Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 07:09:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227992 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash has listened to Chinese Democracy  (Read 59915 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #220 on: October 31, 2008, 02:52:40 PM »

no that isn't what I said Jarmo.

Yeah, you said:

the day Axl stops using Slash's music to promote himself and his band, the day Slash should shut up promoting himself through GNR?

Very weird comparison considering GN'R is GN'R and they play GN'R songs.

How anybody can call the old GN'R songs "Slash's music" is beyond me and speaks volumes about the stupidity of your statement.

GN'R wasn't his band. Ironic considering all the Slash fans keep telling everybody how GN'R was more than one person.....

Slash isn't in GN'R and finally decided not to comment on an album he had no part in.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #221 on: October 31, 2008, 02:58:10 PM »

WTTJ and SCOM aren't Slash's music?

I am actually tired of arguing because a new album is coming soon, Im trying to focus on that, not this same ole shit.

I am not gonna change my opinion, you aren't going to change yours.

When WTTJ is played at every sporting event, are you telling me that is GNR music and somehow Slash seems to no longer exist or play or own what he wrote?

That just doesn't make sense to me.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #222 on: October 31, 2008, 03:15:35 PM »

We've known for awhile now that Slash doesn't go into an interview with a "Questions you can't ask" list.  He gets asked a GNR question, he gives an answer. That simple.

Having said that, he probably is guilty of doing too many interviews. This is another variation of 100 different threads at this forum. I don't think we need a whole thread of debate every time the words "GNR" come out of Slash's mouth on whether he has the right to comment.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2008, 03:15:55 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES!

It was never his solo project!

We're not talking about "Blaze Of Glory" being performed by Bon Jovi here.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Olorin
« Reply #224 on: October 31, 2008, 03:26:11 PM »

Whats the point in this argument again? I've read over this thread a few times and its all over the place.
I'm still interested in the opinions of the guys who left the band, I would love to know what Izzy thinks of the more modern sounding new songs, seeing as he is very much an old school kinda rocker.
GeraldFord
« Reply #225 on: October 31, 2008, 03:27:03 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES!

It was never his solo project!

We're not talking about "Blaze Of Glory" being performed by Bon Jovi here.

/jarmo

hihi

I can see a Bon Jovi/Axl connection though...

Snake Sabo was in Bon Jovi
Snake Sabo is in Skid Row
Bach was in Skid Row
Bach sings on "Sorry," Axl is on Bach's solo album and SR toured with GN'R!
adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #226 on: October 31, 2008, 10:52:14 PM »

Yeah, you said:

the day Axl stops using Slash's music to promote himself and his band, the day Slash should shut up promoting himself through GNR?

How anybody can call the old GN'R songs "Slash's music" is beyond me and speaks volumes about the stupidity of your statement.

GN'R wasn't his band. Ironic considering all the Slash fans keep telling everybody how GN'R was more than one person.....

Slash isn't in GN'R and finally decided not to comment on an album he had no part in.

/jarmo

I don't know how you can possibly believe the things you say about Slash and his involvment with GNR from 1986-1996 or so. Why? DO you have some type of motive to bash him or bring him down for some reason. I'm all for axl and gnr as it stands today, no doubt about it. But for you to say things about how Slash wasnt about the song writting, etc for gnr is just mind boggling....Who are you trying to win over? Is axl or Beta mad at you? Seriously, I'm not trying to argue, but what you say makes zero sense, none....
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #227 on: October 31, 2008, 11:46:31 PM »

Yeah, you said:

/jarmo

I don't know how you can possibly believe the things you say about Slash and his involvment with GNR from 1986-1996 or so. Why? DO you have some type of motive to bash him or bring him down for some reason. I'm all for axl and gnr as it stands today, no doubt about it. But for you to say things about how Slash wasnt about the song writting, etc for gnr is just mind boggling....Who are you trying to win over? Is axl or Beta mad at you? Seriously, I'm not trying to argue, but what you say makes zero sense, none....

All he said was the songs aren't Slash songs, they are GnR songs.    Its quite simple.  He is not taking anything away from what happened in the old days,  D is making some boneheaded comparisons.
Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #228 on: November 01, 2008, 12:54:00 AM »

WOW!!!  you two make a great tag-team ... jealousy and stalking combo!!! 

That was a dumb comment.... anybody who owns the 2002 bootlegs knows about Axl mentioning Jarmo.  It may not've been mentioned around here recently, but everybody who's been around here since then knows about it.  And it was well referenced where I just posted it.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 01:35:03 AM by Bridge » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #229 on: November 09, 2008, 07:43:35 PM »

After this album comes out, THERE WILL BE NO REUNION...and nor should there be.  Lips Sealed

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #230 on: November 29, 2008, 09:57:09 PM »

Here's some ammo for all you Slash lovers...Real-Player 'info' bar has 3 messages about GnR when you play them, one says that the band broke up in 1996.  I guess Slash is GnR after all (according to Real)!  hihi

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #231 on: November 30, 2008, 01:15:59 PM »

How about this Jarmo

That works for me.

How about I ban you? That works for me.  Tongue

/jarmo

I remember 5 years ago around 2002-2003 when you used to at least give the pretence that you were running an unbiased Gn'R board where people could come and discuss the old and the new at the same time - sure some liked the old better than the new - some liked the new better than the old, but as far as i remember, back then it wasnt a case of being mocked and criticsed which ever side you fell on. It seems to me now Jarmo that Axl mentioning you once and giving you a credit has blinded you with star struckness and your transformation from a cool open minded webmaster, to gestapo like Axl tard who feels the need to use sly and not so veiled criticism of the old band in order to pacify Axl in the hope of him saying your name again, has been completed. Trying to deny it as im sure you will is pointless, most people who can appreciate both bands and dont look at the old and new bands as some kind of civil war that you have to pick a side, can see the underlying resentment towards the old band members in your posts. I like new and old Gn'R - im a fan, i dont wanna come on a fan site that simply mocks old members - i cant see how you can become so spiteful and hatefull of musicians who created the music you love, simply because they left the band and are no longer part of it.  This trend is especially noticable to me having not regualry posted here for a few years, in comparison to the non partisan way i remember this board used to be run - probably the reason i dont post here any more - its like a Gn'R press release not a fan site anymore. To me this is a massive sham - since when does a non official fan forum ban people for disagreeing with the offical band line? Its a shame to see your moderating and this site be ruined by the move to appease the offical Gn'R camp and lose sight of what made it so good - the unbiased and open nature of the forum, a place where Gn'R fans could come and express any opinion. It has now become i fear somewhere where old Gn'R members are hated by fans who simply like the new band and anyone who is simply an old band fan, or likes both bands, are pushed out unless they agree to tow the new Gn'R camp party line. Why even bother with the Ex-Members section? The new and old and definatly two distinctly differant bands and if you only like the new and don't want to talk about the old band and their opinions, there latest releases, what they think etc. then might as well be rid of it and make the forum for fans of the new band only. Then people who like both versions of Gn'R can find somewhere where the new and the old lineups can be discussed without shnide remarks being made under the weak pretence of a fair and balanced forum, the Fox News of the Gn'R web presence.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:38:18 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #232 on: November 30, 2008, 01:42:30 PM »

I remember 5 years ago around 2002-2003 when you used to at least give the pretence that you were running an unbiased Gn'R board where people could come and discuss the old and the new at the same time - sure some liked the old better than the new - some liked the new better than the old, but as far as i remember, back then it wasnt a case of being mocked and criticsed which ever side you fell on.

5 years ago was a completely different time, now we have an album out.   Guns N' Roses is an active band with a newly released album, so wishing for the old band is disrespectful and wrong. 

And I love mocking Slash fans.

Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #233 on: November 30, 2008, 01:47:36 PM »

I remember 5 years ago around 2002-2003 when you used to at least give the pretence that you were running an unbiased Gn'R board where people could come and discuss the old and the new at the same time - sure some liked the old better than the new - some liked the new better than the old, but as far as i remember, back then it wasnt a case of being mocked and criticsed which ever side you fell on.

5 years ago was a completely different time, now we have an album out.   Guns N' Roses is an active band with a newly released album, so wishing for the old band is disrespectful and wrong. 

And I love mocking Slash fans.

Thats fine - but why then have the Ex-Gunners section? It doesnt make any sense - if everyone on here just wants to discuss new Gn'R and doesnt like the old bands music/members then whats the point of it other than as a breeding ground for well worn arguments?Why keep up the smokescreen of being a Gn'R forum for fans of both bands? I'd also like to clarify that im not wishing for the old band - i just like both versions and dont like to see either one mocked and bitched about all the time by people pretending to like both but who obviously despise the old band. I also fail to see how liking one version over the other is disrespectful - when i listen to old Gn'R i dont sit there worries that Axl might lose respect for me as an individual because im listening to Don't Damn Me not There Was A Time - same as when im listening to the new band i dont worry about what Slash might think and wether his feelings get hurt - what im bothered about is whether i like the music or not.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 01:53:42 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #234 on: November 30, 2008, 02:03:44 PM »

There's only one GN'R.

I'm a fan of that band.

Doesn't mean I have to agree with something people who once were in the band say about the band though.

Nowhere have I said anything disrespectful about the former members' work with GN'R. They had a part in making what the band is.

You just like to think that I'm disrespecting the old band because I'm not a VR fan or something, but you can't show any evidence of me doing so. That makes you a liar.

It's funny how some of you like to make it about me time after time. You focus on me, and the next minute it's "who do you think you are? You're not in the band!". It's ridiculous!

So please, keep thinking that I'm not "allowed" to listen to AFD because I don't like Slash's Snakepit!  hihi

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #235 on: November 30, 2008, 02:05:47 PM »

I get mad at people like Jimbob who have this glowing need to disrespect the old band just to try and prove his loyalty to the new band. people like that forget that without these guys, you wouldn't even know who Axl was and vice versa.

I think you can be like I am and Lineker and love both bands. I listen to both and I give respect to what both bands are.

Now, i can bitch and complain twice if I want cause the guys who made CD an amazing album aren't even in the band any longer.

So there comes a time when you have to stop hating on "former" members cause now you would have to include Bucket, brain and possibly Robin into that equation.

I see a bunch of posting as if Axl reads the forum and people don't want to make him mad or whatever. you cant re-write history though. Axl didn't build this band and do all this by himself.

he had help from not only the old guys but from the new breed also.

I just don't understand why people feel they have to hate and take away from the amazing legacy of the old to show their loyalty to the new.

Just like You Jim Bob hating Slash. Have you always hated him? or just started because it's the cool thing to do on HTGTH to hopefully maybe get some tickets and backstage at a GNR concert?

I like them both and I will defend the original against people I think are wrong just as I defend the new band on a shit load of other forums against people who talk shit about them.

What happened between Axl and the old band is THEIR business. It isn't my business so I don't feel the need to take sides.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #236 on: November 30, 2008, 02:12:13 PM »

I get mad at people like Jimbob who have this glowing need to disrespect the old band just to try and prove his loyalty to the new band. people like that forget that without these guys, you wouldn't even know who Axl was and vice versa.
After being on these boards since 2002, I'm very very tired of the band getting shit on by the same people over and over again.   I love Guns N' Roses and I dont dwell and wish for the past.   If I didn't love how the band has evolved, I would have moved on.   Its not about proving loyalty, its about being sick of the same arguments and my favorite band being shit on by the same people(like you) over and over.

Now, i can bitch and complain twice if I want cause the guys who made CD an amazing album aren't even in the band any longer.

So there comes a time when you have to stop hating on "former" members cause now you would have to include Bucket, brain and possibly Robin into that equation.
The difference is, those guys actually played a role in the current album, so thats more understandable.   a couple years is nothing compared to 12 years and I give everyone credit who was inolved in the CD sessions.

I see a bunch of posting as if Axl reads the forum and people don't want to make him mad or whatever. you cant re-write history though. Axl didn't build this band and do all this by himself.

he had help from not only the old guys but from the new breed also.

I just don't understand why people feel they have to hate and take away from the amazing legacy of the old to show their loyalty to the new.

Just like You Jim Bob hating Slash. Have you always hated him? or just started because it's the cool thing to do on HTGTH to hopefully maybe get some tickets and backstage at a GNR concert?
I don't hate him, I tired of his fanboys trolling GnR sites.   Has nothing to do with what Axl would think of me personally because I could give a shit about that.   
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #237 on: November 30, 2008, 02:23:15 PM »

I have always stated that I will give the new band credit when they do something to deserve that credit.

Well, CD is out and I challenge you to find a post on here that has been negative at all. The new band did amazing on this album, they earned the title Guns N Roses and all that.

Does it mean I love them more than the old? NO

its a different band/different style.

I don't think its necessary to trash Slash just because overzealous fanboys drive u crazy with Slash talk.

There will always be people who want a reunion, that is the same with any band. There are people who want AFD Part II. that  is just the way it is. I don't blame Slash and hate him though because certain fans on here can't move on.

I became a GNR fan during UYI's, so I love the more epic/variety of styles but I can see how die hard Appetite fans feel how they feel. I just don't let it turn me against what I have loved for years.

Lineker10
VIP

« Reply #238 on: November 30, 2008, 02:24:41 PM »

There's only one GN'R.

I'm a fan of that band.

Doesn't mean I have to agree with something people who once were in the band say about the band though.

Nowhere have I said anything disrespectful about the former members' work with GN'R. They had a part in making what the band is.

You just like to think that I'm disrespecting the old band because I'm not a VR fan or something, but you can't show any evidence of me doing so. That makes you a liar.

It's funny how some of you like to make it about me time after time. You focus on me, and the next minute it's "who do you think you are? You're not in the band!". It's ridiculous!

So please, keep thinking that I'm not "allowed" to listen to AFD because I don't like Slash's Snakepit!  hihi

/jarmo

Threatning to ban someone because they dont tow the offical Gn'R line and agree with the old band seems to me to be an example of what i was trying to point out. And i dont remember writing that you couldnt like AFD because you don't like Snakepit. Trying to paint me as some Slash fanboy who hates Axl and is trying to put the new band down by making shnide comments like that and saying my opinions are based on you not liking VR are exactly what im talking about. The first VR album was ok, the second piss poor and Scott Weiland sucks  - but i still have great respect for the old members and there music. I don't understand why you have this ex-gunners section supposudly for fans of Slash, Duff, Izzy etc. to come and talk about there music and then promote a sitution where-by the forum is for fans of the new/current band only and talking about the old version of the band and ex-members, even in the ex-members section is looked down on and laughed at and only serves to open a tide of thinly veiled hate from fans of the new incarnation of the band and the new music.  And its knit picking to say there is one Gn'R - technically that may be correct - but when you have 2 seperate and totally differant sets of guys in the band over 2 distinct time frames with relativly zero cross over between the two groups other than the singer and the keyboard player then in my mind thats at the very least 2 differant stages of the same band - if calling them Gn'R Mk1 and Mk2 is better than old and new band then fine.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 02:33:48 PM by Lineker10 » Logged

Riot In Everyone!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #239 on: November 30, 2008, 02:27:01 PM »

For the record, I thought Jarmo was kidding about the ban thing.

Certainly I've done way more banworthy things than that. hihi

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: