Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:43:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Weak and Depresion
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Weak and Depresion  (Read 103666 times)
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« on: December 16, 2008, 02:22:02 PM »

Im a sophmore in high school i didnt do so good right now im depresed about a lot of stuff just bout things that have happened in the past 3 years i just dont know what to do not to mention the girl i really like dosent even know i exist and by next school year i have to go to my new school opening up any advice

O yea and u can also post stories bout times u guys were depresed to and how u dealed with it
« Last Edit: December 17, 2008, 02:03:13 PM by Jdog0830 » Logged

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
GeorgeSteele
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 03:36:00 PM »

Plastics.
its_so_easy
Rocker

axl rose is back!!!

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 05:32:59 PM »

just get on with it, things will get better in time

Good fuckin night
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 05:35:58 PM »

If she doesnt know you exist its because you havent done anything to make her notice you. a.k.a go talk to her.

Also, how can you really like someone if you dont know them very much. Sure you can think, id have a piece of her. But to LIKE someone you must at least know them somewhat before letting the illusion of the mystery blind you.

html sucks
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2008, 07:14:49 PM »

Plastics.

Steele, that was classic...are you trying to seduce me?   hihi  (for the young'ns out there those are references from a great movie called The Graduate.)

jdog830, keep your nose in the books.  Set some goals for yourself and talk it over with a friend or 2.  Trust me, there are guys (and girls) your age going through the same shit.  Try to turn negatives into positives...it'll help you now, and it will help you your whole life.  Trust me.  We've all been where you are.  It gets better.   yes

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 08:26:58 PM »

If she doesnt know you exist its because you havent done anything to make her notice you. a.k.a go talk to her.

Also, how can you really like someone if you dont know them very much. Sure you can think, id have a piece of her. But to LIKE someone you must at least know them somewhat before letting the illusion of the mystery blind you.
its not that she dosent know me and that i dont know her we have a lot of things in common in fact its just that i guess that we dont talk vary much i dont know it confusing shit

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2008, 09:19:37 PM »

Im a sophmore in high school i didnt do so good right now im depresed about a lot of stuff just bout things that have happened in the past 3 years i just dont know what to do not to mention the girl i really like dosent even know i exist and by next school year i have to go to my new school opening up any advice

hitting the books is a good one - the lack of punctuation and spelling errors in your post is atrocious.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2008, 09:35:57 PM »

its not that she dosent know me and that i dont know her we have a lot of things in common in fact its just that i guess that we dont talk vary much i dont know it confusing shit

well, to get someone to like you, ya gotta spend some time together. ideally, time without the rest of your mates getting in the way and distracting her attention from the wonderful human being that is yourself! do something that you both enjoy, if you have things in common like you said it should be easy to think of something you can have even a 5 minute conversation about.   failing that, shove CD under her nose and say 'have you heard -insert your favourite song of awesomeness here- ?' if the answer is yes, enthuse with her. if the answer is no, it's obvious what to do. i think the trick would be to try a little bit every day. not a grand gesture that'll embarrass her and probably you.

but girl troubles are the tip of the iceberg? find someone you trust and talk to them about it. please don't do something that'll damage yourself (I don't just mean sharp things, I mean it'd be better in the long run not to abuse drugs/alcohol as a means of escape from the current horrible situation cuz then ya hafta get over THAT as well...) it is MUCH smarter to talk about your problems than 'shut up and deal' or get trashed and forget about it. ....however, if you have grand plans that involve the army or anything that'll check your medical record, don't see a doctor about it. (experience has taught me this...) see a friend, a relative, maybe even your school counsellor or dean (though, they're likely to tell your olds, so be leery of them).  or me, you can always talk to me. ^^ I went through a rather horrendous few years not too long ago so no matter what the other  fuckers that post here tell you, I will help you as much as I can (from my home in the south pacific) if you want my help.

and if you don't want my help, you're still not escaping my warm-squishy-as-much-as-possible-via-the-interwebs HUG! don't give up.

do you even know where the fuck I am?
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2008, 09:51:01 PM »

My advice is not to worry about women until you are like 22 or 23 at least.  It's just a distraction, and now is a good time for you to start building a solid base for your future life.  If a woman happens to come along in the meantime, great, but if not, don't worry about it.  Focus on building a good foundation for your job and your plans for the future.

I find when things are most depressing, if I set goals for myself and actually reach out and make progress towards those goals, it makes all the difference in the world.  Focusing on things, like girls, is just a waste of time and you will have plenty of time for that in your future.

Another point:  The guys that are usually the best with women are either a) naturally that way, and that's that or b) they've spent a lot of time with women figuring out how to be smooth.  Basically, they've wasted their time, and instead of becoming smart and making something of themselves, they've become good at picking up women.  Figure out which you'd rather be.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 09:52:37 PM by loretian » Logged

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2008, 10:12:39 PM »

My advice is not to worry about women until you are like 22 or 23 at least.  It's just a distraction, and now is a good time for you to start building a solid base for your future life.  If a woman happens to come along in the meantime, great, but if not, don't worry about it.  Focus on building a good foundation for your job and your plans for the future.

I find when things are most depressing, if I set goals for myself and actually reach out and make progress towards those goals, it makes all the difference in the world.  Focusing on things, like girls, is just a waste of time and you will have plenty of time for that in your future.

Another point:  The guys that are usually the best with women are either a) naturally that way, and that's that or b) they've spent a lot of time with women figuring out how to be smooth.  Basically, they've wasted their time, and instead of becoming smart and making something of themselves, they've become good at picking up women.  Figure out which you'd rather be.

yeah but sometimes agonizing over unrequited love takes precedence over making goals and stuff. it doesn't just flit away because you've got other shit to do. (in my experience, at least...) not just that, it seems entirely foolish to recommend to a young, hormone-filled lad NOT to even TRY to get the girl. how's he gonna learn anything, eh? more importantly, how's he gonna get laid?!

that being said, don't let the bad luck with wimmens get you down, jdog, even if this one doesn't work out for you, you'll get another chance. Smiley

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2008, 10:15:18 PM »

yeah but sometimes agonizing over unrequited love takes precedence over making goals and stuff. it doesn't just flit away because you've got other shit to do. (in my experience, at least...) not just that, it seems entirely foolish to recommend to a young, hormone-filled lad NOT to even TRY to get the girl. how's he gonna learn anything, eh? more importantly, how's he gonna get laid?!

that being said, don't let the bad luck with wimmens get you down, jdog, even if this one doesn't work out for you, you'll get another chance. Smiley

unrequited love?  He's got a crush on her.  Certainly if he truly feels this is the one and only one, yeah, go for it, but I'm skeptical.    The thing, when you're that young, you have an opportunity to do so many things.  Why waste that time on a girl?  If it comes along, great, but if not, you're better off focusing on building a better future for yourself, cause love will surely come along on it's own, in it's own time, without any effort or focus required!

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 10:31:58 PM »

Try the mystery method  ok

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2008, 11:01:06 PM »

Tell us about the mystery method!
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2008, 11:37:20 PM »

Tell us about the mystery method!

It's on VH1 dude!

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2008, 11:41:02 PM »

How well do you know the girl? Anything you guys have in common, you guys like any of the same stuff? That's a start.

Don't focus on one girl though, you'll have plenty of time for that later when you marry someone, have kids  and you lose your freedom  hihi - yes I am joking of course.... Huh

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2008, 12:38:51 AM »

unrequited love?  He's got a crush on her.  Certainly if he truly feels this is the one and only one, yeah, go for it, but I'm skeptical.    The thing, when you're that young, you have an opportunity to do so many things.  Why waste that time on a girl?  If it comes along, great, but if not, you're better off focusing on building a better future for yourself, cause love will surely come along on it's own, in it's own time, without any effort or focus required!

Angsting over girls is character-building. Just look at Axl.

$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2008, 01:44:02 AM »

My advice is not to worry about women until you are like 22 or 23 at least. 

your joking right? thats nearly impossible......for me anyways and probably most young men.

i know when ive got girl troubles, i cant think about anything else until i get some closure. maybe thats just me though Huh

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
cjmax02
Rocker

literary protostar

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2008, 02:08:04 AM »

My advice is not to worry about women until you are like 22 or 23 at least. 

your joking right? thats nearly impossible......for me anyways and probably most young men.

i know when ive got girl troubles, i cant think about anything else until i get some closure. maybe thats just me though Huh

yep, see this is what I thought! (as my kitten climbs up my leg - ow!)

andy1981
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2008, 08:40:57 AM »

best advise I've read in years dude.

To be honest, keep your chin up, be yourself, do stuff you enjoy, whatever that may be. If its meant to be, the chick will respect you more in the long run.

Its this time of year that fucks with peoples heads, your expected to be all cheery and looking forward to the holidays. I say fuck that, people expect too much at this time year. Although it is different if you have kids.

Enjoy your time @ school, it really may be the best time of your life. Don't put too much of an expectation on one chick. Believe me every one of them is an utter pain in the ass, some more so than others but there are loads out there, don't limit yourself.

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2008, 08:46:04 AM »

Just turn yourself into a rockstar. Thats what i did. Fucked off all the confidence problems caused by the twats at school. Got myself an image i wanted, got fucking cool, got confidence. Did everything my way. Then you aint just a face. You are *insert your name here* and you are a legend n everyone knows they will have a laugh if you are around.

Its ALL about confidence. If you allow people to keep you down, if you let your own demons keep you down. Youll always stay down. Mentally and physically. Youll feel like crap but you wont have what it takes to get out of feeling like crap. You need to think "i havent got anything to lose talking to her" cause at the end of the day if she doesnt end up liking you. its one woman. Theres many, many ,many more out there you could like and they could like you.

Just be confident, even if its false confidence, just go for it man. Anybody* can do anything they want

*special needs people
disabled people etc are slightly not valid for that quote, but they can do anything they are not restricted from doing physically.

html sucks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 32 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: