Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 07:01:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Where do we go now!?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where do we go now!?  (Read 62648 times)
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #120 on: May 13, 2009, 11:07:35 AM »

Maybe they could open up the goddamned online shop, too.....
Huh
http://www.bamstores.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3010441&clickid=gnr_splashmain
SMFS
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #121 on: May 13, 2009, 12:22:37 PM »

Wow! Cool shirts.

Do they have any with pictures of the new band, album?
mornintrain
Headliner

A Real Avatar

« Reply #122 on: May 13, 2009, 03:43:28 PM »

Maybe already too early to start a thread like this as CD is just released..but I was wondering:
"Where do we go...Where do we go now!?"

sweet child...
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #123 on: May 14, 2009, 06:18:22 AM »

Where do we go now?

Well, they could at least tell the fan's whats happening.  Might be nice.

Fuck that shit. The day I'll stop comming in here is when Axl's on twitter.

Tings change all the fuckin time so why not keep it the way it is. When there's something worth knowing they always make sure to let us in on it.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #124 on: May 14, 2009, 07:03:10 AM »

When there's something worth knowing they always make sure to let us in on it.

Why is there nothing worth knowing in the last 6 months though?  Thats what concerns fan's the most

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #125 on: May 14, 2009, 07:46:42 AM »

What, the interviews, Axl posting here and other boards, the Rock Band stuff, the Ashba announcement.. All of this were nothing?

jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #126 on: May 14, 2009, 08:51:36 AM »

What, the interviews, Axl posting here and other boards, the Rock Band stuff, the Ashba announcement.. All of this were nothing?

2 - 3 interviews a few months back hasnt really progressed the album that much.  Rock band is cool in fairness.  Ashba, kinda irrelevant.
Fans want a tour, a video/single and a bit more exposure.  If that cant be arranged right now, thats fine.  But even an interview or update blog on what exactly is happening would relax people.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #127 on: May 14, 2009, 10:00:58 AM »

It does seem like the simpler sorts of promotion that come naturally to most artists like interviews, tours, videos, etc.  seem to be much more painful for GnR to accomplish. 
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #128 on: May 14, 2009, 02:31:55 PM »

It does seem like the simpler sorts of promotion that come naturally to most artists like interviews, tours, videos, etc.  seem to be much more painful for GnR to accomplish. 

My thoughts exactly. It would be easier to swallow the bad if every single endeavor didn't seem to be accompanied by mitigating factors that seem to slow or cease any type of forward progress.

But on the flip side, Axl never promised us a tour this year. In fact, I believe he mentioned at the beginning of the year that there were "no plans". Everything after that has been media rumors or some "hope so" comment  by one of the bandmembers. It's not like Axl said it was ever going to happen, or that there were plans of one happening. So, I don't think it's fair for fans to be making demands based on something that was nothing more than speculation and rumors.

Now, the 'Better' video, that's anyone's guess. I think at some point he actually had intentions of that happening. For whatever reason, it didn't. Personally, I doubt it ever will. But at some point, I wouldn't be surprised if Axl offers an explanation as to what happened exactly.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2009, 03:26:42 PM »

Now, the 'Better' video, that's anyone's guess. I think at some point he actually had intentions of that happening. For whatever reason, it didn't. Personally, I doubt it ever will. But at some point, I wouldn't be surprised if Axl offers an explanation as to what happened exactly.

Obviously I'm only guessing but one would think that since Robin has major credits on Better (lyrics, guitars, keyboards, guitar solo, arrangement, drum arrangement, digital editing, publishing) and has since decided to move on from GNR, that GNR would no longer choose to use this particular song for the initial video release from CD.  That's not to say that at some point in time they will but I just don't think they would as the first CD video.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: May 14, 2009, 04:00:16 PM »

Wow! Cool shirts.

why are stores selling new shirt styles for an album that is 20 years old and with picture representation of members that haven't been in the band for over 10?
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2009, 04:02:57 PM »

Obviously I'm only guessing but one would think that since Robin has major credits on Better (lyrics, guitars, keyboards, guitar solo, arrangement, drum arrangement, digital editing, publishing) and has since decided to move on from GNR, that GNR would no longer choose to use this particular song for the initial video release from CD.  That's not to say that at some point in time they will but I just don't think they would as the first CD video.

they were unsure of robin's status when axl did the forumn interviews so i don't think that has anything to do with the delay
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2009, 04:20:03 PM »

Well, if that is the reason behind the delay, I wouldn't think they'd ever use it. Honestly, it's all pretty null and void at this point anyhow. Considering the song made no real mainstream impact, I don't think anyone is really pushing for this to see the light of day at this point anyway.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2009, 04:20:24 PM »

and the joke about lars approval...

why are stores selling new shirt styles for an album that is 20 years old and with picture representation of members that haven't been in the band for over 10?

because it's a cover of a gnr album and a cool design SMFS likes?

@SMFS I guess there will be but if you can't wait, go your nearby hot topic
or http://www.bandstores.co.uk/shop/gunsnroses/proddetail.php?prod=12162021
http://www.shockhound.com/merch/3808-guns-n--roses-chinese-democracy-t-shirt
http://www.shockhound.com/merch/3899-guns-n--roses-how-are-you-shirt-slim-fit-t-shirt
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2009, 05:11:28 PM »

2 - 3 interviews a few months back hasnt really progressed the album that much.  Rock band is cool in fairness.  Ashba, kinda irrelevant.
Fans want a tour, a video/single and a bit more exposure.  If that cant be arranged right now, thats fine.  But even an interview or update blog on what exactly is happening would relax people.

Those interviews and the rock band thing and the album it self that was released less than 6 months ago is way way way more than "we have gotten" since since 1991.

If you want to follow something that gives you something every day Guns n roses isn't it.

Slash has been pretty loose lately tho. hihi Steven and duff too btw.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #135 on: May 14, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »

Im not giving up but I have a wait and see approach with all things GNR related.

If one is announced, I'll be the most exciting person on here, but I am not 100 percent convinced.

Im sure they will play some festivals and maybe some European/S America stuff

but A full blown US Tour.............. I think it will happen but would I bet on it? No way.

I think it will be interesting to see how many promoters would line up for a big time US Tour all things considered. I could see a tour in big markets....... NY,LA,Chicago,Boston  etc 
Chicago is the one city that I hope they do go to becouse I live not that far away from the city sorry everyother US city but the Chi town is a blues kind of town I think GN'R would get a good turnout new or old.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2009, 08:49:00 AM »

Wow! Cool shirts.

Because it is basically what GN'R is known for? haha that is a pretty cool shirt though. I hope to see GN'R coming near houston on a tour , I want a stadium tour. Axl has a band that is ready to really bring it , he's got the energy and talent for it. GN'R stadium tour.... yes........ yes
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #137 on: May 15, 2009, 09:05:18 AM »

Excuse me, I'm talking about all band members. Richard, Ron, Tommy and Brain also did one or more interviews.

And to say Ashba is irrelevant, it's because you want to see the negative side. To me, it means (as its written in the press release) that the band is indeed planing to tour and it's rehearsing. How is this not telling people what's going on?

WTTJ_91
Rocker

« Reply #138 on: May 15, 2009, 09:07:59 AM »

Excuse me, I'm talking about all band members. Richard, Ron, Tommy and Brain also did one or more interviews.

And to say Ashba is irrelevant, it's because you want to see the negative side. To me, it means (as its written in the press release) that the band is indeed planing to tour and it's rehearsing. How is this not telling people what's going on?

Agreed , people expect too much WAY too fast. Ashba is a signal to the fact that the GN'R world is in fact revolving.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #139 on: May 15, 2009, 10:52:45 AM »

really it's time some fans like jacdaniel learnt GNR is a band and not just axl. 
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: