD, "Abnormal", which was released on July 1 via all digital outlets, will be made available in October. The DEEP/BCD Music Group version of the album will include an exclusive bonus track not available anywhere else.

"Abnormal", the follow-up to Thal's previous offering, "Normal", is a hard rock album flavored with a light-hearted mix of different styles and genres, with catchy hooks and blistering guitar work. It contains "17 powerful, well-delivered tracks" featuring Thal's "incredible lyrics and seriously intense skills on the guitar," according to a press release. Drawing influences from such diverse artists as the SEX PISTOLS, THE BEATLES and FRANK ZAPPA, the CD is "sure to appeal to fans of GUNS N' ROSES as well as musicians everywhere."

When asked about the new project, Thal had the following to say: "It was October last year, I was about to fly into a fucking rage, went to go crash out at the studio, and all these songs just started flying out of my head. Spent the next few months recording drums, bass, guitars, vocals, opera singers and tuba players. Some people heard it and said it reminds them of the SEX PISTOLS with a little BEATLES/QUEEN vibe to it. Didn't have a plan, just did what I felt, and in the end this is what I got."

"Abnormal" track listing:

01. Abnormal
02. Glad To Be Here
03. Objectify
04. Some Other Guy
05. Jenny B
06. Last Time
07. Simple Days
08. Conspiracy
09. Piranha
10. Guitars Still Suck
11. Green
12. Spaghetti
13. Misery
14. Redeye
15. The Day After
16. Dash

Thal made the "Abnormal" title track available for free download at www.bumblefoot.com. Three different versions of the song are downloadable in MP3 and uncompressed WAV format: album version, clean version and instrumental version. The lyric sheet is also provided.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=104137

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »

Good news for Ron, congrats.  So can I get that a my local Best Buy?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2008, 02:01:30 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Guitarist BUMBLEFOOT Signs With DEEP/BCD MUSIC GROUP - Sep. 5, 2008

DEEP/BCD Music Group has announced the signing of GUNS N' ROSES lead guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal.
CONGRATULATIONS RON!!!   beer

His latest CD, "Abnormal", which was released on July 1 via all digital outlets, will be made available in October.  The DEEP/BCD Music Group version of the album will include an exclusive bonus track not available anywhere else.
IMO, this is so unfair.  I already bought Abnormal (more than one copy) and now if I want this "exclusive bonus track" I'm gonna have to buy yet another copy??  That's fucked up!  rant

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 02:10:23 PM »

Congrats to Ron and the label. beer

So can I get that a my local Best Buy?

seems so
their my space says

"BCD Music Group distributed titles are available at retail outlets everywhere, including large chain stores like FYE, Best Buy, Circuit City, Sam Goody, Target, Wal-Mart, etc.....in addition to servicing numerous online and digital retailers."
Dark Angel
Rocker

Life is what happens in-between...

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »

Quote from: Bumblefoot
Hey all - BCD put ou the press release while I was traveling, would have responded sooner.

BCD is the distro company that will put Abnormal in retail stores in North America.   Smiley

Plastic Head will make all the albums available in Europe except for France - Multicom distro will do France.

Working on something for Australia too...    Smiley

GREEEEEEEAT!!!!!!! Smiley peace

bfoot - "Life's too damn short to be upset about what you don't have ?
enjoy what you do have"
www.bumblefoot.com
www.baldfreak.com
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »

Hey all - BCD put ou the press release while I was traveling, would have responded sooner.

BCD is the distro company that will put Abnormal in retail stores in North America.   Smiley

Plastic Head will make all the albums available in Europe except for France - Multicom distro will do France.

Working on something for Australia too...    Smiley

GREEEEEEEAT!!!!!!! Smiley peace

Australia would be awsome...
you cant buy any bumblefoot cds in stores here..

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2008, 10:56:30 PM »

is the CD any good?

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2008, 11:13:25 PM »

is the CD any good?

To answer this:

I just listened to the album ... very pleasantly surprised ? actually, more like SHOCKED how good it is.

The music part is AWESOME.  Every note on every song is clean, clear, crisp ... not one ?screech? on the entire cd.  The music part is so amazingly good that it would make an excellent instrumental cd on its own.

Ron?s singing is extraordinarily good ? nothing like I expected after hearing him on interviews.  IMO (and this is in no way a put-down, only an observation) his speaking voice is much ?darker? than his singing voice.  He matched his singing ?tone? perfectly to the ?sound? of each individual song.

His lyrics for the most part are ? ummmm ? well, he?s really good at rhyming.
Let me put it this way:  we all have our issues and we all deal with those issues in our own way.  Whatever works for each person is their own ?right? way.  It?s all good.  Some of us seek professional counseling.  Ron seems to have chosen songwriting as at least one way to deal with some of the issues.  (But maybe I?m just injecting my own issues into Ron?s lyrics in which case would make Ron the greatest lyricist of all time).

Personal Favorite Track:  Dash
IMO perfect in every way.

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2008, 12:41:42 AM »

All or most of the members have other things going on BIG TIME.

Read what you want into that. Not good.
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2008, 01:11:42 AM »

^
^

thanks beer i might have to pick this thing up

Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2008, 06:42:58 AM »

This is a distribution deal.

Bumble hasn't had his albums distributed physically and now that he does, it means that CD is not coming out?

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Why see the negativity in everything?

But what could I expect from a person who has this as his personal text "Guns N' Roses Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy & Steven."...  Roll Eyes

tonya_ytzerman
tiger
Rocker

Her Most Evilness

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2008, 08:41:27 AM »

IMO, this [the extra track] is so unfair.  I already bought Abnormal (more than one copy) and now if I want this "exclusive bonus track" I'm gonna have to buy yet another copy??  That's fucked up!  rant
Gypsy, Bumblefoot wrote on the topic in his own forum:
As for those who have the album without that bonus track, I'll take care of ya... Smiley

Smiley

[size=0]shiftless when i'm idle[/size]
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2008, 10:40:44 AM »

Does this mean free pastries, courtesy of Bumblefoot, for all those who already own the album?

Grin

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2008, 01:25:53 PM »

Does this mean free pastries, courtesy of Bumblefoot, for all those who already own the album?
From your fingers to BBF's ears!!!  FREE COOKIES would be a great bonus too!!!  yes
But it better NOT be a chili bonus!!!  rant

JUST WANT TO ADD THAT MY COMMENTS (about it being unfair/fucked-up for those of us who already bought Abnormal to not have this new bonus track), WERE IN NO WAY DIRECTED PERSONALLY AT RON and I wish him success in this and all his future endeavors.  Abnormal is a great album IMHO and I'm looking forward to this bonus track.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 01:31:42 PM by GypsySoul » Logged

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »

Bumble hasn't had his albums distributed physically and now that he does, it means that CD is not coming out?

But what could I expect from a person who has this as his personal text "Guns N' Roses Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy & Steven."...  Roll Eyes

I think hes talking more about Robin, Tommy, Richard and Dizzy being on tour which doesnt really have anything to do with this topic.

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 04:40:01 PM »

It takes a small man to attack someones personal text, instead of simply replying to a post.  Roll Eyes

We see negativity in things because there is NOTHING going on in GN'R. Get over yourself Dude!
No news, No CD, No shows = Nothing going on with Gn'R

Wanna' insult my SIG Too?
$$$$
VIP

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 04:42:20 PM »

^
isnt a brand new GNR song being released in a few days? and the album IS coming this year, I garuntee it.

CaughtMeInaComa
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 05:56:32 PM »

^
isnt a brand new GNR song being released in a few days?

Yes, Hopefully a sign of more to come!
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2008, 11:42:45 AM »

It takes a small man to attack someones personal text, instead of simply replying to a postRoll Eyes

We see negativity in things because there is NOTHING going on in GN'R. Get over yourself Dude!
No news, No CD, No shows = Nothing going on with Gn'R

Wanna' insult my SIG Too?

Since you want to talk about replying to posts, tell me what did your post have to do with this topic? This topic that is about Bumblefoot's deal with a distributor, not your negativity about GN'R...

The thing is that people like you, see something good and somehow manage to turn it into something bad.

Instead of being happy about the person that just achieved a personal goal, you're being miserable for the things you can't have. That's what a small man acts like...

I didn't attack your personal text, actually that would be quite difficult for me to do since it won't reply, unless you have some evil way to control it and make it say what you think...

I just tried to find a reason behind your behaviour and I found it in your personal text... I could be wrong but from what I read that's my opinion...

IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2008, 07:25:18 PM »

Deep breath boys...remember why you are here.  Buy each other a drink beer and lets get back to talking about the band we love.

Congrats to Ron, I am sure if Chidem drops anytime soon, it will drive sales of Abnormal up and help a whole new audience discover him.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: