Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:11:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl Rose's Most Amazing MTV Moments
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl Rose's Most Amazing MTV Moments  (Read 3929 times)
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« on: November 19, 2008, 01:07:07 PM »

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1599694/20081118/guns_n_roses.jhtml

An interesting trip down memory lane

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 01:17:44 PM »

Dont bother clicking the videos if you are outside the US. They are pulling that bullshit again.

html sucks
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 01:20:35 PM »

Dont bother clicking the videos if you are outside the US. They are pulling that bullshit again.

Shit!!....the video is the best part.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 01:25:49 PM »

I'm sure I should probably know this, but did Axl & Vince Neil ever "make up?" 
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 01:27:05 PM »

I'm sure I should probably know this, but did Axl & Vince Neil ever "make up?" 

HELL NO!!!!

Axl would never make up with that fat bitch! Fuck Vince Neil... he's a joke.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 01:30:00 PM »

I don't disagree, but I was just wondering.  Ya know, time heals all wounds.

I'm sure they both must look back at those clips and laugh.  The youth & immaturity alone. 

Could you imagine a pair of 47 year old rockstars meeting up for a fight in order to resolve their issues???   confused
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »

I'm sure they both must look back at those clips and laugh.  The youth & immaturity alone. 

Could you imagine a pair of 47 year old rockstars meeting up for a fight in order to resolve their issues???   confused

I saw Motley on Larry King Live this past summer and Vince actually said something to that effect when asked about Axl.  He said it would be like still holding a grudge against someone you got into a fight on the playground with in elementary school.  He actually handled the question very well.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 01:37:27 PM »

I saw Motley on Larry King Live this past summer and Vince actually said something to that effect when asked about Axl.  He said it would be like still holding a grudge against someone you got into a fight on the playground with in elementary school.  He actually handled the question very well.
Seconded.

html sucks
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 01:38:15 PM »

I think it goes beyond that. Vince sucker-punched Izzy. Then ran his mouth off... he deserves a good ass whooping. Will Axl give it to him?? No, prob not. But I'm sure Axl wouldn't turn down the opportunity.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2008, 01:42:33 PM »

jesus christ.  what's with mtv?  they'd almost written a nice, bias free article... until the end.  why does everyone trash the 2k2 vma's?  sure, axl's voice was a little off, but his energy was incredible.  bucket shredded like there was no tomorrow.  it was a great performance in its own way.  but even if this asshole didn't like it, maybe he shouldn't have written about it in this article.  remember the saying?  if you cant say something nice, shut the fuck up!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2008, 01:45:49 PM »

I think it goes beyond that. Vince sucker-punched Izzy. Then ran his mouth off... he deserves a good ass whooping. Will Axl give it to him?? No, prob not. But I'm sure Axl wouldn't turn down the opportunity.

Because Izzy was being a cunt to him! Theres two sides to every story. Go read Motley Crues biography on it.

html sucks
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2008, 01:47:16 PM »

jesus christ.  what's with mtv?  they'd almost written a nice, bias free article... until the end.  why does everyone trash the 2k2 vma's?  sure, axl's voice was a little off, but his energy was incredible.  bucket shredded like there was no tomorrow.  it was a great performance in its own way.  but even if this asshole didn't like it, maybe he shouldn't have written about it in this article.  remember the saying?  if you cant say something nice, shut the fuck up!

it is what it is. it wasn't a great performance. it was disappointing. he's a "journalist" and has the right to write what he wants. we're in the USA remember??? 1st Amendment rights...

everyone has a opinion. good or bad. right or wrong. it doesn't bother me... it doesn't change my mind about things.

HUMOR = Negative Karma
torzt
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2008, 01:48:18 PM »

video worked fine in Norway

Im fucking innocent!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2008, 01:48:47 PM »

Because Izzy was being a cunt to him! Theres two sides to every story. Go read Motley Crues biography on it.

so Izzy was hitting on one of their chicks... shit happens. but you don't sucker punch someone at an awards show. I wouldn't be surprised if Izzy didn't know she was "taken"...

HUMOR = Negative Karma
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 01:57:15 PM »

video worked fine in Norway

In Brazil too

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Lucs
Almost Belgian
Rocker

IT FINALLY WORKED !!!

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2008, 02:02:24 PM »

Video worked fine for me too ! Really cool article and video ! Thanks for posting it !

michaelrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2008, 02:12:35 PM »

"when Rose passed on our requests for an interview in support of Chinese Democracy" haha that is great. That seems to go against conventional wisdom, but he does things his way and that's why we love him.

Your words once spoken can place you in a faction

Chicago 2002, 2011, 2016
Nashville 2016
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2008, 02:19:07 PM »

They forgot: 2006, Axl makes an ass of himself introducing the Killers' performance at VMAs with a squeal of "You know where you are?"  hihi
GunnerOne 84
VIP

Welcome Back To The Jungle

« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2008, 02:23:20 PM »

"when Rose passed on our requests for an interview in support of Chinese Democracy" haha that is great. That seems to go against conventional wisdom, but he does things his way and that's why we love him.

I guess.

I'd rather him let us know he is still alive and knows this is coming out.

Nothing Lasts Forever, And We Both Know Hearts Can Change
Shaggins13
Headliner

« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2008, 02:23:49 PM »

Seriously?  Other than the "shock" of seeing Axl & the new band, there was little good in that performance.  Axl's voice was not (in my opinion but I am sure most of the members here would agree) just "a little off" - it was horrendous.  I remember feeling embarassed for him.  Obviously, he's worked his ass off getting things back together - both in shape and in his voice - and is now as strong as ever!
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: