Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:52:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227816 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Obama Administration thread
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Obama Administration thread  (Read 253298 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: December 10, 2008, 04:10:58 PM »

Discuss the Obama Administration here.

Continued from the election 2008 thread.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 11:58:25 PM »

Wow, nobody has anything to say yet.  Since this is a new thread about the Obama Presidency, I would just like to start off on how excited I am for him to get in there and do his thing and get this ball rolling.  I wasn't a real supporter of Obama during the election, but now that he is going to be the President, he has my support.  I wish him the best and I am sure he will do a great job. 

I hope that he keeps pushing the need to find alternatives to Oil and starts addressing illegal immigration. 

Best of Luck to Barack.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 10:19:59 AM »

I hope energy independence and creating a green economy is his #1 priority. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 10:23:11 AM »

I hope he takes the right steps to solve our many problems such as the economy, economy, economy.......

In January, it's time for action, not words. I'm an America before any party ideology so I wish him the best to get things done.

If he turns things around I'd vote for him in 2012.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 12:27:13 PM »

Congrats to all of Obama's die-hard supporters. He has some major challenges ahead that will define his presidency. With the economy, presidents get far too much credit/blame. and with everyone focused so intently on the economy, it may be even moreso for Obama, which could be unfair if the problems that are just beyond his control continue through 2012. but i think he's off to a great start.     

Now let's get this thread going....

What's up with Obama dissing his liberal supporters???

tax the windfall profits of Big Oil? maybe not.

repeal Bush's tax cuts for the wealthy? nope.

fresh "outsiders" in his administration (maybe even some progressive libs)? not yet.

begin removing troops on his first day in office? now it's "we'll design a plan for responsible drawdown" aka the Bush Plan.   

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 01:08:31 PM »

Congrats to all of Obama's die-hard supporters. He has some major challenges ahead that will define his presidency. With the economy, presidents get far too much credit/blame. and with everyone focused so intently on the economy, it may be even moreso for Obama, which could be unfair if the problems that are just beyond his control continue through 2012. but i think he's off to a great start.     

fresh "outsiders" in his administration (maybe even some progressive libs)? not yet.

begin removing troops on his first day in office? now it's "we'll design a plan for responsible drawdown" aka the Bush Plan.   

I don't know that he's "dissing" anyone.  The moment the economy went in the shitter, I figured some things would change. 

I'm not the least bit bothered by his administration and how it's filling posts.  I assume that the decision making is made at the top (i.e. the person who represents "change") and that beyond that I'd like him to have the best tools available to make those decisions. 

And I'm not sure his troop removal stuff has changed.  He always said he would, on his first day, redirect the mission and instruct his military commanders to draw up plans for withdrawal.  I don't think he said troops would actually begin leaving on day 1, which wouldn't really be feasible since he cannot officially tell the Joint Chiefs what to do, yet. 

I guess it all comes down to this:  I want to see what he'll do, and it's too early to say. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 02:00:29 PM »

Yep, Freedom is right.  Lets give the guy a break until he start making official decisions.  Right now he has a free pass.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 02:28:00 PM »

True that im from Il and personaly for me its amazing that hes one of our officals that i dont think has anything corrupt goin on and Blagoi is a BITCH ok

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »

Quit lying.

As usual you're not being honest. Obama never claimed an immediate troop withdrawal. Right wing liars claimed he did then attacked that. We've been through this all before. You also are lying again by referring to it "Bush's plan". It was Obama's plan first, and then Bush changed his soon thereafter.

He has stated that the tax cuts may be allowed to continue until the economic situation that Bush created is cleared up. I call that intelligent and have no problem with that.

Obama has always claimed he would work with those on both sides of the aisle and has immediately gotten busy with that. Nowhere did he make promises of a liberal exclusive government.

Oh it's change alright. But with you double speak liars it's damned if you do and damned if you don't. On one hand you complain endlessly about his lack of "experience" but then when he brings experience to his side you claim he is backing out on his promise. You'd bitch, moan and lie either way, no doubt about it.

America has grown tired of juvenile words like "flip flop" and lock step ideology that drove America off a cliff. I'm all for compromise, intelligent planning and going with what works best. The last eight years we have witnessed mind numbingly stubborn policy and arrogant jingoism. Have you not learned a fucking thing yet?

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 06:28:25 PM »

What do you guy's think about the reports that Obama is kinda leaning Right and its pissing off the Democrats ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 06:43:18 PM »

What do you guy's think about the reports that Obama is kinda leaning Right and its pissing off the Democrats ?

No Dems I know are upset, seems like 24/7 media drama to me. He's doing exactly what he said he would, meeting in the middle and abandoning the failed lock step approach that has ailed Washington DC for eight years now. This is something Bush promised but clearly never intended to do.

That would also fall under "change."

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 06:48:50 PM »

I like it.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 07:56:01 PM »

I like it.

exactly. when Rush and Rove are praising your selections, and you appoint a person that was "consistenly wrong on iraq" as your SOS, you know a ton of liberals are pissed. it's been interesting to see hard core republicans be much more open-minded about Obama in recent days.

he's certainly changed his tune on the windfall tax on oil companies. can't even find mention of it anymore.

and he's not as direct on ending the iraq war...

"I intend to end this war," Obama said. "My first day in office I will bring the joint chiefs of staff in, and I will give them a new mission. And that is to end this war. Responsibly, deliberately, but decisively. And I have seen no information that contradicts the notion that we can bring our troops out safely at a pace of one to two brigades per month. And again, that pace translates into having our combat troops out in 16 months' time."

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 09:15:57 PM »

Right wing policies? What right wing policies? All I see is a bunch of leftists calling themselves conservative. War, depression, increased spending, big government. Looks like a democratic term to me, or republican, depending on where you'd want to start the blame. It's not easy to see the difference these days.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 11:01:25 PM »

Yes, it's clear Bush has hurt the republican party. Who knows what they stand for?

I thought the republican party was about less taxes and fiscal responsibility.

One thing I do like about Obama is that he wants to invest in does want to invest in alternative energy sources.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 12:57:22 AM »

I think its a crapshoot with any president. Hopefully he can get done at least half of what he said. I like him though and am extremely glad he is the president.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 02:29:59 PM »

Yes, it's clear Bush has hurt the republican party. Who knows what they stand for?

I thought the republican party was about less taxes and fiscal responsibility.

One thing I do like about Obama is that he wants to invest in does want to invest in alternative energy sources.
True that but Bush hasnt only hurt the Republican party  rantSara Palen's half brained coments and also the thousands of tax payers dollars spent on her wardrobe alone and she was saying she understands how the single mom lifes HELL NO SHE DOSENT if she did she would have used that money to help single mothers and the common worker Obama is the person that knows about that stuff cus he was the child of a single mother and i think hes definatle goin to do a BETTER job than a lot of current presidents would do in this situation

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 11:25:46 PM »

Yes, I do agree it's more than one republican that hurt the republican party, but Bush certainly hasn't helped them any.

I think after he leaves office finally...the republicans will stay far away from him.

---

But anyways, back to Obama, I believe Obama will be the best president we have had in a long time. I don't want to make any official predictions but I think he will be seen as a hero.

What do you guys think? Obama-4 or 8 years in office?

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 12:39:02 AM »

Anyone going to the inauguration?

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2008, 01:37:12 PM »

Anyone going to the inauguration?

Hey Hil-Dog, on a normal day, DC's about 2 or 2 1/2 hours away for me.  I took the day of the inauguration off when I called into my work's answering machine after the victory was official.  Yeah, I wanted to go...but, the lowball estimate on the amount of people in DC that day is set at 2 million...with higher estimates at 4 million.  When I went to See Barack on Super Bowl Sunday in Wilmington, it took me over an hour to get out of a parking garage...(I was glad I bought the Sunday morning paper from the guy selling them on the street on the way to the speech!)...

needless to say, I'm planning a little party at home for the big day.   peace

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: