Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 12:44:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Obama Administration thread
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Obama Administration thread  (Read 252421 times)
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #2260 on: December 18, 2010, 12:31:10 PM »

I just returned from a 3,5 week worktrip from the USA (New Mexico / Texas) and a few times my collegue and I had that Fox News tv channel on for a while, my God what a load of crap is shown on there! Unreal, people are twisting stuff up displaying it as a truth. Seemed it was like some kind of playground, with the most ridiculous statements.. that thanks to Obama the USA was now not being seen anymore as a superpower, Russia had taken over that job, but was instead seen of weak thanks to Obama LOL. And they invited some English BBC hostess which tried to explain the view from Europe on these comments, but the idiots wouldn't even let her finish her words. I find it strange people even watch that channel, talking about getting brainwashed man..

This is just my European view, coming from the Netherlands voting on the kind of -right- parties our government is now being led by. I think those Fox people and followers need to actually visit one or more countries in Europe instead of talking about it and it's (world) views.

Anyways, I saw this this morning:

Thought it was funny Tongue
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #2261 on: December 19, 2010, 01:09:13 PM »

People lie to your face and they still support them. One day she is gonna be called out on all her bs and it's not gonna be a good sight to see.

Why the fuck to we put people like that in positions of power is beyond me.

Joe

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2262 on: December 19, 2010, 03:44:55 PM »

People lie to your face and they still support them. One day she is gonna be called out on all her bs and it's not gonna be a good sight to see.

No she isn't.

Joe

Because we're fucking stupid!

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #2263 on: December 20, 2010, 07:50:13 PM »

No she isn't.

Joe

Because we're fucking stupid!
If that's true then why the hell hasn't there been a WW3 if America is so stupid.
And by a WW3 I mean just the countries fighting each other not the radical groups useing terrorism.

Joe

polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #2264 on: December 20, 2010, 08:43:06 PM »

If the public could vote on the use of nukes we probably would have.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #2265 on: December 20, 2010, 09:06:15 PM »

I gotta doubt that. But if Pailin was the president we would all be fucked!!!

Joe

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #2266 on: December 21, 2010, 09:52:55 PM »

Anyone notice that today 3 people in the FCC decided to grant the government power to regulate the internet?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #2267 on: December 21, 2010, 10:33:46 PM »

Joe

If it's sex and Palin's doling it out...count me in.  Smiley
 hihi
...and yes Izzydutch, FauxNews didn't get that name without good reason.  Wink

Now, to keep things fair, the teachers' unions have to come around.  I know I'm usually left of center on my politics, but the unions in this country, especially the teachers union, needs to make some concessions. 
Chris Christy of Jersey made some good points on 60 Minutes this past weekend. 
Both sides (Dems and Repubs) need to meet in the middle, but doing so will have each of them pissing off their bases a bit.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #2268 on: December 22, 2010, 01:52:43 PM »

Joe

If it's sex and Palin's doling it out...count me in.  Smiley
 hihi
...and yes Izzydutch, FauxNews didn't get that name without good reason.  Wink

Now, to keep things fair, the teachers' unions have to come around.  I know I'm usually left of center on my politics, but the unions in this country, especially the teachers union, needs to make some concessions. 
Chris Christy of Jersey made some good points on 60 Minutes this past weekend. 
Both sides (Dems and Repubs) need to meet in the middle, but doing so will have each of them pissing off their bases a bit.

Agreed on the unions.  The problem, and you can pose this as a union or a ownership/management problem depending on perspective, is that both of these interests go hard in opposite directions.  Think of it this way...the teachers unions in most states insulate policies (tenure at worst, salary by seniority very commonly) that most would deem counterproductive to the goals of developing a world class education system.  In spite of my more leftie views on many things, I agree with the premise that this is a bad thing.  On the other hand, what can we say about teachers?  They're grossly underpaid.  You WILL NOT attract the caliber of people that you need as long as you pay them so poorly (oh, you'll get some, but not nearly enough).  So, if the teacher's unions are a problem and we get rid of them, then what happens?  We get rid of the negatives that THEY cause, but do nothing to address the negatives that are caused by our failure to reward them with decent pay.  I didn't hear the Christy interview but I hope he didn't do the usual GOP recipe for improving schools...vouchers and some mythical problem solving "test" by which we'll judge teacher performance (as if the tests of NCLB haven't proven that sort of policy a massive failure).  Furthermore, in my state the dick governor and his douche State Superintendent want to actually LOWER the standards required to become a teacher.  HOW WILL THIS HELP ANYTHING?!?!?!?!  And then, after destroying public education, they'll explain how bad public education is and why we need to privatize (I'm fairly certain this is part of a long standing Republican plot to put in place bad policies and high deficits so that they can then complain about intrusive bad policies and high deficits; see: CONSPIRACY  Wink).  Privatization is not the answer.  At least in Indiana where I live, teachers at private schools don't have to meet the same standards as in public schools --- in other words, they have LESS training --- and the pay is no better (contrary to popular belief). 

So, yes, we need to get some concessions from the teacher's unions.  I think a common sense solution is to have some combination of cost of living salary increases, the ability to fire teachers who are bad at their jobs, and performance based raises that are NOT contingent on stupid tests put in place by ideologues in state governments, but are instead based in educators in local communities (i.e. principals, primarily, but also with higher administration) evaluating teacher performance.  And this should NOT be done nationally.  The educational needs are not universal and shouldn't be treated as such. 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: