Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 06:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227810 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  New Izzy interview! About Axl, VR, Slash, Steven and his music
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Izzy interview! About Axl, VR, Slash, Steven and his music  (Read 27728 times)
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2008, 02:33:16 AM »

i got a funny feeling that we will see izzy on the next guns tour

scraped
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2008, 05:15:24 AM »

well, I?VE got a funny feeling there?s something wrong today
I?ve got a funny feeling and it won?t go away  ok
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2008, 02:32:02 AM »

well, I’VE got a funny feeling there’s something wrong today
I’ve got a funny feeling and it won’t go away  ok

i almost said that in my first post!! GUNNERS think alike  peace

scraped
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2008, 03:59:05 PM »

Izzy: ?At some point in the mid-?80s, I heard a song of mine on the radio and for the first time, I felt that something really important had happened. Still, from time to time I listen to songs that I composed and recorded in the ?80s on the radio, and I to say myself ?Wow, incredible, there I am, but I was still just a teenager who just wanted to play the guitar.?

What do you think about the fact that Live ? Like a Suicide and especially Appetite For Destruction became so popular?

Izzy: ?I didn?t have any idea that the band would become so big. Our lifestyle was very self-destructive, but at the same time we were very motivated by music. Nevertheless, I never imagined that we would ever become so famous.?

What do you remember about the record GN?R Lies?

Izzy: ?Good times. Those were very crazy times. I have memories of recording sessions, filming videos, touring, more recording sessions, more videos? It?s a cycle that was repeated for seven or eight years.?

People think that being a Rock Star is easy, but of course it isn?t.

Izzy: ?It is hard to stay sane when you are surrounded by madness.?

What do you think is the reason that Guns N? Roses ended up separating? Do you think that the drugs played a great role in the breakup of the band?

Izzy: ?I don?t know if the drugs were the reason. When I left the band, I was completely clean for two and a half years, from 1989 on. And when I was myself again, I really didn?t know what happened, because I wasn?t there any longer.?

But, the drug consumption in the band caused you to make the decision to leave?

Izzy: ?Yes. As I told you, I was clean for two and a half years already. I was seeing how my friends were dying, and after some time of that I decided that I?d had enough. I didn?t want to continue being a part of that. Now we?re all clean, and that?s great.?

Most of the fans blame Axl Rose for the breakup of Guns N? Roses. Is he as problematic as he seems?

Izzy: ?Axl is a very complicated guy, but very talented.?

Yes, but everything seems to point to the fact that he was in charge when the band separated.

Izzy: ?As I said, I wasn?t there anymore, so I don?t know.?

Yes, but in your last years with the band, I suppose that you saw it coming?

Izzy: ?At that time, my opinion was that the band should?ve taken a year off. But there was no where to go. When the flame is burning, it?s very difficult to say: ?OK, now we?ll take a break.? That never works.?

After spending so many years sober, do you think it?s possible for you to return to playing with your old friends?

Izzy: ?Yes. Duff, in fact, appears on three songs on my new album. I spoke with Slash the other day and I was on the brink of performing a show with him, but it didn?t work. Everyone is very active, healthy, and have lots of work to do.?

Do you believe in Chinese Democracy? And I?m not talking about if there is democracy in China.

Izzy: (Laughter) ?I believe that somewhere there?s a disc with the title Chinese Democracy. (Laughter) I have listened to some tracks off the record and I enjoyed them.?

With the album delayed for so many years, have you ever considered the possibility of re-recording Chinese Democracy with the original GN?R lineup?

Izzy: No. (Laughter)

Thanks for your time, Izzy. This is the first interview you?ve given this year, so it?s a great honor for us.

Izzy: ?Thanks for calling me.?

It wasn?t easy to get in touch with you again, so, thank you very much for taking the time. In closing, we always ask the musicians we interview what their five favorite albums are. So, can you please choose five albums that have had the greatest impact in your life?

Izzy: ?Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, Toys in the Attic by Aerosmith, Never Mind the Bollocks by The Sex Pistols, Road to Ruin by The Ramones and Exile on Main St by The Rolling Stones.?

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
The Illusionist
Headliner

Illusion

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2008, 03:59:50 PM »

If this isn't the right place to post this I apologize...and redirect me towards the right way to go...

<i>Double Talkin' Jive Motherfucker</i>
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2008, 12:19:56 PM »

^ Did you translate it yourself? Cause this one's a bit better yes

It would be great if you could do the first part too Tongue
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »

Wow....that was a great read of Izzy!!! Thanks for posting that one.........its good to hear that Izzy is still writing and recording. Hope he releases something for his fans.......: )
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2008, 02:52:53 PM »

At least now we know that Izzy and Steven at least want to get the old crew back together so they just fucking should

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2008, 02:43:12 PM »

So I wonder what the other old band members think about the idea  Huh

DJ_bullet
Opening Act

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 10:24:08 PM »

"Steven has a messed up life."

I dunno if Izzy is really good FREINDS with Steven as much as just hangs with him for the heck of it...

Well, what difference does it make anyway?
DJ_bullet
Opening Act

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2008, 10:27:33 PM »

I dunno if Izzy is really good FREINDS with Steven as much as just hangs with him for the heck of it...

I gotta add on, very significant review.  Izzy "not being there" really adds another few thoghts to the band's story.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2008, 09:09:20 AM »

I gotta add on, very significant review.  Izzy "not being there" really adds another few thoghts to the band's story.

I think Izzy was just trying to prevent talking bad/negative about Axl in this situation.. especially since they're friends again. This reply is the most easiest and respectfull way towards Axl the other original GN'R guys on those questions.

However there are other interviews, JJH era up until 2001 were he stated a number of reasons (all of them the same in each interview) which I will sum up for you.

- Axl's dicatorship behaviour; UYI recording taking too long (post basic tracks that were done in 2 weeks), coming up hours to late for a show, the riots. He's said (quote) the final drop was a contract that Axl shoved him under his face which would lower him down the totempole. It would cut his paycheck and said where he could and could not go on the stage.

- Slash and Duff's drug and alcohol abuse. It was very hard for him to be in their presence while he was clean, watching them slowy dying.

All in all, the music took a backseat to all the bullshit.

Actually, Izzy has mentioned in 2001 interview that Axl called him for RIR3. But he declined and after that he was bad-mouthing Izzy again.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 09:18:08 AM by IzzyDutch » Logged
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2008, 06:03:19 PM »

yea but you know Slash is prob clean now cus hes a dad and his wife most likely dosnt let him do the crazy stuff he did back in the day and just wants to play somin and that he dosent care if he just has to do it by himself so rock on Slash  peace

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2008, 07:39:21 PM »

They should have Izzy be the lead singer for VR
ecwfan
Rocker

« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2008, 09:27:08 PM »

That was a great interview....and I really....really wanted Axl to answer my Izzy Stradlin question the other night. I think Axl and Izzy had a very Paul McCartney/John Lennon relationship. The 2 had this friendship beyond the music and could really help each other song writing wise. The best thing for me would be to hear :  "Guns n Roses is proud to annouce Izzy Stradlin is rejoining the band." 

It won't happen. But I'd love to see it.
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 02:12:13 PM »

That was a great interview....and I really....really wanted Axl to answer my Izzy Stradlin question the other night. I think Axl and Izzy had a very Paul McCartney/John Lennon relationship. The 2 had this friendship beyond the music and could really help each other song writing wise. The best thing for me would be to hear :  "Guns n Roses is proud to annouce Izzy Stradlin is rejoining the band." 

It won't happen. But I'd love to see it.
true that Axl and Izzy have been friends from high school and they both grew up together one day Izzy might rejoin the band

Bridge
Legend

We play rock n roll to kick your ass.

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 12:57:39 AM »

I think Izzy said that as a humorous reply to Steven's wishes for a reunion.  That's the way I interpreted it anyway.  I doubt he'd hang around with him if they weren't friends.
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 01:09:41 AM »

NICE...THANX FOR POSTING! ok
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: