Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:22:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Obama Administration thread
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Obama Administration thread  (Read 251660 times)
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #2240 on: July 10, 2010, 07:16:21 PM »

This Black Panthers story and how the DOJ handled it is pretty big and some media outlets are ignoring it. Gee, wonder why that is  Huh

My guess is Obama's a Black Panther.  I tried warning all of you!   
Roll Eyes

The long-legged mack daddy! hihi

Would they let him join their club tho?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2010, 07:24:51 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #2241 on: July 11, 2010, 10:38:32 PM »

This Black Panthers story and how the DOJ handled it is pretty big and some media outlets are ignoring it. Gee, wonder why that is  Huh

Ah because it's all bullshit which means fox must be airing it today!

: )

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2242 on: July 12, 2010, 07:59:30 PM »

Ah because it's all bullshit which means fox must be airing it today!

: )

Joe

Seems newsworthy to me when someone threatens people at the voting booth with a nightstick if they don't vote a certain way. Also newsworthy when the DOJ drops the case.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #2243 on: July 12, 2010, 08:27:27 PM »

And if that attention caused those people to get hurt I am sure you would be fine with that if it were true to simply make Obama look like a ass.

Joe

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2244 on: July 12, 2010, 09:05:28 PM »

And if that attention caused those people to get hurt I am sure you would be fine with that if it were true to simply make Obama look like a ass.

Joe

Watch the Black Panther video for yourself and make your own judgment instead of judging me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

My point is Holder and the DOJ are not doing their job.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:48:11 PM by Senator Blutarsky » Logged

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
sandman
Legend

« Reply #2245 on: December 09, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »

almost 5 months with no posts in this thread!?!?! way too long.  Smiley

tax cuts....

did Obama cave?
are the Ds and Is on this board angry with Obama? are the Rs falling in love with him now?

the polls show support for the tax cuts, but i'm assuming the polling questions ask the wrong question. sure, everyone supports the tax cut plan cause it will help us all. but the question should be would you have preferred the tax cut on the wealthy/small businesses be ended.

i am pro-tax cut and support the theory that raising taxes is a bad idea in a down economy. but i don't feel THAT strongly about it cause i really don't have enough data. also, at some point you have to consider the deficit. not sure what the net efffect on jobs would be if they did not renew the tax cut for those making over $250K.

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2246 on: December 09, 2010, 04:55:17 PM »

tax cuts....

did Obama cave?
are the Ds and Is on this board angry with Obama? are the Rs falling in love with him now?

the polls show support for the tax cuts, but i'm assuming the polling questions ask the wrong question. sure, everyone supports the tax cut plan cause it will help us all. but the question should be would you have preferred the tax cut on the wealthy/small businesses be ended.

i am pro-tax cut and support the theory that raising taxes is a bad idea in a down economy. but i don't feel THAT strongly about it cause i really don't have enough data. also, at some point you have to consider the deficit. not sure what the net efffect on jobs would be if they did not renew the tax cut for those making over $250K.

Sandman, you're right, it's been too long since this thread's shown a pulse!
I for one am pissed at the Dems in the House.  No, I don't support continuing Bush's failed tax cut for the wealthy, BUT, I realize you have to negotiate.  Give and take.
The disparity between the haves and have nots in this country hasn't been this great since right before the Great Depression.  I'd love to hear theories on how lowering the tax rate on multi-million and billionaires will lead to a more equitable allotment of wealth.  I believe the term is "plutocracy."

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2247 on: December 09, 2010, 06:32:52 PM »

I'm totally burnt out on politics.  It's been so damned negative for two years.  The second Obama was in office, we started having Tea Party protests.  What were they protesting, democracy?  Then came healthcare, with the left making a fuss about it not being enough and the right making up anything they could to sway people against it.  The filibusters, the racism, the whining, the continual degradation of our "journalists" to where one righty and one leftie each led political rallies.  I can't turn on a new network at night without hearing someone basically doing a "here's why I'm pissed" monologue, and that applies to both Fox and MSNBC (CNN leads to impotence, so I don't watch).  And all the while, the hypocrisy mounts. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #2248 on: December 09, 2010, 10:33:48 PM »

I think it's a sign of progress that the Bush taxs are now supported by The president.
Hopefully the Republicans will return the favor and both sides can start actually moving forward.

But I highly doubt it's gonna be that easy it never is.   Sad

Joe

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #2249 on: December 10, 2010, 01:08:58 AM »

I'm totally burnt out on politics.  It's been so damned negative for two years.  The second Obama was in office, we started having Tea Party protests.  What were they protesting, democracy?  Then came healthcare, with the left making a fuss about it not being enough and the right making up anything they could to sway people against it.  The filibusters, the racism, the whining, the continual degradation of our "journalists" to where one righty and one leftie each led political rallies.  I can't turn on a new network at night without hearing someone basically doing a "here's why I'm pissed" monologue, and that applies to both Fox and MSNBC (CNN leads to impotence, so I don't watch).  And all the while, the hypocrisy mounts. 

you and me both...i completely stopped following politics and lost all interest in them.  I am a MUCH happier person now because of it.  About 2 years ago I came to the realization that no matter how much we fight or disagree about things, we change NOTHING.   My one vote at the end of the day means jack shit.   Now I know someone will chime in with "if everyone thought like that, then nothing would ever get done or change" yada yada yada who cares?  The negativity and the spin and all the nonsense finally just made me snap, I honestly don't give a shit anymore.  Whether that is good or bad, who knows?  All I know is I want to rip peoples heads off a lot less than I used to, it feels great.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2250 on: December 10, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »

you and me both...i completely stopped following politics and lost all interest in them.  I am a MUCH happier person now because of it.  About 2 years ago I came to the realization that no matter how much we fight or disagree about things, we change NOTHING.   My one vote at the end of the day means jack shit.   Now I know someone will chime in with "if everyone thought like that, then nothing would ever get done or change" yada yada yada who cares?  The negativity and the spin and all the nonsense finally just made me snap, I honestly don't give a shit anymore.  Whether that is good or bad, who knows?  All I know is I want to rip peoples heads off a lot less than I used to, it feels great.

It's hard for me to do that, given that I teach political science, but I've done more to zone out personally, at least.  Unfortunately, I also believe that there's nothing the entrenched special interests would like MORE than for all of us to not care or give up.   

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #2251 on: December 10, 2010, 09:51:34 AM »

freedom78 that is always one thing they want.
The less public attention means they could make more money in less than honest ways
without fears of any action against them unless its from a force they dont control.

Joe

GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #2252 on: December 10, 2010, 11:20:34 AM »

It's hard for me to do that, given that I teach political science, but I've done more to zone out personally, at least.  Unfortunately, I also believe that there's nothing the entrenched special interests would like MORE than for all of us to not care or give up.   

I think what they want even more than political disenfranchisement is overall general incompetence so as to insulate themselves from economic competition.  So I think people are better served directing their energies to towards bettering their skills, education, etc., to improve their ability to make a solid buck, rather than spending time writing their congressman.  Yeah, I'm burnt on the political BS these days too, so maybe I'm just frustrated right now, but it is how I feel. 

Anyway, as to the tax cut issue, no, I don't agree with the extending the tax cuts for the wealthy, but I would have been beyond pissed if there was a standoff on this issue that led to everyone's taxes increasing (i.e., including mine). 

Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #2253 on: December 10, 2010, 05:18:00 PM »

I don't like the tax cuts for the wealthy any more than you do but if it can open the way for a more bi partison congress and some if any kind of progress even on some bills that should have been passed in about 3 seconds like givig aid to fire fighters of 9/11 then it looks like I got to deal with that.

It's a dam shame that this had to be the thing the president decided to go along with this to calm down the republicans but his other options I think were the Health Care Bill (he invested to much into it though) and the don't ask don't tell repeal and unfortuanatly I think he picked the lesser of the 3 evils.

Joe

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #2254 on: December 13, 2010, 02:17:17 PM »

tax cuts....

did Obama cave?

I don't think he caved...though I'm not thrilled about the compromise.
I'm not angry, but I'm not thrilled, either.  I think he overextended himself with the healthcare legislation, prior to "fixing" the economy, and this was a way to gain some of that lost political capital.

I think if you're making upwards of 250k in taxable income, you're not operating in a  "down economy", really.  And we've already seen that these cuts don't grow jobs.  They didn't when Bush enacted them, and they haven't til now.  And since the primary detriment to the economy right now is jobs related (and debt..but we can't pay off national debt without tax revenue, and we can't earn sufficient revenue when 10% of the country is out of work).....I don't see extending the cuts as being all that helpful.

The additional 2 points off income tax, as of Jan 1, is nice. We'll see if that survives into legislation.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2255 on: December 13, 2010, 07:45:37 PM »

5 liberals don't exactly make for juicy discussion.

Obama being the most boring been-there-done-that-let-me-have-my-Enron-job President since Carter doesn't help much either. Politics is dead, didn't you get the memo?

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2256 on: December 13, 2010, 10:57:19 PM »

Maybe our government will put the breaks on the big spending now that we have republicans in the house that can provide some checks and balances in Washington.  Been spending like drunken sailors for over 10 years now.  Dems have run the show for 2 years and have made things go from bad to worse.

If republicans screw up their second chance its time for a 3rd party candidate to take the white house in 2012.

10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2257 on: December 14, 2010, 12:26:47 AM »

Maybe our government will put the breaks on the big spending now that we have republicans in the house that can provide some checks and balances in Washington.  Been spending like drunken sailors for over 10 years now.  Dems have run the show for 2 years and have made things go from bad to worse.

If republicans screw up their second chance its time for a 3rd party candidate to take the white house in 2012.

You mean those Republicans who held unemployment hostage so that they could give handouts to the rich and continue running up deficits?  Thank God for fiscal responsibility!

Let's just face it.  We're fucked.  Learn Chinese.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #2258 on: December 14, 2010, 11:06:19 PM »

Bill Clinton seems so much more presidential than Obama. 
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #2259 on: December 14, 2010, 11:34:13 PM »

Republican senators piss me off they promised to not pass anything till the Bush tax cuts are done.
And guess which bill they fucking didn't pas that pisses me off? The one that gives money to the first responders of 9/11 to give them money for the health issues they faced durring the work on ground zero.

One of them says tat they spent to much money into it and a good portion of it just dissapeared but the bill fixes that problem.

How fucking heartless can you be? It's the moves like this that make me wonder why do people support the GOP? O yeah their main supporters are rich fuckers also looking out for themselfs!!!

Joe

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: