Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:47:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228064 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr Pepper bitchslapped
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr Pepper bitchslapped  (Read 43459 times)
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2008, 02:11:29 AM »

Seriously. Dr. Pepper is just selfish. They're using Guns to promote their own soda.
DarkFairy
VIP

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2008, 02:16:02 AM »

oh wow.. well then.. fuck dr.pepper  hihi I've never had it anyway

Helsinki 05.07.2006. Helsinki 05.06.2010. Hämeenlinna 01.07.2017. 🔜 London 29.05.2020
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2008, 02:28:40 AM »

Take a sip of his tasty 23 flavored DR.PEPPER!!

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2008, 02:43:36 AM »

Well since we must be the vocal fans, you tell me, Did the Dr.Pepper offer ruin the ChiDem release day for you?
?The redemption scheme your company clumsily implemented for this offer was an unmitigated disaster which defrauded consumers and, in the eyes of vocal fans, ?ruined? the day of Chinese Democracy?s release?.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...er-soda-fiasco/

Can anyone here tell me this ruined the release of ChiDem for them?

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2008, 02:57:54 AM »

why would it ruin someones day,

we have waited for 15 years for the music,
I wouldn't give a fuck about some soft drink .

(although im from Oz, so I was never looking forward to a dr pepper, but still).

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2008, 03:01:07 AM »

why would it ruin someones day,

we have waited for 15 years for the music,
I wouldn't give a fuck about some soft drink .

(although im from Oz, so I was never looking forward to a dr pepper, but still).

Did you not read the letter I posted from Axl's Lawyers? They said it did so I was asking if anyone on here agreed.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
gunns1
Legend

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2008, 03:13:47 AM »

The americans were probably looking forward to the dr pepper,
and it would of been a nice free bonus when buying the cd..

But I don't know why it would ruin the day of actually obtaining chinese democracy,
sure its a let down,
but ruining the experience?

thats a bit of an over exaggeration,
Im sure dr Pepper will get what they deserve hopefully.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2008, 03:46:18 AM »

because i'm a die hard fan, i was going to buy cd for sure anyway.  but i talked to a bunch of my friends, and they were on the fence about buying it.  but after failin got get their free dr. pepper for an extra day, they got really mad and totally decided to take it out on axl.  for sure, this dr. pepper scandal ruined cd for a lot of people.  they simply could not enjoy the music anymore.  it really fucking pisses me off.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »

because i'm a die hard fan, i was going to buy cd for sure anyway.  but i talked to a bunch of my friends, and they were on the fence about buying it.  but after failin got get their free dr. pepper for an extra day, they got really mad and totally decided to take it out on axl.  for sure, this dr. pepper scandal ruined cd for a lot of people.  they simply could not enjoy the music anymore.  it really fucking pisses me off.

Your friends didn't buy ChiDem over a fucking 50 cent can of pop? Wow, they must be really big rock fans Roll Eyes

How about telling them to listen to the MUSIC and not worry about a cheap ass can of pop?

It's a can of pop not a fucking car giveaway.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 03:52:29 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2008, 04:04:40 AM »

Your friends didn't buy ChiDem over a fucking 50 cent can of pop? Wow, they must be really big rock fans Roll Eyes

How about telling them to listen to the MUSIC and not worry about a cheap ass can of pop?

it's the whole experience.  it's not just about the can of soda.  it's about the build up and the hype and the excitement of getting the can of soda.  like i say they were on the fence anyways.  this just tipped the scales. 

this is an absolute disagrace!  and because chinese democracy day was ruined for them, it was ruined for me.  i'd waited so long to be able to show them up by blasting the cd int the car on the way home -- WHILE SIPPING OUR DR. PEPPERS.  it didnt' happen.  whos' fault is it?  axl's?  no, he's the one who's caring about the fans here.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2008, 04:06:55 AM »

What a bunch of fucking cry babies.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2008, 04:14:51 AM »

it's the whole experience.  it's not just about the can of soda.  it's about the build up and the hype and the excitement of getting the can of soda.  like i say they were on the fence anyways.  this just tipped the scales. 

this is an absolute disagrace!  and because chinese democracy day was ruined for them, it was ruined for me.  i'd waited so long to be able to show them up by blasting the cd int the car on the way home -- WHILE SIPPING OUR DR. PEPPERS.  it didnt' happen.  whos' fault is it?  axl's?  no, he's the one who's caring about the fans here.

But we knew in advance that you didn't get the Dr.Pepper right away. Why not just spring for the 3 cans so that you guys could have enjoyed the Dr. Pepper on the way home?
What fucking excitement is there in getting a can of soda? Getting ChiDem yes, a can of soda? WTF? Come on. You should have sprung the 2 bucks and bought your friends the 3 cans.

On second thought if someone chose to not buy the album based on a fucking can of soda, I would rather they not listen to GNR anyway. Most of the songs would be over their heads if this is the kind of logic they use. Tell them to stick with Nickelcrack.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 04:17:56 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

gunns1
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2008, 04:15:11 AM »

So your day was ruined because your friends were upset that they didn't get their dr pepper?
were you actually looking forward to chinese?

I hope Axl gets the best outcome out of this situation, but at the same time, I hope this legal battle doesn't consume to much time in the wake of the promotion..
anyways Im sure things will pick up from dec 2 onwards.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2008, 04:16:22 AM »

What a bunch of fucking cry babies.

rofl rofl rofl
Hey man, they wanted their free soda and since they didn't get it, they chose not to buy ChiDem. Sounds logical Roll Eyes

*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2008, 04:19:10 AM »

Logical to a fucking three year old. hihi

THis shit ain't burger king , it ain't have it your way.

suicide
VIP

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2008, 04:29:39 AM »

Axl Rose and Guns N' Roses should sue Irving Azoff and Andy Gould for failing to deliver "a monumental campaign developed by Gary Arnold and the Best Buy team that matches the groundbreaking sound of the album itself"
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2008, 04:31:54 AM »

OMG, so dramatic!

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2008, 04:33:59 AM »

OMG, so dramatic!

Not really. Falungong69's friends were so upset over their lack of a free Dr.Pepper that they didn't buy the album. I say rally the troops and start the lawsuits!

Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2008, 08:22:36 AM »

Well since we must be the vocal fans, you tell me, Did the Dr.Pepper offer ruin the ChiDem release day for you?
?The redemption scheme your company clumsily implemented for this offer was an unmitigated disaster which defrauded consumers and, in the eyes of vocal fans, ?ruined? the day of Chinese Democracy?s release?.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...er-soda-fiasco/

Can anyone here tell me this ruined the release of ChiDem for them?
Well I -was- planning on taking a drive with the album while sipping my free Doc Pep, to really "drink in" the full experience of the album's release, but the latter part obviously fell through. Totally ruined it for me.

Dr. Pepper!

The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2008, 08:24:50 AM »

That fucking drink tastes like ass anyway.
I've drank it like once in my whole life, when I was a kid.
Boycott that piss.

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: