Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:34:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 163177 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #340 on: March 12, 2009, 10:08:41 AM »

Kobe owned Artest.
He did, I saw the highlights on SportsCenter and they were talking quite a bit to each other in the 2nd half.  Artest was doing most of the talking though, Kobe was doing more laughing.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #341 on: March 15, 2009, 06:26:51 PM »

Lakers winning and Boston loosing today = a great day  smoking
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #342 on: March 15, 2009, 06:51:51 PM »

Good game, D.  I might have been worried in the 4th if Dirk had a spine.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #343 on: March 19, 2009, 12:08:25 AM »

Dirk played horrible.

Here is something u have to be worried about though if u are a Laker fan

u guys keep blowing double digit leads. To us and Philly last night which was horrible.

1. why the fuck wasn't Kobe on Andre Iguodola?

2. why didn't Ariza foul him?

3. Why did Phil Jackson have a srub like Josh Powell in the big moments of the 4th quarter when Philly were making their run?

anyhow, u also have to keep in mind, we almost beat u guys at LA with Dirk playing a horrible game AND without Josh Howard.  Thats the 2nd time we've lost to u guys without Josh and by less than 8.

Also, i blame it on the coaching.  we had a 6pt lead and somehow James Singleton is taking shots........ U gotta run that Terry/Dirk Pick and roll to death to sustain that lead.  Kidd turning the ball over........... that was our game we just shot ourselves in the foot.

on a side note

I will be going to my first ever NBA game tomorrow in Atlanta.  I have been a Dallas and Dirk fan for 10 years and u have no idea what a dream come true it will be to see Dirk play in person. I cannot wait.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2009, 02:54:17 PM »

Allen Iverson still in pain, return unknown

BY VINCE ELLIS ? FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER ? March 19, 2009

HOUSTON -- Allen Iverson doesn't appear to be closer to returning to the lineup.

Pistons coach Michael Curry said before Wednesday night's game against the Rockets that the 13-year veteran guard saw doctors at Georgetown on Wednesday and that he was still having back pain.

He will have more tests today and Friday before the Pistons reassess the situation.

Iverson, averaging 18 points, has missed 11 games with his latest injury.

Even if Iverson is cleared Friday, he would have to go through conditioning with strength-and-conditioning coach Arnie Kander.

Asked whether there was a point when the Pistons would have to decide when to rule out Iverson's return this season, Curry said with a smile: "That ain't my call. That's over my pay grade."

Iverson's first evaluation at Georgetown came March 4, and an MRI by the Pistons last week revealed no structural damage.

Iverson isn't traveling with the team to prevent stress on his back, and he is undergoing treatment under the supervision of the Pistons.

Iverson hasn't played since leaving the floor after 8 in a Feb. 25 loss at New Orleans.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090319/SPORTS03/903190402&s=d&page=1

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2009, 07:17:06 PM »

Dirk played horrible.

u guys keep blowing double digit leads. To us and Philly last night which was horrible.

we blow double digits leads to everyone. I'm not even surprised when that happens now.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #346 on: March 20, 2009, 02:10:27 AM »

Dirk played horrible.

we blow double digits leads to everyone. I'm not even surprised when that happens now.

It's over.

Just give the trophy to Cleveland.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #347 on: March 20, 2009, 03:24:54 AM »

15 point leads are nothing in the NBA.  I just look at it as, if you can go up by 20, you can afford to get outscored by 15. A win is a win. Plus, refs like to play equalizer in the NBA. If a team is too dominant, refs make it closer.  Unless you are Cleveland. Then the refs help you win.

Im not too worried. The fact that the Lakers have the best record in the league despite well, being the Lakers, really says something.  No team brings other teams "A" games like the Lakers.  The Lowly teams in the NBA get pumped to play in Hollywood, against Kobe, more than anywhere else.  Also, teams get more pumped up when the hated Lakers come to town. Plus, we play in the stronger conference, with twice as many games against Spurs, Mavs, Suns, Blazers, etc.  All that and still best record?  Nah. Im not worried.

And that loss to Philly was horrible. I think when the post-season starts, the Lakers wont let teams hang around as much.

On a side note, I like how recent headlines are like "Lakers Blow lead, barely hold on" and the like, but you get "LeBrons late heroics help get by Clippers"  and such.  Cavs have been eeking out wins to lesser teams. But youd never know by the headlines.

By the way, D, I wasnt trying to be a punk when I called you out the other day. Nothing personal, I know I would have got the same from you if the Mavs won.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #348 on: March 21, 2009, 01:54:54 AM »

Oh, thats cool! I like a little bantering. Especially since we shall probably meet in the first round.

I still would be my money on Cleveland if they have home court and u guys don't have Bynum.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #349 on: March 21, 2009, 02:08:03 AM »

Oh, thats cool! I like a little bantering. Especially since we shall probably meet in the first round.

I still would be my money on Cleveland if they have home court and u guys don't have Bynum.

Dude, tell us about your first game.

Give us a review of Philips Arena.

Pics or it didn't happen!  hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #350 on: March 21, 2009, 02:22:27 AM »

What a disappointing night!

We jumped out to a nice lead, but Jason Terry just couldn't make a shot.  but u have to understand, we were without Josh Howard AND Erick Dampier.  Damp has been playing really well and helps our rebounding tremendously, something that got us beat against Atlanta.

Philips Arena is awesome. Every seat is a good seat no matter how high up u are.  we were in the 43 dollar seats that are the upper arena but it was mid court and the view was excellent. I was amazed at the athleticism and just how high those dudes get up on the rim

I also saw Terrell Owens there which was pretty cool.

When I graduate next May, I am going to buy some Hawks season tickets. Mavs are my team, but the Hawks are becoming my East team. I really like Josh Smith, Joe Johnson, Al Horford and I've been a fan of Mike Bibby for years.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #351 on: March 21, 2009, 02:52:10 AM »

Especially since we shall probably meet in the first round.

i hope so. my cousin is a big mavs fan so ill be cool to go to one of the games together  love
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #352 on: March 21, 2009, 03:03:15 AM »

I will say though, I think the 8th seed will go to portland. Lamarcus Aldridge has a concussion, and Portland are a good but not a great team. I could definitely see them slide to 8th.

Mark Cuban has to deal Josh Howard this off season. We have actually did pretty damn good without him. if we could trade him for a Gerald Wallace or somebody like that, we could get back relevant again.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #353 on: March 21, 2009, 03:20:50 AM »

i hope so. my cousin is a big mavs fan so ill be cool to go to one of the games together  love

Talk about your fairy tales...

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #354 on: March 21, 2009, 04:52:34 AM »

mira guey, Chupa la verga....that means "i can dream", for you people that can't read Spanish  rofl
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #355 on: March 21, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »

mira guey, Chupa la verga....that means "i can dream", for you people that can't read Spanish  rofl

Let's ask Ignatius.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #356 on: March 30, 2009, 11:02:17 PM »

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #357 on: March 31, 2009, 04:34:27 AM »

Let's ask Ignatius.

"Guey" is a word we don't use in Spain, but they do in Mexico. I believe it means something like "dude" or "pal".

So, basically "Mira Guey, chupa la verga" means "Look pal (or dude), suck the cock"

Don't kill the translator now...  Smiley

Go Lakers!

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #358 on: March 31, 2009, 01:06:55 PM »

Let's ask Ignatius.

"Guey" is a word we don't use in Spain, but they do in Mexico. I believe it means something like "dude" or "pal".

So, basically "Mira Guey, chupa la verga" means "Look pal (or dude), suck the cock"

Go Lakers!

Hahahaha, I know, I just wanted to get w.axl.rose banned after what he did to my mother.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #359 on: April 06, 2009, 03:51:13 AM »

Let's ask Ignatius.

hahahahah nice Garry

Go Lakers!

Hahahaha, I know, I just wanted to get w.axl.rose banned after what he did to my mother.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: