Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:39:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 161888 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #100 on: December 30, 2008, 02:22:56 PM »

I will also say this

U cannot count out Detroit.

If they ever gel with Iverson, the way Stuckey has stepped up etc, they have some pieces to be tough still.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #101 on: December 30, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »

I will also say this

If they ever gel with Iverson, the way Stuckey has stepped up etc, they have some pieces to be tough still.

Iverson and gelling don't go together.

Giving up Chauncey took them out of contention for good.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2008, 02:42:12 PM »

Yeah, I am definitely not an Allen Iverson fan

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2008, 02:42:29 PM »

Yeah, I am definitely not an Allen Iverson

No you're not.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2008, 03:03:16 PM »

You've never heard of Lebron James?

Cleveland is not as good as Boston...next year probably...
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #105 on: December 30, 2008, 03:09:58 PM »

I will go out and make a bold prediction that it won't be Boston vs LA

Too many variables in play. Injuries etc

Cleveland should've beat Boston last year. U add Mo Williams and a possible trade for Shawn Marion and u are damn right Cleveland can win. Especially if Lebron keeps driving to the rim.

LA, I don't know..........  Utah are looking amazing and have been without Carlos Boozer almost all season. They have been banged up and not at full strength for any part of the season.

The emergence of Paul Millsap in Boozer's absence will prove huge in the playoffs.

I'll take Boozer, Okur, Millsap, Kirilenko over Gasol,Odom,Bynum and Walton

They have Ronnie Brewer and AK47 to throw at Kobe, Deron williams will eat Fish alive.

True Utah will give the Lakers all they can handle out West, IF they stay healthy....my gut feeling is when Boozer comes back and plays a few weeks he will be traded...He is a good power forward but he NEVER plays...I mean he stayed healthy last year, but that was it...This guy misses a ridiculous amount of games and then talks about how he is "going to get a raise"...Fuck him...I say trade him...If Utah can get these injuries under control(still feels weird saying that because for 20 years they never had any injuries)..Boozer has already missed more games this season than Karl Malone did in 18 years with the Jazz...and most of those were suspensions...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #106 on: December 30, 2008, 03:58:14 PM »

I will also say this

Detroit has won 4 in a row and are 7-3 in their last 10.

Gelling has occurred.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #107 on: December 30, 2008, 04:07:26 PM »

I will also say this

Detroit has won 4 in a row and are 7-3 in their last 10.

Gelling has occurred.

Dawg, six of those seven victories came against teams under .500, including the lowly Thunder, Bobcats, and the Wizards.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #108 on: December 30, 2008, 05:05:39 PM »

I will go out and make a bold prediction that it won't be Boston vs LA

Too many variables in play. Injuries etc

Cleveland should've beat Boston last year. U add Mo Williams and a possible trade for Shawn Marion and u are damn right Cleveland can win. Especially if Lebron keeps driving to the rim.

LA, I don't know..........  Utah are looking amazing and have been without Carlos Boozer almost all season. They have been banged up and not at full strength for any part of the season.

The emergence of Paul Millsap in Boozer's absence will prove huge in the playoffs.

I'll take Boozer, Okur, Millsap, Kirilenko over Gasol,Odom,Bynum and Walton

They have Ronnie Brewer and AK47 to throw at Kobe, Deron williams will eat Fish alive.

so, I think Utah have a nice chance

U can't forget Houston also. When Healthy they are very capable. they have Battier and Artest to guard Kobe and Kobe doesn't do well against Ron.

Don't sleep on Phoenix or Dallas either.  We played LA very close at LA without Josh Howard.

I just want to dispute your points about Utah and Houston.

Boozer has fouled up the chemistry in that locker room with all his talk about getting a raise and becoming a free agent and so on and so forth.

Houston...haha.  Not while Yao Ming is still there!  T-Mac has never done anything in the playoffs, and Artest is liable to go beat up a grandma in the stands because the tennis ball off her walker rolled down to the playing surface.

i don't think D saw that game when LA played against Houston in the beginning of the season
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #109 on: December 30, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »

Sure, LA won by 30 but that don't mean shit in the playoffs.  I don't think Houston will win but I am just saying, they will give LA all they can handle and u never know.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #110 on: December 31, 2008, 03:29:45 AM »

I have a question I would like to ask the Celtics, and Celtics fans.  It's a Spanish phrase I've heard that I would like to whip out on here.

Que paso Celtics?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #111 on: December 31, 2008, 03:35:28 AM »

los Celtics no bueno
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #112 on: December 31, 2008, 03:38:51 AM »

Its called west coast trip.

Word to the D-man.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2008, 08:27:41 AM »

I have a question I would like to ask the Celtics, and Celtics fans.  It's a Spanish phrase I've heard that I would like to whip out on here.

Que paso Celtics?

The better question is "Where is their defense".

I'm not sure what happened to the team that won 19 straight.  Maybe they've been "Space Jam"-ed.  And it's not like they looked horrible ALL game...but they certainly didn't look like they have the previous 3 weeks. And they looked LOUSY in the 4th quarter.  Not just worn out, but STUPID, to boot.   Maybe it's jet lag, maybe it's holiday "blahs", lack of focus.....I don't know. 

I'm not worried YET.  I'm still relatively sure they'll rebound and start running off wins again.  But yes...I'm concerned.  Because there are no obvious reasons for the turn around...nobody is hurt.  Nobody is sick.  System hasn't changed....nothing.

On the up side...Cleveland lost, too.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #114 on: December 31, 2008, 02:05:44 PM »

Que paso Celtics?

The better question is "Where is their defense".

I'm not sure what happened to the team that won 19 straight.  Maybe they've been "Space Jam"-ed.  And it's not like they looked horrible ALL game...but they certainly didn't look like they have the previous 3 weeks. And they looked LOUSY in the 4th quarter.  Not just worn out, but STUPID, to boot.   Maybe it's jet lag, maybe it's holiday "blahs", lack of focus.....I don't know. 

I'm not worried YET.  I'm still relatively sure they'll rebound and start running off wins again.  But yes...I'm concerned.  Because there are no obvious reasons for the turn around...nobody is hurt.  Nobody is sick.  System hasn't changed....nothing.

On the up side...Cleveland lost, too.

I don't know about that.  They scored a paltry 83 against a Lakers defense that is average at best.  Portland didn't have their all-star Roy.

The race for home-court advantage is gonna go down to the wire.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2008, 02:37:45 PM »

Has Cleveland gone out West yet?  I don't think so, it's a long season, things will play themselves out.  It's a tough trip, but 1-3 is not good, especially with the Blazers being short-handed.  Should've won that game and finished up 2-2.  Couldn't have expected them to win 27 out of every 29 games all season long though.  I think they'll be fine.  Home court advantage proved to be huge last season though.  The C's couldn't figure out how to win on the road until the Conference finals.  I have a feeling they'll be better prepared when the time comes this season.  I don't forsee a 7 game opening round tilt, at least I hope not.  That was scary stuff last year. 

They also have some depth issues that they need to address somewhere down the line.  They lack sufficient backups at PG and C.  Patrick O'Bryant is nothing more than a garbage minutes, 12th man on the roster type, certainly not a viable backup big man.  And Eddie House is a gamer, but he's proved over and over that he's not a true PG.  I don't think Gabe Pruitt is quite ready to be thrust into that role.  I'm sure P.J. Brown and Sam Cassell will be on the docket come playoff time.  What's with Cassell anyway?  I see him on the bench.  Sometimes he's in the warmups, the next night he's in street clothes.  Is he on the roster, IR, is he a player/coach, just there for inspiration?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 02:42:20 PM by faldor » Logged

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »

I just want to say my Mavs are 17-5 since the horrible 2-7 start. things are gelling and starting to truly run well.

we have 4 easy games coming up and that would put us 21-5 since the bad start!

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2008, 02:56:37 PM »

Has Cleveland gone out West yet?  I don't think so, it's a long season, things will play themselves out.  It's a tough trip, but 1-3 is not good, especially with the Blazers being short-handed.  Should've won that game and finished up 2-2.  Couldn't have expected them to win 27 out of every 29 games all season long though.  I think they'll be fine.  Home court advantage proved to be huge last season though.  The C's couldn't figure out how to win on the road until the Conference finals.  I have a feeling they'll be better prepared when the time comes this season.  I don't forsee a 7 game opening round tilt, at least I hope not.  That was scary stuff last year. 

They also have some depth issues that they need to address somewhere down the line.  They lack sufficient backups at PG and C.  Patrick O'Bryant is nothing more than a garbage minutes, 12th man on the roster type, certainly not a viable backup big man.  And Eddie House is a gamer, but he's proved over and over that he's not a true PG.  I don't think Gabe Pruitt is quite ready to be thrust into that role.  I'm sure P.J. Brown and Sam Cassell will be on the docket come playoff time.  What's with Cassell anyway?  I see him on the bench.  Sometimes he's in the warmups, the next night he's in street clothes.  Is he on the roster, IR, is he a player/coach, just there for inspiration?

http://www.nba.com/celtics/roster/

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2009, 03:26:08 PM »

If Marbury signs with Boston, ya'll can just pull the plug on your season.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #119 on: January 02, 2009, 05:42:39 PM »

If Marbury signs with Boston, ya'll can just pull the plug on your season.
Yeah I heard that today.  That'd be crazy.  I'd take a wait and see approach, but history wouldn't necessarily be on their side.  Maybe a reunion with KG would do Steph some good?  Yeah, I'm reaching.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: