Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 04:43:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228014 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 40579 times)
Julio Von Kummer
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2008, 03:50:00 AM »

Hey Axl,

I'm from Brazil and I know that you hear it all the time, but I just want you to know how much you music made for me.Let me tell you a little history I'll not getting long...
When Guns N' Roses came down to Brazil in 1992 only to play Rio and S?o Paulo dates, I had to take a 12 hours by plane and go to S?o Paulo all by myself only to see my favorite band live!At that time I didn't know S?o Paulo and I would never had been in a big city like that and I was just 15 years old.
It was amazing and at the same time a very scary experience, but to me all worth to see Guns N' Roses.
So, a few years ago I spent for some kind of emotional problems, in a certain way it seemed that everything around me was disappearing, and I just keep losing...and everything got worse when I developed the panic syndrome.It was difficult, all my family have suffered so much for me and I spent two years locked in my roon for fear of going out...indeed that is what I mean, I started to react and fight back on the day that I knew that Guns would come for the Rock in Rio 2001.My determination on to be in that gig was so great that I just started a self-healing process.
That's why that show means so much to me, it represents my healing...my victory!

I want to thank you for everything you gave us over the years!
I love you  and I aways pray for you wishing your healt and peace. ok
SkeletorSerpent
Rocker

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2008, 04:08:43 AM »

1. Your vocal range is amazing, but it is also no secret that part of your amazing talent is your variety of singing "voices." e.g. the low/deep "It's So Easy/Shackler's" voice, the Brownstone/Chinese Democracy voice, the double talkin jive voice, the smooth-as-silk "Don't Cry" voice, the bluesy raspy/gravely voice "patience," the hard rock screaming voice "Welcome to the Jungle,etc., the scratchy/bluesy voice "Madagascar, the screechy/demonic howl, the high smooth soprano-type voice "end of Rocket Queen and Street of Dreams, the fast raspy scream "Perfect Crime, I.R.S., Garden of Eden, the soulful/easy-going voice "You ain't the first" etc and a ton more. Are you always cognizant of which "voice" you use in a song? In other words do you plan it out? Have you mentally or subconsciously always known that you use a variety of different voices? OR does the singing and voice you use just come naturally from the inspiration of the song?

2. My favorite singing voice of yours is the Double Talkin Jive voice. Do you have a favorite "voice" that you use? Least favorite? OR do you not consciously "categorize" your singing voices (what comes out, comes out)?
rhiad
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2008, 04:39:22 AM »

Hi Axl,

1- Got any new tattoos lately?
2- What do you think of fan GNR tattoos?
3- What will happen with footage Johnathan Rach filmed?
4- Do you got Thin Lizzy's "Black Rose" and the first Queen on vinyl? I hear they're rare. Let me know if you need 'em!
ha ha

Thanks for amazing inspirational music over the years!
Chuzeville
Rocker

I'm Serge Lama!

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2008, 04:43:49 AM »

I'm sure we could do without the Axl, do you like Argentina, Belgium, Canada... Zimbabwe questions. Let's ask question of more general interest, cheers!
Dickeye
Someone's always gotta be a dick
Rocker

Sittin' in a Chinese stew...

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2008, 04:57:24 AM »

Hey Axl,

Chinese Democracy is an epic album, with layers upon layers of awesome music, but I was wondering if you had any plans to do a stripped down/acoustic ep ala Lies with the current band?

....To view my disinfatuation...

13/12/2008 - Hung out with Bumblefoot!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2008, 04:58:11 AM »

Hello pimpmaster! wave Absolutely love the new stuff, you sound great! peace

Have you heard or gotten into any Black Metal, European folkmusic, electronic music, hardcore?
Will any new music be inspired by such genres?

/PS
Will fans who don't feel owed explanations get snowblowers instead?!! help me
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 11:41:02 AM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Litti10
Headliner

Here Today...Gone To Yesterday

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2008, 05:16:35 AM »

Thats a goodie rule  Cool dont have any Q's at the moment  but they'll pop up at the rite time
mikestone
Opening Act

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2008, 05:18:45 AM »

ok....hey axl

1. did Buckethead and Robin Finck get along, did they hang out together and are they still friends?

2. who in your opinion is the best rock band (apart from gnr) out there at the moment and why??

thanks .

i've got a funny feeling
CHRIS_WHISPER
Opening Act

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2008, 05:22:58 AM »

Hi Axl, Hi everybody!

My name's Chris from Luxemborg. First album I've ever bought was "Use your Illusion I" when I was 13. I discovered Rockmusic at that time. Today, I'm still a great fan  (saw you guys for the first time ever back in august 2002 at the Pukkelpop-Festival in Belgium. For me it was a dream come true. It was just.....magical.
But your performance Paris 2006 was even better.  (thanks to Izzy  Wink

New Album rocks!! You need to take your time and listen to it several times.....now I love it!
Favorite song of mine: Prostitute, Street of Dreams, Rhiad and the Bedouins, Better.
Favorite Moment: during the guitar solo in "This I love" when the drums come in!  I love that!  yes

My Question:
How do you work on writing the lyrics? Did they come to you when you hear the music or do you take your time and try to get something that fits perfectly in?

When you could pick 3 Albums (your favorites) to take with you on a trip outer space, which ones would they be?  Smiley
(maybe to show other civilisations what we understand under the word "music")   Wink

Thanks for the answers
and my God bless you and your friends!

And merry Christmas!  

Best regards
Chris Arend
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2008, 05:28:32 AM »

How's it goin' Axl

Very cool of you to touch base with all of the fans like this, it was certainly a surprise. I'd just like to tell you that you've been a huge inspiration to me, through both your actions as a person and as an artist, and you have my utmost respect. It's been a big part of my life, through thick and thin. Thanks again for hanging with us, it's really great to have the opportunity to talk to you like this.

I suppose if I had to ask a question, it would be this:

You mentioned that you had re-recorded the Appetite material with the new lineup at some point. Will we ever get hear it, or are there any plans for some kind of a release?

Oh, and do you have a favorite AC/DC album?

Thank you once again, and I'm really looking forward to the future of GN'R. I'll catch you on tour beer Congrats on the release of Chinese Democracy, it's an incredible piece of work, and I'd gladly wait it out all over again.

Happy holidays!
-Steve
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 06:16:09 AM by Frequent Flyer » Logged
So Relaxd
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2008, 06:14:56 AM »

hi Axl, congratulations on the release of Chinese Demcracy.  All the best with the future, it seems such small words for someone who changed my life completely.  Your lyrics and melodies are truly awesome and inspire me to write, perform and record - something I lost for many years.  You have no idea how much that means to me.  Thank you.

I saw your concert in Perth, your show rocked - I've never been so in awe and excited. Please come back.  I apologise profusely for the bad venue.  Burswood Dome has particularly bad acoustics.

1) Did you go and see Bon Scott's grave when you came to Perth (are you a fan?)?

2) Who inspires you to do the best you can?

Best of luck to Guns N' Roses, thank you for this opportunity and please visit again.

Luke
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 06:23:02 AM »

My favourite song is "Don't Damn Me". Never a song spoke to me as this one before. It eventually turned out to be some sort of hymn of my life.

In my personal experience, as people in general can't handle the truth, those who speak up their minds at all times end up, in some way or another, making their friends go away.

So, although I don't itend to change a damn thing about myself, my question is:

At the end of the day, is it worth it to always speak up our minds and tell the truth?

I'm sorry.. I didn't want to turn this into a Dr. Phil Q&A  hihi

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 06:38:56 AM »

Yo Axl

1) what happened to that "perfect crime movie" you were shooting on illusions tour?

2) in 2002 you said we'll get 18 songs and 10 extra tracks, don't get me wrong i'm very fuckin' happy with these 14 songs on CD, but i'm just curious what happened to that plan? Smiley

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
COG
Opening Act

« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 06:48:18 AM »

hi axl, here are the questions:

1) there's a good difference between your voice in 2001 and  in 2006. my question is: was the time to let the voice return, the exercise, or both of these two? and was the remoteness from scenes (and, accordingly, from the concerts etc etc) between 90's and 2001 the reason the voice has had a change or what else?

2) do you think the reason bucket left the band was he prefers to be just buckethead than buckethead, gnr guitarist? or, saying it better, he prefers to be not a member but the guy of a band where the others components play with him but specially 'for' him (i say that without having listened his last work like band, i can't find it) ?

anyway, i hope there's a possibility BH returns, he's fantastic.

ps: i'm from italy and in 2006 i couldn't come to gods of metal. i'll do all in my possibility the next time to come to see the guns, hoping you will return in italy on the next tour.

thanks and don't you try to stop you now  peace
Marco

Bring Back Buck
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2008, 06:59:50 AM »

Isn't there a thread for this already?

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2008, 07:09:08 AM »

Hey Dude, here comes a few (too many I guess)

figuring most other questions is about GNR/CD/future/past and Disney.. so although I have several questions on CD and the future here comes something different and maybe my more GNR-oriented questions will bet asked by someone else and answered elsewhere.. anyway here it goes

Are you still a fan of hip-hop/rap? Do you have any favorites?

Can you see yourself doing or are you interested in some sort of collaboration with Dr. Dre, Jay-Z, Eminem, Kanye, Nas or some other?

I love tattoos, could you tell us some about your tattoos? Specific meanings, who?ve done them, what they are? And just other shit you know like your latest, your first, your favorite etc. anything, like I?ve seen something on your lower leg, and some skullthingie or something on your wrist, spill it  Smiley.. I guess you think it's cool with fans getting GNR tattoos since you got black rose? Wink

Backyard Babies is one of my favorite bands, seeing you thanking Nicke and Dregen were cool because i know they fucking love you man  yes Dizzy played on their last record, have you heard it? I read somewhere they know del so you gotta ask him to help asking them if GNR can open for them  hihi other way around works too  Wink Do you see any chance of you maybe guesting on a ByB record or Nicke guesting on a future release from GNR? that would be tits!

Zakk Wylde is one of my favorite guitarists of all time, how was it jamming with Zakk, are there any recordings/rehearsal tapes? What did it sound like?

What's the top5 best records of 2008 in your opinion? and top5 alltime? Smiley

thanks for staying true, never selling out, writing the soundtrack of my life and always fucking be there when i've needed you, you've helped me through some shit and is a great inspiration, ok i'll stop b4 i get too stalker/brokeback mountainish Tongue

sorry, don't think i'm a bigger fan or more important then anyone else I just got carried away, it's not everyday you have this chance or maybe it is now smoking

and to stay completely political correct, merry fucking christmas and have a great new year, we wish you nothing but the best beer

Much love from Sweden / Jon
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:47:49 PM by CheapJon » Logged
Gaymo, the Hobbit
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2008, 07:12:32 AM »

Well then i will post mine here again:

Hi Axl,
Could you maybe tell us about the progress of writing "This I Love" and what this song means to you?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:22:42 AM by xBrownstonex » Logged

The only son of a bitch with enough piss, vinegar and kill-?em-all attitude to shove an M-80 up rock?s collective ass right now is Axl Rose. [LA Weekly]
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2008, 07:16:39 AM »

Well then i will post mine here again:

Could you maybe tell us about the progress of writing "This I Love" and what this song means to you?[/i]

Good question. Thought ofthat one myself, but figured it would be too personal so I left it alone. But seeing as Axl has been beyond cool with answering questions that are sort of personal already, you never know Cool

EDIT: Sorry, I just realized that we should probably limit chatting in this thread to a minimum

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Jarrod
Opening Act

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2008, 07:32:02 AM »

My 2 Questions:

1. How do you feel about people who cant get over the past and think GnR today is simply the 'Axl show' and that Guns ended in the mid 90's? (just like to add that Im not one of those people and seriously think GnR are as good today as they have ever been).

2. In 1993 you played Eastern Creek in Sydney Australia. On the same bill were Pearls and Swine, Rose Tattoo and Skid Row...and obviously Guns N Roses...It was one of the greatest concert experiences of my life...I am wondering what has been some of the greatest concerts you have ever attended through out your life?

Thanx man...Keep rockin' and Ill keep listenin'.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 07:33:49 AM by Jarrod » Logged
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2008, 08:03:22 AM »

Hey Axl,

What show gave you the biggest rush, House of Blues 01/01/01 or Hammerstein 5/12/06 ?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: