Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:51:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Do you think band members will check out stores on the release date?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you think band members will check out stores on the release date?  (Read 7115 times)
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« on: October 09, 2008, 09:50:17 AM »

Do you think Axl and some of his band mates will be 'hiding' at one of the record shops to witness the fans buying the new cd like they did when Use Your Illusion was released? Smiley

Edit: New subject... /jarmo
« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 11:54:31 PM by jarmo » Logged
Mike McKagan
Rocker

I'm a small town white boy...

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 11:47:34 AM »

No.  I don't.

VR--Nashville, TN--10/16/2004
GN'R--Portland, OR--12/11/2006
GN'R--Rosemont, IL--11/15/2011
GN'R--Nashville, TN--07/09/2016
GN'R--Saint Louis, MO--09/09/2023
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 02:09:19 PM »

Do you think Axl and some of his band mates will be 'hiding' at one of the record shops to witness the fans buying the new cd like they did when Use Your Illusion was released? Smiley
What record shops? Best Buy, I doubt it!! Huh Roll Eyes Tongue Grin

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2008, 02:37:41 PM »

Well you never know. It could be at Best Buy. Right behind that see-through mirror from the managements office.
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 02:56:59 PM »

i never herd that they did that.thanks for that one.and ya never know maybe.i wouldn't count on it though.but it's nice to think just cause.

the one an only horsey !
wadey
Legend

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 03:03:12 PM »

imagine the whole band doing signing sessions for the first 100 customers at one of the best buy stores........

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 03:10:34 PM »

I know what i'll be doing the day of it's release ! getting up at 9am (if it's not a midnight release) and get ready, head over to Best Buy which is 2 min from my place, then head to seattle and listen to it on the way down to the Redskins vs Seahawks game ! I figure i'll listen to the album twice on the way down and the way back.  Plus when I get home  hihi ok  beer

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 03:45:54 PM »

they should play a show at a best buy in los angeles, or at least a gig in la that night

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
nightrain_jh
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 04:48:19 PM »

I've always said that when it is released my arse will be shown in my local Burtons shop window.  Nothing has changed although I am starting to get nervous as it seems the day may soon be here

Don't Damn Me!!
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 05:10:34 PM »

I don't think so. They don't need that.

I imagine Axl, sitted in his chair, looking through the window in his mansion right on top of the mountain and smoking a good cuban  hihi

doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 05:24:40 PM »

I know what i'll be doing the day of it's release ! getting up at 9am (if it's not a midnight release) and get ready, head over to Best Buy which is 2 min from my place, then head to seattle and listen to it on the way down to the Redskins vs Seahawks game ! I figure i'll listen to the album twice on the way down and the way back.  Plus when I get home  hihi ok  beer

what's the date of this game.  do we have a release date yet? 

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
russkwtx
VIP

Muchas fucking gracias.

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 08:39:51 PM »

I think Axl has better things to do.

12.9.02 (canceled); 11.5.11; 11.9.11; 12.31.11; 11.21.12; 11.23.12; 6.6.14; 6.7.14; 8.3.16; 8.2.17
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 08:42:49 PM »

November 23rd is the plan.  The Patriots are on the road that day so I'll have all day to enjoy Chinese Democracy before kickoff.  I love going to games but I'd be slightly upset if I had to go tailgate that day and couldn't stay home and listen to CD on repeat.  Of course I could blast it while tailgating, but the people I go with don't appreciate GNR anywhere near the way I do.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2008, 05:18:58 AM »

they should play a show at a best buy in los angeles, or at least a gig in la that night

Who do you mistake them for, Velvet Revolver?

A cheap tactic if I ever heard of one.
wadey
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2008, 05:48:45 AM »

i can see your point about it been a cheap tactic but i dont agree with you, i think it would be kick ass if they did a show to promote the release.........what better way to celebrate the release of good music than to play good music

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008, 06:00:04 AM »

you dont have to show up if they do a free show  ok
overmatik
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008, 12:28:37 PM »

I don't know if any of you remember but when Metallica released Garage Inc. they went to MTV studios. They chatted a little then they went to a stage in the back and played live a couple of the new songs.

I think that would be a great promotion, despite the piece of crap that MTV has become...
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2008, 12:55:06 PM »

I don't know if any of you remember but when Metallica released Garage Inc. they went to MTV studios. They chatted a little then they went to a stage in the back and played live a couple of the new songs.

I think that would be a great promotion, despite the piece of crap that MTV has become...
Yeah, then they could squeeze it in with the 10 minutes of 'music' they play between 3am and 6am... rofl

Would be a great idea if there was any hope/credibility left for MTV, though.

Just my opinion, but a walk-on with Stern, and a couple major market free-radio shows would have a much bigger effect.  I love the idea of a (pre)release day concert...but doesn't look possible.  We'll see soon enough. ok

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »

November 23rd is the plan.  The Patriots are on the road that day so I'll have all day to enjoy Chinese Democracy before kickoff.  I love going to games but I'd be slightly upset if I had to go tailgate that day and couldn't stay home and listen to CD on repeat.  Of course I could blast it while tailgating, but the people I go with don't appreciate GNR anywhere near the way I do.

Yes. I just saw the confirmation on MSN's website that November 23rd is the official release date and it's going to be a box set sold exclusively in Best Buy stores across America. They are also issuing Appetite for Destruction in its original vinyl form! Why did I get rid of my record player like 10 years ago! That would be so kick ass righteous since I totally grew up on vinyl.

The only thing is I hope this is for sure and November 23rd doesn't come and go but you better believe I will be at the store, as soon as they open and the disc better be mine. Do you think it will be hard to get?

Puking doesn't make me horny.
crazycheryl
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

Does anyone think this will be hard to get? Like we better be at the store when it opens or it will be sold out? Sorry I'm just a fan who thinks everyone in the world wants it. I need to make my plans now if you guys think it will sell out.

Puking doesn't make me horny.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: