Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 08:54:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228057 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr Pepper bitchslapped
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr Pepper bitchslapped  (Read 43388 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2008, 08:53:13 PM »

This is not a lawsuit. It's an open letter to Dr Pepper.

For those who might be easily confused, Axl is actually on our side in this.

There's not really any reason to start pointing fingers at Axl or the band.

/jarmo

Isn't it a threat for a lawsuit if Dr Pepper doesn't comply with the list of demands?

Axl stuck up for the fans and every American and some are unhappy with this?

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2008, 09:14:49 PM »

Only on here would there be a person who agrees with Axl's lawyer that the release of Chinese Democracy over a freakin can of pop (that was never promised to be given out on the release date anyway!) was ruined for some people due to this. You show me one true GNR fan who had the release date spoiled for them in any way over this. I'll wait.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:20:57 PM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2008, 09:24:20 PM »

Only on here would there be a person who agrees with Axl's lawyer that the release of Chinese Democracy over a freakin can of pop (that was never promised to be given out on the release date anyway!) was ruined for some people due to this. You show me one true GNR fan who had the release date spoiled for them in any way over this. I'll wait.

You don't have much understanding of business or marketing do you?

It has nothing to do with an individual person's day being ruined by not receiving a free can of Dr. Pepper
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2008, 09:28:35 PM »

It has nothing to do with an individual person's day being ruined by not receiving a free can of Dr. Pepper

Perhaps you can't read Son. From the letter by Axl's lawyer. Fans can't sue when Axl doesn't show up for a scheduled performance but GNR can when a pop company doesn't meet the demand of a free giveaway?

?The redemption scheme your company clumsily implemented for this offer was an unmitigated disaster which defrauded consumers and, in the eyes of vocal fans, ?ruined? the day of Chinese Democracy?s release?.

How the fuck did this ruin the release for anyone?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2008, 09:31:36 PM »

My day was sorta runied the day before the release. As soon as I found out what the conditions are to reclaim your "free soda" (which I admit I read kinda late), I expressed my disappointment in lengths here:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=54585.msg1133896#msg1133896

Notice, this was still on 22nd my time (pacific), hours before the Dr Pepper server crashed and the 1 soda per household new condition came about, and days before GN'R threatened Dr Pepper with a law suit. So, for you to somehow suggest that fans jumped on Axl's bandwaggon once his lawyer's press release was issued and without thinking in any rational way, is an insult to those fans.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2008, 09:31:58 PM »

Im not upset at Axl over this, I am just a little baffled as to why this is the first thing we've heard since CD is out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2008, 09:32:06 PM »

i'm sorry but his dr pepper shit seems so insignificant in comparison to the fact that we just got the new GnR album.

Axl is just doing what he thinks is best in taking up for the fans.   Of course the same usual suspects will talk shit as Axl can do nothing right in their eyes, no matter what he does.    Fuck, no wonder he barely says a word.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2008, 09:35:45 PM »

My day was sorta runied the day before the release. As soon as I found out what the conditions are to reclaim your "free soda" (which I admit I read kinda late), I expressed my disappointment in lengths here:
http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=54585.msg1133896#msg1133896

Notice, this was still on 22nd my time (pacific), hours before the Dr Pepper server crashed and the 1 soda per household new condition came about, and days before GN'R threatened Dr Pepper with a law suit. So, for you to somehow suggest that fans jumped on Axl's bandwaggon once his lawyer's press release was issued and without thinking in any rational way, is an insult to those fans.

It's a fucking can of pop. Go purchase your own if you want one that bad. Holy fuck, we wait ten years for an album and you have the release date disrupted over a free can of pop? Step into the real world man. If they had said free cars, then people could complain but it is a can of pop. Again, the average American struggling to make ends meet is not thinking or losing sleep over a free can of pop.

Why don't I sue Axl for not showing up for performances? That costs a lot more in terms of money, expenses and time than a fucking pop can.

leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2008, 09:41:46 PM »

It's a fucking can of pop. Go purchase your own if you want one that bad. Holy fuck, we wait ten years for an album and you have the release date disrupted over a free can of pop? Step into the real world man. If they had said free cars, then people could complain but it is a can of pop. Again, the average American struggling to make ends meet is not thinking or losing sleep over a free can of pop.

Why don't I sue Axl for not showing up for performances? That costs a lot more in terms of money, expenses and time than a fucking pop can.

It's not just a can of pop! Apart from taking away from my excitement for the CD release, I also felt cheated to have purchased Dr Pepper soda worth $120 that same day (Nov 22nd) thinking that they sincerely support and celebrate the CD release and will make honest efforts to reward EVERY American for it and thus contribute to the promotion and celebrations.

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2008, 09:43:38 PM »

These kinds of statements don't make you look very intelligent.   

yes, lets sue the lead singer of our favorite band because  Huh

try not to be a clown.  yes
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2008, 09:43:57 PM »

Perhaps you can't read Son. From the letter by Axl's lawyer. Fans can't sue when Axl doesn't show up for a scheduled performance but GNR can when a pop company doesn't meet the demand of a free giveaway?

?The redemption scheme your company clumsily implemented for this offer was an unmitigated disaster which defrauded consumers and, in the eyes of vocal fans, ?ruined? the day of Chinese Democracy?s release?.

Roll Eyes at you not being able to read between the lines and see what this is really about.  Let me break it down, hopefully you can follow

-Dr. Pepper used Axl/Gnr's name to drum up free publicity, with a promise they clearly didn't think they would have to fulfill
-Dr. Pepper's botched attempt to "fulfill" the promise made Axl and GnR look bad because they were associated with it, even though they were never involved and Dr. Pepper never obtained their permission

You are not allowed to use someone else's likeness or image to promote your product without their permission.  That said, GnR had no problem with the promotion in and of itself.  But Dr. Pepper did a terrible job here and people associate the promotion with GnR whether they were actually involved or not. 

That is what this is about.  The botched promotion reflected poorly on GnR's name and image even though they never even obtained GnR's permission to use their name in the promotion.  They used Guns' and Axl's names and attached them to this promise.  They did not deliver on the promise.  So GnR is saying that they should apologize and do a better job of fulfilling the promise, or deal with the consequences of attaching their name to what turned out to be a crappy, half-assed promotion that was terribly executed.  That's what this is really about.

If you can't read between the lines of lawyer-speak then I'm sorry
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 09:46:25 PM by ShotgunBlues1978 » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #151 on: November 28, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »

Probably because that would be stupid, just like your comparison of someone not being able to show up for a concert to a false marketing campaign.  Do you really need it spelt out for you?  Or do you just like talking trash (cause I sure do)?

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #152 on: November 28, 2008, 09:47:28 PM »

Roll Eyes at you not being able to read between the lines and see what this is really about.  Let me break it down, hopefully you can follow

-Dr. Pepper used Axl/Gnr's name to drum up free publicity, with a promise they clearly didn't think they would have to fulfill
-Dr. Pepper's botched attempt to "fulfill" the promise made Axl and GnR look bad because they were associated with it, even though they were never involved and Dr. Pepper never obtained their permission

You are not allowed to use someone else's likeness or image to promote your product without their permission.  That said, GnR had no problem with the promotion in and of itself.  But Dr. Pepper did a terrible job here and people associate the promotion with GnR whether they were actually involved or not. 

That is what this is about.  The botched promotion reflected poorly on GnR's name and image even though they never even obtained GnR's permission to use their name in the promotion.  They used Guns' and Axl's names and attached them to this promise.  They did not deliver on the promise.  So GnR is saying that they should apologize and do a better job of fulfilling the promise, or deal with the consequences of attaching their name to what turned out to be a crappy, half-assed promotion that was terribly executed.  That's what this is really about.

Where did Dr.Pepper say that Axl/GNR are in charge of giving out the free pop? Did they use  the GNR logo somewhere during this promotion?

leatherebel
VIP

« Reply #153 on: November 28, 2008, 09:47:49 PM »

These kinds of statements don't make you look very intelligent.   

yes, lets sue the lead singer of our favorite band because  Huh

try not to be a clown.  yes

You can't sue artists for canceling shows due to legit reasons since such reasons can always be found and evidence presented. It is then up to the fans to believe what they want to believe and feel how they want to feel. And that's what separates the true fans from the psycho ones.
You always get refunded when shows are cancelled. Did Dr Pepper refund EVERY American for not delivering on a promise?

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #154 on: November 28, 2008, 09:51:39 PM »

Where did Dr.Pepper say that Axl/GNR are in charge of giving out the free pop? Did they use  the GNR logo somewhere during this promotion?

They used the names Axl Rose, Guns N' Roses, and Chinese Democracy without permission to promote their product.  That in and of itself is illegal
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #155 on: November 28, 2008, 09:55:53 PM »

Fans can't sue when Axl doesn't show up for a scheduled performance but GNR can when a pop company doesn't meet the demand of a free giveaway?

Maybe you're having problems understanding what this is about?

Nobody is suing. It's an open letter to the Dr Pepper people.

Do you get that?

Or maybe you're just not wanting to get it because it's another reason for you to attack Axl. If that's the case..... I'll be more than happy to show you the fucking door.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #156 on: November 28, 2008, 10:00:39 PM »

Fans can't sue when Axl doesn't show up for a scheduled performance but GNR can when a pop company doesn't meet the demand of a free giveaway?

Do you get that?

Or maybe you're just not wanting to get it because it's another reason for you to attack Axl. If that's the case..... I'll be more than happy to show you the fucking door.

/jarmo

No thanks I was banned once. My question was in the letter it says that Chinese Democracy's release was ruined for some people due to this and I was trying to get a sense of how a free can of pop could ruin a day most of us have waited ten years for.

gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #157 on: November 28, 2008, 10:04:15 PM »

Do you get that?

/jarmo

No thanks I was banned once. My question was in the letter it says that Chinese Democracy's release was ruined for some people due to this and I was trying to get a sense of how a free can of pop could ruin a day most of us have waited ten years for.

when someone doesn't deliver on the promise that they spent months promoting
and basically dropping the gnr name every instance they can (gnr also used the dr pepper name a few times aswell)
then thats when lawyers get involved.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #158 on: November 28, 2008, 10:09:02 PM »

Well, let me try to explain it to you.

It's called a promise.

They promised all Americans (except two) a free soda and then what did they do?

It doesn't say it ruined the day, the word is in quotes. It's a way of explaining.

Would you be surprised if people felt a bit like "oh, great, how typical of them to fuck up?  Roll Eyes "?

They used the GN'R name and then when GN'R delivered..... Well you saw it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2008, 10:16:50 PM »

Well, let me try to explain it to you.

It's called a promise.

They promised all Americans (except two) a free soda and then what did they do?

It doesn't say it ruined the day, the word is in quotes. It's a way of explaining.

Would you be surprised if people felt a bit like "oh, great, how typical of them to fuck up?  Roll Eyes "?

They used the GN'R name and then when GN'R delivered..... Well you saw it.

/jarmo

didn't they exclude that guy that leaked the songs as well?

i guess thats beside the point.

but fair play to axl/gnr for doing this. you make a promise using someone elses brand along with your own if you fuck up then people will be looking at both brands not just the one who made the promise.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: