Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:15:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228065 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Future Q&As with Axl (UPDATED)  (Read 40714 times)
snow white
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #200 on: December 15, 2008, 09:58:18 PM »

1) Why the name Madagascar?

This is one of my all time favourite songs, it has gotten me through a lot, and was the song that launched me into GnR fandom in the first place. Actually, any thing you have to say about this song would be amazing, I see there are already a few questions here and there.

And thanks for doing this, its amazing. ok
thinkaboutyou
Headliner

« Reply #201 on: December 15, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »

I want to know if he considers the new members equals in new gnr

Also I would like to know what happened with Tom Zutaut
Chief
Legend

« Reply #202 on: December 15, 2008, 10:02:27 PM »

Great question, it's something i've wondered as well.

1) Why the name Madagascar?

This is one of my all time favourite songs, it has gotten me through a lot, and was the song that launched me into GnR fandom in the first place. Actually, any thing you have to say about this song would be amazing, I see there are already a few questions here and there.

And thanks for doing this, its amazing. ok

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Spirit
Legend

« Reply #203 on: December 15, 2008, 10:25:22 PM »

Thanks Axl for breaking the silence the way you did, that's really cool of you!  Cheesy

1. Has Izzy recorded/written anything with you guys for a future Guns N' Roses release?

2. How do you see the next GN'R tour to go down? Theaters, arenas or stadiums? (Which of these three do you prefer generally?)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 11:12:04 PM by Spirit » Logged

Sweetness is a virtue
And you lost your virtue long ago
disease51883
Rocker

Hey, you caught me in a Coma...

« Reply #204 on: December 15, 2008, 10:47:34 PM »

Axl...

I'm from Seymour, Indiana, and, the first time that I heard you make the Auschwitz reference, I knew exactly where you were coming from. I have to say though, either this place is getting a little better over time or I'm just getting better at over-looking it in my old age (25). Do you ever come back to visit or do you feel like it's basically not worth the hassle?

Anyway, thanks for the music. "Better" and "Prostitute" are amazing.
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #205 on: December 15, 2008, 11:51:47 PM »

Dear Axl. Greetings from Chile we hope to see you over here any time because we already know SOON it's not the word  hihi we'll wait...i'm sure I will ha!

years ago we discussed in another board, Axlette's board , what we would ask you if we had the chance, at that time my questions were about  you visiting the eastern island and eating seafood and corn pie hahahha, now, honestly I don't know what to ask you. it's been so long. hoho.

I just  want to thank you so much for everything, wish you the best in every matter of your life.

Love u  Smiley

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
big_machine
Rocker

DON`T SAY BAD WORDS

« Reply #206 on: December 16, 2008, 12:23:20 AM »

it is a pleasure  Mr. William Bruce Rose Jr, to talk to you.
my name is Tito Livio sierra , from Honduras ,Central America  (third world country)

1 - Are you gonna play a gig some day in Central America ?  (HONDURAS, COSTA RICA, GUATEMALA ,SALVADOR,NICARAGUA)     there are a lot of fans in here.

2- there was a rumor here in my country , that you visited BAY ISLANDS in Honduras, is it true ? well... you are  invited  to my beatiful  country (Probably never gonna see you PLAYING LIVE)                       

Thanks for inspired me to have a band, cause i love music just like you do.

Keep on dreaming boy, cause when you stop dreamin' it's time to die.
"Shannon Hoon"
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #207 on: December 16, 2008, 01:38:16 AM »

Oh shit. I thought I read all of them. Fucking lost a lot of sleep in the process. Not complaining. Some of the most captivating reading in years. I am loving this shit. Man, that is great, thank you for letting me know that.

@Buddha

the answer to Rock Band 2 was yes as far as I remember. hard to search from phone.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Chief
Legend

« Reply #208 on: December 16, 2008, 02:13:04 AM »

the Child in Estranged is Dylan, Stephanie's son.

ey Axl i hope you read this Smiley

i have a few questions

1) who is the child in the estranged video?

2) what is you're favorite color and favorite food? hehe i like to know that Grin

3) it was very nice to see you in 2006 here in nijmegen Wink i hope to see you again here in my hometown:) do you like nijmegen? the city itself?

thanks Axl for making chinese democracy the most numbers descripes some hard times that i had this year mostly this i love thank you very much again the album means a lot to me!

Love and peace for you Axl

Dennis Wink

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Appetite4ARose
Opening Act

Orale!

« Reply #209 on: December 16, 2008, 02:32:21 AM »

Um...do you sing in the shower, Axl?  peace
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #210 on: December 16, 2008, 05:05:48 AM »

1. We all know that celebrities must develop tough skin to be able to deal with all the negative shit that comes with being famous. The media does nothing but print lies and negativity, and the general public eats that shit up. (Apparently 90% of the world's population is made up of dickheads and douchebags.) And although every celebrity has to deal with that to some extent, it seems like you catch more flak than just about any celeb I know of. No matter what you say, it's spun around by the media in a negative way. As a fan I get sick and tired of reading bullshit articles that do nothing but tear you down. And then I read the comments that users leave and all they do is make fun of you, like they want to see you fail. All I am is a fan, and yet it still angers me and frustrates me and saddens me when I read and hear that kind of stuff, so I can't imagine what kind of impact it must have on the person whom all the negativity and hatred is being directed. You gave out a big 'fuck you' to all the haters and naysayers with "Get in the Ring" . . . At this point in your life, do you just ignore all the negative shit people say about you? Does it still anger you and piss you off, or do you just become numb to it all? Also, if people weren't so eager to tear you down everytime you performed a show or made a public appearance, would we see more of you?

2. You quoted Cool Hand Luke in "Civil War," Vanishing Point in "Breakdown," and numerous films in "Madagascar," which leads me to believe that you're a bit of a film buff. So, just wondering, what are some of your favorite films?

Here Today . . .
crash_diet
Rocker

"...too stupid to leave with nothing to loose..."

« Reply #211 on: December 16, 2008, 07:37:08 AM »

well, here is my questions :

1) Axl, if you read this, i ve always wanted to know if you have any future plans on starting a family....if you wanna have kids etc... i think it 'd be great for you to have a kid, it d fullfill your life and emotions....

2) What s your memories from Greece, if you have any  Grin back in 1993, and in 2006... both concerts were great, i think the 2006 one, was the greatest... and what did really happened in 1993 and Dizzy said "i didnt have in mind Athens, Greece when we wrote Civil War, but now it all comes to light....."

i d like t thank you for all the great songs you ve written all these years... and most of all, thank you for sticking to the name "Guns n Roses" and everything that this name stands for in our hearts!

hope to see you soon in greece again  ok
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:31:37 AM by crash_diet » Logged

This i love -------> Prostitute
...a shot of vitamin C and a bottle of booze...
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #212 on: December 16, 2008, 01:47:53 PM »

Man...you take a week or so "off" from the forums to take your kids to Disneyworld and look what fuckin' happens!

I've finally read the volumes that Axl wrote...some good stuff in there.  Certainly nice to see lots of his side of the story.  I'm going to dispense with the hero worship and gushing (though I could do hours of it, standing on my head....thanks for ALL the material: from appetite to Illusions to CD.  GREAT stuff and more or less the soundtrack of life, for me....see, there I go with the gushing and "hero worship"!) and get right to questions.

Here are my questions (and I'm gonna break the rules by posting 3):

1) What song would YOU most like to "cover", in concert....any song, any decade, any band/artist.

2) My favorite track on CD is "Sorry".   It reminds me of a more subdued version of "Get in the Ring"....sort of an "older mans" take.  Was it as cathartic to write as it sounds like it would be?  Can you talk a bit about that (in generalities...I'm not looking for specifics of "who, what's, where's" or for you to "name the guilty") and maybe give us a clue as to how "old" the song is?

3)  This I love.  Fucking wow.  I read that you were against including the song....but it may be one of the most powerful, beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard.  It's certainly one that seems to really connect with a lot of people.  The "naked" piano and vocals really bring so much meaning to the lyrics, and I give you major props for putting yourself out there like that....ah, there I go with the gushing again.  Can you talk about why you didn't want to include that song?  Too personal? Too painful?  Again, I'm not looking for specifics..but if you could talk in generatlities about the process that song went through, and where it came from (to me: it's the sound of a heart breaking captured almost perfectly)?

Thanks and here's hoping you come back soon and nobody scared you away.  Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #213 on: December 16, 2008, 01:56:10 PM »

Here's my questions:

1)  Was/Is "This I Love" meant to be the 3rd part of the (1) Don't Cry (2) November Rain (3)?? (4) Estranged trilogy?

2)  I personally have long been a fan of the "epic" gnr songs such as November rain, estranged, coma etc....and I noticed that there are no super long songs on Chinese Democracy.  Are the days of the long epic gnr songs gone?

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
gally
Headliner

slane 92, leeds 02, dublin 06

« Reply #214 on: December 16, 2008, 02:08:24 PM »

Hello from Ireland Axl,

What do you spend your spare time at, does music take up as much of your time as it used to say 10 years ago?javascript:void(0);
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #215 on: December 16, 2008, 02:38:07 PM »

@Buddha

the answer to Rock Band 2 was yes as far as I remember. hard to search from phone.

I can't, for the life of me, find that question/answer anywhere.....

If you get a chance, can you link to it?  So I can do a couple of cartwheels and then start pestering the Harmonix guys for WHEN we'll see it?

Together again,
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #216 on: December 16, 2008, 02:54:42 PM »

@Buddha

I can't, for the life of me, find that question/answer anywhere.....

If you get a chance, can you link to it?  So I can do a couple of cartwheels and then start pestering the Harmonix guys for WHEN we'll see it?

cartwheel away  ok

Quote from: Dexter @ CD.com
Quote from: TWT (free at last...) on Today at 12:18:31
And the Dexter TV show, hopefully. Maybe Six Feet Under as well. Oh, wait! Axl, I find the verses on Shackler's Revenge to remind me of The Sopranos theme tune in certain ways. Should they do? Furthermore, any chance of getting the complete album on Rockband? That would be swell. I've done SR on expert, so if you're looking for a guitarist, PM me.

Edit: Shit, I just saw the above post in red. We'll have to find out the answer to that one another day 

Never thought of that w/the Sopranos but a big fan of that song.  And I think that's a yes on Rockband.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

« Reply #217 on: December 16, 2008, 03:01:25 PM »

I'm officially jumping up and down...and going to order some more MS points for my 360.

WOO HOO.

I'll be psyched to see the whole album....It'll be interesting to see how they implement TIL.

I'm going over to start pestering the Harmonix guys RIGHT NOW.

Smiley

Together again,
vixter1228
Opening Act

« Reply #218 on: December 16, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »

With regards to making videos do you plan to do any along similar lines to Don't Cry and November Rain or maybe even feature length?
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #219 on: December 16, 2008, 04:47:20 PM »

Whats the story behind the song I.R.S? If there even is a story.(personally my favorite track on the album)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: