Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:41:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Favorite track on Chinese Democracy?
Poll
Question: Favorite track on Chinese Democracy?
01 - Chinese Democracy - 18 (2.3%)
02 - Shackler's Revenge - 23 (3%)
03 - Better - 75 (9.6%)
04 - Street Of Dreams - 41 (5.3%)
05 - If The World - 15 (1.9%)
06 - There Was A Time - 117 (15%)
07 - Catcher In The Rye - 52 (6.7%)
08 - Scraped - 13 (1.7%)
09 - Riad N' The Bedouins - 8 (1%)
10 - Sorry - 101 (13%)
11 - I.R.S. - 23 (3%)
12 - Madagascar - 30 (3.9%)
13 - This I Love - 148 (19%)
14 - Prostitute - 75 (9.6%)
Can't say - 40 (5.1%)
Total Voters: 742

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Favorite track on Chinese Democracy?  (Read 224960 times)
jimislim
Opening Act

« Reply #260 on: October 23, 2011, 10:59:23 PM »

Prostitute would be my #1.. what an incredible song, too bad it's hardly ever played live..  the ending outro is incredible, sometimes i play it back over again..

honorable mentions would be Better, just a rockin song, never gets old even after the leak.  Sorry is really starting to grow on me, TWAT is incredible also.

I'm not sure why I can't get into TIL, I always skip over that one..
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #261 on: October 27, 2011, 05:14:59 PM »

"Prostitute" absolutely floors me everytime I hear it. I have no problem at all saying IMHO that it's the greatest Guns N' Roses track ever released (new or old)- and I LOVED the original band as well. To me it's all the power of "Estranged" (my 2nd favorite all-time Guns song) - just more streamlined and impactful. Incredible, incredible track.

Lots of other great songs on CD too- including "This I Love" (which makes for an all-time classic album outro double with "Prostitute"), "Rhiad" (Rolling Stone's: "Led Zeppelin's Physical Graffiti remixed by Trent Reznor" line fits best here IMHO) and "Better" (classic Guns' pop meets sonic attitude).

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
gnr85
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2011, 07:15:55 PM »

Prostitute has became my fave song off CD overtaking Better hihi peace

It Tastes Good Don't It?
Slashrose
Rocker

Twitter - @sonicmonstersk8

« Reply #263 on: December 19, 2011, 07:07:12 AM »

This I Love its my favorite track !!!
Lord Stan
VIP

« Reply #264 on: January 05, 2012, 07:06:11 PM »

Madagascar has grown so much for me during this tour. I wouldn't know the reason could be only the leopard hat peace
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #265 on: March 06, 2012, 03:28:46 PM »

very interesting to see the results of this poll because when I listen to the album from start to finish i only skip over sorry and this i love (actually switch to prostitute when the quotes section of madagascar starts.)  but in this poll sorry and this i love are the highest rated lol. 
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 03:30:57 PM by vicariousexistence » Logged

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
Wardy
Opening Act

« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2012, 05:18:16 AM »

Man I'm always roaming these boards really need to post more regularly but played Chinese Democracy through a few times a few days back and I'm still undecided on what tune is the best.  Probably be easier if I joined those decider threads elsewhere eliminating those I like least first but sure as always would list at least 3/4 of the album as my must listens.  Reading between the lines then it's fair to say nothing to skip here the man is a songwriting genuis no question!

For the first time in many a year I am actually quietly anxious at the prospect of a certain album release... that of course being the next Guns record, here's hoping it gets done and delivered much sooner than later.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 05:20:45 AM by Wardy » Logged
Axlspants
Rocker

« Reply #267 on: April 05, 2012, 08:44:44 AM »

very interesting to see the results of this poll because when I listen to the album from start to finish i only skip over sorry and this i love (actually switch to prostitute when the quotes section of madagascar starts.)  but in this poll sorry and this i love are the highest rated lol. 

You skip when it gets to the quotes section of Madagascar!? Thats like saying 'I put my dick away when she starts moaning'

That bit is incredible and when it all kicks back in its one of the best moments on the whole record.

LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #268 on: April 05, 2012, 10:15:02 AM »

You skip when it gets to the quotes section of Madagascar!? Thats like saying 'I put my dick away when she starts moaning'

That bit is incredible and when it all kicks back in its one of the best moments on the whole record.

Agreed, the whole song is building up to that part.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
vicariousexistence
Headliner

« Reply #269 on: April 07, 2012, 10:00:35 AM »

i feel like the song builds incredibly and gains so much momentum and then completely loses momentum at that part.  i lose interest completely.  i'd rather hear axl singing another verse.

My posts all have hidden messages.  It's your job to find it.
MillionsOfSpiders
Opening Act

« Reply #270 on: April 23, 2012, 01:16:29 PM »

There Was A Time  ok

Prostitute and Shackler's are close 2nd and 3rd

Ask yourself why i would choose
To prostitute myself and live with fortune and shame
Estranged85
Rocker

Why must it drift away and die?

« Reply #271 on: April 23, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »

It changes, but right now it's Madagascar.
northernlad
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #272 on: July 03, 2012, 05:50:40 AM »

Voted for there was a time, however, the outro to prostitute is the most moving piece of I have heard, it's beautiful and I could not envisage a more fitting end to the album
Gezzy
Headliner

Don't Damn Me

« Reply #273 on: July 08, 2012, 06:10:53 PM »

They are all fantastic, TWAT is the highlight for me.

It's disapointing to see Riad the lowest, but I love that track a lot

Velvet Revolver
23/01/2005
05/06/2007
Guns N' Roses
17/10/10
26/05/12
Thin Lizzy w/ Richard Fortus
02/06/11
Duff McKagan's Loaded
05/11/11
Slash
06/06/12
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #274 on: July 17, 2012, 12:23:28 PM »

I voted for This I Love in this poll, but Chinese Democracy has since become my overall favourite over time. Maybe it's because of the awesome intro at live shows, maybe it's because of the amazing duel guitar solo from Finck and Bucket. Or it might just be because of the powerful message behind the song, but I love it to bits. Just as that guitar solo kicks in, and you see that Chinese baby face screaming on the screens (which I'm getting as a tattoo BTW), you can just feel the pain and oppression of the Chinese people.
Summer Romance
Opening Act

« Reply #275 on: September 02, 2012, 12:15:16 PM »

Love 'em all....but it is "IRS" for me...sung with such venom and with a killer riff....well, that applies to the whole album!

16 and counting!
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #276 on: September 02, 2012, 03:30:01 PM »

Well got me a new music system in the car, so I'm gonna have to see if makes me change from being a TWAT addict  hihi

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
dolphins
Rocker

« Reply #277 on: November 24, 2012, 01:51:29 AM »

This may be a silly question but I'm new so please be gentle.  nervous  At the beginning of Chinese Democracy there are lots of voices, presumably speaking Chinese etc - is that Axl's voice also among them?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #278 on: November 24, 2012, 02:24:13 AM »

This may be a silly question but I'm new so please be gentle.  nervous  At the beginning of Chinese Democracy there are lots of voices, presumably speaking Chinese etc - is that Axl's voice also among them?
I don't believe so.  In fact I'm quite sure that would be a NO.  Somewhere, someone translated what was said in that intro.  Don't have a link though.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #279 on: November 24, 2012, 08:50:47 PM »

I don't believe so.  In fact I'm quite sure that would be a NO.  Somewhere, someone translated what was said in that intro.  Don't have a link though.

It was chinese voices conspiring against the government, and a few years ago someone did indeed translate it... wish I could find the post, but it was a while ago.  Undecided
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: