Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 09:14:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227825 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now!?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now!?  (Read 62691 times)
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #100 on: May 08, 2009, 06:42:10 PM »

was november the 23rd 2008 tuseday?
and shouldn't the supposed re release date be after the supposed expiring date and not before?

who said is gonna be a re-release of the album?
I don't believe anyone did.  That's just pure speculation.  Based on Axl's chats way back when he mentioned how he'd like to get the booklet corrected, the alternate covers, some promotion being pushed till later down the line intentionally, etc.  Then Richard (I think) saying that the Best Buy deal was for 6 months.  So that's where that all comes from.

I'd LIKE to believe it.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #101 on: May 08, 2009, 08:29:35 PM »

If there was going to be a re-release of the CD to other retail chains, there'd be some mention of it by now.

It ain't happening.

Aside from one marvelous six week period (mid-October to November 23, 2008), Guns N' Roses have returned to the world of obscurity.

What a waste.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #102 on: May 08, 2009, 08:35:55 PM »

I am very thankful we got CD and the online chats etc.... but it is turning back into Pre CD days in the GNR universe.....

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #103 on: May 08, 2009, 09:53:08 PM »

OH PLEASE STOP YOUR FUCKIN WHINING ALREADY!!!

RICHARD SAID THEY'RE IN REHEARSAL!!!

Quote from: RICHARD FORTUS
The tour info. starts at 21:35

He says "I've been in rehearsals with Guns for the last little bit here -- focusing more on that world right now." "We hopefully will be announcing dates soon, I hope."

And adds "I don't know of any dates in the US yet, I haven't heard any talk, I'm sure that we will."  "Right now that's not where the focus is, I know that we're gonna be probably announcing other dates first."

TRY DOING SOMETHING CONSTRUCTIVE ..... LIKE MAYBE REQUESTING CHINESE DEMOCRACY OR BETTER ON YOUR LOCAL RADIO STATIONS ..... INSTEAD OF ALWAYS CRYING AND TALKING FUCKIN NEGATIVE SHIT!!!

WE OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW THE INTRICACIES OF WHAT THEY'RE DOING TO GET THINGS DONE ... BUT WE DO KNOW THEY'RE WORKING TOWARDS TOURING!!!

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2009, 12:37:53 AM »

the same Richard who talked about a tour and then had to retract his statement.

The same GNR who said a Better vid would be out in a couple weeks and now 5 months later we still have no video?

Oh yeah, how could i ever doubt this band.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2009, 08:27:49 AM »

Yeah, yeah. It's so frustrating, blah blah. Just give up then.

I don't get it. How can anyone doubt there will be a tour? I mean, if it was 2005 or so, I would understand due to the inativity, but after two great tours in 06/07 and with the album released (and with Richard saying all this, and with DJ Ashba, and with that guy talking about rehearsals), why wouldn't they?

Just because it's taking longer than we thought it doesn't mean it won't happen. Deal with the band the way it is.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2009, 09:18:13 AM »

There will be a tour, question is when...

The waiting is the hardest part- Tom Petty

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2009, 09:29:24 AM »

only 2 tuesdays left before may 23  Smiley

Did I miss something? Is something supposed to happen on May 23?
That's just a reference to the 6 month mark.  The supposed end of the Best Buy exclusive, which so far we haven't heard anything about it actually ending.

Tuesdays are when new releases come out in the US.

Gotcha. Didn't think of that.

Also; to the people calling others whining and yelling that people should be spending their time getting CD songs on the radio:

It is not the fans job to promote this record. It's their job to buy it and enjoy it if they chose. Get a grip.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #108 on: May 09, 2009, 09:37:38 AM »

Also; to the people calling others whining and yelling that people should be spending their time getting CD songs on the radio:

It is not the fans job to promote this record. It's their job to buy it and enjoy it if they chose. Get a grip.

Get a grip?

I think the whole point was that instead of just whining and whining, which helps nobody other than possibly the person doing the whining, do something constructive.

One constructive thing you can do is to request GN'R to be played on the radio.

It's always the same. When there's a topic where people can whine in, lots of them take part. But if there's a topic which requires some "work", it's usually more quiet.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #109 on: May 09, 2009, 12:00:38 PM »

Where do we go now, indeed. Cool

For those of us who have been part of this online community since it's mere beginning, over at gnronline.com ("MAKE HASTE", anyone? hihi), this has been a trip that has indeed seemed like forever and a day, as Axl so elequently put it. Every day on these forums since then has been revolving around the future release of this album, and now that it's finally here, it is certainly something of a nostalgic moment for us. "Where do we go now?"

Well, I think this is only the beginning of something that few of us have dared to even hope for. The new band will get the respect and recognition they finally deserve, there will be tours, new albums just as good as this one, and more. As one CD advert put it, the future is ours! smoking

We deserve this, my fellow gunners, we really do, and trust me, the 2008 version of Guns N' Roses, the best one to date, are here to stay! smoking

To GN'R! beer
True the future is now ours and with the tour coming up in America soon its gona be all GN'R past, present, future. This year will be the most crusial for the band to to rise up after about "14 Years" and prove that GN'R new or old still ROCKS!!!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #110 on: May 09, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »

Im not giving up but I have a wait and see approach with all things GNR related.

If one is announced, I'll be the most exciting person on here, but I am not 100 percent convinced.

Im sure they will play some festivals and maybe some European/S America stuff

but A full blown US Tour.............. I think it will happen but would I bet on it? No way.

I think it will be interesting to see how many promoters would line up for a big time US Tour all things considered. I could see a tour in big markets....... NY,LA,Chicago,Boston  etc 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 03:39:04 PM by D » Logged

LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #111 on: May 09, 2009, 09:44:15 PM »

I agree request CD tracks...Via telepphone or internet....Heres 2 shows/links that take requests..
http://www.eddietrunk.com/index.cfm/pk/content/pid/401936
http://houseofhaironline.com/make-a-request/
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2009, 03:25:46 PM »

i would release If The World for the summer

that song is pure class and already sounds like its been famous for decades. I think it is the best song on the CD and I can't understand why they didnt push something like that.

GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2009, 04:19:17 PM »

WHERE DO WE GO NOW ?

We go to Houston, just heard Chinese Democracy being played during the Rockets/Lakers game   beer

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2009, 08:01:11 PM »

WHERE DO WE GO NOW ?

We go to Houston, just heard Chinese Democracy being played during the Rockets/Lakers game   beer
So I've heard.  Is that the first reported sounds of a new GNR song being played at a live sports event?  That's the first time I've heard of it.  Still think "Scraped" would make a great sports stadium song.  "Don't you try to stop us now."

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2009, 12:53:59 AM »

Just listening to the Eddie Trunk interview again

and i wish axl would do more of these. He comes off so likable and great in this. Its my favorite interview of anybody ever.

ben9785
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2009, 11:53:09 PM »

I'm eager to see if there is any news about touring, I would love to see them play again, but what I appreciate most about GNR, as frustrating as it might get to me as a fan, is that they do things in their own terms regardless of what people want or expect or even offer.

So, I don't know if I would be happy for GNR to go on tour if the band aren't happy about it for any reason. I think its better just to wait for them to decide on their own terms. I'm sure they all know we are out here waiting.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2009, 01:30:57 AM »

is that they do things in their own terms regardless of what people want or expect or even offer.

yep, they've always been that way.  I figured people would be used to it by now.  Undecided
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #118 on: May 13, 2009, 09:35:57 AM »

Where do we go now?

Well, they could at least tell the fan's whats happening.  Might be nice.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #119 on: May 13, 2009, 10:39:06 AM »

Where do we go now?

Well, they could at least tell the fan's whats happening.  Might be nice.

Maybe they could open up the goddamned online shop, too.....

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: