Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 12:06:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This I Love - discussion/comments
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This I Love - discussion/comments  (Read 173822 times)
fito_gnr
Headliner

« Reply #440 on: January 12, 2009, 11:45:25 PM »

the guitar solo is brilliant, I just love this song. so emotional. everybody I know likes this song. I introduce the song to them as: man you won't believe it but axl in has a better song than November Rain in the new record,  nobody believes me till they hear it...

?it?s a fire you can?t stop it?s ROCK N?ROLL?
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #441 on: January 13, 2009, 05:44:16 AM »

This I Love will be the song that carries the album. I was driving the other night and turned it up. And it hit me how great this song really is. WHo on the radio has a song like this out right now? No one. Its a modern day ballad. But Unique.

I firmly believe that if the band has their act together when/if they release this as a single down the road this will be the song that breaks the wall. By that I mean this band better have a video lined up with its release as well.

This song can be played on 3 of the countrys biggest and most influential radio stations here in NY.

Krock
Q104.3(havnt been able to play new gnr yet)
and the wildcard....

Z100

If this song hits on those last 2 stations then this album will sky rocket in sales.

I really hope they release this song as a single. We as a fanbase are gonna bombard q104 and z100 if they do.

I totally agree! This song may not be a rocker but lets face it. Its the ballads that have been getting rock bands noticed all these years. This song could really get this cd rolling in a big way!! Thats why I am the idiot that started the the thread at that other board to get people to request it on the radio. Of course I got mostly negitave comments. People can get shit played on the radio still, if they fight for it. So I still think we should be contacting stations esp. top 40 type stations. This song can compete with that shit they are playing. Hell people are starving for music like this!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Annie
« Reply #442 on: January 13, 2009, 02:20:24 PM »

1. Cost  of all 4 TWILIGHT saga books $45.
2. Cost of TWILIGHT movie soundtrack $13.
3. Slash's annoyance at the possibility of a beautiful new GNR song being associated with a chick flick:PRICELESS!

Women and girls fall in love with Edward Cullen because he is so romantic. I remember reading an article about an interview with BETA where she talks about how romantic Axl is when he is really in love. I found an old copy of PEOPLE magazine the other day. Inside was the review of CHINESE DEMOCRACY. When I turned the page, on the other side was a review of the TWILIGHT soundtrack. It was just a strange little synchronicity.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 02:25:35 PM by Annie » Logged
MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #443 on: January 13, 2009, 03:21:39 PM »

Women and girls fall in love with Edward Cullen because he is so romantic. I remember reading an article about an interview with BETA where she talks about how romantic Axl is when he is really in love. I found an old copy of PEOPLE magazine the other day. Inside was the review of CHINESE DEMOCRACY. When I turned the page, on the other side was a review of the TWILIGHT soundtrack. It was just a strange little synchronicity.

Wow, yeah, magic's in the air
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #444 on: January 13, 2009, 03:46:58 PM »

cos both are immortal. Or maybe they were released synchronously....

Thats why I am the idiot that started the the thread at that other board to get people to request it on the radio. Of course I got mostly negitave comments. People can get shit played on the radio still, if they fight for it. So I still think we should be contacting stations esp. top 40 type stations.

totally. altho for now I'd rather get better aired first.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #445 on: January 13, 2009, 03:52:12 PM »

Thats why I am the idiot that started the the thread at that other board to get people to request it on the radio. Of course I got mostly negitave comments. People can get shit played on the radio still, if they fight for it. So I still think we should be contacting stations esp. top 40 type stations. This song can compete with that shit they are playing. Hell people are starving for music like this!
save your enthusiasm for down the road. lets wait and see if they release the song as a single first. Let Better run its course and then we will see when/if they chose TIL as the next single or down the road.

But when they do, we have to do our best to push this song. Especially with q104.3 and Z100. The album will soar thru the roof. Trust me

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #446 on: January 13, 2009, 04:04:06 PM »

after seeing "Twilight" this would absolutley have been perfect in that movie.

Surely GNR know that this is the "ONE" single that could really elevate CD.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #447 on: January 13, 2009, 04:13:25 PM »

after seeing "Twilight" this would absolutley have been perfect in that movie.

Surely GNR know that this is the "ONE" single that could really elevate CD.

I completely agree.It would have been perfect. So perfect.  They have to know.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
Annie
« Reply #448 on: January 13, 2009, 06:09:29 PM »

You never really know for sure!The TWILIGHT movie did come out 2 days before CHINESE DEMOCRACY and they both rocked my world! TIL fits NEW MOON even better than TWILIGHT. If Mickey Rourke wins the Oscar he will most definitely thank Axl again, and that would be the perfect time to approach the movie studio!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 06:17:45 PM by Annie » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #449 on: January 13, 2009, 06:55:11 PM »

This is definitely a song that could have an epic video and really bring GNR to the forefront.

I hope they do release this as the ballad and not SOD or something else.

MoonMax
Headliner

Moon Travel Free Of Charge!

« Reply #450 on: January 13, 2009, 07:03:38 PM »

You never really know for sure!The TWILIGHT movie did come out 2 days before CHINESE DEMOCRACY and they both rocked my world! TIL fits NEW MOON even better than TWILIGHT. If Mickey Rourke wins the Oscar he will most definitely thank Axl again, and that would be the perfect time to approach the movie studio!

I just can't believe that you guys are talking this seriously. I don't want to fight or get you offended, but I seriously hope, that this song will never be reliesed as a single or appear in any movie. It's nice to have such song, such different song on the album, but let's leave it this way.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #451 on: January 13, 2009, 07:06:52 PM »

I am saying if they do release a ballad, I feel this is the best ballad not named "Sorry" but I'm not sure u can call Sorry a ballad.

Have This I love  with a Don't Cry type video. it would be golden.

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #452 on: January 13, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »

I don't get the above post regarding not releasing it as a single.  I understand not associating it with the Twilight movie, or whatever, but "leave it this way?"  What?  Why not release one of the best songs on the album as a single?  It's a great idea, and Gn'R has always been best known for the ballad/ballad-ey type songs.

Edit: Post above D's, I mean

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #453 on: January 13, 2009, 07:08:06 PM »

I don't get the above post regarding not releasing it as a single.  I understand not associating it with the Twilight movie, or whatever, but "leave it this way?"  What?  Why not release one of the best songs on the album as a single?  It's a great idea, and Gn'R has always been best known for the ballad/ballad-ey type songs.

Edit: Post above D's, I mean

Same post at the same time OWNED!

Yeah I agree, This for me has the most potential as a single.

hardcore will like it, the kids will like it, the girls will love it and the soccer moms would eat this shit up.

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #454 on: January 13, 2009, 07:12:10 PM »

Yeah I agree, This for me has the most potential as a single.

hardcore will like it, the kids will like it, the girls will love it and the soccer moms would eat this shit up.

Exactly!  I think people will be stunned when they hear it.  It's not like November Rain wasn't totally unique when it came out, or Stairway to Heaven for that matter.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Annie
« Reply #455 on: January 13, 2009, 07:17:40 PM »

I just can't believe that you guys are talking this seriously. I don't want to fight or get you offended, but I seriously hope, that this song will never be reliesed as a single or appear in any movie. It's nice to have such song, such different song on the album, but let's leave it this way.
Why don't you want one of the greatest love songs of all time to not get any recognition? And like I said before, if this song were featured in a movie, I think Axl would be nominated for an Academy Award.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2009, 07:20:11 PM by Annie » Logged
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #456 on: January 13, 2009, 07:57:31 PM »

i can't even begin to express what this song has done for my personal growth & relationship. i've been with the same girl now for years and have always wanted to find the perfect song that i could claim to be "ours".  when i heard this song for the first time, i felt as if axl had written this song specifically for me to give to her. i've always been the type of guy who's had difficulties in expressing his feelings - and crying certainly wasnt something that i felt comfortable doing. especially in front of Mona (thats her name).

anyway, for months, prior to the album's release, we were going through alot of personal problems. the problems escalated to such an extent that we began discussing breaking up. she's been telling me for years that she wished i could be more open & expressive when it comes to my feelings. i wont get into all the details, but we were about as close to a split as one could come. a couple days after the album release, i had her over to the house. i made us a really nice candle lit dinner and had the album playing pretty low in the background. after dinner, i asked her to come and sit on the couch with me, mentioning that there was a song that i wanted her to hear. even though it was only her first listen, i could immediately tell the impact this song had on her. she had this amazingly sincere - almost lost -  look in her eyes. before the song had even ended, i noticed a tear begin to run down her cheek. without going into too much more detail, we sat on that couch embraced for what seemed to be hours. that was the first time i had ever cried in front of her. i honestly believe if it wasn't for this song, we wouldn't be together now. thank you more than you know, axl.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #457 on: January 13, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »

i can't even begin to express what this song has done for my personal growth & relationship. i've been with the same girl now for years and have always wanted to find the perfect song that i could claim to be "ours".  when i heard this song for the first time, i felt as if axl had written this song specifically for me to give to her. i've always been the type of guy who's had difficulties in expressing his feelings - and crying certainly wasnt something that i felt comfortable doing. especially in front of Mona (thats her name).

anyway, for months, prior to the album's release, we were going through alot of personal problems. the problems escalated to such an extent that we began discussing breaking up. she's been telling me for years that she wished i could be more open & expressive when it comes to my feelings. i wont get into all the details, but we were about as close to a split as one could come. a couple days after the album release, i had her over to the house. i made us a really nice candle lit dinner and had the album playing pretty low in the background. after dinner, i asked her to come and sit on the couch with me, mentioning that there was a song that i wanted her to hear. even though it was only her first listen, i could immediately tell the impact this song had on her. she had this amazingly sincere - almost lost -  look in her eyes. before the song had even ended, i noticed a tear begin to run down her cheek. without going into too much more detail, we sat on that couch embraced for what seemed to be hours. that was the first time i had ever cried in front of her. i honestly believe if it wasn't for this song, we wouldn't be together now. thank you more than you know, axl.

Thats a great story. Thanks for sharing.

Estranged over the last 15 years has got me through all sorts of heartbreaks and depressions.

I even coined it my "estranged" mood when I gotta run put that song on.

TIL I can see having that impact on others.

If I were in a different less happy situation, that would absolutely be my favorite song.

Annie
« Reply #458 on: January 13, 2009, 08:07:30 PM »

That is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing!
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #459 on: January 13, 2009, 08:41:44 PM »

That is great.  I hope Axl can somehow read this so he can get an example of deeply his music can affect people.

Ali
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: