Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:56:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227787 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  'Sober House' Featuring Steven Adler To Premiere Next Month
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Sober House' Featuring Steven Adler To Premiere Next Month  (Read 47720 times)
Pine Barrens
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2009, 12:38:56 PM »

Sounds like it's his last episode. If I understand the house rules correctly, having the police come and arrest you at the house probably means he's not welcome back as it is not the right environment for him.

In fact, my initial thought when the show started and they introduced everyone, saying they had had a week at home was, "what the fuck?" Why would you let someone like Steven Adler, who's had 3 days of sobriety since age 11, an who had now only been in rehab for 3 weeks (Celeb Rehab stint), go home unsupervised? Any idiot could have told you he would go straight back home and use. He should have been shipped directly to sober living or, and this is my personal belief, he should have continued rehab more extensively. The man wasn't ready, anyone could see that.

Sometimes I wonder about the producers of the show..Are they thinking about their clients' best interest, or are they weighing it against "good TV"? In the beginning of Celeb Rehab I felt it was legit, but after that whole "one week at home" crap, I'm not so sure...

It's a good PSA against drugs, though. 'Cause man, no one wants that life.
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2009, 05:35:54 PM »

No doubt, the first two episodes have made for entertaining television. Thats what VH1 is most concerned about. If they didn't care as much about ratings, then the show wouldn't be starring celebrities, especially those with reckless behaviors i.e. Steven
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2009, 11:06:10 PM »

I was a little surprised that the other participants were so against the decision to call the cops on Steven.  Saying they should've just let him "sleep it off".  Give me a break.  How many chances must one receive?  The guy attempted to get dressed for THREE HOURS, he couldn't find his room for another hour, and he was slapping himself in the head while sitting by the computer.  Yeah, let's just let the man sleep.  Not to mention the verbal abuse he put the staff through and the fact that he brought motherF'ing heroin into a sober environment.  It kind of pissed me off how many people were sticking up for him and against the house mom for making the RIGHT decisions.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Pine Barrens
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »

I agree. And not only that, it was very hypocritical. When Seth showed up at the Rehab center at the end of the last season of Celeb Rehab, he was high as a kite on crack. Everyone freaked out, telling Drew how it made them want to use and how nervous that made them so on... And now you have Steven with his own little heroin stash, and no one seems to mind that he's putting their sobriety in jeopardy?
The house mom made the right decision, the dude needs more help than a sober house can give him. And after seeing those bruises on her legs, Steven's lucky she didn't get him for assualt as well. Here's Jennifer's account of how she got the bruises from (From VH1's website):

Q: "You made reference to it last week, but this week you show the bruises that resulted from your altercation with Steven. How exactly did you get them?

A: Furniture was being thrown and there were drawers and doorknobs to contend with. He had a little table that he lifted and threw. It hit my legs and was pushed against me ? that kind of stuff. It wasn?t like he was swinging at me, it was stuff being shoved while we were just standing there trying to talk reason to him."

And one more thing, it seems last week wasn't Steven's episode, they are having him on this week again, confronting him with a tape of what he did at the house.
Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2009, 01:54:05 PM »

u guys think they will let Steven Back???

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2009, 03:38:33 PM »

u guys think they will let Steven Back???

yes

without steven, u got no ratings.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2009, 05:45:22 PM »

I think because the other members of the house had not been around Steven when he was loaded they didn't understand that he becomes incredibly violent and abusive.  And that was just on "H," you should see him when he's smoking crack - he will pick things up, throw them through windows, against the walls and if you're in the way, too bad.  Try and stop him from using and he'll beat the living shit out of you.   

So, basically, when he is sober he's a nice guy, not the brightest bulb in the pack, but nice.  When he's loaded he becomes a violent, abusive asshole.  Given the amount of time he has spent sober as opposed to loaded, overall I would have to say he is a total asshole. 
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2009, 07:50:15 PM »

I dont think they care too much about the people there, remember they need rating cuz they want to make money with the show and they take advantage of the situation, so im pretty sure they gonna let Steven go back to the house, but I think the house wont help him, sober houses is for people that are already SOBER, not for people that just stop using 24 hours ago.
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2009, 11:44:10 PM »

I dont think they care too much about the people there, remember they need rating cuz they want to make money with the show and they take advantage of the situation, so im pretty sure they gonna let Steven go back to the house, but I think the house wont help him, sober houses is for people that are already SOBER, not for people that just stop using 24 hours ago.

Exactly. He'd be better served in rehab, but hes been through it so many times before.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2009, 05:58:57 PM »

Episode 3 Show Clips

The police arrest Steven
After finding Steven high and in possession of heroin, the police arrest Steven. Watch!

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1603661&vid=336556

**SPOILER**

Episode 4

It's several days after Steven's relapse. He's now completed treatment at Las Encinas and is asking to be allowed to return to the sober house. The other residents debate whether or not they even want Steven back at the house. They eventually come to the conclusion that they do want him back, but they want to make certain that Jennifer is okay with it first. The next day in process group, they share their feelings with Dr. Drew. Dr. Drew sits down with Steven's loved ones to discuss the situation. They've watched Steven's drug use for years but this relapse was it for them. They need him to commit to sobriety once and for all otherwise they won't be there for him.
Dr. Drew makes it known that the only way Steven will be allowed back in the Sober House is if Jennifer, the house mom, allows him to return. Jennifer tells Dr. Drew she feels it's too soon but she is willing to hear what Steven has to say. Dr. Drew wants Steven to truly understand the severity of his actions before he meets with Jennifer, so he shows Steven a video of himself the night he was arrested. After seeing how he behaved when he was high, Steven is visibly shaken and apologizes to his family and friends for all he's put them through. That's not the person he wants to be and this time, he vows to take his sobriety seriously Still, Steven has one more person to convince. And that's Jennifer.
Finally, it's the moment of truth. Steven sits down with Jennifer in an attempt to convince her that he's not going to make the same mistake again. After seeing a piece of herself in Steven and a new side of his personality, she accepts his apology and allows him to come back to the house. That evening, Steven returns to the house and is welcomed back by his fellow residents who are more than willing to give him another chance.
The next day at the sober house brings the announcement that a new person will be joining the group. The residents are initially reluctant to hear the news, particularly Seth who is being asked to share his room. Meanwhile, the new guest Andy Dick, is on his way. By the time Andy arrives at the Sober House, nearly everyone is asleep except Jennifer and Mary who greets him, then heads to bed. Jennifer shows Andy around and the two stay up bonding. The next morning, Andy shares his story with the rest of the groups, many of whom already have a history with him and are quite happy to have them there.
While at lunch, Amber gets a text from a guy she's interested in who invites her to a party. The rest of the house thinks it could be a trigger for her to use and ask her to rethink going alone, but Amber wants a real relationship and the hope of seeing Kip wins out over the threat to her sobriety. Andy notices how nervous Amber is as she heads out to the party and he gives her his number, hoping that she'll call him before she drinks. Amber arrives at the party and is so nervous, she can barely walk in by herself... which is not a good sign.
The party is packed. In short, it's not quite the intimate night Amber was expecting with Kip who instantly leaves her side in favor of joining the fray. Feeling uncomfortable, Amber calls Mary and tries to talk her into joining her at the party, but Mary doesn't think it's a good idea and worries that they wouldn't make it home by curfew. A disappointed Amber holds off as long as she can, then finally succumbs to tthe temptation and relapses on alcohol. While the rest of the house worries whether she'll make it home or not, Amber finally connects with Kip.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2009, 06:24:09 PM »

They actually show the new episodes Thursday afternoon before the time slot at night. Steven did apologize after seeing what the drugs did to him, but it only makes me wonder how many times he's said that before.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2009, 06:44:22 PM »

I am not 100 percent sure, but didn't Slash say something in his book about how mischievous and conniving Steven could be? How he was a great bullshitter or something

I know he seemed genuine to them but U could see something in his smile that made me think he was sorta full of shit and wasn't a bit sorry.

Steven though, has been clean for almost half a year now right?

He got arrested in June or so and hasn't been back right?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
pugdog1987
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »

Actually, he didn't make his court date in December 2008 because he was in rehab AGAIN and then asked the Judge to sentence him to a State sanctioned rehab AGAIN.  So he got out of rehab right before he did the gig at the Key Club.   hihi
Rage in the Cage
Headliner

« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2009, 09:01:35 PM »

I am not 100 percent sure, but didn't Slash say something in his book about how mischievous and conniving Steven could be? How he was a great bullshitter or something

I know he seemed genuine to them but U could see something in his smile that made me think he was sorta full of shit and wasn't a bit sorry.

Yeah, I saw that too. Like he gets satisfaction out of tricking everybody into thinking hes sorry when really it hurts him more than anything. I saw clips from his court date and he was back to calling the house mom a bitch, so he couldn't have been that apologetic.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2009, 11:53:37 PM »

^^
Episode 4 Show Clips

Steven reacts to seeing his drug binge on tape
Finally sober, Steven watches the tape of his drug binge in the Sober House. Take a look!

http://www.vh1.com/video/play.jhtml?id=1604398&vid=339104

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »

Yeah, I saw that too. Like he gets satisfaction out of tricking everybody into thinking hes sorry when really it hurts him more than anything. I saw clips from his court date and he was back to calling the house mom a bitch, so he couldn't have been that apologetic.
He's a tried and true addict and he thinks like one.  I'm not saying all addicts are like that, but I think that his addictions make him think the way he does.  Watching these clips is painful, really.   
Principessa
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »

To be fair,

Steven did pass the first stage of Celebrity Rehab. He made the first step and graduated from that program.

Sober House is a harder gig for an addict on recovery.

He is in the real world and in a less safe environment than Celebrity Rehab. There are more temptations out there and it is easier to fall back into bad habits.

...and I Do
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #57 on: February 07, 2009, 08:30:45 PM »

Steven's back in this weeks episode, although he's a lot less prominent in this one.  Which is a good thing, for him.  You don't really want to be the star of Sober House who gets the ratings, which he was the first couple episodes.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #58 on: February 10, 2009, 12:43:24 PM »

Steven is interviewed prior to the Grammy's, he talks mostly about Sober House:

STEVEN ADLER Interviewed By Chicago's Q101.1 FM; Video Available - Feb. 10, 2009

Original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler spoke with Ryan Manno of Chicago's Q101.1 FM from the Staples Center in Los Angeles ahead of this past Sunday's Grammy Awards. Watch the four-minute chat below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114094

Jdog0830
Legend

Rocking and Rolling because I am young and free!!!

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2009, 01:55:58 PM »

Steven is interviewed prior to the Grammy's, he talks mostly about Sober House:

STEVEN ADLER Interviewed By Chicago's Q101.1 FM; Video Available - Feb. 10, 2009

Original GUNS N' ROSES drummer Steven Adler spoke with Ryan Manno of Chicago's Q101.1 FM from the Staples Center in Los Angeles ahead of this past Sunday's Grammy Awards. Watch the four-minute chat below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=114094

dam i cant beleave i didnt hear it

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=59678.0

Just keep on moving on don't turn around or you'll lose it all
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: