Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 04:25:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Tracklist
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Tracklist  (Read 133445 times)
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #740 on: October 28, 2008, 06:00:57 AM »

Thanks, we don't need posters here with an agenda against the band.  peace

CD's got 10 out 14 potential hits/singles. I dont know Sorry, Scraped and This I Love, but we can be sure there will be no fillers in this album. ''Great art takes time''. Well said!  beer

This I Love is supposed to be pretty huge.    I also see this as one of those albums without filler, where every song is top quality.     Roll on Nov 23!

Yeah I remember reading interviews about that song. Axl called it his best. I'll see if I can find the sources.

http://www.gnrsource.com/songinfo/cd/thisilove.htm

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #741 on: October 28, 2008, 06:44:46 AM »

Well I decided to clean up a little after that troll....

I will not let some so called fans who have issues with GN'R releasing new material without their favorite members ruin these threads.

/jarmo

Good.  ok It's almost like some of those "fans" are trying to will this single to fail just because their favorite members have been gone from this band for over a decade.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #742 on: October 28, 2008, 07:31:01 AM »

The song I was most stoked to see on the tracklist was Catch In The Rye... I completely fell in love with that song when I heard it and was disappointed when everyone dismissed it to be on the 2nd or 3rd album, if at all. Very excited to hear it

N' stands for and, not in. Right? That means Rhiad N' the Bedouins and Catcher in the Rye.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
italysfinest1985
Rocker

Riding on the night train...

« Reply #743 on: October 28, 2008, 09:06:10 AM »

The tracklist seems incredible.

Guns N Roses Custom Reunion Trailer (Axl & Slash)
https://youtu.be/7NdNrNslYkU
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #744 on: October 28, 2008, 09:15:10 AM »

Well I decided to clean up a little after that troll....

I will not let some so called fans who have issues with GN'R releasing new material without their favorite members ruin these threads.

/jarmo

Good.  ok It's almost like some of those "fans" are trying to will this single to fail just because their favorite members have been gone from this band for over a decade.

geez people need get over it and move on

on topic:

i like the track list and im really happy the leaks we heard made it on the album
KillKurtzKids
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #745 on: October 28, 2008, 09:54:10 AM »

The only title worse than 'Street Of Dreams' would have been 'Stardust On My Feet'!

adman2374
Rocker

« Reply #746 on: October 28, 2008, 10:02:17 AM »

I'm very happy with the tracklist, but to be honest I would have loved to have seen Silkworms on there. I dig that song so much. Pumps me up

peace

Like Chris Pitman said, they're just waiting for the world to catch up with that song...

/jarmo

Well, I heard that too, but I view gnr as a band that pushes the envelope and leads and doesnt follow regarding musical styles. They do things on their own terms and don't put out music that just fits with the times. SW's is a great song and it would have been cool to get a studio version, but I guess we will have to wait for it.
Olorin
« Reply #747 on: October 28, 2008, 10:05:43 AM »

Street Of Dreams sounds nice, but to much of a mouthful for those used to calling it The Blues Grin I think they will be planning on releasing it as a single and thought it a good idea to tart up the name. I'm telling you, the chicks will dig it more than they would The Blues peace
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #748 on: October 28, 2008, 10:13:57 AM »

It really sounds like they have a lot of industrial stuff that they are saving back for a later album, which is really cool...

What are the other songs that we've heard that aren't on this cd besides Silkworms?

I really hope that isn't true. I hope Shackler's is the last experiment with industrial music. OMG is a great song, but I was hoping they'd end it there.

I hated OMG, but Shackler's is an amazing song. I respectfully disagree here.

Whatever happened to the bonus album/cd with all covers? I thought Axl stated in an old interview around 2000 that CD would include a bonus album of covers or a few "hidden" or extra tracks.
I was thinking that some of the old UYI live show covers would have been on there, e.g. Pink Floyd "Mother," Black Sabbath "It's Alright," Bob Dylan "Hurricane," CCR "Fortunate Son," etc.
Anyway, I think "We are Sailing" would be the perfect addition to CD or included on a bonus album. I think a polished, studio version of that song would blow the masses away, catch the mainstream attention, and make Gnr a household name again. It would really convert the people who miss the "melodic presence of Slash's weeping, crying, soulful, and bluesy" Les Paul. From the live versions I've heard, it had the old school, loose, anthemic, bluesy Gnr feel. They could also throw on The Doors' "Light My Fire" and James Brown's "I Feel Good"

Well, on the bright side, GN'R did release their cover of Sabbath's "It's Alright" on "Live Era: '87-'93".
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #749 on: October 28, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »

Street Of Dreams sounds nice, but to much of a mouthful for those used to calling it The Blues Grin I think they will be planning on releasing it as a single and thought it a good idea to tart up the name. I'm telling you, the chicks will dig it more than they would The Blues peace

We already have Shotgun Blues with the line "And then you tell me 'bout singin' the blues".

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #750 on: October 28, 2008, 11:10:17 AM »

I'm glad to see Rhiad there, I liked it very much when I first heard it in 2001. Then there were these rumours about the song getting cut from the album. Good to see it never happened!

But I would have liked The Blues to stay as The Blues (assuming that Street Of Dreams is The Blues), I think it's a great title.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #751 on: October 28, 2008, 11:36:04 AM »

The tracklist is great!

We get 14 finished songs.

3 of them we've never heard right?

I liked the Shackler's feel. I don't want an whole album of that, but from what I'm feeling and what I've read in the past, Axl probably has a full album worth of Shackler-esq songs ready, and I would be okay with it, but I'm sure he'll do 1 or 2 of them on a album.

Chinese Democracy starts now baby!

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
thomas
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #752 on: October 28, 2008, 02:13:01 PM »

The tracklist is great!

We get 14 finished songs.

3 of them we've never heard right?

I liked the Shackler's feel. I don't want an whole album of that, but from what I'm feeling and what I've read in the past, Axl probably has a full album worth of Shackler-esq songs ready, and I would be okay with it, but I'm sure he'll do 1 or 2 of them on a album.

Chinese Democracy starts now baby!

yes 3
snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #753 on: October 28, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »

jarmo or Fernando, could you please help me with a question?

we (members from perfectcrimgnr.com) are going to make some T-Shirts to celebrate the Chinese Democracy release.
We selected the layout, and in the back of the T-Shirt, we are gonna put the tracklist from the album, BUT, we are in doubt with two songs:
What is the right name of the songs:
RHiad AND the Bedouins   or   Riad N' the Bedouins
Catcher In The Rye   or   Catcher N' The Rye

The doubt appeared after the updates from BestBuy.

Thank you guys!  ok
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 08:00:26 PM by snascarella » Logged

"...Don?t you try to stop us now..."

Axl, you?re the best!
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #754 on: October 30, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »

I've just seen the news on CD coming out for the first time - talk about feeling unprepared!

AAAAAAAAAAHH!

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #755 on: October 30, 2008, 04:53:33 PM »

Next you'll be saying when they tour, as you've heard this stuff, you want CD2 and CD3 (or whatever they are called) fuck me, I'm stoked at this news, and have bought a new sound system on the strength of this, my house is gonna rock come the hour I get it.
beer

That's the attitude!

GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #756 on: October 30, 2008, 06:29:24 PM »

I'm glad to see Rhiad there, I liked it very much when I first heard it in 2001. Then there were these rumours about the song getting cut from the album. Good to see it never happened!

But I would have liked The Blues to stay as The Blues (assuming that Street Of Dreams is The Blues), I think it's a great title.

I think Riad will be one of the most underated songs on the album.  It's a awesome track.  Street Of Dreams is a better title, alot of people are gonna have a hard time not calling it The Blues.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #757 on: October 30, 2008, 06:41:48 PM »

I think Riad will be one of the most underated songs on the album.  It's a awesome track.  Street Of Dreams is a better title, alot of people are gonna have a hard time not calling it The Blues.
Us CD Vets can brag about how we've listened to this song when it was called The Blues for years before this new-fangled name came out.

I prefer the new name, The Blues was too generic for me and surely hundreds of artists have got a song with the same name?!

kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #758 on: October 31, 2008, 08:42:44 AM »

I prefer the new name, The Blues was too generic for me and surely hundreds of artists have got a song with the same name?!

Might be, but what about Street Of Dreams..? Not so unique either. But who really cares when the album is coming out Tongue

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
snascarella
Rocker

GNR: A new era has begun!

« Reply #759 on: October 31, 2008, 04:18:54 PM »

jarmo or Fernando, could you please help me with a question?

we (members from perfectcrimgnr.com) are going to make some T-Shirts to celebrate the Chinese Democracy release.
We selected the layout, and in the back of the T-Shirt, we are gonna put the tracklist from the album, BUT, we are in doubt with two songs:
What is the right name of the songs:
RHiad AND the Bedouins   or   Riad N' the Bedouins
Catcher In The Rye   or   Catcher N' The Rye

The doubt appeared after the updates from BestBuy.

Thank you guys!  ok

couldn?t you help me?!  Undecided

"...Don?t you try to stop us now..."

Axl, you?re the best!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: