Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:52:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Everything gets deleted
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything gets deleted  (Read 20312 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 01:07:44 PM »

well I personally love to read hilarious knowitall posts for future fun. hihi
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 01:08:43 PM »

Man get over it! Running a clean good forum requires moderation of posts that dont contribute shit all.
Problem here is that the magical device used when determining what does or does not "contribute shit at all" is in dire need of re calibration, imo.

It has moved away from deleting "useless" and stupid posts and posts dealing with topics that for whatever reason  are " no no " here, and moved too close to deleting perfectly reasonable posts just because opinnions stated aren't what moderator agrees with  on personal level. Thats fucked up.

Good, clean forum"?
That sounds so fucking depressing you know:)
What the hell is a clean forum?
A dream place where there are do arguments, no negative points of view and everyone always agrees about everything?
A place where you have to stop for 5 minutes before  clicking post-button, to consider "gee, mayhap i better not post this. It could be that someone might disagree or get upset or find this negative!"?
A place with 100 threads filled with 10k posts of nothing but  ok ok ok  -ringjerk?
Where the fuck would be the value in reading a forum that disallows people from acting like people?

"Good clean forum" sounds a lot like a very  hostile environment for finding good conversation you know.
I'm betting a year's supply of  ok-smileys that huge amount of most entertaining and insightful posts/points/whatever you've read on internet forums have been posted because there has been some sort of ongoing argument going?

You know, if you don't like it:

www.mygnrforum.com
www.chinesedemocracy.com
www.newgnr.com
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 06:27:59 PM »

a lot of the posts that are deleted are talking about the leaks

True, but there's a lot more than just that.    LeftToDecay has a very good point, actually.   I don't think he's being a smart ass or a whiner.  There's a lot of truth to what he said.   

Yeah a couple months ago when Tommy's daughter was born I said that the name they gave her was awful...can't even remember what the name was but it was bad....and for some reason that got deleted. I thought that was a little extreme, not being able to critique the kids name...I didn't think it was a big deal or get mad about it but it def. didn't have anything to do with any kind of leakand it's not like I was vicious or anything.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 12:36:22 AM »

Well, I think it's pretty fucking rude to insult a newborn child's name.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2008, 04:57:08 AM »

[Yeah a couple months ago when Tommy's daughter was born I said that the name they gave her was awful...can't even remember what the name was but it was bad....and for some reason that got deleted. I thought that was a little extreme.
I think people should decide themself if or what part of their private life to be subject of publicity.

Leaving their children, family and private life out of this is a good and respectable thing.
This sickening western "Journalism" isn't.

I agree moderation is too non-objective at times tho.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2008, 11:56:59 AM »

I really don't think the kid is on any message boards and that fellulah, or whatever punishment of a name they gave the kid, won't care. But you're right....it's much better having a 9 page thread where people say nothing but "wow tommy that's rad, congratulations" over and over again.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2008, 12:25:30 PM »

Some people just don't get it....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2008, 01:26:08 PM »

I really don't think the kid is on any message boards and that fellulah, or whatever punishment of a name they gave the kid, won't care. But you're right....it's much better having a 9 page thread where people say nothing but "wow tommy that's rad, congratulations" over and over again.

It's a child's name, have a little bit more respect when it comes to stuff like that.
Wheres Izzy
VIP

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 04:40:39 PM »

It's a child's name, have a little bit more respect when it comes to stuff like that.

Why is a childs name something to be reverennt about? It's not like I attacked the kids religion or nationality, that would be disrespectful. If someone said they didn't like the name I chose for my kid I wouldn't think of it as disrespectful...you need to lay off the kool aid.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »

Why is a childs name something to be reverennt about? It's not like I attacked the kids religion or nationality, that would be disrespectful. If someone said they didn't like the name I chose for my kid I wouldn't think of it as disrespectful...you need to lay off the kool aid.

Well. Not according to ol' Richard Dawkins...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 07:38:30 AM »

Man get over it! Running a clean good forum requires moderation of posts that dont contribute shit all.
Problem here is that the magical device used when determining what does or does not "contribute shit at all" is in dire need of re calibration, imo.

It has moved away from deleting "useless" and stupid posts and posts dealing with topics that for whatever reason  are " no no " here, and moved too close to deleting perfectly reasonable posts just because opinnions stated aren't what moderator agrees with  on personal level. Thats fucked up.

Good, clean forum"?
A dream place where there are do arguments, no negative points of view and everyone always agrees about everything?
A place where you have to stop for 5 minutes before  clicking post-button, to consider "gee, mayhap i better not post this. It could be that someone might disagree or get upset or find this negative!"?
A place with 100 threads filled with 10k posts of nothing but  ok ok ok  -ringjerk?
Where the fuck would be the value in reading a forum that disallows people from acting like people?

"Good clean forum" sounds a lot like a very  hostile environment for finding good conversation you know.
I'm betting a year's supply of  ok-smileys that huge amount of most entertaining and insightful posts/points/whatever you've read on internet forums have been posted because there has been some sort of ongoing argument going?

You know, if you don't like it:

www.mygnrforum.com
www.chinesedemocracy.com
www.newgnr.com

Im, just reading this , and thinking, wow at least you didn't add source to that list. THANKS! I'm just laughing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 07:43:45 AM by jazjme » Logged

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 08:33:52 AM »

Well. Not according to ol' Richard Dawkins...

I gotta agree with Dawkins.  Superstitious people leave themselves open. 

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2008, 01:06:16 AM »

Good, clean forum"?

Hey look. You offered your opinion like 30 times. Nobody gives a fuck. Go somewhere else if you don't like it here! When everybody starts leaving Heretodaygonetohell, then jarmo might change the way he moderates.

"Oh you don't like Britney Spears? Let's see YOU sing and dance and create pop musica hits loved by millions of 12 year olds. Until you do, don't tell her how to do her job. Besides you can always switch the channel"
"Oh so you don't like the decisions of current adminstration? Well why don't u start your own country, lulz!"
...and so on.
It doesn't require a climb to mount everest to buy you a right to bitch about stuff you disagree with.

No you moron. You don't have any understanding of how a forum works, yet your making reccomendations on how it should be run. It's like if you told britneys spears how to do a vibrato, or dance technically correct. You don't know shit, you CAN'T bitch about that and expect to be heard. If you say - I think britney is a fake bitch, thats okay because you understand fakeness, or if you think shes ugly because you understand good looking and ugly looking. It would be like trying to tell somebody that inflation is good if you don't understand economics. I hate people like you! You're too egotistical to see past yourself and your own opinion.

And furthermore, if jarmo doesnt like something he can do what the fuck he wants. He will suffer the punishment; people will start using other forums + hate him. That hasnt happened so go away.

Let me explain a little of what you don't understand, because im an awesome know it all who once ran a forum - i don't nescessarily agree that insulting kids names and shit is offensive or should be deleted - but if somebody is going to be offended by it its better to piss 1 person off (you) by deleting it, then 4 potential people out of the 1000000 that are here. Obviously you have to draw a line somewhere, and whoevers drawing that line is doing a good job (see number of members).
Gome now bizatch
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2008, 03:27:17 AM »

"No1 gives a fuck"+rant decorated with insults=I win

Other than remembering to tell me I'm a moron who doesn't understand how a forum works, you are basically just repeating your previous  post all over again.
So if you wanna keep our little exchange going please read my previous post again, but this time add an amazing opening there about  you being an idiot who doesn't understand how a human mind works.

It's pretty cool that a mighty ex-forum runner calls someone "too egotistical  to see past yourself and your own opinion." while being busy stating, with a straight face no less,  that people who aren't owners of given forum should STFU instead of criticizing the aspects of it they don't like.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 08:19:27 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2008, 06:34:44 AM »

Some tight asses around here, huh? This is hilarious; people getting insulted because someone said he doesn't like Tommy's daughter's name. If it really offends someone that bad, I recommend some therapy of some kind.

"Have some respect here, IT'S JUST A CHILD!"

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 02:16:33 PM »

^

why the fuck would you critique a childs name?

its not your kid, be happy for the person and move on. nobody gives a fuck if you dont like the name confused

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 03:57:08 PM »

^

why the fuck would you critique a childs name?

its not your kid, be happy for the person and move on. nobody gives a fuck if you dont like the name confused

Well I think this thread is a nice proof of how people really do give a fuck. I can't see why. As you said; it's not your kid. Does it really hurt you if someone says "I really don't like the name of that girl". Well boohoo and good luck with the rest of your life, it can't be very easy if this hurts you.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2008, 04:33:47 PM »

Throwing in my two cents: deleting a comment that was a little bit "rude" in someone's eyes seems a bit extreme... people don't all share the same opinion and it sounds like Where's Izzy wasn't even being malicious or trolling/etc.  It's an internet forum, just how they roll. You can have a respectable good forum without censoring posts...

Then again, the mods have always said, if you don't wanna be here you can go. Which is legitimate.

gnrevolution.com
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »

"No1 gives a fuck"+rant decorated with insults=I win

Other than remembering to tell me I'm a moron who doesn't understand how a forum works, you are basically just repeating your previous  post all over again.
So if you wanna keep our little exchange going please read my previous post again, but this time add an amazing opening there about  you being an idiot who doesn't understand how a human mind works.

It's pretty cool that a mighty ex-forum runner calls someone "too egotistical  to see past yourself and your own opinion." while being busy stating, with a straight face no less,  that people who aren't owners of given forum should STFU instead of criticizing the aspects of it they don't like.

Nice, lump in my argument that owned you and speficially addressed and replied to your last post with my previous argument that you couldnt rebutt. Soild man. True arguing.

Oh and look at you. You can't attack the argument so you attack the arguer, on a point irrelevant to the argument. I called you egotistical in passing and now its 60% of your reply? Did it hurt?
Look, you can say you don't LIKE something. But don't go criticisizing or suggesting changes about things you don't understand. I don't like britney, but I don't ask her to change because I don't understand her. Instead, I listen to slash. So go to some other site douchebag.
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2008, 06:28:14 AM »

Nice, lump in my argument that owned you and speficially addressed and replied to your last post with my previous argument that you couldnt rebutt. Soild man. True arguing.

Oh and look at you. You can't attack the argument so you attack the arguer, on a point irrelevant to the argument. I called you egotistical in passing and now its 60% of your reply? Did it hurt?
Look, you can say you don't LIKE something. But don't go criticisizing or suggesting changes about things you don't understand. I don't like britney, but I don't ask her to change because I don't understand her. Instead, I listen to slash. So go to some other site douchebag.

Oh you would rather have me addressing something other than your"personal slur+argument+personal slur+ i win"- way of getting anything said?
If so...you need to try a little harder:

You base your entire argument on assumption that guy you are arguing with " doesn't understand how a forum works"
Not this particular forum, but a forum. Thats the long and short of your " i win!" post right there.
That's the entire frame work you got when "speficially adresing and replying" to my post:P

Then when I don't bother giving a proper reply to that you enter the "I PAWN JOO NOOB" mode, and you  proceed to dissing !!MY!! way of arguing?
That's equivalent to posting a picture of a pile of pubic hair in some random thread and then calling everyone idiots cause they don't adress your point.The point being a pile of pubic hair.

Next time, try posting even twice to a thread  you disagree with before starting to mention how you are PWNING people and winning in every post you make. It's like getting a free credibility boost.

Oh, and you are asking if someone you assume is egotistical got hurt by you callin him egotistical. Seriously?Tongue

Look, you can say you don't LIKE something. But don't go criticisizing or suggesting changes about things you don't understand.
That' a very immortal thing  to say really Smiley
Also,
You feel it's ok to settle with being totally unconstructive and just  yelling "I Don't Like This!!" from bushes randomly, instead of "I don't like this. Actually it annoyes me. Let me try to explain why!""Seriously?

If it so pleases you:
You dont understand how a forum works! Go away!If there is a change that somebody gets insulted over what you just posted, it should be deleted.
I am very sorry sir, but iI feel like  I do understand how a forum works, and I dont plan to go away. When it comes to your 4 out of 100000 -insights, pls check reply #18. Why the fuck do you keep writing posts that you feel should be deleted by the way? There is a change that I ight get ever so insulted by "moron" and whatnot!
You happy now? Oh my fucking god, I tore your argument to pieces right there. I both PWN and win so much that it just gave me an erection.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:37:13 AM by LeftToDecay » Logged

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: