Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:49:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  BUY Product
| | |-+  rocket91queen's foot-soldiering
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: rocket91queen's foot-soldiering  (Read 3119 times)
rocket91queen
Opening Act

Opening Act my ass! I've been here since '98. Don't damn me!

« on: October 24, 2008, 01:46:40 PM »

Hello my G n' R brothers and sisters. Long time, no post. I have a 58-member mailing list, and I used it today to spread the word. I hope you enjoy my effort:

The subject of the e-mail was:  not the "Symphony Of Dissonnance," but...

Hello to my loyal readers. Please pass the following on to whomever you deem fit or appreciative:

No, Listers, this is not my oft-promised, oft-referenced "Symphony Of Dissonance," but the following link is 15 years in the making:

http://web.gunsnroses.com/splash.jsp

And since this simpler one isn't working at the moment (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp), here's another decade-and-a-half-er:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&id=pcat17071&type=page&ks=960&st=GunsNRoses_ChineseDemocracy&sc=Global&cp=1&sp=-streetdate+skuid&qp=crootcategoryid%23%23-1%23%23-1%7E%7Eq47756e734e526f7365735f4368696e65736544656d6f6372616379%7E%7Enccat02001%23%230%23%236&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

For some unofficial lyrics of the title track (which, Jarmo, appear to need an updating):

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/releases/chinese-democracy/chinese-democracy.html

To my 58 dear recipients,

I'm tempted to leave it there and let the next 29 days play out, but please grant me a few more sentences of your time.

I have heard, in one form or another, 11 of the 14 tracks of "Chinese Democracy." Just the other day I was nearly brought to tears upon first listen of the 11th one to have graced my eardrums.

Notice that I didn't name the track; I don't want to prejudice you to a particular song nor encourage more downloading. Hypocritical? Depends on how you look at it. I've known for 15 years that I would always buy Axl's next cd, no matter how long it took, how shaky the prospects looked that we'd ever see "Chinese Democracy," or how much shit the press gave this much-troubled project.

Every new note/lyric that has passed my way these many years has confirmed my belief that this cd was worth waiting a little more for...and a little more...and a lot more...

So, maybe I should give you all a 2nd course (provided you've tasted the appetizer in the first link), thereby making "Chinese Democracy" even more enticing to you.

Well, I won't. Instead, this:

Nearly 16 years ago songs like "Breakdown," "Estranged," and "Coma" helped save my life, literally.

For the better part of 2 years (Fall 1992 to Spring 1994) I contemplated suicide on a nightly basis.

Being a bottler of emotions that I was back then, as opposed to the open book I am today (a change which was catalyzed by a nervous breakdown), my only source of solace was the fact that some dude who lived 3000 miles away--whom I'd probably never meet--had been thru times at least as tormenting, had decided not to "pull a Cobain" as I've taken to calling it, and had reached the top of his chosen profession.

So, if Axl could not only survive his hell, but thrive, I surmised that I could one day escape "The Theresa Situation," shake off the lesser stressors of my high school experience, land at a great college, get my PhD in biochemistry/molecular biology/genetic engineering, spend my life in the tireless pursuit of knowledge, and with a little luck add to the body of human knowledge...

[[[[    "Oh, I saw the damage in you..."    ]]]]

----Guns n' Roses, 2008

(Sorry for the lyrical aside. I have the 3 newest-to-me songs on repeat and the aforementioned one is currently testing my tear ducts. Anyway...where was I? Oh, yeah, "body of human knowledge...")

Skipping the 10+ years since that plan imploded as my mind crumbled under the pressure of having kept such darkness so quiet for far too long...

Whether or not my life proves to have been worth saving, I have experienced the power of music to save lives, which is why I usually take offense when people deride "dark" music, from Eminem to Emo, and everything within and without that spectrum, because when you diminish "harsh," "scary," "negative," music you're risking stamping out the one flame keeping some troubled kid from going off the cliff.

Yes, I have a "Catcher In The Rye-Complex", as I've dubbed it. And it just so happens that Axl has named a song on "Chinese Democracy" after J.D. Salinger's classic novel. Ah, did you see what I just did? Now, that's good writing.

[[[[   "Oh, I got a message for you
Up and away's what I've got to do
Give what you have
What you might lose

What would you say if I told you that I'm to blame
And what would you do if I had to deny your name
Where would you go if I told you I love you and then walked away, oh yeah
Who should I tell now if not for the ones that you could not save"    ]]]]

----Guns n' Roses, 2008

So, there's another glance at one of the shadows of my story.

I've done what I can to disabuse you of your preconceived notions of what "Guns n' Roses" was/is, or whatever snap judgements you might've made based upon a long ago hairstyle, unconventional lifestyle, rumor, or occasional riot. The clich?d line is begging: insanity/genius.

I hope I have not failed and that on November 23rd you will make the not-so-insane choice to part with 14 bucks for the opportunity to experience musical genius.

As sincere as I can be,

Anthony

PS    Oh, and remember on November 4th: DON'T VOTE.

PPS    Brief non-G n' R personal note: I may have some significant, pragmatic, solid news in terms of that whole "as-yet-putative-endeavor" of mine in the coming weeks.

PPPS    Brief non-G n' R personal note #2: The "Symphony Of Dissonance" collects dust, but will eventually be unveiled.

PPPPS    To reiterate for point of emphasis: Please pass the preceding on to whomever you deem fit or appreciative.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com

http://www.myspace.com/rocket91queen

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/rocket91queen/

If we ever find it's true
That we have the strength to choose
The freedom or the chains
We held together (W. Axl Rose)

What this means to me is more than I know you believe
What I?ve found is you know it has cost more than it should for me
What I thought was true before, the lies I couldn?t see
What I thought was beautiful is all in memories (Axl)

'Cause I see the storm getting closer
And the waves they get so high
Seems everything we've ever known's here
Why must it drift away and die (Axl)

Be it a song or casual conversation
To hold my tongue speaks
Of quiet reservations
Your words once heard
They can place you in a faction
My words may disturb
But at least it's a reaction (Axl/Slash/Lank)
rocket91queen
Opening Act

Opening Act my ass! I've been here since '98. Don't damn me!

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2008, 03:00:12 PM »

I apologize for posting in the general section. I wasn't trying to promote/sell anything of my own, just trying to entertain and help the cause we've all probably devoted an unhealthy amount of time to.  Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: