Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:43:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Axl again on mygnrforum: Dexter homework  (Read 99952 times)
Silverchair
Rocker

« Reply #360 on: December 18, 2008, 10:53:40 AM »

The break-up isn't an issue for me. It shouldn't be an issue for anybody... fans, casual listeners or critics.

It's done. It's over. Move on.

What's next... just let Axl and Co. focus on the record. Promotion, tours, videos whatever they want. It's hilarious the comments posted on rollingstone.com and ultimate-guitar.com... everyone is an expert, everyone has an opinion, everyone picked a side... cuz they were obviously there when the arguments broke out, during the intimate dressing room moments.

Oh yeah... let's not forget, everyone witnessed the "Axl stole the band name" incident.

My point: People = Shit.

If you choose to not believe Axl... that's your choice.

"They don?t make ?em like Vince Neil or Tommy Lee anymore. And there sure hasn?t been another Axl Rose. " via MSNBC- 2008.

"Think For Yourself, Question Authority"

HUMOR = Negative Karma
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #361 on: December 18, 2008, 11:06:40 AM »

The break-up isn't an issue for me. It shouldn't be an issue for anybody... fans, casual listeners or critics.

for me, it's never been an issue or something to blame anyone for. been thankful for the vr guys for leaving the band then as I love GNR. Grin

kuruptlon
Opening Act

« Reply #362 on: December 18, 2008, 11:14:59 AM »

"Which led to the trial period where Slash played the key bits of Fall to Pieces but once I showed some interest that was over."

Can anyone shed some light on this?
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #363 on: December 18, 2008, 12:59:34 PM »

"Which led to the trial period where Slash played the key bits of Fall to Pieces but once I showed some interest that was over."

I guess it's the Fall to Pieces Velvet Revolver put out.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #364 on: December 18, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »

probobly sounds vary simular to me

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
kuruptlon
Opening Act

« Reply #365 on: December 18, 2008, 02:08:21 PM »

Yeah but what if anything does that have to do with axl?
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #366 on: December 18, 2008, 02:11:21 PM »

i dont know

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #367 on: December 18, 2008, 02:22:30 PM »

I don't know if the original question was posed in regards to certain websites taking what Axl said and making it sound like he's claiming VR "stole" Gn'R material.  I don't know where that comes from; all Axl said was that he heard the basic pieces of what became Fall to Pieces from Slash and as soon as he showed interest, Slash pulled it away.  That's all.

I don't think there is much else to the story (that we know, anyway)

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Jdog0830
Legend

« Reply #368 on: December 18, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »

I don't know if the original question was posed in regards to certain websites taking what Axl said and making it sound like he's claiming VR "stole" Gn'R material.  I don't know where that comes from; all Axl said was that he heard the basic pieces of what became Fall to Pieces from Slash and as soon as he showed interest, Slash pulled it away.  That's all.

yea in time i think well find out what the hell got this happening with Slash and Axl

kuruptlon
Opening Act

« Reply #369 on: December 18, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »

oh alright I never heard that, or maybe i just dont remember thats why i had no idea what he was talking about when he said that bit...thanks for the feedback
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #370 on: December 18, 2008, 03:05:52 PM »

This kills me. If Slash really did this, then the dude I use to think was so great is just a bitch. I am starting to think this already in my gut. I am taking Axl's side. It (Axl's story) just seems (sounds) right to me. On the flip side, Axl played things for them like TIL and never acted like a fuckhead just wanting to hold onto the material just for himself. They heard some of the material that is on Chinese Democracy, in its early stages. They heard them and still left. This new GNR album is beyond brilliant and masterful. Nothing they have done since being in GNR is anything in the same universe as Chinese Democracy. That is a straight up fact they will never be able to live down. And any kind of debate on who is right ends with this very simple straight forward truth. I just read the Ron Thal interview and he said that he believes in Axl and Axl's vision. I have lost much respect for Duff and Slash for not. They are obviously not worthy of my respect if even half of what Axl said is true (which I am thinking is closer to the real truth in light of much evidence to support this). Really fuck Slash. I still love old GNR's music but if push comes to shove, where Chinese Democracy and this new GN'R goes. I go. I will not give Slash or Duff one more penny unless they fucking get real and dig fucking deep and produce something fucking real fucking special. Chinese Democracy and Axl fucking Rose has just raised the bar.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
TomFriend
VIP

Even the phone...

« Reply #371 on: December 18, 2008, 04:01:43 PM »

He's saying Slash wrote the riff to Fall To Pieces while he was still in GNR, and when Axl showed interest in it, buried it away. It eventually wound up on Contraband. What's so hard to understand?

And there goes the challenger...
Axlative
Rocker

All Better now!

« Reply #372 on: December 18, 2008, 04:14:01 PM »

He's saying Slash wrote the riff to Fall To Pieces while he was still in GNR, and when Axl showed interest in it, buried it away. It eventually wound up on Contraband. What's so hard to understand?

Well... the "why?" is not that obvious.

I understood that as part of the "smoke Axl out of GNR campaign" where Slash tried to make it look like Axl had (only) some weird ass industrial vision he wanted to chase. Obviously that wasn't the case and Axl was interested in going with Slash's blues rock stuff. So bringing classic rock stuff to the table wouldn't have suited Slash as it would've proved his allegations false right off the bat.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #373 on: December 18, 2008, 04:57:27 PM »

Or, is it that Slash wasn't sure he had anything even remotely good until Axl showed interest. Slash must have had his ego smashed by the, and rightfully so, beating he took musically for his lame and failed solo projects. Axl validated something he had so he decided to get all greedy and figured he would keep it for a Axlless future. 

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #374 on: December 18, 2008, 05:10:02 PM »

Regarding Axl's statement about Fall to Pieces, I think this excerpt from a past interview Axl gave (2001?), sheds a lot of light on what he meant:

"It seemed to me that anytime we got close to something that would work, it wasn?t out of opinion that Slash would go ?hey it doesn?t work?, but it was nixed simply because it did work. In other words, ?Whoa, wait a minute. That actually might be successful, we can?t do that.? People like to call me paranoid. It has nothing to do with paranoia; it was to do with reality. If the material were strong enough for me to sink my teeth in then I would still be in a certain public position in regards to Guns, we?d have possibly still held a certain popularity with the public as I have previously been fortunate enough to have had. Slash and his ex-wife Renee and his security guy and closest confidant at the time, Ronnie Stalnacker could not live with that. It?s not something Slash could live with. Slash chose not to be here over control issues. Now people can say ?Well Axl, you?re after control of the band too.? You?re damn skippy. That?s right. I am the one held responsible since day one."
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #375 on: December 18, 2008, 06:34:24 PM »

Yeah, Axl has said in at least two interviews that Slash would try to keep the material "down" for personal reasons (I think Axl claimed Slash didn't want the material to be too successful for Slash to handle)...  Fall To Pieces is an example of this, which is funny because he released it a number of years later and it was a big hit.
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #376 on: December 18, 2008, 06:55:48 PM »

Yeah, Axl has said in at least two interviews that Slash would try to keep the material "down" for personal reasons (I think Axl claimed Slash didn't want the material to be too successful for Slash to handle)...  Fall To Pieces is an example of this, which is funny because he released it a number of years later and it was a big hit.

I also thought that the earlier mentions of it were a "fear of success" thing which seemed a little strange, considering the success they had already had.   Though now it seems, Axl is saying that Slash didn't want the success with Axl/Guns.  Once any material had interest shown in it, it was withdrawn kinda-thing.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #377 on: December 18, 2008, 07:50:15 PM »

I understood that as part of the "smoke Axl out of GNR campaign" where Slash tried to make it look like Axl had (only) some weird ass industrial vision he wanted to chase. Obviously that wasn't the case and Axl was interested in going with Slash's blues rock stuff. So bringing classic rock stuff to the table wouldn't have suited Slash as it would've proved his allegations false right off the bat.

What was Oh My God then? I think the other members should be heard from. Why did Duff quit? Is he lying also? Why did Izzy quit?

I think u have to take the sum of the entire band before u immediately jump to saying This guy is right or this guy is right etc.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #378 on: December 18, 2008, 08:00:27 PM »

If you look at Slash's own statement...he may have told somewhat of a 'truth' here...he claims that he 'gave' Axl the next GnR album, and Axl only showed interest in working on a couple songs.  Now apply Axl's statement and you have a more complete picture of what actually happened.  It was a case of all or nothing with Slash, who was obviously making his power play to 'take back' Guns...even though he never had it.  Axl was legitimately trying to work things through (according to his statement to protect his interest in the band) and was interested in a couple songs...does it surprise anyone that one of the most successful songs VR put out, Axl had shown interest in years earlier?  He has always had his finger on our pulse.  If Slash could have cleaned up, and accepted that he was a very talented guitar player in the greatest band on earth - rather than the greatest guitar player on earth with a good band backing him up - we may have seen CD years earlier...with slight differences...and imagine Axl singing on Slither, FTP, etc (I bet we would have much BETTER lyrics).  Sadly it didn't work out, Slash's ego won out, and we (the band & the fans) lost years to his legal bullshit.

Axl:  ok
Slash:  no

Also, Axl's silence in the past is completely justified/explainable.  Slash left with NOTHING, he quit, had nothing to lose..Axl had GnR...as long as Slash had a prayer in court, Axl needed to keep quiet and let his legal team tend to business.  We KNOW how WE felt...imagine the pressure/pain for Axl, being in effect a hostage to GnR & Slash over the last 12 years.  Imagine having to let someone motherf--k you in public for YEARS to protect your interest in something...like a marriage...at least divorce doesn't usually go on for 12 years, and your ex can't keep coming back to the trough again, and again.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 08:16:39 PM by IKnowWhereIAM » Logged

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #379 on: December 18, 2008, 08:04:42 PM »

What was Oh My God then? I think the other members should be heard from. Why did Duff quit? Is he lying also? Why did Izzy quit?

I think u have to take the sum of the entire band before u immediately jump to saying This guy is right or this guy is right etc.

Wasn't it made clear (both from Axl and Izzy) that Izzy didn't enjoy touring with Guns?  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I thought I read a while back.  Izzy enjoyed doing his thing and that was that.

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: