Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:50:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 162988 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #260 on: February 08, 2009, 07:06:07 PM »

Just a little hint for u Kobe guys

Anytime u get in an argument with someone over who is better, All u have to do is point to the defensive side of the floor.

Micheal Jordan is the greatest ever, not just cause of his offense, but his defense.

Kobe absolutely shut Lebron down today.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #261 on: February 08, 2009, 07:12:36 PM »

Uhhhhh, okay?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #262 on: February 08, 2009, 07:19:31 PM »

just saying, what separates Kobe and Lebron is the way Kobe can play shut down defense and Lebron isn't quite there defensively yet.

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #263 on: February 08, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »

I don't follow the NBA super closely...but I did notice the fellow outta Gonzaga...Morrison, the guy who averaged 28 ppg in college was just traded to the Lakers.  Is he still a bad defender?  Can he score in the NBA?  Can he help the Lakers?

Just curious.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #264 on: February 08, 2009, 07:54:50 PM »

I don't follow the NBA super closely...but I did notice the fellow outta Gonzaga...Morrison, the guy who averaged 28 ppg in college was just traded to the Lakers.  Is he still a bad defender?  Can he score in the NBA?  Can he help the Lakers?

Just curious.

Yes.

No.

No.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #265 on: February 08, 2009, 07:56:27 PM »

A-FRaud!  You must STILL be using performance enhancing drugs!  That response was faster than hell!   hihi

Thanks, I figured as much...but...does he give them anything more than the European guy they gave up???

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #266 on: February 08, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »

Word around the NBA is that he still collapses during practice and cries his eyes out on the hardwood.

No, he's just a body to keep on the bench.  The European guy was nothing more than a breathing turnstile.  Like the Kwame trade, I am just glad they got rid of him.  The Lakers are dumping dollars to make a run at Lamar Odom when he becomes an unrestricted free agent this summer.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #267 on: February 08, 2009, 08:34:01 PM »

Micheal Jordan is the greatest ever, not just cause of his offense, but his defense.
No, he's the "best ever" because he was the best in the league when the ratings for the NBA were the highest. He's the "best ever" because most of the guys writing columns and blogs these days, grew up idolizing him.  And dont go throwing stats around. He played in a watered down league where defenses were geared to stop centers. He's also the "best ever" because he didnt play for the Lakers or Knicks.  He was great, but not the greatest.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #268 on: February 08, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »

No, he's the "best ever" because he was the best in the league when the ratings for the NBA were the highest. He's the "best ever" because most of the guys writing columns and blogs these days, grew up idolizing him.  And dont go throwing stats around. He played in a watered down league where defenses were geared to stop centers. He's also the "best ever" because he didnt play for the Lakers or Knicks.  He was great, but not the greatest.

Dumb.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #269 on: February 08, 2009, 08:39:49 PM »

Nice rebuttal.  At least D will argue intelligently.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #270 on: February 08, 2009, 08:47:01 PM »

Why argue about something that is written in stone?

Not even D would be stupid enough to argue that Jordan was not the best ever.

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #271 on: February 08, 2009, 09:52:10 PM »

It aint written in stone dude.  Its thinking like that thats the problem. But the NBA marketing machine that cranked out the MJ image can sleep easy knowing they did their job. 
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #272 on: February 08, 2009, 10:02:31 PM »

Marketing does not dictate what happens during a game.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #273 on: February 08, 2009, 10:19:18 PM »

It aint written in stone dude.  Its thinking like that thats the problem. But the NBA marketing machine that cranked out the MJ image can sleep easy knowing they did their job. 
Who are you implying is better than MJ?  Kobe?  Lebron?  Both?  Where does MJ fall on your list of all time greats?

Larry Bird is the best of all time anyway, so it's a meaningless argument.

That was a joke, MJ is the best, hands down.  Not even close.  If Kobe can win a couple titles without one of the best big men in the history of the game maybe we can talk.  Until then though, there's no debate.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #274 on: February 08, 2009, 10:19:40 PM »

No, but marketing dictates how the public will feel about players of the game.  There are a lot of players that can be on the list of greatest ever. Wilt, Russel, Kareem, Magic, and Bird I consider better. But because of the reasons I mentioned earlier, MJ is the popular choice.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #275 on: February 08, 2009, 10:23:27 PM »

No, but marketing dictates how the public will feel about players of the game.  There are a lot of players that can be on the list of greatest ever. Wilt, Russel, Kareem, Magic, and Bird I consider better. But because of the reasons I mentioned earlier, MJ is the popular choice.
All those guys you mentioned are all time greats, no doubt but I think even they, their families, and all of Larry Bird's illegitimate children would agree that Jordan is THE #1 guy.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #276 on: February 08, 2009, 10:25:53 PM »

all of Larry Bird's illegitimate children

Wait, what?  hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #277 on: February 08, 2009, 10:40:59 PM »

Wait, what?  hihi

Larry was quite the pimp in his days, 9 illegitimate children with 9 different women.  That's a record that's difficult to break.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #278 on: February 08, 2009, 10:51:58 PM »

Wait, what?  hihi

Larry was quite the pimp in his days, 9 illegitimate children with 9 different women.  That's a record that's difficult to break.

That's pretty cool.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #279 on: February 08, 2009, 11:46:32 PM »

I use to try and play Devil's Advocate over at my sports forum and say MJ wasn't

Then u have to try and figure out WHO Is

Then u get into MJ's numbers and realize all he did, while also shooting damn near 50 percent for his career.

Seriously, had he not went to baseball, he wins 8 titles easily and if the Bulls had got to come back during the strike shortened season, he may win 9 titles.

His numbers are just off the charts in every category imaginable.

The NBA didn't make Micheal Jordan, Micheal Jordan MADE the NBA.     

I am not even a MJ fan but I can't argue against the guy.

Wilt Chamberlain statistically is unmatched. I mean the dude averaged 50pts and 20 rebs in ONE SEASON

but everyone was so much smaller than Wilt.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: