Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:18:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227757 Posts in 43244 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl's MYGNR/HTGTH late night interview
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl's MYGNR/HTGTH late night interview  (Read 80649 times)
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2018, 02:41:50 PM »

Wow, do I *not* miss these days.

I sort of do miss them!

Looking back, following all the ups and downs, it was an interesting (but frustrating) time. It felt like things were happening, and that things were developing in a way that was pretty fascinating to follow and be a part of.

Maybe it's just me, but I loved those days. I'm not sure how different it is now, other than that we perhaps know even less about what's going on!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
(t)
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2018, 06:50:24 PM »

I sort of do miss them!

Looking back, following all the ups and downs, it was an interesting (but frustrating) time. It felt like things were happening, and that things were developing in a way that was pretty fascinating to follow and be a part of.

Maybe it's just me, but I loved those days. I'm not sure how different it is now, other than that we perhaps know even less about what's going on!

Same here. It was 2008. We got an album! And Axl was on the forums merrily chatting with us and teasing more releases. Things were looking up.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2018, 09:45:35 AM »

I sort of do miss them!

It felt like following a losing and totally inept team.  One that was 9 years into their 5 year rebuilding plan.

The past few years, I feel like I'm looking at a professional operation.  Not the amateur hour clusterfuck we tired to put a good shine on for over 10 years.

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
D-GenerationX
Legend

Just A Monkey In The Wrench

« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2018, 09:47:15 AM »

Same here. It was 2008. We got an album! And Axl was on the forums merrily chatting with us and teasing more releases. Things were looking up.

OK, and maybe that's what you thought *that night*.

But take the 5 years after that night.  Good times?  Not really.

If these chats were the first step in seeming to give a shit about something you worked so hard on, OK, yeah.  But things didn't exactly pan out that way, did they?

I Can Finally Say I Saw Guns N' Roses Without Any Caveats, Qualifiers, Or Preambles.  And It Was GLORIOUS.  Best Concert Of My Life.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #104 on: December 14, 2018, 11:08:31 AM »

I am still bummed I missed these chats as they were happening.  I don't remember why I missed them.  I was so excited for the next one  rofl
allwaystired
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2018, 06:19:36 PM »

I sort of do miss them!

It felt like following a losing and totally inept team.  One that was 9 years into their 5 year rebuilding plan.

The past few years, I feel like I'm looking at a professional operation.  Not the amateur hour clusterfuck we tired to put a good shine on for over 10 years.

It's undoubtedly more professional now....but I still have a soft spot for all those years!

"Beyond the realms of dedication, venturing worryingly deep sometimes into obsessional delusion"
gnrrock
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »

I must admit I saw this post headline and got excited. Then realized this was from the past. Ha! Good times.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: