Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 09:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228018 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "Better" single
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Better" single  (Read 45293 times)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2008, 01:42:04 AM »

I wish this rumor was true.  Has anything been confirmed?  Where has MYSTERON been?
variant
Headliner

« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2008, 06:08:50 AM »

Just heard Better on Radio 1 - Sara Cox said it was the new single.

Didnt hear the text response but I sent a positive one in!  ok
demo23nz
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2008, 06:26:28 AM »

Not only do I think videos are still important (labels don't spend all that money just for fun), but I love them. More than caring about promotion or sales, I'd just really like to see a video.
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2008, 06:30:34 AM »

Better is a hit single waiting to explode. With Better and a ballad out and an appearence by Axl (on his own time), Chinese Democracy sales will skyrocket. smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2008, 06:34:39 AM »

http://mediaplayer.triplem.com.au/melbourne/player

apparently Better is going to be played on this station (melbourne/triple m) in a few minutes

after a few fellow gunners have requested it, stay tuned guys, only a few more minutes!!!

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
KaptainKuntra
Rocker

Tres Bizzare, non?

« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2008, 06:35:57 AM »

They've just played it on Radio 1 in the UK.
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2008, 12:11:22 PM »

Chinese Democracy has been removed from the radio 1 playlist - better has not been added onto it. Keep an eye on the radio 1 playlist page to see if it gets added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/

this song needs to go into heavy rotation and it will help the album sales in the uk.

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
ianlei
Neon Bomb!
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2008, 05:59:33 PM »

Interesting hearing an edited version of it!!
For anyone that missed it on radio 1 http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b00fqkll   (it's about 57 mins into show).
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2008, 06:36:54 PM »

Some of the rock stations around here are playing "I.R.S." in addition to "Better", which is cool. Most of the on-air jocks have had good things to say about the album in general.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
RitzWalker8
Rocker

I love my Pancreas!!!

« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2008, 07:26:30 PM »

WAAF played several times today

Ritz Reeves III
GeraldFord
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2008, 07:29:02 PM »

WAAF played several times today

Aweosme, hope it picks up. AAF really is the best station in Boston. I was leaning towards BCN for a while but...
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2008, 08:16:10 PM »

They just played "There Was A Time" on Sirius Octane.  I heard "Sorry" on there the other night too.  And of course they're playing "Chinese Democracy" and "Better".  The DJ on now, Bodhi, said they've also been playing "Scraped", "Shackler's Revenge", and "I.R.S." but I've yet to hear any of those songs on there.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2008, 09:33:50 PM »

They just played "There Was A Time" on Sirius Octane.  I heard "Sorry" on there the other night too.  And of course they're playing "Chinese Democracy" and "Better".  The DJ on now, Bodhi, said they've also been playing "Scraped", "Shackler's Revenge", and "I.R.S." but I've yet to hear any of those songs on there.

I consistently hear CD and TWAT on Octane.  I haven't heard the other songs.

I'm not saying they don't play the other songs, I'm just saying that those two are the only Chinese Democracy songs I have personally heard on Octane.
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2008, 10:35:43 PM »

I don't even listen to the radio. I just listen to the cd itself lol. I get to avoid all that other garbage they have on there.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2008, 02:13:40 AM »

Just browsed through the "recently played" on 97.7 htz FM in Toronto... and they ran "If The World" a little after midnight!
variant
Headliner

« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2008, 04:30:48 AM »

Chinese Democracy has been removed from the radio 1 playlist - better has not been added onto it. Keep an eye on the radio 1 playlist page to see if it gets added.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/playlist/

this song needs to go into heavy rotation and it will help the album sales in the uk.

I think Better will be added to the playlist. You can always send a text to 81199 requesting it though. If it gets enough requests they might even put it on their A playlist.  ok
St_Jimmyuk
VIP

Im Right next door to hell...

« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2008, 06:54:22 AM »

was cd ever actually listed on their playlist? i don't think it was and certain dj's don't like playing gnr, chris moyles seems to like the new album though  ok

- They call me Lenny...... But that's not my name, that's not my name.
John Galt
Rocker

Peace Sells... But still no one is buying goddamit

« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2008, 07:14:24 AM »

was cd ever actually listed on their playlist? i don't think it was and certain dj's don't like playing gnr, chris moyles seems to like the new album though  ok

Yes - it definitely was on their list..
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2008, 01:52:39 PM »

Can only say ive herd CD once on the chris moyles show, and better 1once on sara cox.

My own opinion is that scraped should have been the nxt single, no need to be edited and it has that f**k you attitude everyone loves. Then wup out this i love or street of dreams or possibly b-side one of them like oasis did with Acquiesce. 
bangit
Rocker

Here Today..been on mygnr for past few years.

« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »

If its getting played on radio 1 then it will probably be added to the next playlist update.

cd was on there for fucking ages! at least a month on the b list - not exactly a radio 1 friendly track either lol!

better should go down well, everyone i know that has the album digs better - men and women alike. even people who have bad feeling about axl and it not being real gnr etc... they still like the song.

fingers crossed it takes off - a simple video would help this album no end.

after better, they must push the big guns - til, prostitute, twat, sorry, scraped...... great songs!

Rock in Rio Lisbon 2006, Download Dublin 2006, Sheffield 2006, Helsinki Live festival 2010, Leeds Festival 2010, Manchester 2010! 6 fucking amazing experiences! Where in 2012?Huh?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: