Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:44:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227824 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Everything about Chinese Democracy - the track  (Read 279337 times)
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #1660 on: April 20, 2011, 06:56:04 AM »

After popping in this thread, I went back and listened to CD from Rio '01 - I'd forgotten how much it has changed! 

It was a cool song before, but way better now - sounds so much more powerful both on the album and live.  A great modern rock song, that sounds both contemporary and classic at the same time.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #1661 on: April 28, 2011, 06:38:26 PM »

After popping in this thread, I went back and listened to CD from Rio '01 - I'd forgotten how much it has changed! 

It was a cool song before, but way better now - sounds so much more powerful both on the album and live.  A great modern rock song, that sounds both contemporary and classic at the same time.

It did change an awful lot from 2001, didn't it?.  yes

Makes me wonder if it was more than just the songs evolution, but more of a situation where Axl decided he wanted to change the direction of the album. In 2001, it was widely rumoured that CD was going to be in an industrial direction, and songs like Oh My God, Silkworms and Rio's version of Chinese Democracy, all back up the theory that may have been true.

So with Chinese Democracy changing from an industrial feel to a more rock feel, does that also reflect Axl's change of mind in regards to the actual album style?.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 06:42:13 PM by One.In.A.Million » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: