Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:28:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula 1 - 2008 season
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula 1 - 2008 season  (Read 48781 times)
gueli
Headliner

Rock and Roll Dudes!!!

« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2008, 10:39:42 PM »

Hamilton deserved this championship!  peace

This melody inside of me still searches for solution...
kaasupoltin
Also a "mercenary" football fan!
Legend

Chinese Democracy out 2014!

« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2008, 06:01:56 AM »

The wrong guy got it, with such a luck. Well, I hope his dad is happy.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2008, 01:36:35 PM »

He got the most points.

Kinda funny how he didn't win the most races though....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »

He got the most points.

/jarmo

Didn't Keke Rosberg win the championship without winning even one race? Altough that was some years ago..

Anyway, Hamilton pisses the hell out of me for some reason. I would have loved to see Kubica or Massa winning this time.. after Kimi of course.

BEEP.
Helsinki 07.05.2006 - Helsinki 07.06.2006 - Helsinki 06.05.2010 - H?meenlinna 07.01.2017
BodyCount
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #184 on: November 03, 2008, 01:55:13 PM »

He got the most points.

/jarmo

Kind of wierd aint it...

Same with skating, you don't have to win ANY distance race, but if all together it takes you the least amount of time, you are overall champion...
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #185 on: November 03, 2008, 01:58:50 PM »

He got the most points.

/jarmo

Kind of wierd aint it...

Same with skating, you don't have to win ANY distance race, but if all together it takes you the least amount of time, you are overall champion...

That's the reason why I think they should make some changes when it comes to the points and poles and everything. Altough now we've had two seasons with only a difference of one point between the champion and the second..

BEEP.
A Private Eye
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #186 on: November 03, 2008, 02:27:26 PM »

^ Close finishes like that are good for the sport, thankfully the days of Schumacher sweeping all before him are over.

I think Hamilton's just one of those guys, you love him or hate him. He definitely got lucky on Sunday but that's one race, he's been unlucky in others, that sort of thing evens out. He's pretty much lead the championship from week one this year, and was one bottled race away from winning the title in his rookie year, you need more than luck to do that. 

If Carlsberg made GNR and VR forums.............they'd probably have made www.gnrevolution.com
kaasupoltin
Legend

« Reply #187 on: November 03, 2008, 02:35:31 PM »

^ Close finishes like that are good for the sport, thankfully the days of Schumacher sweeping all before him are over.

That is true. And it's cool to see that there are now several drivers who have the chance to win races and even championship..

BEEP.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #188 on: November 03, 2008, 02:38:12 PM »

I think more points should be awarded to winners.

This way, drivers will have an incentive to go for the win instead of just "riding around."
KIKO2K6
Happy as a Pig in Shit
VIP

I am a ''ROCKER''

« Reply #189 on: November 03, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »

It was the most Amazing estraordinarious F1 championship/race ending in F1 history.... i have no douts about it.

We all are luck ones to saw what we saw yesterday.

Hat trick for Massa he is KING on Interlagos 3 years on row.

Massa is a class a driver, he has a good chance to be champion if he keep doing what he did this year.

Lewis is class a too both deserved to win the championship.

Alonso Lewis Massa will fight next year.

The 07 season was fantastic the 08 as AMAZING 09 looks very good, slicks are back ....i m sure wil be a great season !

The New Interpretation of a Masterwerk!!!!

http://www.angelfire.com/art2/kikoalbuquerque/

Chinese Democracy Starts....sometime between now and November 25th !
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #190 on: November 03, 2008, 04:45:57 PM »

I think more points should be awarded to winners.

This way, drivers will have an incentive to go for the win instead of just "riding around."

Well said!  ok

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #191 on: November 04, 2008, 01:57:12 PM »

I like the way the points system is already, it's good to see drivers be rewarded for being consistant. Kubica finished joint 3rd from being consistant, I like that in a driver/team.

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #192 on: November 05, 2008, 10:08:59 AM »

Does anyone know what happen to Glock?

I've heard he hadnt put the rain tyres on and was losing about 4 seconds per lap...is that true??

IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #193 on: November 05, 2008, 12:19:50 PM »

^ He was losing more, around 22 sec I believe cause he was on slicks like Trulli but in the end it the rain really came through. Glock said he didn't even realize Hamilton passed him, he was just busy with keeping the car on the track which was the most difficult thing of all season he said. Btw in that last lap he was still faster then Trulli.

A few months ago I saw a Williams testing pic of this years car only with the 2009 back - gearbox, suspension and rearwing.. damn it was really ugly, the wing was around twice as high and a lot smaller aswell, looked like a 70's F1 car with all the weird wings.

Interesting though was that Williams is also the only team that will drive with a flywheel KERS system, the rest is working on electrical (like a dynamo) ones. Williams said it was strange cause a flywheel was alot leighter and had several more advantages.

Speaking of Williams, David Coulthard said in a Dutch interview this past weekend that the best teammate he ever had was Mika, the fastest and also less controversial he said, while the '95 Williams was the best F1 car he ever drove.. came out his mouth at once, didn't even had to think about it. Kinda weird that the '96 and '97 McLaren weren't better cars even with pretty much similar rules (wider cars, slicks until '98.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #194 on: November 06, 2008, 02:41:12 PM »

Hamilton rejects Ecclestone's comment that racism in F1 started as joke

Associated Press

LONDON -- Lewis Hamilton rejected F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone's assertion on Thursday that racist abuse directed at the driver probably started as a joke.

F1's first black champion was the target of racist abuse on a Spanish Web site and endured other insults in the buildup to last Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix. Hamilton's father Anthony said he had often considered withdrawing the 23-year-old driver from the sport because of the abuse.

"[It was] probably beginning as a joke rather than anything abusive," Ecclestone said Thursday in a radio interview, pointing to poor sportsmanship rather than racism by Spanish and Brazilian fans. "I don't see why people should have been [insulted by it]. These things are people expressing themselves."

Hamilton disagreed and said he "didn't see it as a joke."

"It's something that happened, but it is in the past, you've got to look forward," said the McLaren driver, who clinched the F1 title by a single point over Ferrari's Brazilian driver Felipe Massa at the Interlagos circuit.

In the week leading up to the Brazilian race, Hamilton was the target of racist abuse on a Spanish Web site, was insulted by two Brazilian comedians and was handed a black cat -- a symbol of bad luck in Brazil -- at a sponsor's function.

Last February, a group of people at testing near Barcelona wore dark face paint with T-shirts displaying the slogan "Hamilton's Family." Hamilton has become a target for many Spaniards who believe the British driver derailed Fernando Alonso's championship hopes at McLaren last year.

"I don't think we should even be talking about racism," Ecclestone told The Associated Press at the time. "I really think that they are against Hamilton for his ability, not because he is black. I always thought it was a bit of a prank -- they're probably not racist at all."

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
Evita
Rocker

Yes, it's me!

« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2008, 09:24:07 AM »

OK, it's this time of the year where I miss F1.

Sad

Plus next seasons starts so latttteeeee!!

Anyone saw the video they showed at the FIA Gala last week?  I think the previous years were better... funnier!!!

And, I was amazed to learn that Axl is following F1... isn't that great?  Smiley

Evita who is happy Lewis won ;-)

Guns N' Roses - W. Axl Rose
You can visit www.gnrwar.com
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: