Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:06:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Man shoots talker in philly movie theater
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Man shoots talker in philly movie theater  (Read 7460 times)
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2008, 07:44:47 PM »

all he had to do was go get security to warn them or chuck them out.

Why should he have to?  So he has to get up, miss part of the movie, hunt down an usher/security, disrupt everyone elses movie experience (usher comes in, flashlight, argument with the talker).

Maybe people just shouldn't talk in the first place!!!  Easily my #1 pet peeve.
whats more hassle.

missing a bit of the film?

going to jail for attempted murder?

not my point - I'm not suggesting people should shoot talkers instead of getting someone who works at the theater.  people shouldn't have to do anything in the first place.  is it that hard to shut your mouth for 2 hours, especially when you know other people are trying to watch a movie?  Why the F would you answer your phone in a movie theater??

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2008, 07:47:29 PM »

People are selfish assholes is why.

Still don't see how that is attempted murder instead of aggravated assault.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2008, 11:01:48 PM »

I turn off my phone when I go to the movies.

When I'm at the movies, I want to get away from all the outside distractions.  Even if it's only for two hours.

The problem with that is it would cost the theater more money which means the ticket prices/concession prices would have to be even higher.  I would buck up another $2 if it guaranteed no cell phones/talkers. 

The truth is there shouldn't be a need for ushers in theaters.  You're told more than once to not talk and turn off your phone.  people just don't give a shit about other people.  no

If you have Arclight theatres in NY, I highly suggest them.  They really do make the movie-going experience quite worthwhile.  I was sitting in the back last Saturday, and I did not see one cell phone come out.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2008, 12:16:56 AM »

the attempted murder charge is bullshit.

aggravated assault should be the charge

there was no "ATTEMPT" at murder. I mean for fuck's sake he shot him in the arm and he was point blank range. If he wanted to kill him, he would've had no problems.

2 questions

1. why the fuck do people socialize during movies

2nd? why the fuck would u bring a gun to the movies?

1. Its Philly that place is something I know a guy from Philly and he's your typical trash talker, loudmouth.  Im from Seattle and if someone was talking in the movie they probaly wouldn't say a damn thing.

2. East Coast  were more mellow out here on the west coast.  We don't boo santa clause  hihi

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2008, 01:41:06 AM »

When I'm at the movies, I want to get away from all the outside distractions.  Even if it's only for two hours.

The problem with that is it would cost the theater more money which means the ticket prices/concession prices would have to be even higher.  I would buck up another $2 if it guaranteed no cell phones/talkers. 

The truth is there shouldn't be a need for ushers in theaters.  You're told more than once to not talk and turn off your phone.  people just don't give a shit about other people.  no

If you have Arclight theatres in NY, I highly suggest them.  They really do make the movie-going experience quite worthwhile.  I was sitting in the back last Saturday, and I did not see one cell phone come out.

what do they do to make it better?  I don't think there are any in NYC.  Never heard of them.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2008, 01:45:50 AM »

the attempted murder charge is bullshit.

aggravated assault should be the charge

there was no "ATTEMPT" at murder. I mean for fuck's sake he shot him in the arm and he was point blank range. If he wanted to kill him, he would've had no problems.

You wouldn't be saying that shit if he shot somebody in your family.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2008, 02:18:23 AM »

what do they do to make it better?  I don't think there are any in NYC.  Never heard of them.

Before the movie begins, an usher goes up front and greets the audience.  He/she goes on to tell everyone to turn off their phones and they alert as that if they need anything, there are two ushers situated at each exit and if we need anything or have any complaints, we should let them know and they will handle it.

It is a bit more expensive but the experience makes up for it.  I think it helps keep the riff-raff out.

I remember seeing The Simpsons movie in another theatre and it was mass chaos.  All these kids were stoned out of their minds and the place reeked of marijuana.  And they were all talking and texting.  It was quite a scene.

https://www.arclightcinemas.com/static/AboutArcLight.html
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 03:05:35 AM »

Just tase these fuckers if they talk, or use a cell phone. They've had fair warning as far as I'm concerned.

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2008, 03:26:26 AM »

Just tase these fuckers if they talk, or use a cell phone. They've had fair warning as far as I'm concerned.

Would breaking their phone be considered going too far?
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2008, 05:13:01 AM »

Would breaking their phone be considered going too far?

Nope!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2008, 05:44:03 AM »

people in my family know how to act in public so it would never happen. My family would be the shooter and not the shootie.

I don't think anyone has made it out like it is OK to kill somebody over a movie, most of my shit has been joking around but damn those people are annoying.

Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2008, 11:24:08 AM »

1) The man deserved to see the movie uninterupted, I agree but...
2) He let his temper get the best of him, and that is exactly why he probably packs a gun illegally
3) Maybe some anger management and self controll classes may be entered in his punishment

The man put alot of people in jeaprody, not to mention the one who got shot, no one deserved that regardless, sorry but I cannot agree with his method of madness, it's insane Huh

My husband legally carries a firearm every single day, we are business owners, sometimes we do get some employees who don't take being let go to easily and they pass threats, it's strictly for his/our own safety, as you really never know if one of them may try to make good on their threats, we don't take them for grantid, cuz some people are flat crazy!!!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 12:21:15 AM by msaxl43 » Logged

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
ben9785
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2008, 11:08:49 PM »

I'm laughing, only thinking about what the world is coming to..

Some people..
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #33 on: December 29, 2008, 11:48:17 PM »

people in my family know how to act in public so it would never happen. My family would be the shooter and not the shootie.

That's not the point dipshit.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 07:50:46 AM »

Wow insults!  How original.

So what is the point? U said, how would i feel if it were someone in my family

my family knows how to act in public and they are from a small psycho free town..

so I was just answering your question.

How would i feel?

honestly, pretty god damn happy that my family member was just shot in the arm and not murdered. Always look at the bright side.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2008, 08:09:09 AM by D » Logged

western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2008, 09:22:23 AM »

Wow insults!  How original.

So what is the point? U said, how would i feel if it were someone in my family

my family knows how to act in public and they are from a small psycho free town..

so I was just answering your question.

How would i feel?

honestly, pretty god damn happy that my family member was just shot in the arm and not murdered. Always look at the bright side.

He's asking you if this was your family it happened to, would you feel the same? He's not asking you how psycho (or not) you're family is.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
victor08
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2009, 01:59:26 PM »

that guy was serious about watching that movie!  hihi

i don't blame him. i hate movie talkers. he must have had a bad day, and just snapped.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2009, 02:45:03 PM »

That movie is very hard to not talk during though. So much shit goes on, it is almost impossible to not lean over and ask your partner what they think of a certain part etc.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2009, 03:05:30 PM »

he asked them to be quiet and they STILL kept on talking!!

Think twice who we wanna have in public and who we wan't behind locked doors Tongue

1) The man deserved to see the movie uninterupted, I agree but...
2) He let his temper get the best of him, and that is exactly why he probably packs a gun illegally
3) Maybe some anger management and self controll classes may be entered in his punishment

Do you really think people like that deserve the gift of life? Not me.

But I'm not from Philly and maybe I'm wrong in what I am thinking about it. Each man for his own.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 03:23:50 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2009, 07:10:45 PM »

Just to be fair though, nobody died.

We definitely wouldn't have this light of a mood if someone actually had been murdered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: