Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:27:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 159516 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« on: October 04, 2008, 01:46:38 PM »

Whose ready for the new season?

Just got tickets today to see my Nuggets take on the Toronto Raptors on New Year's Eve.

Should be awesome beer

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2008, 02:30:49 AM »

Whose ready for the new season?

Just got tickets today to see my Nuggets take on the Toronto Raptors on New Year's Eve.

Should be awesome beer

Good luck to the Nuggets next year.  They'll need it in the tough Western conference.  I hope George Karl can convey the message of defense to the team.

Personally, I'm stoked to see how Bynum meshes with Gasol, Odom, & co.  He was the missing piece last year.  We could've used his defense & rebounding in the finals.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:47:51 AM »

Its going to be a good season...my jazz resigned williams which is huge....look out for houston...
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008, 02:24:09 AM by Shadows7XXX » Logged
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 03:16:56 AM »

shit tickets for the Christmas game for lakers against the celtics are sold out  rant
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2008, 02:33:31 AM »

I'm going to the Clippers home opener against the Lakers.

gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2008, 05:53:51 PM »

Any bold predictions for this upcoming season??

Here Today . . .
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2008, 06:13:25 PM »

Season tickets for the Raptors... I wasn't going to go for it until they made the Jermaine O'Neal gamble... I can't wait!
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2008, 06:19:54 PM »

Season tickets for the Raptors... I wasn't going to go for it until they made the Jermaine O'Neal gamble... I can't wait!

Very cool!

I can't wait until I acquire vast riches and can afford NBA season tickets.
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2008, 09:30:45 PM »

I'm actually not ready for it, to be honest. I've not really gotten into the NBA so much anymore.

I used to love the Pacers a lot, I'm a very casual fan for them now, I guess at heart I'm still a fan, but they have hardly no one likeable. I did like their draft class though.

NBA just doesn't seem what it used to be. Maybe that is just me, I don't know.

I used to love it, but who knows. I still kinda keep up with it. Last season I truly followed was 2005 season. The one where the Spurs beat the Pistons, and I watched the last 2 playoffs... so I'm a cheater lol

This year, Go Rockets! and Thunder!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2008, 09:35:06 PM »

Very cool!

I feel ya! Problem is, my fav team is Dallas and the closest NBA team to me is Atlanta and even though they are better, Im not gonna get Hawks Season tickets.

When I get out of school though, Im gonna be an Atlanta Thrasher Season ticket holder.

My Mavs may be ok this year. Rick Carlisle hopefully will get us back on track!

Predictions:

Eastern Conference:
1.Boston
2. Detroit
3.Miami
4.Cleveland
5.Toronto
6.Chicago
7.Philadelphia
8.Atlanta

Western Conference
1.LA Lakers
2.New Orleans
3.Utah
4.Phoenix
5.Houston
6.San Antonio
7.Dallas
8.Portland

Lakers vs New Orleans in western Conference finals  La wins in 6games
Cleveland vs Miami in the East Finals  Miami wins in 7

LA over Miami in 6 to win the NBA Title

Dwyane Wade MVP of Regular Season
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 09:42:07 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2008, 11:59:26 PM »

I always  hihi at this logo.

I agree with anyone that says that it looks like a WNBA logo.

I hope all the HTGTH basketball fans turn out in this thread.  We had some great discussions last year.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2008, 12:01:54 AM »

Very cool!

I feel ya! Problem is, my fav team is Dallas and the closest NBA team to me is Atlanta and even though they are better, Im not gonna get Hawks Season tickets.

When I get out of school though, Im gonna be an Atlanta Thrasher Season ticket holder.

My Mavs may be ok this year. Rick Carlisle hopefully will get us back on track!

Predictions:

Eastern Conference:
1.Boston
2. Detroit
3.Miami
4.Cleveland
5.Toronto
6.Chicago
7.Philadelphia
8.Atlanta

Western Conference
1.LA Lakers
2.New Orleans
3.Utah
4.Phoenix
5.Houston
6.San Antonio
7.Dallas
8.Portland

Lakers vs New Orleans in western Conference finals  La wins in 6games
Cleveland vs Miami in the East Finals  Miami wins in 7

LA over Miami in 6 to win the NBA Title

Dwyane Wade MVP of Regular Season

Yeah I'm kinda in the same boat.  I gotta finish college before I make such rash, financial decisions.

That, and a steady job.  What I do now is great, but I can barely pay child support and have anything left for myself.  How I maintain my lavish lifestyle is beyond me.  So as I find better opportunities, I'll make those decisions as I get to them.

There is no way I am going to think about making any sort of prediction at this point in time.  We are one week into preseason play.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2008, 12:43:15 AM »

I live pretty close to Charlotte, so I go see a lot of Charlotte Bobcats games. Not a exactly a team to get excited about. They have a lot of talent, but they're very young . . . Maybe Larry Brown will shape them into winners, though I doubt it. I'd like to see what Sean May and Adam Morrison can do if they stay healthy. I'm still mad they didn't draft Brook Lopez . . . And then basically wasted their other first-round pick on some idiot from France who will probably never play.

As far as predictions go, I can't really imagine anyone in the Easten Conference unseating the Boston Celtics, as long as the Big 3 stay healthy. And with Bynum back, it's hard for me to see anyone beating the Lakers either. So I think we'll probably end up with a repeat of last year's finals. If only Yao Ming and McGrady could stay healthy, I think the Rockets would have a great chance of making it to the Finals; but those two are always banged up. Steve Nash is my favorite player, and I'd love to see the Suns finally get over the hump, but I believe their window has closed.

I pretty much agree with D's predictions as far as who will make the playoffs . . . But no Orlando??

Here Today . . .
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2008, 12:50:21 AM »

He probably forgot all about them.  hihi

Anything goes in the East, hell, Charlotte could make it if things went right for them.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2008, 12:52:17 AM »

U know, I put Orlando 3rd

Realized they were in the division with Miami and totally forgot to put them back in when I made the final list.

Yeah, Orlando definitely.

Probably 7th seed take off Atlanta.

Im not sold on Boston again. Losing James Posey is big. everyone is a year older and sometimes after winning a title, u have a let down.

Cleveland almost beat them last year and they added some help getting Mo Williams from Milwaukee.
Now Lebron doesn't have to create for himself and everybody and Williams is a very good PG.

Detroit will still be very strong especially with Rodney Stuckey being even better than last year.

If Wade is healthy, with Beasley and Shawn Marion, they are gonna be tough to handle.

Wade was clearly the best player on the floor in the Olympics.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2008, 09:14:16 AM »

lets go Nets!

HAHA, they're going to be terrible  Embarrassed
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2008, 11:54:38 AM »

Maybe see ya at the New Year's Eve game beer
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 11:58:43 AM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2008, 04:09:40 PM »

Outdoor game gives Suns chills

Jerry Brown, Tribune

INDIAN WELLS, Calif - When the Suns played in the only other outdoor games in NBA history 36 years ago, they had to deal with a flock of birds, a swarm of bugs and sticky humidity.

And while the challenges were different Saturday night at the windy and chilly Indian Wells Tennis Garden, Phoenix?s 77-72 loss to the Denver Nuggets proved one thing ? some sports are simply best played indoors.

?I didn?t expect it to be this cold here. It felt like Edmonton, Alberta, not Palm Springs,? Suns guard Steve Nash said. ?Growing up we played in weather colder than this all the time ? but that was 16 years ago."

As temperatures dipped into the low 60s in the second half and the wind chill had both players and fans seeking towels and blankets for warmth, the Suns shot a frigid 31.6 percent from the field (25-for-79) and didn?t score more than 21 points in any quarter. The Nuggets played without Allen Iverson (knee) and Carmelo Anthony (finger) but nursed home a 47-41 halftime lead despite shooting 37 percent themselves.

The announced sellout crowd of 16,236 was loud and very pro-Suns, but the designated home team didn?t give them much to cheer about. How?s this for a statistic: Nash, who missed seven of 12 shots himself, led the Suns with 16 points ? and was the only member of his team to reach double figures.

The two teams combined to make only three of their 27 3-pointers, as the swirling winds acted as the best defender on the floor.

?It was a big factor. The ball is in the air a lot in basketball,? Nash said. ?You shoot the ball, and it starts slicing right ? it?s tough to be accurate.?

But there were some bright spots among the stars, led by Robin Lopez. The rookie center not only stayed out of foul trouble for the first time in three games, and blocked seven shots in 18 minutes.

He had eight points, five rebounds and four blocks in the first half alone, including a pair of big-time, at-the-apex rejections on Nene and Kenyon Martin.

?Every time out, I feel a little more comfortable on the floor,? he said. ?I?m trying to keep my eye on the ball when I?m on the weak side. We?ve been working on that a lot . This is a whole different game from college. Mentally they think on a whole different level.?

But for some Suns, it was a little harder to concentrate while playing in the great outdoors.

?At one point, I had my head up and I saw the moon. That was a first,? said Suns forward Boris Diaw, who wore a headband not for warmth, but to represent the playground atmosphere of the evening. ?It was fun, but also cold.?

J.R. Smith and Mateen Cleaves each had 12 to lead Denver, and Nene added 10. But Suns coach Terry Porter said it would be hard to glean much from Saturday?s game when it comes to teaching tools.

?Defensively we had a lot of breakdowns, we just let guys get by us too easily,? he said. ?They did a good job of putting the ball on the floor and getting to the basket and to the free-throw line, which was smart with the weather. But I?m not going to spend too much time looking at the film on this one.?

When he was told it was 105 degrees in Indian Wells as recently as three days ago, Porter spoke for many.

?Well, we should have had the game three days ago,? he said.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/127949
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 04:12:07 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2008, 02:38:15 AM »

Great opening night for the Lakers!  I really hope they can continue this inspired style of defense.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2008, 03:08:47 AM »

Great opening night for the Lakers!  I really hope they can continue this inspired style of defense.

Fucking crushed the Blazers man.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

I'll take some snapshots.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: