Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:55:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  It Must Be An Overwhelming Feeling For Axl...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: It Must Be An Overwhelming Feeling For Axl...  (Read 12641 times)
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 11:13:36 AM »

Chinese Democracy and all that it has entailed(the making of it,contracts,promos,labels,lawsuits,etc) has been a part of Axls life for over a decade.

I wonder how Axl feels now that he has offically jumped back into the pool after all of this time. He is about to embark on the next part of his legacy. It must be a an overwhelming feeling for him.

Hopefully one day he tells us how he feels about all of this.

Do you guys think hes happy, nervous, relieved, etc on the day he released the first official single from his highly anticipated album?

I think he's happy, nervous and relieved hihi

ThatGuy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 11:16:59 AM »

I believe wholeheartedly that Axl is fully aware he is nearing a return to his rightful throne as rock music's greatest frontman of the past 20 years.   peace

imagine this, top rolled down, 4 pumps of l.a. looks in your hair, crusing down the highway, getting roadhead while jamming You Could Be Mine!
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »

I wanted to write a post like this some days ago, but you beat me to it. The feeling for Axl must be overwhelming indeed. For those of us who have followed him every step of the way, it is an overwhelming feeling, for Axl himself, having worked on this project for 14 years, tons of weight must be lifted off of his shoulders. It must be a very strange feeling for him to actually release this thing, Chinese Democracy has been Axl's baby since before the old band broke up, and a huge burden must now be lifted off his shoulders. I guess it must be an overwheling feeling of freedom and to finally get his due credit. And it's all more than well-deserved.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2008, 09:22:05 PM »

WE have his back.  ok
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2008, 10:53:29 AM »

"I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea.?

Was Axl right? Dam Skippy!

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2008, 11:27:16 AM »

I believe wholeheartedly that Axl is fully aware he is nearing a return to his rightful throne as rock music's greatest frontman of the past 20 years.   peace
he proved that in 2006.

"I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea.?

beer
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2008, 11:56:37 AM »

we actually agree on something? lol

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2008, 01:47:10 PM »

[i]"I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea.?[/i]

When was this said?

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2008, 03:35:24 PM »

[i]"I'd say my parole is nearly over. I'm practically a free man and if you don't like it you'll have plenty of time to get used to the idea.?[/i]

When was this said?

press release from like hong kong wasn't it?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2008, 05:15:02 PM »

august 2002

Axlover
Opening Act

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2008, 12:11:46 AM »

I love this thread! Everyone showing so much love for Axl! It's so nice to see the appreciation rather than complaining. I hope he reads all this and feels the love and respect that everyone is showing! As for myself, I couldn't be happier for him, but this is only the beginning. More work to come when he tours. I'm sure that is very tiring and stressful in itself. I want Axl to know how much I've anticipated seeing him on tour again. I didn't get to go to any of the recent concerts. I've only seen GNR once when I was a teen, and I cannot WAIT to see him tour this time! I have SO much respect and adoration for that man it is hard to put into words!
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2008, 04:49:24 AM »

I'm pretty confident he'll be too busy to suffer from post partum depression.  ok
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2008, 05:09:54 AM »

Im looking forward to Axl being back in the media eye again for all the right reasons,
and to see him enjoying the praise and attention from his album,

I will also love to see how he deals with everyones opinions on the album, both good and bad.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2008, 03:39:47 AM »

Bravo !

This bit of a song comes back to my mind ( properllerheads feat.shirley bassey)

"The word is about
there's something evolving
but they don't know if it's coming or going
They say the next big thing is here
That's the revolution's near
But to me it seems quite clear

That it's just a little bit of history repeating....."

Nothing to say
TWT
Rocker

GNR's next lead guitarist

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2008, 05:07:00 AM »

I'm getting a feeling of far too much negativity over here in the UK. AC/DC and Metallica recently released fairly shitty albums and went to No.1 and received a bit of a nostalgic boost. All I'm seeing about CD is 'fake GNR'. There's just not that feeling of 'they're back' with GNR, and of course technically they're not. I know Axl will have become accustomed to being slagged off over the last 21 years, but he's left himself an easy target and there are too many people who won't rest until they can say that CD was a disaster. We've already seen stuff like that Guardian 'review'. Axl has put to much into this to want to have to put up with that kind of shit.

Axl has managed to build this incredible myth over the last decade, now I fear it's all going to crumble down around him in a matter of weeks and we can forget about EVER hearing the second and third albums in any official capacity.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2008, 05:30:12 AM »

well seeing as GnR in 206 put together a 5 city arena tour in the UK, I don't think UK will be a problem market.  Forget Radio 1 - its aimed at sub 25 year olds whereas Guns main market is older than that...  Dj Chris Evans gave it the thumbs up, as did his listeners - and thats the core.  These are people who are less likely to have time to write on blogs, text in - they have busier lives, families etc and don;t live 24/7 on the net/texting their mates/ being on myspace etc ... 

And any how - when the album hits I am confident the music will override the negative stuff - many people will take their opinions for reviews such as rolling stone magazine etc -
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: