Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 01:29:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl on Better music video and more
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 79 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl on Better music video and more  (Read 643224 times)
GunsNHalen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #960 on: December 12, 2008, 05:53:56 AM »

There is an alleged song called "checkmate", which we have heard 10 seconds of. Here is the 10 seconds:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x121sd_checkmate-new-gnr-song_music

Axl, if you d/l that you will forever be another downloading motherfucker like the rest of us......just saying...

Whatever...he can't violate any laws for his own shit, can he?

Didn't O.J. just get sentenced for stealing his own stuff?

Be careful, Mr. Rose
Schwarzgold
VIP

KAWUGI!

« Reply #961 on: December 12, 2008, 05:54:00 AM »

Well at least Axl appearance made this board colorful.  hihi

Restraint is for suckers.
RebelRose89
Rocker

It's Showtime!

« Reply #962 on: December 12, 2008, 05:54:11 AM »

There is an alleged song called "checkmate", which we have heard 10 seconds of. Here is the 10 seconds:

Axl, if you d/l that you will forever be another downloading motherfucker like the rest of us......just saying...
No, he would just be a streaming motherfucker.
regardless i'm all ears on the subject if that's indeed from the '99 sessions (along with original Catcher in the Rye, I.R.S., and T.W.A.T. demos)

Go Sabres - Go Bills - Go White Sox
gnronanightrain
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #963 on: December 12, 2008, 05:55:41 AM »

Axl what happened with Tommy Hilfiger?
morokolli
Opening Act

it tastes good, don't it?

« Reply #964 on: December 12, 2008, 05:56:17 AM »

This is as close to paradise as I have ever been. I just can't believe that Axl is sitting in front of a computer (like me!) and writing on this forum. I am so happy I just can't describe it. I love you Axl.  love

Will you be touring for Chinese Democracy? Are you (PLEASE!) including Helsinki?
dead_flowers
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #965 on: December 12, 2008, 05:56:21 AM »

Axl, could you explain the meaning of I.R.S.??
KillYourIdols
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #966 on: December 12, 2008, 05:56:28 AM »

Whatever...he can't violate any laws for his own shit, can he?

Didn't O.J. just get sentenced for stealing his own stuff?

Be careful, Mr. Rose

Karmic re-alignment...

suicide
VIP

« Reply #967 on: December 12, 2008, 05:57:14 AM »

And by the way... thank you Jarmo!
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #968 on: December 12, 2008, 05:58:14 AM »

Axl, I think Mr. Thomas Eugene Stinson's bass should've been higher up in the mix on Street of Dreams and TWAT...just sayin' Wink
Nikki_Sixx
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #969 on: December 12, 2008, 05:58:22 AM »

Axl,

- What is your honest opinion on why the old lineup disintegrated ?

- What is your honest opinion on why it took so long for CD to come out ?

I think that's what most people want to know but dare not ask ...

[Axl] Arnhem '01 (cancelled) - Pukkelpop '02 - Graspop '06 - Nijmegen '06 (+ Izzy) - Paris '10 - Antwerp '10 - Lille '10 - Rotterdam '12 - Paris '12 - Graspop '12 [Axl/Dc] Werchter '16
Dexter
Opening Act

« Reply #970 on: December 12, 2008, 05:58:55 AM »

Hey Axl,

Is there anything in the past that you have now looked back on and thought maybe I culd have handled that differently, also what are your ongoing hopes for GnR in the future?

I have cyclothemia and sometimes get this feeling that I cant be around people and need my own space and area, how do you find the bipolar effect you, if you dont mind me asking that is?

thanks again for doing this.

Alex

Of course but in the world of sports and litigation....

I've not been diagnosed as being bipolar though many misconstrue statements I made earlier as alluding to such and unfortunately there's been an abundance of misguided or unqualified speculation of various events but I definitely can relate to needing my own space.

In my world all bi polar means (and not to offend or make light of those suffering from a genuine condition or involved with those who are) is that someone can try to take cheap uneducated shots or try to claim I'm bipolar thus justifying why they should get paid a financial settlement for whatever nonsense they're up to. Fortunately that hasn't proved successful.
rocketqueenrose
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #971 on: December 12, 2008, 05:58:58 AM »

jesus guys let him answer .....
josh786
Opening Act

Here Today...Gone Tomorrow

« Reply #972 on: December 12, 2008, 06:00:02 AM »

F5'ing my ass off over here.

your doin what to your ass?
^faeryeV
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #973 on: December 12, 2008, 06:00:47 AM »

AXL YOU RAT BASTARD!!! WHAT A BRILLIANT ALBUM YOU PUT OUT! CONGRATS ON IT, MAN!
 Grin

Thanks man, for popping up in here and saying some stuff. You've been away and unseen for a while, people up in here were getting worried that you were sick or breaking down or something. Great to see that you're holding up and that you are capable of lighthearted humor!

Anyway, during the years lots of people were losing heart and faith in this thing ever seeing the light of day, there was so much confusion and the devil did find all kinds of awful work for all those small idle hands to do!

Just for your information, people here in northern Europe, the rock police kind of crowd, were throwing chinese democracy jokes for years on end. Everyone thought it wouldnt come. Now that it HAS come, people who are not fans are going like "holy crap the man did it, theres some brilliant music going on in here!!!"

You've referenced Atlas Shrugged a bit already, its great to know that maybe we will get to hear some more new music. Im anxious to see you guys tour again and am expecting a great liveshow with loads of these new songs getting thrown out there with a mixture of those modernized old songs. Its going to be absolutely fantastic.

Its not good to hear that you are unhappy with an old booklet coming out with the album and that the pr-campaign didnt work out to your satisfaction. I bet you are the person who is the most disappointed in this, but hey what the hell. Dont slaughter yourself over this too much, just get out there, tour and live the new music with the world.

Its no shame to frequent the garbage can of the internet every once in a while, coming here and joking around a bit definately does not hurt your integrity or anything. It was the right thing to do, man! While I dont expect you to become a frequent quest in our little corner of the great big internet garbage can here, you are always welcome and I hope the experience of 'talking' a bit to us has not left you with any bad feelings.

while I do not adhere to the christian faith and have left the lutheran church we have as state religion here, I want to wish you a good and merry christmas.   ok
BabyGorilla
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #974 on: December 12, 2008, 06:01:10 AM »

Axl, what is your favorite Velvet Revolver song? What is your least favorite?
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #975 on: December 12, 2008, 06:01:23 AM »

axl are you a vampire and always stay up this late? ehehe
ben9785
« Reply #976 on: December 12, 2008, 06:01:38 AM »

Hello Axl,
Thanks for connecting with the fans here and giving us a opportunity to talk to you.
My great appreciation for "Chinese Democracy". It was all I expected and even more, looking forward to the rest.

My question was related to the "sound" of the album, and your intentions for the musical growth of GNR;

The 1999 MTV interview you did around the time of "Oh My God" release mentioned there could be some 'aggressive electronica with guitars' type of sound coming on a future album. The album that we have in our hands today is hard rock but with enough diverse elements to make it a more fascinating listen than the average hard rock album. I wonder if some of these elements, such as the experimental vocal layers opening "Scraped", the hip hop/funk vibe of "If The World", the programmed beats & orchestration of "Madagascar", could be a hint of a further diverse sound to come in future material? Whether its stuff you've already got lined up for release or new things you are working on?
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #977 on: December 12, 2008, 06:01:45 AM »

Merry Christmas Axl, and please tell Betha BO NADAL

Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #978 on: December 12, 2008, 06:01:47 AM »

Dexter/Axl,

A couple years ago Trent Reznor and some of the guys of NIN were posting pics on nin.com with several Axl/GN'R references.

If I remember right, one was with the NIN boys standing in front of a dressing room with a Chinese Democracy sign hanging over the door.  Another was NIN in the studio, and in a mirror you could see a glimpse of the top of your head wearing a blue bandana (ala 2002), and a third was a shot of the band playing live with Buckethead hidden in the crowd.

Wondering if you had any knowledge of this going on and/or do you have an opinion of what it might've meant?

Thank you for hanging with us and congrats on Chinese Democracy!  Awesome to have you back!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 06:03:30 AM by Lord Kayoss » Logged

Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #979 on: December 12, 2008, 06:01:52 AM »

Axl,

- What is your honest opinion on why the old lineup disintegrated ?

- What is your honest opinion on why it took so long for CD to come out ?

I think that's what most people want to know but dare not ask ...

I'd imagine we've bin fed a lot of shit in the past, so i'd like to know too, whether a message board will be the right outlet though.. I'd prefer a 4 part autobiography!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 79 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: