Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 07:42:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227995 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  This I Love - discussion/comments
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: This I Love - discussion/comments  (Read 173809 times)
Annie
« Reply #520 on: February 22, 2009, 12:41:01 PM »

"I hope to God she hears me"

"Please God you must believe  me"

it just shows how Axl grows in hes believes and as a human being and he express himself in this song, I think having God as ur guide and support is a mature way to live ur life (is just my opinion). Im happy to see Axl trusts God.
of course he trusts himself  Wink
I love it! I was joking on Axl's Bday, I like to give out gifts to worthy people to celebrate the day, that his Bday is only second to JC's! hihi
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #521 on: February 22, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »

if you don't like god how about

'i hope to Barack'

'please Barack you must believe me'

Heh, regardless, there are other ways of expressing such sentiment without bringing a god into it. In fact, talking to a god is just the easy way. There is energy in the universe that is real that if explored can be as reassuring as what having hope in a god is. Again it is just not the easy way. But, its real.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #522 on: February 22, 2009, 12:58:16 PM »

yeah baby! JC and Axl fuckin rules! ok
Annie
« Reply #523 on: February 22, 2009, 01:08:50 PM »

yeah baby! JC and Axl fuckin rules! ok
Music of ALW, JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR! One of the all time great rock musicals! Ted Neely's performance was so awesome last year, that I thought I was in the presence of God! It truly brought a tear to my eye.
seely
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #524 on: February 22, 2009, 01:41:48 PM »

if you don't like god how about

'i hope to Barack'

'please Barack you must believe me'

hihi hihi hihi

It's just a song though, i think we're forgetting that. Using the term 'god' just gives the lyrics a more emotional and desperate feeling IMO
It's just a song, not a political or religious statement......
I'm 100% atheist and still think that line is cool

(\__/)
(O.o )
( > < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny and this attached message into your signature to help him on his quest for world domination.

----------------------------------------------------
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #525 on: February 22, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »

Heh, regardless, there are other ways of expressing such sentiment without bringing a god into it. In fact, talking to a god is just the easy way. There is energy in the universe that is real that if explored can be as reassuring as what having hope in a god is. Again it is just not the easy way. But, its real.

that would emasculate the energy of the lyrics. hihi

btw,
George Lucas, the creator of the Star Wars films, has attributed the origins of "The Force" to the 1963 Arthur Lipsett abstract film 21-87 which used samples from many sources.

"One of the audio sources Lipsett sampled for 21-87 [a film that had a great influence on Lucas] was a conversation between artificial intelligence pioneer Warren S. McCulloch and Roman Kroitor , a cinematographer who went on to develop IMAX. In the face of McCulloch's arguments that living beings are nothing but highly complex machines, Kroitor insists that there is something more: 'Many people feel that in the contemplation of nature and in communication with other living things, they become aware of some kind of force, or something, behind this apparent mask which we see in front of us, and they call it God.'"

"When asked if this was the source of "the Force," Lucas confirms that his use of the term in Star Wars was 'an echo of that phrase in 21-87.'"
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.05/lucas.html?pg=3&topic=lucas&topic_set=%20Life%20After%20Darth
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #526 on: February 22, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »

that would emasculate the energy of the lyrics. hihi

btw,
George Lucas, the creator of the Star Wars films, has attributed the origins of "The Force" to the 1963 Arthur Lipsett abstract film 21-87 which used samples from many sources.

"One of the audio sources Lipsett sampled for 21-87 [a film that had a great influence on Lucas] was a conversation between artificial intelligence pioneer Warren S. McCulloch and Roman Kroitor , a cinematographer who went on to develop IMAX. In the face of McCulloch's arguments that living beings are nothing but highly complex machines, Kroitor insists that there is something more: 'Many people feel that in the contemplation of nature and in communication with other living things, they become aware of some kind of force, or something, behind this apparent mask which we see in front of us, and they call it God.'"

"When asked if this was the source of "the Force," Lucas confirms that his use of the term in Star Wars was 'an echo of that phrase in 21-87.'"
http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.05/lucas.html?pg=3&topic=lucas&topic_set=%20Life%20After%20Darth

That is actually very interesting. There is obviously very interesting biblical parallels to things in Star Wars. I never heard this concerning 21-87 but it makes sense. Alright party people, I'll move on.

White-Rider
Banned
Opening Act

-*H.1M0.W.*-

« Reply #527 on: February 22, 2009, 03:23:56 PM »

NOW things are in the move! ok

Right on BUDDHA. yes

"In a World of universal Lie telling the Truth is a Revolutionary Act." - * George Orwell * -
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #528 on: February 22, 2009, 03:42:55 PM »

I enjoyed the discussion a lot Buddha_Master.  Cheesy

another side note,
I read that when Trent toured asia immediately after he said god bless you or something to the crowd he was bewildered, realising the fact that their god might not be the same one to his.

Their god, or ours, Buddha or Allah or whatever same difference, they're different names of 'the force' according to star wars.

CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #529 on: February 22, 2009, 04:00:09 PM »

another side note,
I read that when Trent toured asia immediately after he said god bless you or something to the crowd he was bewildered, realising the fact that their god might not be the same one to his.

Their god, or ours, Buddha or Allah or whatever same difference, they're different names of 'the force' according to star wars.

buddha aint no god though
Annie
« Reply #530 on: February 23, 2009, 01:00:51 AM »

another side note,

Budda, how would you feel about AXL ROSE SUPERSTAR?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #531 on: February 23, 2009, 01:10:49 AM »

another side note,

That could be said about any of them. You ever consider that maybe we are all god? And if that statement is true, then your statement about Buddha being no god is false. Of course there is no evidence that Buddha, the God of Abraham, or Jesus of Nazareth actually existed at all, so all this might be for nothing anyway. Well, except my own points of course.

Axl Rose Superstar.

Look, Axl rules all but, ... yikes!

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #532 on: February 23, 2009, 10:13:28 AM »

Axl Rose Superstar.

word. I agree that it's a great rock musical with good tunes but I can't see axl acting in a musical at theatres.

plus I think there're reasons the words are not  'i hope to jesus'

'please jesus you must believe me'

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #533 on: February 23, 2009, 10:51:15 AM »

Hey ppbebe.

I must have blacked out. That story about Trent being bewildered realizing in this other country that their god wasn't his own. Trent is religious? Really? I mean... really?! I never in a million years would have thought of all people Trent fucking Reznor is religious. You sure you have this right? I mean this is the dude whose own songs are very very anti faith and expose much of the hypocrisies of god and religion. I could offer lots of examples, if needed but, I am sure you already know. So how is this possible. Honestly I really dig NIN. I think their recent Year Zero is a fantastic album and vision of a possible future. And it is again very anti-faith. Shit, this kind of fucks me up a bit if true.

And hey man, I have totally enjoyed this discussion.

Annie
« Reply #534 on: February 23, 2009, 12:34:33 PM »

Axl Rose Superstar.

word. I agree that it's a great rock musical with good tunes but I can't see axl acting in a musical at theatres.

I was teasing Buddha about not believing in God, not about Axl being in a musical. We all know that Axl is a rock god!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 12:36:12 PM by Annie » Logged
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #535 on: February 23, 2009, 01:17:54 PM »

Axl Rose Superstar.

I was teasing Buddha about not believing in God, not about Axl being in a musical. We all know that Axl is a rock god!

Or some sort of holy figure....

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #536 on: February 23, 2009, 01:48:18 PM »

I'd say axl is humane than god. Undecided

Hey ppbebe.

I must have blacked out. That story about Trent being bewildered realizing in this other country that their god wasn't his own. Trent is religious? Really? I mean... really?! I never in a million years would have thought of all people Trent fucking Reznor is religious. You sure you have this right? I mean this is the dude whose own songs are very very anti faith and expose much of the hypocrisies of god and religion. I could offer lots of examples, if needed but, I am sure you already know. So how is this possible. Honestly I really dig NIN. I think their recent Year Zero is a fantastic album and vision of a possible future. And it is again very anti-faith. Shit, this kind of fucks me up a bit if true.

And hey man, I have totally enjoyed this discussion.

From the west to the east I have flown to be near you
I have come all this way to be close, to be here with you

And then the thought suddenly gave him an immeasurably deep sense of isolation or something like that.
I read it somewhere, maybe I shouldn't have mentioned it as I forgot where.

Na that doesn't mean he's religious. When he sings 'you get me closer to god', he's still referring to a god which could be totally different from what fans with different cultural background think of with 'god'. In this sense there are his god and their god.

And yet music transcends the difference.
Annie
« Reply #537 on: February 23, 2009, 06:31:29 PM »

Axl Rose Superstar.

Or some sort of holy figure....

Buddha, how can you not believe in God when he gave us Axl Rose?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #538 on: February 23, 2009, 06:34:32 PM »

Listened to this a few times today.

I absolutely love the emotion in this song

one of my favorite parts is after the first chorus, when the orchestration hits and Axl does that piano run that fits so perfectly with the orchestra.

Then the flutes doing their run while Axl is singing is great.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #539 on: February 24, 2009, 04:02:14 PM »

Listened to this a few times today.

I absolutely love the emotion in this song

one of my favorite parts is after the first chorus, when the orchestration hits and Axl does that piano run that fits so perfectly with the orchestra.

Then the flutes doing their run while Axl is singing is great.

I've been listening to this more then any other track lately. It just gets better with each listen. And I know I've said it 1000 times but Robin's solo is fucking incredible.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: